Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#706   ^
Old Tue, May-04-21, 05:25

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz so glad you are taking the time to just think and breathe thru your losing Bella. Believe me that poochie had the best life a dog could ever have You sure did that for her and she gave you back so much. I SO wish that we had more time with our pets cause I know so much how you feel. But time marches over us and being adults 'we get how life HAS to go!' but darn if it don't wrench out our hearts alot of times.

You will be fine.

and tell that lady at work to take a flyin' leap for me HAHA

Lori we got the big rains on us also. I have to go out and mow front and backyard real fast before more rain hits later this afternoon.....we won't be able to control all the grass growing around the house and barns and side carport areas and more if we don't get some handled inbetween the days of rain LOL omg

your DH heading out and my DH is heading out for car work too.....ahhhhh

Hey Nicco, waiting on new check in and glad you are exercising and doing good!

------------------all whatever today.
mow is number 1

hubby leaving for car work

mom stuff, call hospital and all that, see if I need to go up again etc.

so far all good

chat up later, off to do who knows but there is a bunch of crap to do HA
Sponsored Links
  #707   ^
Old Tue, May-04-21, 17:59

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Yep, the days I have had to put dogs down are easily amongst the worst of my life, even though I know it is a blessing for them. Such hard good byes.

But now that part is behind you. As I know from experience, yes, it still hurts, but every day life just elbows its way in and pushes you along, whether you like it or not. I can't help but think, silver lining, that the timing here is good for you. You are on your way to a sparkling brand new place, and brand new life. No memories there...yet. Just a lovely blank slate, which I send high hopes will fill up with very good things.

Oh, and that boss. What a hard a**. I'm so glad you "put your well being" above work, here. It is all part of boundary setting with a new job, and you took your jazzy chalk out and drew a nice straight line for her. All you have to do now is be good enough at what you do that she can't afford not to afford you the respect you deserve.

Trig---I am hoping your mama is going to be just fine. It makes me smile when you talk about her---she sounds like such a stalwart soul, just like you.

I really appreciated you sharing the part about her docs telling her she needs to move. "Movement is life!" This is a message I really need to embrace. Time was life was so busy, you had to move whether you liked it or not. Gads, I used to run around like crazy. All the time. For me, the Co-vid and a life passage of change right now have severely dented the "movement" quotient. Writing my book requires absolutely no movement. We haven't had a dog to walk since she went blind. One by one, little by little, the things I have to move for have declined. So yeah, I'm with you, I'm thinking a lot about this right now, because I can feel the difference and I don't like it.

Nic---How's Sophie? SIGH. I come here and catch up like reading a novel. And lately there have been all kinds of pet pitfalls and some human ones too. I hope Sophie is doing better. One thing I will say is, our dogger had many false flags before she was really done. Hoping Sophie has more quality life left in her.

Oh yeah, me too, I really giggled at your remarks about the chatty exercise video gal. LOLS, I remember those gals from my video exercise days. And like Lori says, sometimes a work out works well enough for you, that at first while you may be irritated, eventually you come to memorize their every gabby word and it just becomes part of the work out, and you get to the point where you know if she's saying this or that, you're almost done!

Lori---Is Gabby's limp improving? Hope so. Feel I have come to know your "furry alarm clock" a bit. I am quite fascinated by cats and what it might be like to have one for a pet. Alas, won't happen for me due to my allergy to them, but I really enjoy hearing about it.

Makes me happy that the season for your passion, golf, is here and you're enjoying it for the better part---which seems to me with golf is the best you ever get. What a challenging and frustrating game that puts even the best players up a tree, or better said, in a trap when they least expect it.

But I think back to when you had that nasty shoulder injury and how much that sidelined you from golf, and then time whizzes by and here you are, out there enjoying yourself, or not---but somehow with golfers, like with fishers I think, just being out there and giving it a go is well worth it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing OK---but then as I keep saying "Ok is the new fab in these times." Having been fully vaccinated is a great help when it comes to my anxieties about socializing, and it is good to have more of that back, if not exactly like before. Still, better is better.

