Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#571   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 17:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Jaz- Glad your son is doing better. Also SUPER glad that you had time with the Littles today. That makes me very happy for you. They are just the cutest. Looking forward to hearing what they said and did!

You know, the kids brought no gaming systems. I was surprised. They chose to go old school with Yahtzee, Jenga, Trouble, Bananagrams, cards and the like. DS21 likes to play some Xbox and DS18 isn't much of a gamer.

Trig- Good thing you made it to the mall bc I expect those will be shutting down in your area shortly. No such options here but I'd not likely go anyhow.

Sorry your leg is still giving you a hard time. I hope the discomfort fades soon!

Will be interested to hear how your kid likes online school. My kid is hating it. It's his senior year so as long as he doesn't F it up too much I am just going to look away at this point. His class is being screwed 8 ways from Sunday with all this. I mean, I know that sounds incredibly shallow and whiney, obviously horrible things are happening and this is small potatoes, but you know, to him it matters...

Glad you got the computer worked out with your Bro for your DD. She will be thrilled I'm sure!

Just be careful being out and about. With such limited testing, there is no way to know how many people have the virus at any given point. You don't want to be exposed, not realize it, and then expose your Mom somehow. I know you know, just saying!

Blue- I know exactly what you mean, that it is hard to read right now. I have felt that off and on.. not so much right now but in other times of worry for sure. I will be steering myself firmly toward light reading, mindless stuff. I don't have a lot of room for heavy or drama right now!

Lori- Thanks for the info on Grove Collab. We have a Sprouts not far from us that has some similar type stuff. I hear they are well stocked with fruit and produce and such because people aren't remembering them as much as the big hitters.

Definitely tugged my heart to read your thoughts about the couple walking. Times like these really bring those questions to mind. Hugs to you.

•••••••••••

Checking in before heading home tomorrow. It has been absolutely wonderful here. I got out and put on the miles every day pretty much. Thursday a 5 mile (2.5 up and back) hike that was pretty much uphill (and then of course back down), Friday a lake loop that I did twice and then today to the Falls (see pic.) I had alone hiking time and family hiking time. Just sheer perfection. We all took turns with dinners.. DD and SoIL cooked two, I cooked one, DS21 and his GF cooked one. Different people did things for breakfasts and shared etc. Games were played, shots were taken, movies were watched. Just good stuff. I am so grateful we had the time together and I will miss this place!

Looooong drive day tomorrow. No one enjoys that kind of time in the car really but it's a necessary price to pay.
Sponsored Links
  #572   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 18:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Just putting my little old (.) down for tonight. I've had this stomach bug going on, no not the big V, but draining nevertheless. Not sure if it's a bug or an emotional reaction to everything going on. In any case, it's much better today.

Today I spent much time checking in on loved ones on the phone. It was great, but of course all anyone can talk about is the virus, because so many other layers of our lives have been peeled away.

Anyway, I'm just kind of pooped out from it all, literally and figuratively, LOL. Hope to be back tomorrow w/personals and more energy. Reading along and as always, SO VERY GRATEFUL for all of you on a normal day-- these days, more so than ever.
XO
  #573   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 04:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, safe trip home
Sounds like you had a great trip and your hiking time is impressive you lucky dog you!! I so want to hike but limited legs and lower back I just can't go there. Heck I barely made it thru the stores we shopped yesterday, by the time I got home all I could do was hit the bed and stretch out. That made me realize a mountain trial hike would kill me LOL not yet for me but loving your getting your hikes in!!

Kid starts online on Monday. teachers will send their 'to do' work assignments etc. She is all logged in to get started. I am sure she isn't gonna like it HAHA How dare someone infringe on her down time at home and being on her phone non-stop!

Like you I am going to look the other way on it. Try to make sure she gets work done etc but ain't going overboard on it all. It is what it is

Blue, hope you feel better soon. Yea there is the usual crud colds going around out there. For me allergy time is kicking in....my car is totally yellow. My back porch after the rain had rivers of yellow on it....yes I brought out the big gun allergy meds for me Feel better fast!! Sip on some broth etc. to make you feel better!

Hey Lori and Jaz, beat ya posting.

hey all
today is kinda gonna be boring, got big rain coming in tonight and next few days but then it clears.

Looks like a big GO for my beach trip Wed-Sun is decent sun/cloud weather at the beach. Luckily the indoor pool is open also so me and kid will be swimming for sure. Not booking until Monday to be sure the week of weather is better forecasted tho. Fingers crossed to get away.

