Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#556   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 18:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello Friends!

Officially checking in!

Jaz- Your poor son. I wonder if it is possible he is having a bout of walking pneumonia? It might be something like that and not C-19. Glad you are keeping in tight contact with him.

Good for you on the score of TP, Kleenex and ground beef! Bare necessities right there! Very good of you to offer some up, too. Like you, I would think your Mom would be better off not waiting in lines with others, but I also agree that you will be independent as heck yourself when you are older!

Super super SUPER NEWS about AVA!!! I am so thrilled for her and her family. That kid is one tough cookie and will go so far in life!

Jaz, I actually get that reporter who said she is a stress eater. I definitely can do emotional/stress eating. If I am worried sick I won't, but limbo worry like this gets me bad.

Super cute story about your grandson saving his sister from the bee. Lord they are cutie pies!!

Blue- please know that I am thinking of your dear boy. I am glad he has online school. It is good for some shape, routine and distraction during this otherwise crazy time.

Are you getting to go the yoga or stretching or anything? I am finding that making time to move is a good thing for me. Hopefully I will continue it when I return home.

You are right that from time to time we will all need to go out, whether for meetings or for groceries or whatever. And I am sure we will see a friend or whatever from time to time too, with the appropriate care.

Lori- What happened with Betty's tooth? I would guess they take emergencies also, but curious to hear what you found out.

Glad you scored some groceries!

Wow, Grove Collaborative sounds pretty great! I am guessing it is a subscription box? And they just send whatever?

I really think I might cancel my Keto Krate after next month, if I have the same reaction as I did to this month's box. Nothing hit it out of the park for me.

Trig- Oh girl, I am so sorry that you are having sciatica. That really does hurt and I feel for you! And you are no pain wimp, I know.

Lucky you with the butcher putting meat up for you. It does pay to make those relationships! Sounds like things are slowly starting to hit your rural area a bit more, with limits, school closings and such.

Super SUPER glad you are going to be getting together with your friend Barb. That is wonderful and IMO so necessary for mental health and happiness. Yay for the scale going down too!

•••••••

An hour ago I was watching a bat swoop and fly outside the slider of my room here in the N. GA mountains. My friend has had this bat show up on their Ring doorbell but it is fun to see it live in action. I saw a deer run across this morning and my friend sent me Ring footage of a possum outside the garage too. No bears though, so far.

I got a GREAT hike in today. Major workout, basically two and a quarter miles of straight upward trajectory that was kicking my butt. Then back down again. No way was I going to make the over five miles one way that it would have been. I made it 4.6 miles today, and then Tuesday was 5 point something miles. Definitely been loving the many opportunities to be out in the fresh air here and you could not have beaten the weather today for sure!

We are planning to go Amicalola Falls on Saturday- biggest waterfall east of the Mississippi I believe and the southern terminus for the AT. Tomorrow I will likely laze around however if I can I might go walk around the lake. Depends on when the rain comes.

UMD has officially canceled returning to campus for the remainder of the Spring semester. Poor DS21GF will not have a college graduation. I am sad for her. No final decision on DS18 and his high school stuff yet. Word will have to come down from the state.

Speaking of the state, Larry Hogan did another announcement thing today. He pretty much yelled at everyone for not following the guidelines as well as they should, and honestly he was right. Some people are just so freaking dumb. They are going to make it bad for everyone. Gatherings are limited to 10, and pretty much everything now is shut down, including parks to cars (foot traffic okay.)

It is also interesting that folks in this N GA town still seem largely oblivious. Picked up an order for my friend from a Frame Shop downtown ( the shop owner brought it out) and the Main Street and downtown area are just teeming with people eating at restaurants and going in and out of shops. Some stores voluntary closed but most are open and busy.

I won't lie, my WOE has been three sheets to the wind this week. Hopefully I have burned off some of it, anyway. Will NOT be getting on the scale to find out but will see how my clothes do once I am home and back on track again. I am not losing my mind with everything but I am also not refusing stuff either.

BTW I wish you guys could see my older kids (all but DS18, who declined.) They have done yoga and are now doing an ab workout, teaching each other. It is adorable. I am glad they have had this time together!

As I keep writing, now they are running around playing who knows what, with DS18 up in the mix now too, hollering and hooting and carrying on. I just heard a crash and something might have broken because now it is suddenly very quiet up there. LOL
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 18:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey- So I am post hogging ..........