Recently I have had a couple of work projects turn up out of the blue, in both of my businesses. I've wanted to be semi-retired, but at times in the last year or so, seemed I was going to just be retired, whether I liked it or not. SHRUG. You just never know. So that's keeping me busy right now, particularly since I'm feeling pretty rusty at it all, and I don't just whip through it like I used to. It will be what it will be, and I've given up on guessing what that will be.

SO looking forward to some travel. Looks like we might head up to our beloved Door County sometime in the next month or so. We have a pal up there with a summer house she recently inherited, and she has invited us to come stay with her. It won't be at our traditional place, but that got bought out and now is holy cats expensive. But we enjoyed it for a very long time for a lot less, and now it seems like a new adventure to stay on a totally different place on the peninsula.

Also, hoping to get back to my home town this summer. It's been over 2 years and I miss it. Lucky us, we have pals who will put us up there too. So now I just have to get it planned and on the calendar.

All in all, things are rolling along---LOL, including me when it comes to "the rolling" as I am getting round enough to roll. I don't like it. I don't like the way I feel. Think I'm pretty close to doing something about it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, May-04-21 at 22:42.
  #708   ^
Old Wed, May-05-21, 03:23

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue.....so nice to wake up to an update from you. Ahhh......a bit of traveling sure sounds nice. Even a weekend away would be great at this point. DH and I were just talking about that yesterday. We haven't been away together since Feb. 2019 when we were in Key West and I took my tumble. The last year+ has just been a blur. Now with Betty, we just can't both be away at the same time. You do what you have to do. Hope your writing is going well. Do you have a deadline that you have to meet? What a project!

Gabby is still a bit gimpy. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but I can tell she doesn't have the strength in her hips that she always had. I worry that one morning I'll get up and she won't be able to stand. Sigh.....these furkids!

Yes, golf continues to be fun/frustrating. I had hopes that last week's lessons would "fix" me, but alas......no. I either have to start practicing a lot, or just go out and play and accept my crappy score.

Jaz......your dinner on the beach photo was lovely. I know you'll miss having the beach right out your front door, but you will still be close at your new place. I'm sure you'll be glad when you get moved in and settled a bit. Hope work is not too stressful this week. Just take a day at a time.

Trig...Any idea when Mom can go home? Hope all the tests continue to come out ok.

Nic....what are you up to?

---------

Not much on my agenda for today. I got lots of stuff done yesterday, so today is just a cruise day. It's supposed to rain, so it'll be dreary. Tomorrow is a golf day, though the temp will only be around 60 for a high. We had 80's the other day and now we can't get much above 60. Sigh......

Have good days!
  #709   ^
Old Wed, May-05-21, 04:30

BF:

Lori we are rainy dreary too. Big storm got alot of us covered under it

mom came home yesterday. all 'as fine as can be' and she isn't 'effected' truly by this situation so she is happy about that. She isn't in pain or any big horrifying type med issue going down for her so she accepts that as a good thing ya know.

Blue, nice to see a post from you

I hear ya on the movement. I got winter slug happening and I also need to move more. I noticed my total movement has gone limp truly. Time to correct just like you. I know you truly see and feel the difference and once ya do, you kinda DO have to DO something about it LOL Time for eating right and more movement, thru exercise, walking with hubby in the evening or whatever, but we sure have to do it.

Nice to hear about your Door Cty trip you are planning. New area is great. Change of scenery, new adventures in the area, be good for you~!!

Jaz and Nicco....HELLO

-----------------So mom home. On 3 pills for Afib and congestive heart failure issue. Has cardiologist appt May 14.
Just sorting it out and all but she is FINE ya know....truly in good form. At 93 getting 'anything' ain't cool. Wrapping my head around it all now. Borrowed time is the thing my bro keeps saying, and yea I get it But life is life and will march all over us as it has to do.....so working it all out in my mind.

Beef. I need to eat more beef. My steak per day is critical to me. Back to steak as first meal....after that I can do some variety. Noticed eating all this pork and chicken and other meats/seafood that I 'feel less than' in some way without my beef....so beef it is!

got a nice Tbone for later and then whatever. first meal critical to me, second can be whatever

Move more. Yup. Like Blue mentioned I too am more slug than a movement thug. Slug gotta go. Will handle it. All I can do is move more and commit.

