Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-07, 10:25
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 210/193/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Induction

I don't have a copy of PP, and won't be able to get to the bookstore for awhile today. How many carbs are you allowed for induction on PP? And what's PP's recommended induction period--2 weeks?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-07, 16:52

Plan: Protein Power Pre-Maintan
Stats: 135/120/115 Female 5'4"
BF:23% current
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrea
I don't have a copy of PP, and won't be able to get to the bookstore for awhile today. How many carbs are you allowed for induction on PP? And what's PP's recommended induction period--2 weeks?

hi
In Intervention (PP's so-called Induction), you are allowed 7-10 grams ECC per meal. You can have additional snack for up to 10 ECC, or you can break it dow to two snacks, 5 g each. Now, ECC is Effective Carb count, which you get by substructing fiber grams from total carb grams, so you can have a lot of fiber rich vegetables for your meals without jeopardizing the plan. Total ECC during Intervention should be less than 40g ECC for the day.

There is no reccomended period for Intervention. Dr. Eades says you have to stay in Intervention until you fix your health problems, like high cholesterol, high glycerides, heart problems, reduce your cravings, will be in a healthy weight range and get rid of the fat around the midsection (if there is such) etc..
If you have no health problems but only want to reduce body fat percentage (he says healthy fat percentage is 20-25% for women and a little less for men, don't remember exactly) or after you have corrected underlying health problems, you go on to Intervention II or transition (don't remember exactly how the second phase called), You have to increase your carbs to 15 per meal (again ECC!!!) or less than 60g for the day.
I would recommend to get PPLP (PP life plan) because it's sooo much more info there about how it works and why it works and what else you need to do (supplements and exercise) for better health.
Good luck. Enjoy your reading when you do get the book, I loved reading it.

Gala
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-07, 17:35
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 210/193/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

That's about what I remembered. Thank you!