Kid and I going out to Sallys Hair and getting color. She wants very dark brown on one side...teal on the other. omg, who knows what it will look like but she said she don't care, she just wants to color it today. So store opens at 11 and will go out and get the color and come home and play beauty salon LOL

I just can't walk too long. I got a limited window of walking before I start to ache up too bad so watching how much I do. Bit better but not great.

So today is hair day and little of this and that. Gonna make kid clean her bathroom later. Time to put the kid to work a bit!!

over and out, ya'll be good
  #574   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 06:28

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I got up at 5, as usual, but thought I'd wait and let someone else post first. I have already been to the laundromat to do some laundry for Betty. I got it washed and put it in the dryer and DH will go get it in about an hour and take it to Betty. You may be wondering why I don't just wash her few items in my washer(mostly robes & sweaters). The truth is, she is totally incontinent and her laundry smells so bad that I just cannot put it in my washer/dryer. I did it once and thought I had ruined my machine. I had to run all kinds of bleach and cleaners thru to get rid of the smell. It is what it is. Our local laundromat is sparkling clean with new machines and there was not a soul around at 7AM when I got there. It is near the college campus and is used mostly by students. They are, of course, gone, so no one anywhere around.

Not planning on doing much today. I may get out for a walk this afternoon when it warms up to the 40's. Snow coming tonight......ugh.

I'm still struggling with my eating. Too many episodes of saying "The he!! with it!" I'm about 1.5 lbs over my safety weight, but can't seem to stay strong enough to get it to start going down. I think I just need to allow myself to eat any LC food that I want. Starving/fasting is not an option at this point. I just need to stay out of the ice cream and other crap. I'm trying to get thru this morning with just a bit of cream in my coffee.

Trig.....have fun coloring DD's hair today! I'm going to have some serious gray roots by the time we can get back to salons.

I hope you have a nice beach trip. I hope this virus doesn't start to impact your state like it is here. We are to stay at home as much as possible. We can go to the grocery store or drug store, but nothing else is open.

Jaz....hope you have a relaxing day today after your trip to see the grandkids. I'm sure your DD was so grateful for the supplies etc that you took to her.

Blue....sorry you have been feeling "punk". My stomach has been unsettled for over a week. When I'm anxious/nervous, my belly gets "wonky". Take care.

Nic....will be glad to know that you are home and off the highway. I know you have/had a long day of travel. Lots of great memories made for you and your kids this past week.

Nothing else going on here. I'll watch some videos, maybe do some reading. Be well everyone.
  #575   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 07:37

BF:

yea Lori our state is not like others and I am taking advantage of it as I can cause I know we are due to go down also
but taking precautions as needed, I ain't just willy nilly out there LOL

yea I get ya on laundromat. My mom had to 'upgrade' to Poise vs. regular old pads cause she leaks all day. She uses regular old pads thru the day but at night she was leaking thru and even with pads she puts under the sheet etc. it wasn't enough so she is now 'onto the big gal max' suck it up liquid ones and she hates paying that price but I said, damn mom do what ya gotta and they are working very well for her. She said night and day on absorbency......geez who knew right what crap goes down as one gets into that way older stage? Now I know LOL

life huh as it gets on in time.

hey you got any tapes to do inside...….a yoga tape which might suit you?
I got all these free exercise tapes on my tv. I like them but don't use them but checked them out. Some might become something I gear toward if the crap goes down here like you guys are handling right now.
  #576   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 11:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Morning Ladies!!!!!!

Oh NIC What a BEAUTIFUL day you had yesterday, before you hit the road this morning. You are most likely on the road already! Yes You have a huge drive in front of you. I did your drive and it is a LONG one!
I am so glad that the last couple days you were able to get out and "put miles" on those feet!!!!- Yesterday it was down right HOT!!!.

If you are taking 85 up and over - you will sail right through. There was NOBODY on the highway. The thing is that until you hit DC you should be golden and wide open road. Long yes- not the worst as far as traffic.

So what is next for you and the family? How awesome you had the time and space to get out and have a change of safe scenery!!!!
Safe travels and yes please do check in and let us know you are safe!

Lori- I am feeling bad your weather sucks. It has vacillated here between warm and wet. Although yesterday the great bright orb in the sky appeared!
You know it's something..... I have pondered that couple you saw walking hand in hands well.
You don't know them, their story, anything about them. But they left an impression on you and then your story left an impression on me.
So awesome you were able to see it.
An older couple who has gone through who knows in their lifetime. Certainly joy, and loss. You don't get to be that age without it.
But when uncertainty hits - they they were hand in hand! What a blessing. We should all be so lucky! What a time to be single...................