Just checking in to see how ya'll doing. It turned out to be a beautiful day here. I was to tired to cook though. Ended up exhausted again I think just because my brain is on overload.

I ended up running some care packages to several neighbors here. I included lysol wipes, 20 pairs of gloves and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer per bag. I delivered to 4 neighbors. I knew 3/4.
So the 3 I knew were so happy. The other neighbor is a police officer I heard is sick and at home. so even though I don't know how I drop off a package. I rolled up about the same time his partner was standing on the outside of the door talking to him. he was SO SO rude. Ask me what I wanted and told him I heard he was not feeling well and wanted to thank him for his service and he took me bag and closed the door in my face. OMG.........

So I am not some sweet angel here. I was doing my diligence we should as neighbors. But I was horrified- first I could have charged 100.00 for that dam bag and gotten it. second- a door in the face and not even thanks. I'm offended. I should not have gone there. I dunno, maybe he is just super sick and had no social graces.
I am telling myself that Karma what goes around comes around. I don't need his approval I did the right thing. Still it stung.

I got out today and go a 30 minute- full throttle walk in. It felt amazing!!!!!!
New coffee pot ready to go. I am not digging this coffee pot. I might exchange it for a step up. It leaves residual water in the basket which could mold. Hummmmmmmmm
It was a cheap one. 26 bucks.

Tomorrow need to make a run back to the hospital to get my TB read. It will be a 30 min drive and a 30 second arm check. 1 week to go before I am working.

I ask mom if I could drop by tomorrow to to see how she is doing. She was crying when I called. My aunt with new cancer ..... they are saying days......... she has it everywhere, spine, lymph, organs, everywhere. Nothing to be done except say goodbye. She is fully aware and not yet bed bound. go her!!!!!!!

WOE- on plan - all over the place- up and down!!!!!!!

Check in ladies!!!!!! - I need to clean.......... My baseboards are dust magnets. I have no energy to clean them

#558   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 18:59

BF:

NIC we cross posted!!!!!!
So glad you are having a grand time...... I love your kids doing Yoga....HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Dam girl up a mountain almost 5 miles in total...... I did that only it was 4 miles and I couldn't walk for 2 days after!!!!! You are in better shape than me!
I know where you are relatively. Its a pretty area. You are ever so right- you would NEVER know here in GA there is anything going on at all. Shopping centers are packed, stores are still open for the most part, some restaurants open and serving. Business as usual. Which I think is why mom is oblivious as well. Everyone is out!!!!
WTF?????

I am so happy you are doing well and happy and you and the chicks are busy and having a grand time.
How long are you staying?

Today was beautiful- so I know you had a great time. Seen any great movies?
Do you have a bedroom to yourself? What are you cooking?
Loved hearing your post!
  #559   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 19:02

BF:

PS:- Son is feeling a bit better and actually went for a slow walk for fresh air and feels slightly better. He is eating, sleeping and doing self care. He was called me all day. So I am monitoring him.
He is playing video games right now so I know he is getting back to self!
  #560   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 19:18

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---So sorry they turned down your son for a test, but happy to hear he is taking this more seriously. Fact is girlfriend, they simply don't have enough tests, so your son is meeting something you as a nurse know well---triage. SIGH. It shouldn't be this way in so many ways from Sunday. BUT, the good news is, your son is now taking this seriously. Honest to God, I shudder when I see all those pictures of kids on their spring break in Florida. Your son is hardly alone in denying the reality of this. We are all struggling with that in one way of t'other. Silver lining: your son is probably going to get in touch with his humility, like all the rest of us are.

I was so happy to hear his father is near and can hopefully drop off food and supplies. This is what we must do for each other now. Meanwhile, I really hope your greatest concern has been answered to now. That he knows he's sick, that he know's it might be the virus. And will act accordingly. He's young and strong, and his chances of getting better are also very strong.

Meanwhile girl, oh man, you are SO RIGHT about the lack of the basics available right now for those health workers on the front line. Silly me, I thought a country of our size and richness would be right on that by now, but no. Have been talking to my nurse pal, and my family who is doctor central (4 out of 5 in my Bro's family are doctors) and they are furious and disgusted w/their lack of supplies. So yeah, I get ya.

Trig---OMG, heck if I didn't wake up w/the sciatic nerve thing again. I think it could be for many reasons, as it always is. But I am finding the stress of all this ain't helping. Nice to hear of your plans to float around in the pool w/your bestie. I have made up my mind that if this thing goes on and on, there are certain people I will see, including my bestie. If we're all honest about how we feel, physically, and it's just one person, I think we're in the low risk category. And let's face it, every move we make these days could be risk. So, we have to use our common sense.

