Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#706   ^
Old Sun, Apr-12-20, 07:35

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Happy Easter all!

NIC- Your kiddo published an Album?!?!?!?!Self published? How amazing for him! I do get the momma side of you with the heart stings of hearing angst in his songs. I will say though music is a way of connecting not only with others but with ourself.
I can tell you the hardest times in my life- musics was my mainstay. It is food to the soul!
So cool he IS able to express himself thought that medium!

I do bet though you have got to be proud of him! On another note if totally sue for him his senior year was basically taken from him. I know it is frustrating for you to have so many people (adults) in the same house, but they want out too!

On that note - ((((((( hugs))))))) I know you have "put in your time" and now you are back to kids and family life. Tossed into a situation none of us predicted. I am in no way minimizing any of it. I get stressed out when I am around to many people day in day out 24/7. I totally get you, omg more than you know.
I love my kids dearly- I know I could not live with them right now. I relish my space. That being said- would I allow them to live with me if something were to happen- yes. It is not easy!

Even when my 32 year son comes to visit he falls right back into "momma taking care of me". I cook and clean and it is work. I love seeing him, and love seeing him go. It is different when they are now fully adults.
At any rate- Virtual hugs and hang in there and only take today!!!!
That is all I can manage - truly!

TRIG- I love your image of a back hoe in your front yard! You should put lights on it! HAHAHAHA!!! At least you did get the majority of your lawn mowed! - The rain is coming!!! Get it done now!

What are you doing this weekend? Are you going to your moms for dinner?

Lori- Enjoy your day with Betty. Where were you picking up dinner? I was thinking about that too. I think though for just me it is a bit over the top. I don't want just carry out.
I am trying to reel it in. At least you are not cooking!!!

I love you are able to get out a bit more and get your runs in! I know that has to make you feel better.

How is sis holding up! Does she have someone to shop for her? Hope she is well.

BLUE-
- hey there lady. I hope you are writing your heart out and having a great weekend!
Are you doing anything special today? Put down your dot!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Supposed to rain all day and then BIG storms to roll in this evening!

Gotta do 2 loads of laundry and decide on dinner- the high light of my day!!!

It is going to be either Salmon or crack slaw. I make make both so I have extra for tomorrow. I am prepping for next week!!!!

Back in a bit!
I need to take her out before the rains come!
Sponsored Links
  #707   ^
Old Sun, Apr-12-20, 13:40

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

3:30PM and I could go to bed! Did a 3.5 mile run/walk at 11 and then a quick shower before running to a local restaurant to pick up dinner. The dinners were very good. Baked ham, mashed potatoes, mixed veg, side of cole slaw & I also got a Qt of mac & cheese. I ended up eating mac & cheese, a roll and a few bites of ham. Not LC by any stretch of the imagination. Whatever.

Betty enjoyed the dinner and having some company for a bit. I was anxious to get home and pop the lid off a beer. That run/walk kicked my butt and then I was off and running to get Easter dinner picked up and get everyone fed. Done!

I talked to Sis this morning and she's doing well. She was going to go over to her daughter's and go for a walk with her granddaughter. Jaz, you asked who shops for her.....her daughter or son in law gets what she needs and then she goes to pick it up. She doesn't go in their house, they bring things out to her. So sad how we're having to live now. This too shall pass....I hope.

It turned out to be a nice day. Calm before the storm......tomorrow looks dreadful. Wind and rain and storms. Only in the 50's for highs all week.

Hope you've all had a nice day.
  #708   ^
Old Sun, Apr-12-20, 17:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Happy Easter, all!

Nic---I loved your post about your empathetic pinched heart for your son. Ain't it the truth that we can handle our own pain better than when our children are hurting. We have several friends w/kids who will have no graduation. One couple we know has ordered the cap and gown anyway and are planning a "family graduation." LOL, they have "pomp and circumstance" all lined on Youtube, will make it as festive as they can w/a great meal and some grad gifts from them and her siblings. But yeah, no, it's just not the same.

OTOH, these are memories in their own right, some which will become burnished w/the years---as our parents memories of their challenges, from depression to WWII, etc, etc, shown more brightly than anyone expected. Not all of them of course, as will be true w/this too.

