Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-07-12, 19:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default 7 Pound Regain in month of April

Boy am I mad and frustrated. No one else to blame but myself. I have been here a million times.

I guess I am looking for words of encouragement and advice.

I was so happy to get down to a 4 year low weight. Why I fell of the wagon immediately after I got to feeling so good about myself just kills me.

I had a good day one today though......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-07-12, 20:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 177/162/150 Female 5 ft 8''
BF:molto/grande/pico
Progress: 56%

hey we all go there - i had to restart induction last week b/c of the same falling of the wagon for a week or so but 1 day becomes 2 becomes 3 and you are on your way -- good luck and you can do it!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 07:34

Stats: 315/251/235 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I had too good a time at the Japanese Buffet (all protein and veggies however) and put on 4 lbs between weekly weigh-ins. A few days cutting dairy and protein back, and having a bit more leafy greens has taken most of it off.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 14:13

Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thanks all -- I am really trying today and so far pretty clean. I am determined to get back to where I was!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-10-12, 11:17

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2Bskny
Boy am I mad and frustrated. No one else to blame but myself. I have been here a million times.

I guess I am looking for words of encouragement and advice.

I was so happy to get down to a 4 year low weight. Why I fell of the wagon immediately after I got to feeling so good about myself just kills me.

I had a good day one today though......

Well, we all fall off that frigging wagon. For me, it has happened way too many times to count. BUT.....the important thing is, you learn to stop the fall quicker and quicker and get back ON the wagon. That way you minimize the damage. I've been bobbing around in the low to mid 140's for months now, and while I'm happy that I have more or less stabilized in this range, my bad eating behavior does tend to slowly get out of hand, with a result that up I go again. I've just gotten better at monitoring myself and not letting it go too far when I've got carb or sugar creep. In past years I could go months, years without paying too much attention to reversing it. Now I mostly just go days before I get myself in hand.

As of Monday I'm back on strict plan and when I do this right, it works so magically. This is why I love Atkins. Do it right, you see results, and that's always encouraging.

The key thing I now understand about myself is that my continued success rests on keeping non-Atkins foods out of my house entirely. I know I should develop willpower, and to a certain extent I have, but I just know myself too well and realize that if the junk is here, I'll eventually succumb to eating it. No way around that, I'm sorry to say, but at least I know how to make this work.

So for you, a 7 lb. regain in a month is more than a bit of typical bloat. I would consider it a sign to get back to basics and be consistent with that for awhile, and the weight will come off quite nicely. It's CONSISTENCY OVER TIME that works best. I've seen this over and over.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-10-12, 12:45

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

The road to weightloss is bumpy. We're bound to fall of the wagon now and then. It's how soon you get back on the wagon that matters. If you get up, dust yourself off, and take a running leap back on the wagon, it's a lot easier than staying down, letting the wagon get several hundred feet or even a mile ahead of you. Right? I picture this like a cartoon in my mind. I'm always running and leaping when I fall now.