Lori---I too find myself tearing up here and there. Really get where you are. This thing is scary, and even if we're plumb OK, we worry about those we love. Thank God for Aunt Betty she has your hubby and you. Just made me smile so big when I read you were making her fave dish. Such a challenge when the world tells us to stay apart, to find a way to stay together. I have seen so many examples of this, it really warms my heart.

Nic--- Sounds like you and your family are having a lovely "get away", in a way that has never been more true to its intent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha. I went out to one of BC's stores today, met a colleague and did what we needed to do. Like I said, using my common sense, I surmised this was very low risk. And it was. Colleague and I kept the recommended distance from each other, and got our job done.

There was just one other customer in the store. And she was wondering around and around. This is a HUGE store space with just five of us sharing it---my colleague and I, two sales associates---all of us respecting the recommended space, and one customer. I had my eye on her because she simply did not look aware. Still, all of a sudden I turn around, and there she is, I had to move aside to avoid bumping right into her. Really?!?!? So many square feet, so few of us, so many choices, but NOPE. She wasn't coughing or sneezing or anything like that, but again, really?!?!? THIS is why stores will be shut down. Some people just don't get the less draconian choice.

SIGH, not worried about it at all, just kind of saying geez. IMO, this is a time to be ever so aware of our fellow travelers.

BUT, mostly I have to say, my family and friends are taking this very seriously, as are those in my apartment building. As Jaz would say, it is our current civic responsibility. She's right.

We'll get thru this, and again and again and again, thank God we have each other to talk to about it, along w/all the other digital ways we can communicate. AND, that is really no small thing.

ONWARD for all of us, and w/much love to each and every one of you.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Mar-19-20 at 19:32.
  #561   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 21:33

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Sigh, can't sleep. Really should, but WTH.

So back here from my earlier post tonight, and couple of things I missed on my last post.

Nic---Yay, so good to hear from you. Sounds like you are walking and hiking a lot, breathing in the fresh air. Can't think of any better antidote that is safe right now and oh so healthy for the mind and the body.

I see LOTS of people here in the city, walking and running. Not sure it's more than usual, because there has always been lots of people walking and running in the city. Oh, and yeah, riding their bikes. BUT it is a joy to see it happening in a way that perhaps escaped me before. The joy of it, still unchallenged and safe from the virus.

I wonder how you will feel when you come home. So I just wanted to say the above for those of us who have not been able to get away---that there WILL be the same opportunities for you and fam. To get outside and walk, or run, or whatever.

Trig---how's it going w/the kiddo home from school till who knows when? I think I get the sense that she is very able to entertain herself. And then when she can't, she'll have you---a very funny and entertaining person, and she might just be forced to admit that in the days to come.

Lori---See my above comments. Also, really thinking about your sissy too, as your love for her has made her come alive for me. Is it impossible for her to come stay w/you for awhile?

Jaz---Wow, one more week till you head for the frontlines of healthcare. I would tell you to use this week well, but you don't need a bit of that from me. You are SO expert at making your home a nest and knowing how to nest in it. So, dear pal, enjoy this last week w/out a minute of guilt. Stay in your pajamas all day if it suits you. Light your fireplace and some candles. BE COZY.

And then, you will head off to your new job. And I understand it is a scary time to do so, but yet, feel very good about where you will be specifically be located.

-----------------------------

As for me, I think I'm finally getting a bit sleepy eyed. Have had trouble lately reading, my great escape. Simply harder for me to focus. BUT, anywho feeling blessedly sleepy right now, which is good, because I actually have a big work day tomorrow---and I don't think there will be many of those to come for awhile.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Mar-19-20 at 21:39.
  #562   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 03:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I woke up at 4:30 and decided to get up, as my mind started to whirl and I knew there was no more sleep in me. Gabby was still asleep on the couch and just blinked at me and started her morning stretches. Cats are so cute when they first wake up.

All good here except the scale is starting to creep up. Time to stop the madness and get a hold of myself. Gotta nip this gain in the bud. I've been stress eating, as I know a lot of people have been.

Our Governor has tightened up store closures etc and they will start fining businesses for non-compliance tomorrow. I think most of our local businesses have been closed, but I guess there are some being resistant.