But SIGH, that doesn't help much today. Agree w/Jaz that it is SO GOOD that T. has the talent and the drive to express himself this way. Also, he's self publishing his own album---totally fab. I'd love to know where to find it!

REALLY, empathize with the downside of having the family there thru so much of this. We do feel differently doing it all the second time around. Plus, when they're little you can roll up some bologna w/cheese, or pour them a bowl of cereal when life gets busy and you can't do better. Not so much when they're adults.

Jaz---Sounds like you have had a very cozy weekend doing exactly what you feel like doing and no more. You need that replenishment big time right now. Rest and small pleasures are our silver lining right now.

Y'know, I think about what it would be like right now if you had gotten one of those traveling nurse jobs that went to someone else, and I shudder. You would be in the same shoes you are now, without your own little dollhouse, or the neighbor who mowed your lawn, and who you can sit at the end of the drive way and chat from feet away with. You'd be in a new place w/out the comfort or opportunity to make new friends. Wheeeeeeeeeew! What a lucky disappointment. That's what I'm thinkin'!

Lori---Your DD just didn't show up for Easter dinner. LOL/Grrrrrrrrrr. I'd never do it again either. Betcha she still feels guilty about. Perfect.

Glad you were able to gift Betty with a nice Easter dinner, complete w/company. I'm sure her appreciation knows no bounds. She is in the twilight of her life, and to have you and hubby be there to SILL add on another good memory, another time w/those she loves---oh man, just got myself good and teary eyed.

Trig---Ha! Love the idea of you having a new "sculpture" in your front yard! This will surprise you, but I used to love walking bout all the big farm machinery stuff at our state fair---and if they'd let you---climbing up to the driver's seat. Man, that is a lot of power up there above all those nuts and bolts and levers and buttons!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we had our usual April snow storm---seems we always get one, and then of course they melt away w/in a day or two. And actually, I loved it. It was a substantial storm, the kind w/great big snow flakes that whirl around and around in the air. It made for the kind of day that you WANTED to be home. The view out our windows was just beautiful and I felt cozy and happy---no desire to go anywhere for once.

Chatted a bunch w/some pals on the phone, started my new book, and now we're getting ready to eat. Easter pizza! Haha. Hubby doctored up some cheap frozen pizzas and they look delish, so off I go to enjoy. Then we'll watch "Knives Out". Really looking forward to that, have heard many good things about it.
  #709   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 03:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....anxious for your check in after seeing the horrible storms passing over your area last night/this morning. I cannot imagine going thru something like that. I freak out when it's just a severe T-storm!

I hope things start to improve at the hospital this week.

Blue....yeah, the daughter no show was YEARS ago when she was a young mother with an active toddler. If I remember correctly, she didn't miss a dinner, it was just a "we'll stop by in the afternoon" type thing and I sat here all day waiting instead of being on the golf course. Nope.....that never happened again.

Love the sound of Easter pizza while being cozy inside watching the snow swirl outside!

Nic & Trig .........hope you had great days!

-------

I had a shock this morning when I stepped on the scale....up over 2.5 lbs????? I actually thought I did ok yesterday.....higher carb, but not a lot of volume, but WOW! I think it's a combo of the carbs and inflammation from my 3.5 mile run/walk as my thigh muscles are feeling a bit tight. Oh well, nothing to do but keep a lid on it today and drink lots of water. I'm making a steak recipe tonight from my Marley's Spoon box. I forget the details...I have to read the recipe and see what I'm in for.

A rainy day today, but I'm looking forward to staying in. I think I'll hit the grocery store tomorrow morning early for my weekly shop. Starting today they're limiting how many people can be in the store at one time and have made all the aisles one-way. That will be difficult as I always seem to have to back track for something I've forgotten. Just another new thing to get used to.

Our son is bored out of his mind and keeps looking at Key West resorts and dreaming. I sure hope we'll be able to travel someday, but I think it will be a long time before any sense of normalcy can resume.

Ok.....first cup of coffee down..now to drink a bottle of water. I'll be floating today as I try to flush out this bloat!