Sorry your tummy is wonky. When I am under severe stress I hav tummy issues and IBS and hives. I so get what you are saying. You are normal!!!!!- One day at a time.
Cool though that you are actually doing your podcast (thanks for sharing) and You tube work outs! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!! That my friend is SELF CARE!

BLUE- I am sorry you are also having tummy trouble. I would tend to wonder if it isn't a stomach bug but stress. I dunno you might have picked up a bug- but you are not going anywhere. Although you did meet with a few people last week. At any rate I sure hope you feel better as you can at this time!

Again I am keeping your son in my thoughts and hope he is coping the best he can. The silver lining on all of this is that that our kids (mine included) that generation will come out stronger at some point. They will say if I got through that- they are stronger moving forward! But in the meantime it is scary as hell I know! Hang in there momma bear and keep calling him and being an ear!

I say you are getting kicked with cool weather too. Maybe you should bundle up and at least get a bit of fresh air when you are feeling better!
XOXO- Write when you feel inspired and rest when you don't. This is a time to rest.

TRIG- I feel you you!!!! Pain does take one out fast! I am glad you were able to pick up some clothes but am concerned about you and the family being out and about.......

That all being said- I have heard that the home schooling is not working well with the kids everywhere. I really feel for kids like NIC's Who are losing their senior year is something they will always remember. I am hopeful that your kiddo will be able to get back to school next year.
They are considering long schools though the end of the years and calling it a day and cut the loses that way. That is why they are doing SAT's this year.

So with your back- is there anything that makes you feel better?!? Goodness!!!!!! Maybe when it warms up your pool with be the answer for you. The Pork Chop can prep it and get it up and running for you after all this pollen drops and you can enjoy some swim time in your back yard!

How is Barbs mom? I know you and she are very concerned. Fingers crossed!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all,
So I promise to not fill this space with C-19 and my concern and lack of MASKS!!!!!!- HAHAHAHAHAHAH- Ok done.

I do think though we all have to accept this is not business as usual and we are going to have to adapt to a new normal and we will. We as humans are adaptable. This is not just an urban, or elderly issue- it is a EVERYBODY responsibility.

That being said both my kids, mom, and neighbor and I have agreed that once I enter the hospital system I will "self quarantine" from most people. I will assume that I will be exposed on some level (NO MASK) - and will not spread to anyone.
I do take civic responsibility seriously and want my family and those around me safe.

After next week I have a plan in place. I will be doing "pick up" only at grocery's no going in.
Delivery from Amazon for everything else. I truly will be going to work and then back home and will pray for the best as I step up and do my part and work in a hospital.
I just can't fathom what this going to look like for me. I will keep you posted.

I was supposed to meet a friend for a walk today and we both said no. She is a nurse as well. My girls monthly girls night in we cancelled that as well. Even though it is just the 3 of us- not responsible as we are all nurses, we need to assume everyone we come into contact with might be sick.

ON a LIGHTER NOTE:
So yesterday- I was going to meet the kids at an outdoor park. They too have been self quarantined due to the babe and her lungs.
But the park was closed so I ended up going to their house.

So since I was there- My DD ask if she and her hubby could talk a 2 hour walk ALONE! - So of course I said yes.

So the babe is 2 and is just OMG the sweetest thing on 2 legs. The 4 yearly is a super smart with a chatter that never closes. The dog figured he wanted in on the attention and kept dropping his ball in my lap! I was on the floor playing.

Well the world ended when the princess lost her "babydoll". She has a tiny "baby" with a bottle she carries around for comfort. Well she put it down and then couldn't find it. So now she is crying and sobbing loudly for BABY BABY BABY GONE..... Add a 2 year old whimpering in a sweetest ever - BABBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYY. Meanwhile the 4 year is trying to have a solid conversation and I tried to do the "yup....."- No he got up in my face for response to his endless questions. Meanwhile, dog is still wanting....BALL BALL BALL........... No wonder my poor daughter wanted out for just 2 hours. I was WHIPPED when I left.

Thankfully we found BABY, dog got played with and 4 year had undivided attention from his GIGI.
All this= priceless, normal life, and through the eyes of a child.
I just love to watch them as they discover the world around them. The endless questions from the 4 year, some were hilarious.