Betty is doing ok so far. Today is her 91st birthday. DH had planned to have a little party for her with her friends, but that has to be put on hold. I think I'm going to go do some laundry for her today. I'm going to have to do some extra things for her now that her cleaning lady can't come in to help her at all. We all do what we have to do.

It's going to be in the 70's today! I'm getting out for sure before the temps plunge again starting tomorrow. They're even talking about snow showers Monday! ACK!!

--------

Jaz....I'm sorry the kind gesture of your care package was met with such rudeness by the police officer. I think sometimes their job makes them "hard". It's no excuse for acting like that, but I've seen it before. Just know that you did a very nice thing and take joy in the other neighbors reactions to your kindness.

Nic....I love the sound of your kids doing things together and having such a good time. The memories they're making will be a bright spot in this terrible time.

Grove Collaborative is not really a subscription service as you can choose what you want each month. They do send a box monthly and you have to log on and change what's in your cart, or they will just duplicate your last month's order. I typically get TP, dish soap, counter cleaner, toothpaste, mouthwash etc. I am a member, so that I don't have to pay shipping on any of my orders..the membership is $19.99/year. They sell earth friendly, more natural brands....no harsh chemicals etc. I'm quite happy with their service.

Blue...I hope you were able to get some sleep before your busy day today. How is DH dealing with staying in and all the changes?

Unbelievable how that lady in the huge store had to sidle right up to you! Clueless! When I was out walking the other day, I even moved out into the middle of the street when there was a lady walking toward me on the sidewalk. As we passed, we smiled at each other and said hello.

Trig....how is the hip/leg today? It's a rough thing to get over for sure. Is DH still working driving cars? They have closed down all the car dealerships in PA. I guess car repair places are open, but not sales floors.

I guess DH is going to go to the park this morning, though the Rec Authority has closed. When he is there, he's alone and out in the fresh air, so no danger. He wants to try to clean the graffiti left by some brats on the side of their building.

Take care everyone.
  #563   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 05:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue, you got hit with the nerve also LOL my gosh, 2 of us down with it and it stinks right? HA Hope you come around fast, my healing up is dragging out big time. Now the 'good' leg is taking a hit more than the bad leg---I swear I can't win on it all, just sit back and heal it up is best we can do.

Jaz, I guess you are ready to get to work at your new job soon. Will keep you hopping but best get some bucks in the old acct Bank up well cause if it doesn't suit you, when this crazy is over you still might wanna travel nurse. I love you have so many options, but hopefully this job suits you good. fingers crossed for ya!!

Nicco….ahhh, the mountains. I can only take them in short amt of time cause with the trees and all I get closed in feeling fast. I sure ain't a fan of twisty mountain roads LOL Glad you guys are having such a great time!! Hiking a lot, I am so glad you are out and about enjoying it. Hiking is off my list right now, I can't trust walking without the knee wanting to buckle.

Lori, ah, cats are great. I had the best cats in my life. My Randy looked like your cat. And Fat Cat looked like your cat also big orange tabby. Love them. Had Li'l Kitty, Greyball, Albert as pet thru the years. Rest were barn cats I just fed and it is surprising how many have cats in their rvs instead of dogs. A lot of people have their cats out on leashes also. off on a tangent about cats HA

Possible snow in your forecast? what the LOL I sure remember PA and mountains of snow pushed up around the light fixtures at the mall. Heck in May and June sometimes the piles would still be melting. oh, off on another tangent thought HA

So I called my campground. Open, no troubles. Restaurants are call and order, curb side service which is super fine. With RV don't worry on that part either cause full kitchen and outside grill means we eat great anyway. Called Tanger Outlet mall...open still, no troubles there. Some stores closed due to private option if wanted, many stores still open so we will hit there one day to shop. Indoor pool is open, they said with the chlorine and bleach used for cleaning etc. they are keeping it open so that is great, I could use some water for sure!! Swim time baby!! Hubby wants surf fishing, I want metal detecting but I know I ain't going long in the sand, uneven walking area with my lower back the way it is....might get drag the big lounge out to the beach and lounge out and not move. Sounds good to me LOL Waiting to book trip on weather now. Got these rain storms around enough to irk me still...hopefully forecast changes and we can set this in motion. Kid also said she wants out of the house and to the beach but of course she found out the Canada border is closed to pleasure travel and she is pissed. Not sure if we can do Toronto this year, might have to be next year I guess.