Later!
  #710   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 03:59

BF:

Oh what a night that didn't include sleep. My phone started blowing up about 2 with tornado warnings. Then I am on the "list for the hospital too- they got a tornado too! NO SLEEP- I crawled back into bed at 4- alarm went off at 5. OMG- just get me through this day!

There was a lot of damage in Mississippi, and Alabama, and Ga. I haven't heard what that looks like here. I know there are power outages all over the state.

I have to be there early today. Means I have to leave here about 645.URghhhhhhhhhhhhh-

Blue- You are so right, if I had been traveling right now it would now be good in this time. It almost happened too. I had housing set up and everything. I am glad to be home at this time.

How was your movie? I know NIC saw it too. I can't remember if she liked it or not. Yum on the Easter pizza.
How is your writing coming along?
SNOW are you kidding????- no thanks. Although I could go fo a snow day about now!

Lori-- sounds like your day yesterday was perfect. Nothing wrong with a nap either!!!! The older I get the more I love them! HAHAHA. So nice you had a nice time with Betty! The dinner sounded like a hit!
Where did you order from? Everything was closed here. I mean everything except gas stations.
Glad sis is hanging in!

NIC- how was your weekend? See above post to you!

Trig- did you get the storms we got? rough!!!- Hope all is well there!
-----------------------------------------------------
Now the storms are gone we have the gusting winds. Now supposed to stay dry now for the next week.

Made up a batch of crack slaw, and some salmon. I should be good through Wed.

Oh just to get through this day. I do not function without sleep.
Back later after work- NEED some extra coffee.

Have a good one ladies!

EDIT- CROSS POSTED LORI- see above- it was bad. thankfully the only thing I lost was sleep. I am cranky though. But safe!
  #711   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 08:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori the carbs hold the water so being up ain't deadly but it shows how those carbs just lock in the water retention and hold it on ya Glad you guys had a good Easter.

Jaz, yea we got monster storms last night with tornado warnings etc. The rain was wow and the wind was intense. house shook....loved it LOL I am a big storm person, only bad thing it was at night so I couldn't see it all. Good amt of lightening too. We did ok thru it all tho.

Wind today is insanity here but sun so that is good.

Kid came out and said tornado warnings are all out there and I said forget it. We will handle it if something happens but luckily nothing went down around here.

Nicco, your boy dropped an album? WOW I never knew anyone who did that...very cool! Hope you are doing fine.

Blue, hi. I read up on your posts and glad you are staying busy and doing your thing.

Hey all
sorry I am off...sinus. omg 3 days of clogged to the max. pollen up my nose, low pressure storms nailing me big time and I am drugged out, in la la land for sure but just functioning.

Easter was great. Did mostly nothing LOL

Hubby to go to work for his check today and maybe drive a vehicle somewhere. Not sure, up in air on that but at the same time he has to hit the tractor place for a new starter unit for the backhoe.

He chatted with our neighbor and they were laughing about the backhoe being the new lawn ornament and Mica said, hey you got 2 buckets on that thing, just make them into flower beds. HA yes like some have toilets on their lawn with flowers, or wheelbarrows etc....I could use our backhoe as a flower pot Not. HA

I will hit grocery store. Saw some closings like Smithfield bacon and other places so I thought I would go hoard a few more packages for just in case. Hope a truck came in and I can get some If not I can live without it. No biggie. My meat/seafood holds me but I know I love bacon when I want it HA

Scale holding my low. I did jump on some junky eating the other day, handful of MMs and some chips kid was eating but I pulled myself to a stop before I hit onto the ice cream. Oh yea her and hubby were eating and I thought screw it and then I thought, no I ain't gonna say screw it. I ate some crap....done. No more. I was one step from having a full on hog wilder day but then I thought I can't go back there. I just can't. So I pulled up my big girl panties and said NO. Of course I had I want to eat more crap on the brain syndrome happening, HA, and I ate 1/2 pack of bacon instead. Bacon is my go to when I want crap so hopefully I can freeze up a few more packages of it.

other than that all good
just in la la land a bit, doing our thing here, all is fine and hope you guys are doing great also.
  #712   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 10:37

BF:

did great at the store.