Her G-tube is out and she was eating cheese by the handful! (lucky girl can eat cheese)

So I am back on plan and can't just say f'it and start packing on the pound at the weight I am. I can't get into my shorts I wore just last year. WTF???????-
Tossing the WOE out the window because I am stressed will cause additional stress and is not good self care.
I need to be strong, and do the best for me regarding if the world is burning down around me at my feet.

I am feeling incredibly isolated at this point- as well I should be. But I am not going to lie, a partner at this point would be ever so helpful.
I will get out and about if you call a cardiac ward out and about and then straight home.

Today- I am making a turkey burger and coleslaw and also steaming some peel and eat shrimp as a "treat". I picked up four 1 pound bags in my shop spree.
I might do one "last" in person shop on Friday before I start work.

I am thawing some chicken thighs for tomorrow, and ribs for later in the week. That should hold me in good WOE form.

POSITIVE Thought- - Today is what I will make of it. (I just love I had that - I took it to heart)
Today I will make it gentle to myself, enjoy my pooch, get back on my woe and get in a walk.
I will make my day positive in that I will turn on some positive fun music and turn off the news for awhile.
I will make it about putting on a fire and maybe opening a good book.

What will you CHOOSE to MAKE TODAY? -

Safe Travels NIC!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Mar-22-20 at 11:31.
  #577   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 12:42

BF:

Got my walk in- 3 load of laundry spinning, Turkey and shrimp thawing.

Found a 1.5 foot dead copperhead at the end of my driveway I had to toss with shovel over the fence to the pond. I just hate living next to a retention pond. The snakes are frightening, that is why I do not cut my yard, besides I don't like mowing!!!!! -
HAHAHA

Rain has now started and it's heavy. Put on fireplace and going to crack a new book before I need to fold clothes. Dogger sleeping beside me.
Feeling good. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other. That is all we can do. Sometimes that is truly enough.
  #578   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 17:53

BF:

Putting a dot down to say we are home and I will check in tomorrow. N'Easter coming through with heavy rain tomorrow so I will be in anyhow!
  #579   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 18:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---I just loved your post, and it occurred to me today that I can't believe I haven't told you before that you are a VERY lively and fun writer. A good writer. You can sketch out a scene in nothing flat---as in the one you did here w/baby girl losing her dolly and older brother not giving up his moment in the sun for that. You also put so much of your heart into your posts that it just pinches my heart. I think you have a lot of talent in this area.

Trig---Yes, I'm pretty sure a shut down is coming your way. Looked at NC's stats on the virus and y'all are just a bit behind we here in Minnesota. We are not on total lock down, but heading that way fast, more so than NC right now by your description.

Still, I had to smile about you going to Sally's. The one here rarely has more than a customer or two there and enough room to maintain social distance---isn't it amazing how all of a sudden that phrase, which pretty much none of us have ever uttered before is now like "hello?!" (Still, there's always the person/people working the store, and those who were there before you, touching this and that. So hoping you have a nice traveling bottle of hand sanitizer you are using wisely.)

I AM smiling wondering if the kiddo is now half teal and half dark brown. Y'know, like you, I only had time for one kid. And I had a boy, and of course, love the dickens out of him and would never change that. But I do so enjoy your stories about raising a girl. I would have liked that a lot, and too.

Lori---I am just so impressed by what you and the hubby do for Aunt Betty. The description of you up early and in a laundromat for good reason, to get the job done just reminds me of the kindness and giving human beings are capable of, and if anything will get us thru this thing, it is that. It REALLY is that, imo---a shared knowledge that we must protect and care for our families and our communities if we are the best part of being human. And right now, doing so is taking a big slice out of all of us, but it is so imperative, or what else matters?

Nic---Thinking as I write you are probably home and I hope cozy. I'm wondering how it feels to leave your "shangri-la" of the last week? Does it feel good to be home and yet hard to be back too? I'm sure you were real glad to see your hubby and he to see you. Must have been hard for him to stay behind and tend the professional fires.

I have been reading some interesting books, and getting better at focusing on them after this last dizzying couple of weeks. I will not go on about it here, but will e-mail you some "booky love" stuff when I catch my breath. Isn't it funny how with less to do than ever before, we can still be so overwhelmed?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gals, I had a good day in our "new normal." I felt much better, no more "stomach stuff"---euphemism for you know what. Don't know if it was emotional or a bug, doesn't matter.