All good tho. Just putting ducks in a row in my brain and surviving thru life as it goes down. but all cool on it. Can't go whacko over any of it. I am the whacko type so I keep saying to myself, don't go there ya know LOL

be good all
  #710   ^
Old Wed, May-05-21, 06:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Yay waking up to lots of reading this morning!

Trig
- So glad your mom is back home. CHF and A-fib. Is this a new DX? So with CHF she will need to weigh herself daily. If her weight increases over 4 pounds in a week she will need to call her doctor. Of course they should have gone over all of that with her in the hospital. Add that to giving up salt and sodium filled foods is a no brainer.
I am sure they put her on a blood thinner as well for the A-fib. She she will need to be careful with bruising, and all.
But she has you and your bro. she is in good hands. She also sounds like a spitfire, I know where you get it!

You know you listen to your body and it will tell you what to nourish your body with. If you feel better on just beef, well then beef it is! Nothing wrong with that!

Blue- Lovely to see a post! A long and juicy one to boot! I know you know the loss of a beloved pet. Thank you for your kind words. You ladies have been my strength when I need it the most.

Truly happy to hear you are going to Door County. I KNOW you must be cautiously excited.

I am also excited you have a few projects to keep ya busy. Plus it puts a few dimes in your pockets!

Lori- I hear ya on bad weather! But Like Blue said- Look how far you have come since that "broken" wing! Then you had to deal with your leg! Gads!!!!!!!

But no that did not stop you- off you went in search of videos!!!!

NIC- Updates!!!! Then it will be a full house!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I started this post late so ...... going to wrap this up. Work went well yesterday. I tossed myself 100% into it and would not let my thoughts go anywhere else.
Then work was over and I knew Bella would be starving. Then I remembered..............

I went over to the Crab Daddy shack and got Seared Tuna appetizer and went to the beach. It was a sorta gloomy day- but we avoided all that rain they had up north.

I slept last night after I piled up a bunch of pillows on my legs (where she would sleep). And that is that-

The sun is out bright this morning, deep blue skies. I took a bubble bath and actually ran a brush through my hair. First in two days! HAHAHAHAH I told myself I would leave that part out! Oh well such is life.

Gotta run- and plug into work
  #711   ^
Old Wed, May-05-21, 18:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Quick check in and will write more tomorrow. Several social things this week and I am tired of talking. lol
Jaz you have been on my mind all week long.
Trig I hope your Mom is doing okay.
I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. xoxoxo
  #712   ^
Old Thu, May-06-21, 03:56

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling dopey this morning. Gabby got me up at 3 and wouldn't come downstairs. She was in my exercise room, so I just shut the door to that room and went back to bed. She put up with that till a bit after 5 when she started clawing at the door. She has everything she could possibly need in that room...a litter box, food, water, and a perch by the window. When I first got her and had 2 cats, I would put her in there at night so they wouldn't fight.

Heading to what will be a soggy golf course today. I have to leave about 8:30. This begins 4 days in a row of golf. Whew! I'm going to be feeling beat up after day 2! I thought we were going to get rained out tomorrow, but now it looks like we may be ok. Only a chance of showers here and there, but chilly.....we'll be lucky if it hits 60! I just hope we see some sun.

Sorry for no personals this morning, but my head is not working till my coffee kicks in! Thinking of you all!

#713   ^
Old Thu, May-06-21, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Lori- Whew indeed. Four days of golf????????? Wow....Are you playing with different people each day?
Goodness you need to let Gabby know you need sleep!!

Nic- HAHAHAHtalked out huh?!? I look forward to hear what you are doing!

Trig- How is your mom? Hoping things settling down for you!

Blue- you are sounding like a busy gal these days!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I need to think about packing today and tomorrow.
I went out for dinner and totally blew my diet to shreds. I am feeling pretty punk over it this morning! ICK.............

Today is a fast day to give my gut a chance to settle. Not much to add today- just getting through another day.

Back on the LC horse.

Have a good one
  #714   ^
Old Thu, May-06-21, 10:29

BF:

Jaz- Girl, give yourself grace. You have BEEN THROUGH IT this week with your Bella and getting ready to pack up and move. I mean, that is A LOT to deal with. I would be absolutely freaking out.