got all my bacon I wanted for the freezer and --- ooohhh at the store I hit Australian beef tenderloin on sale for $7.99 whole. Pricey for a big chunk but I cut it up and got 9 packs of a pack a meal...turns out to be $6.68 per meal bag I made from the whole tenderloin. Under 7 for tenderloin and I eat so well, so heck yea, it best be great LOL ---AND IT CUT like butter literally and I hunked my steaks out so easily----so gonna try it cause my meat guy said it is Aussie and he has a friend that loves it and he said try one and I will.....if I love it I will go back before Tues when the sale ends and get another and maybe another?

hey a girl has to do what a girl has to do ya know HA
  #713   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 11:11

BF:

omg so hubby is in Walmart shopping and has called me 3 times so far on 'do we need this'....'do we need that'.....I am about to go bonkers. Obvy his job didn't send him to work ugh.....so now he is out spending money and I said pull back, pull back and don't spend a fortune on crap LOL HELP someone, Help me control the hubby out in a store HAHA
  #714   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 14:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
did great at the store.

got all my bacon I wanted for the freezer and --- ooohhh at the store I hit Australian beef tenderloin on sale for $7.99 whole. Pricey for a big chunk but I cut it up and got 9 packs of a pack a meal...turns out to be $6.68 per meal bag I made from the whole tenderloin. Under 7 for tenderloin and I eat so well, so heck yea, it best be great LOL ---AND IT CUT like butter literally and I hunked my steaks out so easily----so gonna try it cause my meat guy said it is Aussie and he has a friend that loves it and he said try one and I will.....if I love it I will go back before Tues when the sale ends and get another and maybe another?

hey a girl has to do what a girl has to do ya know HA

OMG.....I need to find that tenderloin! That is right up my alley! Lucky girl to find that deal. Hope it's delish!
  #715   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 16:15

BF:

Home- butt dragging home. Eating my crack slaw, in jammies, and having my 1 glass of wine- I might top it off! HAHAHA- OMG.
I know I know- some people think red dry wine makes for weight gain. I lost all my weight and still enjoyed.

I actually cut back to next to nothing about a month back before this C-19 hit just to see if it made a difference on the scale. Nope- made no difference. I do enjoy it after work (much deserved) after a long day. It helps me not go to the ledge. If it ever got out of hand- it will cease. Not there..........

So anyway........ Carried a full load and had my preceptor sit and be quiet. The unit was full and it seemed everyone discharging went home on infusions, home care and oxygen. I had to check myself, and triple check myself to make sure everyone had what they needed, the families were informed and all my orders were dotted and crossed! It takes many many steps to get a simple order for home care.

It is the software that really sux here. So many steps and paper work for a simple order! Don't get me started about the charting!!!!!

I was tired, with a headache and plunged through. My co-workers were tired, and had headaches. None of us got rest due to weather last night. We were polite and got through without ripping off each others head.

Take in mind my "office" is a closet with 3 people in it. I literally bump my desk up against another person. Then we are all talking on the phone, doctors and staff nurses are using our office as a sounding boards- it is tiny cramped and LOUD.
I stated I was going for a "smoke" break about 3 pm. That brought laughter. The gal that trained before me- took the job. She was 3 weeks in and gathered her purse at noon and stated she was going for a smoke break and never came back.
So I joking said - If I say I am going for a smoke break ya''ll are in trouble.

My preceptor wanted to step in at that point and I told her no. I need to hold my own. She told me at the end of the day she was proud of me. I like her, I REALLY do...... but she is a helper. I need her to be a watcher.
I won't have her in two weeks . I need a solid foundation. It isn't what to do. It's the f'n software where to find stuff and the little stuff that is a time sucker.

Enough about work- done with rant. Good news- nobody died of C-19 today.

Hummmmmmm in other news DD is recovered and feels good.

I have clean and soft sheets for bed tonight and can't wait to crawl in.
I was 100% on WOE today- just today. Just today. I can't focus on anything else. One day at a time.

I am home- tucked in. Yesterday I was sorta lonely being by myself on a holiday. Today- I want nobody calling me, seeing me, and want silence.
See why I am single!!!!!