I am trying to reach out to family and friends, but find I can only do a couple of these a day, as they are all consuming, in a good way, but also a tiring way. I also came alive today w/a need to clean, so did some of that---most importantly, fresh sheets for hubby and I. It is now more than ever, the little things. I am also trying to stay true to a writing schedule, so I'm happy to report I wrote an entire chapter today, and look forward to discussing it w/my co-author tomorrow. I also look forward to pursuing my art projects.

So, the thing is, I'm slowly making my way to a daily schedule. And it's so weird how when released from so many other things, now that I'm less in shock, I STILL find so much I want to do every day. That is such a blessing.

It has been so dang March blustery here. The temp is not that bad, but the March wind is slicing in that way northerners understand can go right to your bones. I tried to walk yesterday, but returned quickly. It was not refreshing, it did not feel good. It felt chilling and cold. I don't need that.

I like all of us am learning to navigate this new world. It really takes awhile and I know I'm just on the beginning path. But today I felt positive, like I can figure this out and carry on. It was the first day, honestly, that I've felt that way in awhile. And the thing is, I know I'm SO NOT ALONE. We are all struggling, trying to figure it out, and making tough decisions.

So let's all be patient w/each other as we come to terms. And for me right now, part of that is that while I understand we are all here because of our woes, right now that is simply not my concern. Hope y'all don't mind and understand.

Which is not to say I don't think about it, or I've let it all go, or am looking for excuses or any of the harsh things we sometimes say to ourselves.

Just that for me right now, while I ABSOLUTELY have an eye towards eating mostly well, meaning not junking out, I also am not willing to go to the grocery store as often as it takes to stay stocked up on LC stuff I like w/a small refrigerator/freezer in a pandemic.

So, I am thinking to myself, eat healthy girl, don't eat too much, have a treat now and then. Comfort food is not a betrayal of ourselves now and then in the best of times, let alone these times.

And IF I see myself balloon up under this philosophy then I'll be right back here screaming meeemeeees. Because even in a pandemic, I don't like the feeling of not eating well, LC or else wise. And I will not like the feeling of constant bloating or adding on pounds anymore now, then I did pre-pandemic.

Sill, I figure if I get out of this thing about where I'm at right now, I'll be thrilled. This is simply NOT a time when my thoughts turn to losing weight, but they are certainly tuned into NOT gaining weight. I seem to have a spectrum here that works for me. We'll see.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Mar-22-20 at 18:38.
  #580   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-20, 03:44

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic.....thanks for putting the "dot" down so we know you are home safely. I'm sure you were exhausted after that trip.

Blue.....so glad you're feeling better and were up and at 'em yesterday. I'm SO with you on my attitude about my eating during these times. I don't want want to gain, of course, but I simply cannot obsess about it. We all have way too much to obsess about these days.

Trig...was the "dye job" a success? Give us an update! I was supposed to get a pink tint on the front of my hair the next time I went to the salon, but who knows when I'll even get there?

Hope your pretzel back has improved too.

Jaz....I loved your story about your time with the kids. Poor little losing her dolly! That is traumatic for sure. Thank goodness you found it! The little man sounds like he keeps you entertained for sure!

ACK! about finding the snake! Thank goodness it was dead, at least. Just knowing they are there would freak me out. You are wise to have someone do your yard work.
------
Doing ok here, though I have a "sore" eye. It started yesterday afternoon. The actual eyeball feels sore....it's weird. I don't know if I scratched it somehow? I don't remember having anything in my eye? I was afraid I was getting something like pink eye, but no signs of that and no discharge from the eye. What on earth will I do if it gets bad?? There are certainly no eye Drs in their office now. Sigh....I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. It doesn't feel any worse this morning, so fingers crossed. It could just be too much screen time...what else do I have to do??

A rainy/snowy day today. Tomorrow promises to be much better and I'm going to get outside.

Nothing much else from my corner. Hope you are all well and dealing with this situation the best you can. What more can we do?
  #581   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-20, 04:45

BF:

Nicco, putting down a dot....too darn funny hope your trip home was good! yea we got the nasty weather here also!