Blue- good to get a catch up from you! I am excited that you have some travel to look forward to. That's great news! I know how much you love Door County. Where is your hometown again? I don't remember.

Lori- Gosh I had forgotten about that tumble in Key West. Ugh! That was really a time for you. Hey, how is your hamstring doing now that you are golfing again? Any issues at all with it or has that settled down?

Trig- How concerned are you for your Mom and her diagnoses? It is hard to tell based on what you wrote. How do your brothers feel about it?

••••••••••••••

Today's movement is laundry and cleaning house. I always feel like I need to do a general house cleaning etc when we are going anywhere, even though Dh and DS22 will be back lickety split and we have a dog sitter. I just like to leave it tidy. That should keep me pretty busy though.

Tried on swimsuits in anticipation of the upcoming FL trip. Oh boy, ladies, it was not pretty. You can tell I have been on and off plan for quite a while. I am packing a gut for real. UGH. Consistency is NOT my middle name. I told my son I look and feel like an Oreo. lol

Sophie continues to be stable. Limping heavily but stable and doesn't seem unhappy. I guess we will continue as we are for the time being and then maybe revisit the vet after a while to see what her thoughts are about the limping and paw dragging.

DS19 had his first exam today, in Biology. Two exams tomorrow and then one on Tuesday. I hope they go relatively well!
  #715   ^
Old Fri, May-07-21, 04:03

BF:

Good Morning!

Had a great night's sleep and am ready for a good day. We're going to try to get a round of golf in this morning before the rain moves in. Tomorrow is looking pretty iffy for playing....we are in a pattern of rain, rain, rain. Ugh. I had a good time on the course yesterday......a lot of good play with just a few "blow up" holes. That's golf!

Nic....do you leave for the beach today? I forget the details of where and how long you'll be gone. Any trip sounds fabulous to me right now. Just going to my sister's is a big trip for me lately. Hope you have a great time!

Jaz.....Get thru work today and then you have a whirlwind weekend! Is the weather going to cooperate for you? I wish I was there to help you get moved in and settled.

Trig...I hope Mom continues to do well. Will you be seeing her this weekend, or were you there yesterday? Are you still in a stretch of rainy weather, or has it improved? Hope you got your mowing done between bouts of rain.

Blue......Hope it's been a good week and that your weekend is

---------

Heading to the golf course around 8:30 again today. A nice walk spoiled by a little ball.
  #716   ^
Old Fri, May-07-21, 05:49

BF:

Good Morning.
Another day....I ended up taking a call late and then had to chart for a long time and that put me in over time last night. Then my artist friend knocked on my door as I was wrapping work up.

She hung out all night and we sat out on the patio long after the sun set. I was being chopped alive with mosquitos. At one point we were chatting and she said "Oh NO!" Out comes a guy walking a Shibu that was the TWIN of Bella. I of course ran down the steps to the side walk to pet Bellas twin. The owner was gracious.
I was bawling to see "my" doggie trotting happily along someone else.
My head knows that was not my baby but my heart can't accept she is gone.

I am so grateful to have a job and a darling friend that have occupied my time. I was doing ok yesterday until I saw that dog.
Needless to say I have not packed a thing yet. I need to work on all of that today so I can roll out tomorrow early. I need to head out no later than 10.

Lori- Have fun on the course. You are getting rain rain rain - I am getting sun sun sun. It has not rained here in days. All that heavy rain moved north of me!
How is everything up your way? It sounds like you are in the groove and getting on fine!

NIC- OMG Swimsuits- urghhhhhh. I will tell you- just get one or two and say WTH. You know when I get here last year I bought 2 swimsuits and I look like a stuffed sausage and I just don't give a rip anymore.
At one time in my life I would never beach or poolside at this size. But I was missing out and truly nobody cares. They either love ya and if not who cares. I feel best though in a swimsuit with a dynamite cover. They have some really cute ones that are drapy and covers a mountain of sin. HAHAHAHAHAH
Girl go to FL and have a ball!!!!

I sure hope your Sophie bounces back. I will leave it at that!
Yea I see you seriously cleaning before you leave. I do that too!!!!
I forget where in Florida you are going.

Trig- How is your mom doing? I know I mostly likely gave you info you didn't want or ask for. The nurse in me runs deeps.