Perfect husband will live in a separate wing of the home. Home must be 5000 SQ FT or bigger!!!!!! Only come when called! HA

Personals in AM

TRIG
- Awesome score on the tenderloin!!!!!!!!!! SO JELLY!!!!!

Lori- omg key west sounds so wonderful about now doesn't it!!!!!!!!! DREAMING!!!!!!!!

Have a lovely evening

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Apr-13-20 at 16:24.
  #716   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 18:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trig---Interesting on the Australian tenderloin---have never had it or even heard of it. But hey, for that price per meal, and if you like it, it's a great deal. Glad you got your bacon. I'm an on and off bacon person, but when I want it, I want it!

Lori---That is a new one on me---one way grocery aisles. However, I would think it could cause a build up at the ends of the aisles? SIGH---folks trying everything to make grocery shopping easier. Here many stores are limiting how many can be in the store at one time, and plexiglass shields seem to be going up in many places, at the deli, the meat counter and the check out. Y'know, it probably should stay that way. Thank God most winter flus are nothing like this one but seems to me we an learn from this regarding those workers who face the public all day long.

I know 2.5 pounds can seem like a lot, particularly when you're doing a lot of exercising. But I think you're right regarding water retention from a hard work out. Certainly couldn't be the carbs right?! Seriously though, when I used to work out if I over did it a 2 to 3 lb gain was not uncommon. Gone in a day or so.

Jaz---I know I should not be shocked, but I can't believe they have three of you squeezed into a closet office w/all kinds of people dropping in and out!!! I mean, really?!?!? Hard to believe the administration can't find a better solution in terms of office space. Bad enough to not have adequate PG but then to just blatantly ignore all social distancing for staff on top of it is just....words fail me.

On the positive side, it seems you are gaining confidence from your trainers. I know what you mean when someone is always jumping into help. Ok at the very first, but then you just have to give a gal a second to do it herself.

Love that you came home tonight to soft fresh sheets, and hopefully, a full and replenishing night of sleep.

Nic--- How was your family Easter?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Lord love a duck, I have GOT to start making my own energy, be my own windmill, LOL. Period. That's what I need to do most right now. Humbled by how much I depended on the rest of the world to fuel me---I would go out and breathe in the world and that would stimulate me to do my thing.

I thought I was a naturally productive person, but turns out you isolate me for a month from the rest of the world, and I turn into a slug. So, I need to freaking STEP IT UP. In my attitude and my actions. We are blessed so far with our health, and a lovely place to sit this out.

And I think I better get a grip on this, because it's not going to be over soon, and I need to find more joy and less worry and sadness, and I need to do it under present circumstances. Because I don't care who's "opening up" where or when, I'm listening to the doctors and the scientists, and I think we have a long road to hoe yet.

But y'know, others before us have been thru years of fear and worry, under circumstances A LOT less comfortable than mine right now, and as a history major and former history teacher, I try every day to keep this in mind.

LOL, saw a great cartoon today entitled "Life in a terrarium." It was fun, things were going on all over this huge glass container. And it made me think how much CAN go on here every day, if I set my mind to it. And it's time I do.

Thanx for listening gals, so good for me to type that out.
  #717   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-20, 19:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Checking in here and will write more tomorrow. All is well. One tornado warning around noon but otherwise just a lot of rain. Not too bad wind wise either.

Personals and catch up tomorrow AM!
  #718   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 03:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Short on sleep this morning. I had a low calorie day yesterday and that sometimes effects my sleep. I tossed and turned for hours trying to get to sleep and then woke up early. I want to head to the grocery store by 6:30....get ahead of the masses and get it over with, complete with my mask. I went on Etsy last night and ordered some masks since I think we'll be wearing them for some time to come. I even got a leopard one.....woohoo...I'll be stylin'!!

Scale has come back down.....now to drop a few more. I know eating carbs and junk is no good for my immune system....I need to think of it that way instead of just about the number on the scale.

DH is doing so well going thru his office and getting rid of "stuff". I need to follow his lead and get going on my bathroom cabinet. I tell myself to do it every day and somehow it never gets done. Maybe today will be the day? Yeah right. Seems unlikely. If I get a burst of energy today, it will be used to go for a run.