Jaz, cute kiddo stories I get your DD and hubby wanting a 2 hr walk....2 hrs wouldn't be enough for me HAHA

You start your new job today? it was 2 weeks and it has been 2 weeks right? heck I might be off a week, I don't know anymore

yea I hate the copperheads. mostly got the big black racers and other snakes in the barn area. I used to wear heavier boots when feeding the horses and livestock etc. cause it was more real work....now I got 1 darn old goat left and when I water and feed her I go down in my flip flops....and I think, what if....but good thing hubby keeps the weeds controlled right around my barn area for walking so I don't feel too worried on it

Lori, we didn't do hair. Kid went to bed like 6 in the morning! yes it is crazy, she is flipping her days and nights. She 'got up' at 5 and Sallys is closing early on new hours.....so we missed it. Last night I told her go to bed at 1 am and she said soon. No clue how late she stayed up but she said to wake her 'early' around 2 today.....omg the crazy of it all....so will go buy color today and get'er done....probably LOL

A sore eye? you know my hubby gets a sore eye. It just goes away by itself. It is like he gets sinus troubles and one eye gets sore and he says it is just a low pain/ache thing but in the end, like 2 days it goes away. I hope yours does the same. Only option is go to the ER I guess, but heck who wants to walk into an ER now? But I hope it all starts to feel better and goes away for ya! hubby puts a cold washcloth on it and that helps he says. I don't know...huh

Blue, happy you are feeling better. yes that tummy stuff can throw us off a lot ya know. bring us down for sure. cruddy weather can irk us too
I hate those cold winds you are talking about. We got the windy going here also and that underlying darn chill in it....oh yea you can feel that cold still
We got the pollen flying around everywhere, but luckily with the rain we got it has taken a lot of it out of the air.

Yea I thought our state might be one of those less effected. Heck I don't know. I don't watch the news ever. I don't track virus or anything. I truly don't care about it mostly to a level of 'following' it but I keep my eyes and ears open a tiny bit cause heck hubby follows this crap and he tells me and I listen It's me, my personality on it all but I also got Barb who is a virus all in person and knows a ton, she tells me crap also LOL I got the people around me doing the worrying, I ain't doing it HAHA I got too much on my plate to take this one on at this time.

HI ALL

woke up 'better' today. the big levering pinch in my lower back is subsiding. My butt doesn't hurt as much and I noticed my leg isn't having as much weakness so with time this is starting to heal up as it should. finally! being super careful still. taking my big monster ibruprofen horse pills I got...like 800mg ones. tummy a tiny bit tore up but not too bad from them. Will take more today but then I will wean off cause I don't want my guts to go crazy on me

so off to sally's today later. will get our paws on that hair color and I bet you ONE THING....and I will win this bet probably, kid is going to say....you go alone and get very very dark brown color. simple. I don't need to go right? She is super lazy right now, flipping her days and nights. So will be interesting to see what she wants me to do cause if she wants me to get it...….I have to go to the pharmacy to pick up dog medicine, yea right but I have to do that today, and then running to grocery store right next to the pharmacy.....if she wants me to get color then I am getting Nice and Easy super dark brown and calling it so over HAHA

have to hit pharmacy, store and bank today and come home and call campground and get that handled.

we got big rain the next few days but I checked beach weather....and ta da, it is nice so we are going to the beach WEEeeeeee. Will call later today and book Wed to Sunday. omg I need to get out of here and away to the salt air. the beach is a real magnet for me. I won't be able to metal detect, I can't walk that uneven sand for my back so I will chill out and use the indoor pool a lot weather will be low 70s which ain't great but will bring long sleeves etc. hey some cooler beach is better than no beach but all that rain predicted isn't going to be there so that makes me happy!!

off to get moving a bit slow here, be good today all and over and out. tell ya what I score from the store, don't need a lot, just some filler items. My freezer is meat packed so good there. My tuna is getting low but at the one store I hit the other day MY tuna was off the shelf. yea the crap tuna was there, but not my brand LOL so in search of tuna and few other things but no biggie if I buy very little. Need to eat what we got in the house and that is no joke, we got a lot here and I need to use it up so will live off the pantry and freezer for a while now.

be good ya'll

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Mar-23-20 at 05:01.
  #582   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-20, 06:25

BF:

Good Morning!
putting my dot down- back this afternoon!
  #583   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-20, 14:12

BF:

Good Afternoon! Better late than not!

Blue- Ahhhhhhhh, thank you for the compliment. I love to write and express myself through words. I think I am better at it than talking! I somehow seem too put my foot in my mouth a bit! HAHAHAHAHAH
I have start a book actually......... But I have gone back and looked at the writing and decided that is not really what I want to say. I would like something a bit deeper. Something that matters.
You know one of those books that actually might have impacted someone rather than a fluffy read.
However I do like "fluffy" reads when I am over stressed. I am not into fiction writing!