Is your kiddo "in" school or is it still home learning. I am so confused as to what these kids are doing. NY still has not opened schools.

You doing ok???????

Hi Blue! - I know you are working and that makes me happy!
-----------------------------------------------
Work and packing today. I know my friend will pop over later and we will share a glass of wine on the patio. We have gotten pretty close pretty fast. I will miss her greatly.
Funny we are as different as night and day. She is from the Martha Vineyard type. I am about as fly on the seat of my pants kinda gal.
She is crystal flutes, I am red plastic cups! It is a hysterical friendship. I will miss her deeply.

Yesterday was a good eating day. Just baked salmon. I wasn't real hungry. Not today either. I think I have SO much to happen in the next 48 hours - eating is the least of my concerns.

It will be so strange to leave tomorrow with an empty front passenger seat.
  #717   ^
Old Fri, May-07-21, 06:37

BF:

got some stuff to figure out etc, so not wanting to basically chat today LOL

sticking with zc but man I wanna eat some feelings away on crap LOL but I won't....been nibbling some crap and realize I am starting to feel icky.....time to tighten down that ship!

ribeye steak today with shrimp and maybe come bacon and eggs or chicken.

time to watch me as I deal with other stuff!

ugh and another ugh
brain games going down around me right now

chat up later and ya'll be good
  #718   ^
Old Fri, May-07-21, 07:36

BF:

Lori- Yup, rain rain rain indeed. Ack! I cut the heat on briefly this morning too. I know I will whine when it gets really hot but this cool 60 degree weather is pretty persistent this year!

Jaz- I can so relate to your response to that Shiba Inu. It was YEARS before I would not run to a Bernese Mtn dog and get teary after Gracie passed. We have loved all of our dogs but she was the dog of my heart. I still miss her.

I'm glad you are getting time with your friend before you leave. It is lovely that you made a friend that will stick even after you go. She isn't far so you all can visit.

Trig- Yeah girl you have a lot going on. Take care of you, stay busy. Sending you hugs.

••••••

Getting things done and heading out today around noon-1. Weather will be okay (60-64 for highs) during the time my fam is there with showers, so not ideal but we will have fun anyway. Then of course I stay a couple of days and then bring T home from college.

We have some restaurants planned, will poke around some in different areas and neighborhoods to get the lay of the land etc. Plus the kids are excited too, just to go somewhere different!

Anyway, gonna get things done bc C and I will leave around 12:30-1 or so.
  #719   ^
Old Sat, May-08-21, 03:08

BF:

Good Morning,

Jaz....I know you're hitting the ground running today. I hope everything goes well and that you get moved in ok.

Nic....Hope the weather cooperates and you can have some nice beach time the next few days.

Trig.....Thinking of you as you deal with things. It will all work out, but it is stressful for sure. We will be dealing with a lot of "stuff" with Betty in the near future. Even though she's not a parent(DH's cousin), we are all she has as far as family. You just take one thing at a time, deal with it to the best of your ability, and move on.

-----------

It is in the 40's and I'm heading to the golf course.....WTF? Add to that that it very likely will rain at some point. I truly think I've lost my mind. I have to be at my friend's house at 8 this morning. We're going out for breakfast and then out to play. Could prove to be a miserable day. We're playing with my friend's brother and another guy who plays at our course. I'm going to bundle up and slap a smile on my face.

Have the best day you can!
  #720   ^
Old Sat, May-08-21, 04:22

BF:

Nicco have fun and report back all the fun you do have

Lori, yea cold here too! High of like 71 and it is a cold one at that. I have windows open yesterday and had to close them, I was freezing my butt off in the house LOL

Have as much fun as you can golfing and yea, slap on a smile and go for it.

I think of you guys having to deal with Betty also....yea it will come sooner than later now as I see what is going down with mom. People in their 90s are gonna do what they are gonna do on medical and boy that flip can be super fast for sure.

Jazz, what's doing?

------------all good here. putting our feelers and getting ducks in a row type thing.

great ribeye steak and some pork yesterday. Might just repeat that meal again today. easy peasy

this and that today along with a few other things
hubby going off to work the car job today

see where the day goes be good all