Blue.....you just pop in here any old time.....we all need a place to vent and just talk things out. I sure hope we'll be able to meet up as we planned next Spring.....who knows what will be till then?

Jaz....how disappointing that the software you have to use is less than ideal. Makes your difficult job even more tedious. Crammed into a small office with people popping in all the time? That has to be scream inducing especially when you're trying to learn and concentrate on all the details. Hope things improve once this pandemic is over.

Nic.....see you tomorrow!

Trig....did you try the Aussie tenderloin? I have never heard of it either and I'm curious. I made a couple little sirloin steaks last night...not very good. I think I over cooked them, as usual. Tonight DH is getting leftovers and I'll probably eat eggs or something easy.

Well, just about finished with my coffee and ready to head to the grocery store. I never liked going to the store, but now I really DON'T like it. I have to get quite a bit of stuff since I'm shopping for Betty too. Won't be as quick a trip as I'd like today, but I'll get thru it.

Have good days!
  #719   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 04:35

BF:

Good Morning! IS IT FRIDAY YET???!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Blue- I know you are a smart lady! You are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. True extroverts gain energy through the world and people. You thrive on the positive energy of others. It is truly who you are.
Then it's taken away and boom. I have read many personality tests and articles on this subject.

I am a true introvert. I can be super social and the lively and the star of the party. But it DRAINS ME. At the end of the day I recharge by being quiet and having my own space.

You can go to the same party, do the same activity and come home excited and recharged and full of energy. It's who we are. I am good with it.
I think when you know from where you get your energy you can adjust. So being as we are all "distancing" can make us more alone than ever. I am just thankful we do have means of connecting. I think your Zoom parties are fabulous! I still think we should set something up for us!!!!!

Be gentle on yourself- I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I do worry though when we are "open" again for business all those that have sheltered and have not been sick will be exposed again. I wonder how that is going to be handled.
I hope we don't have a rebound!

On the other hand you do what you can do. I am hopeful that as the weather warms up this thing dies out. Also being outside helps alot. I was wondering if you could sit outside pool side with your neighbor friends in the lounge chairs? I would so do that.
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Lori- I know you are up and doing your thing! I agree with Blue- your less than 3 pounds will be gone in a day. Water weight!!!
I am happy you are still getting out and pounding the pavement!
Are you going to look into golf this year? This virus is not going to last forever!
I do see people on our golf course here STILL!!!! They are outside walking and keeping distance. I was wondering about that! I know you love that game! I would hate to see you give that up!

Trig- still thinking about your tenderloin. Is it a special type of cow? I have never heard of Australian beef? Hummmmmm- I love the price and of course pure steak like that is my fav!
SCORE!!!!

NIC- I am surprised you had a tornado warning. Usually the storms drain out of that energy by the time it hits your area! Wind though that is a different story. That is one thing I remember the most about DE- the WIND!!!!
Hope you are well. Post soon!
BTW- Anyway we can hear that album from your DS18? I would love to hear it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of intro/extroverts. I could seriously crawl back into bed and pull up the covers. I am not "feeling it" today. I did get some sleep though.

I am really not enjoying this job. I don't know if it's the actual job itself- or the environment. What is weird is I really enjoy my co-workers. Everyone is so nice and it is a controlled chaos. So it is enough to totally keep my jumping and going at warp speed.
I know I am so OVER the word COVID it makes my head spin.
My face is breaking out from wearing a mask most of the day.

Although when I am in the office we all take them off. OH YEA BLUE....... Our desks actually TOUCH!!!! No distancing here! NONE. If one of us get it...... it's over, even a cold. I guess they have already complained to deaf ears.
Management is management no matter where you go! It's all the same and I am glad I am out of that!!!!!

But I will be honest....... I am not digging this position. It is not a good fit. I will give it a few months to settle in and see. I guess being happy and fulfilled is not in the equation right now. I just need to get some $$$$ behind me.
There are plenty of people in jobs that they don't like to keep the lights on. That is all I am doing right now. Keeping my lights on and trying to make the best of it.

Ok- speaking of work....... I gotta scoot.
  #720   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-20, 04:36

BF:

YUP- THERE YOU ARE LORI!!!!!!!