Speaking of how is your book coming along. I am nodding yes to your having some structure in your day. Truly I think we all are a bit shell shocked and needed a minute to process what is happening to us all.
So I love you are back to chopping wood and carrying water (as you have said to me!) Sometimes that truly is enough!!!

I hear ya on doing what you feel is important WOE wise. I think at least for me- This last week has been rough. It did not rank up there. However, I am back to doing as well as I can for right now. I call it self care when I don't eat crap.
I am glad you are going back to your bead project and also looking up stretching videos!!!
How is DS doing? I worry about him too. We all have to find our path!!!!-

Glad your stomach bug is gone!

Lori- - glad you too are feeling well. Yup I sure see your weather is as crappy as ours right now. Suppose to rain until Wed. URGH............
I DON'T do snakes and am concerned for letting the pup out in the back yard! Yea I don't do yard work!

I wonder what is going on with your eye. I would go to Walgreens and get some EYEWASH. And just drench it for the next 24 hours. You might have gotten something. or pollen in it to irritate it. I would give it a few days to heal. Eyes truly heal fast- but do go get some EYEWASH. Not eye drops. Big difference. You can get it in individual or a big bottle. I agree that cold compress as well. Give it a day or two.

How is your sis doing????- Hope she is wetland coping!

NIC
- Can't wait to hear from you! I know you are most likely tired. That drive is brutal! I know your hubby is most likely thrilled to have you home! Love loved loved your darling pictures.

Trig- I know you are not a news kinda gal- but I will say this might be something you want to take a look at yourself rather than take someone else's second hand information. It totally explains your "out and about". All I am saying is be informed. I am not saying live in fear or added stress. Just make informed choices. I know you will. No judging- I know that some stuff is worth letting it go and other stuff really should be evaluated so you can make informed desions.
We all have to make the choices that works best for our families. We all are in different states and different places. But one thing is certain- we all want the best for ourself and our loved ones!

I am thinking that you will be golden weather wise from Wed- Tue. They are saying by Thur- pure sunshine and 82 degrees.
I would call though because everything is changing daily with closures- things are changing from day to day. I would even call the day of.

I am glad that your back/leg issues are getter somewhat better. I feel ya on back pain my friend!!!!!! Surely hope you get real better real fast!
OH..... forgot to say - ROCKIN it on SMALLER clothes!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So my DD ask to came for lunch as this would be out last get together for a few months. I can't expose her and visa versa, going forward after I start working in the hospital until this all subsides. I have not been out and about since her house so she was comfortable to stop in.
The kids played and we chatted and it was just a beautiful day.
The luted quote of the day came from the princess- "I climb you".... I was sitting on the floor and she decided I was a climbing wall!!!! HAHAHAHA- then she would try to get over my should and roll into a ball of laughter!!!!!!! Then she would get tickled and it started all over!

I brought out some shrimp- and made tuna salad and had cut up peppers, cucumbers and mini tomatoes and ranch and that was it. simple and care free mostly. I let the kids eat the crunchy. I ate a few shrimp. I wasn't that hungry that early.
I have enough left over that will be my dinner- light and fine!

I went to the grocery after they left and got a few things I needed. almond milk, ground chuck, and a few staples. There was NO paper products or cleaning supplies. I am thankfully good now in that area.

I will tell you I was PISST to see an entire family wearing respirators n95. They were not ever wearing them right. I wanted to scream they are depriving healthcare workers who really need ANY of those. I held my tongue but OMG I was GLARING at them. They didn't even notice. The kid wearing it had it half off........Seriously!!!!!! SELFISH

Rain and more rain and the temp dropped to 50's here. Cold wet rain!
I have 6 days after today before I hit it running. I intend to take one day at a time and give it 110% and make it good!!!!
They are giving me a great salary, and insurance and for that I am thankful. I feel this is my time to give back as well!!!

Positive thought- I am thankful for you ladies as we go into a hard next couple weeks and as our states begin to close we have each other!

Positive Thought- Go and google the new SWEET CAROLINE done by original singer- it is hilarious- all about Covid -19 in a funny way

Positive thought- we have technology to reach out and get information at our finger tips, send emails, face time, and keep in touch via shelter in place!

Positive Thought- - We have warm homes, roof over our head, plenty of food, and we are knock on wood healthy.
AS BLUE says- CHOP wood CARRY water. Put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward!

