Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 12:03
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%
Default Anyone know about PP and Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue?

Hi Everyone - I had a bad flareup of FM and CFIDS just before I started PP last year so I put it off not wanting to rock the boat in the middle of a storm. Now that things are beginning to settle down I'm reading the book again - it's filled with so much info that I'm feeling overwhelmed.

My question is do you or do you know anyone with FM or CFIDS who is on PP? Does it help? Any suggestions?

Now I'm pretty much doing OWL Atkins - must keep carbs under 50 and calories under 1500 to maintain (but no weight loss) - I eat my carbs in fruit and veggies and agree with what the Eades say about grains - I feel really, really bad whenever I eat them - even the lowcarb speciality mixes for pasta and bread...can't do 'em.

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kandra
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-08, 00:52

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

I have FM and CFS and I'm a proud PPer

I think it certainly does help - my health these days is just incomparable to what it used to be. I've even improved to the point where I can hold down a job with a reasonable number of hours a week.

I think really, just apply the KISS (keep it simple, s---) principle to things and don't let all the science data overwhelm you. All you really need to know is your daily protein requirements - then you split that over your meals for the day and split you 40ECC over the days meals and you're golden.

I'm completely grain free (diagnosed gluten intolerant), a possible reason the LC mixes might be interfering with you is because to make them LC they increase the gluten content.. gluten being wheat protein.

ummm.. apart from that I'm a hedonist through and through and eat disturbing amounts of dairy My latest trial in terms of supplementation is Vit D3 and I've got to say, so far my energy levels are fantastic as are my pain levels.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-08, 14:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I have FMS and I've been on PP since July. I've found that I feel best when I avoid gluten, dairy, and all legumes, including soy. I undestand not wanting to try a new way of eating while sick, but I feel so much better staying away from problem foods that it's worth the energy.

I never attempted to cut out wheat and gluten until I was already eating LC and not relying on bread products so much- but otherwise, the "avoid all alergens" diet is more important IMO to my health than my carb intake.