A funny- guess who was the Jealous one today. the pup. She wasn't having it. Her momma playing with someone other than her. She planted herself in everyone laps. She went to each one of us and laid on her back with a rub my tummy mode!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Have a good one-
OK NIC- check in!

I will - take the rest of today to be grateful and for all of the above.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Mar-23-20 at 16:54.
  #584   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-20, 17:39

BF:

Hi everyone-

Blue- Sorry your tummy has been wonky. I've been there with you, mine has been wonky off and on since the start of the year. I hope you are feeling better.

Trig- Hope online school goes well for your kiddo. Does she have to be on at a particular time or just get the work done whenever? I am still having to make sure DS18 is up by 8 AM which is sort of annoying given the circumstances.

Glad your leg is starting to feel better. And I am happy for you that you might get to take another trip. We loved being away for a bit.

Lori- You are a saint for handling laundry like that. Truly a lovely thing you are doing. I wouldn't want that in my washer either!

I'm with you on struggling with eating. Going to try to right my ship tomorrow. It needs to happen!

Jaz- So glad you had such a great time with the Littles. They are beyond precious! Even though I don't know them I feel very fond of them!

I know I just touched on stuff but will do better moving on. Hugs, all.

•••••••••

Well, re-entry was rough. The drive was long yesterday, and today was gray, rainy and cold. Our mayor did another announcement thing today. He did not go so far as to require a shelter in place but stripped down to only essential business as of 5 PM today.

The state of Virginia has called off K-12 schools through the remaining school year. That made me sad bc I think that may happen for DS18. We'll see. And then there was a death of someone who works at the school, not Covid related but still fairly unexpected. It was just a hard day.

On a good note, I did take two short walks, and I organized the deep freezer with a listing of meats. It is a chest freezer so the organization was necessary! Having a task to do was good. Tomorrow I will do an organization of the other food items that we have. I am not used to having a bunch of food around and while I think it is prudent right now, it is also stressing me out a bit, so I want to get that better situated.

I felt better as the day went on but definitely felt teary in the first 3/4 of it. Third quarter ends Wednesday, so all work is due in by 3 PM tomorrow. That should keep DS18 busy tonight!

Anyway, looking forward to a better day tomorrow, and hopefully putting some structure to my day and some routines in place if I can. Otherwise this will not go well!
  #585   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-20, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day.......not much going on. Did my laundry yesterday, so that's done. Hmmm.....what will I get into? It's supposed to be sunny & nice, so must get outside for some movement.

Nic...it will probably take you a couple days to establish a routine at home. We're all still adjusting to our new normal.

Trig...funny how your DD has her days and nights flipped. Hope you got to the beauty supply.

Glad to hear your back is a bit better.

Jaz....so sweet that you had a nice visit from the kids. It has to be hard to know that you won't be able to see them once you start working in the hospital, but sounds like the best idea.

Blue....how's it going? Have you heard any reports of illness in your building? So far my sister's apt building has no CV. They locked it down early and outsiders are not to come in. Though I know that her friend's son comes every day after working at the grocery store!

Sis calls me nearly every day, sometimes multiple times.

Well, remember I told you that my eye was bothering me? I looked closely last night and I have some sort of growth starting at the outer corner and going toward the center. I have to turn my head and pull my eye wide open to see it, but there it is. It is clear and not very big. It looks like a piece of clear plastic. I can touch it(Sis says don't!) and it doesn't hurt or anything. I think it is either a Pinguecula or a Pterygium. Thank you Dr. Google. I had DH take a picture of it and sent it to DSis last night. Being a retired nurse, she has some medical reference books and she was looking stuff up about it. She said it may just reabsorb and go away on it's own. A warm compress feels good on it and it really isn't too bothersome at the moment. I hope it goes away as if it has to be surgically removed, they have to do a graft on the conjunctiva....ACK!! Hoping it doesn't grow and I'll be able to have an eye Dr. look at it in the next few months.

Had a good, fairly low cal & low carb day and scale finally went back down. I simply didn't eat any crap......imagine how that works? I also have gotten into the habit of having a lite beer every afternoon. Skipped that yesterday and had a sparkling water instead. I need to only have a beer a few times a week....can't be a daily occurrence. It is, after all, liquid bread!

Well, I think I have to go to the meat market and pick up some Deli items for Betty today. I also need a couple bananas to make DH more fruit salad. That will be my day. Leftovers for dinner tonight and then my new Green Chef box comes tomorrow. I'm going to try a new box in April called Marley's Spoon. I got a coupon code for $$ off, so going to try it.

Have good days!