Kid has online classes starting Monday. Log into their powerschool book site etc and teachers are posting assignments. Have to drive to school later and get art supplies the teacher said they need. Kid is bored, actually feel sorry for her cause she enjoys school more than staying home now, wow, huh....but taking it all day by day on what school is gonna do on it all. No biggie. Whatever goes down, goes down

Blue, Barb doesn't have her pool open yet, well it is but too cold for swimming just yet. Water is icy. We are gonna hit the lounge chairs, drink a few rum drinks and laugh and chill. Nothing great but it gives us something to do a bit for today.

Gonna head out around 11 and hit Barb's house and chill out and chat up.

I can't do much on this leg. Lower back bad but not as rough. Good leg is more worse than bad usual leg tho. My knee is out of sorts, very big weakness down that leg now. Just going along, moving extremely slow thru my day. Watching every step I take to be sure I don't twist it, stretch it, pull it, or whatever in any way. I hate going thru life gingerly like this, it truly is getting on my nerves

Tomorrow me and kid hitting the mall for some shorts she needs for the hot weather coming up. I need some new SMALLER shirts for wearing out in public, not my usual Ts, just like a nice polo type pull on and go shirt. Stores open, a few closed cause they want I think but operating as usual. Food court open for takeout, no dining inside. Sounds good. So at least we got somewhere to go tomorrow but they are on shorter operating hrs....12 to 7 so we got somewhere to head tomorrow to get out of the house a bit.

check back later, have a great day ya'll
  #564   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 07:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day to see what is going down in the world! The images coming out of Italy is sobering. Then you compare that with the images from Spring Breakers on the beach and I just shake my head. I don't get it at all. two words: Civic responsibility.

I watch the Today Show in the morning and I think they are doing a good job in showing all sides of all of this. Now California is on lock down. Pretty much I am shocked this is not a country wide lock down. I think if people don't take it more serious this is what it will come to.

Blue- I will start with you because I am thinking of your son right now in Cali- how is he coping with all of this? Do you talk to him daily? I know he is most likely putting on a strong front. Is he taking all this seriously? The numbers they are talking about is mind blowing.
My aunt that was recently Dx with cancer lives in Berkley. My mom WAS going to go see her but their flight was canceled. I know this is so hard.

How are you doing? I know you have some good friends there in the complex- it is possible you can do what Trig is doing and meet them pool side and just use the loungers? I think that is a great idea, if your weather permits it. I love the idea of getting outside! How is the hubby doing?

Lori- So sweet of you to check and help out Betty!!! Tell here 5 gals wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
I can't believe they are talking snow in your area tomorrow!!! GADS!!!! Get out today and soak of some good weather!

Ya I would be skeptical with a box of cleaning supplies unless I knew exactly what was coming!!!
How are YOU DOING?

NIC- - I am loving your posts for sure. Living veraciously through you and your awesome family time! I am sure your hubby is jealous!!! I am shocked he still is going into the office. Can't he work from home too? Truly the courts are closed right? With technology you can easy do teleconferencing.

So are you still the made cook of the house? Did you kids bring their gaming systems? My son is SO into the Zelda and Switch games!!!
How long are you planning on staying? Enjoy today- supposed to be warm too!!!! I see that everything is in bloom here!!!

TRIG- Girl I feel for ya on the leg!! Does anything help it? Is it worse in the morning?
How is the kiddy and hubby handling being home?
Did you visit your mom yesterday, get her supplied up?
Enjoy your pool side!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I need to run up to Employee Health and have them read my TB arm.
Yup- On the work clock now and I will say I am disgusted that hospitals are not stocked with supplies. I hear that nurses are using bandana's to cover their faces! Seriously?
So not ok. I feel that I am going to the front line with out a hard hat or firearm. How do you go to war without equipment?
The gov. signed a law that would speed up production if necessary- well it's necessary now!

I have been TRYING to muster up walks here and there. I have been hit or miss on that weather depending. Supposed to be be a nice day here.
I am going to stop by mom's on the way home just to see how she is doing. She is pretty much doing her thing and I am doing mine. She is choosing to go and get her own supplies so I am not dealing with that. Which honestly once I start the hospital I am not going to see her unless she absolutely needs something. I do not want to spread anything to her.

WOE- I am pretty much on plan. But sitting at home I really could tighten up the eating widow. Om OMAD is a struggle right now because I am nibbling a bit here and there- all low carb- but still eating when I don't really need. too!

DS- About the same - lungs still heavy, and wheezy. No pneumonia is different for him. It is a dry heavy rather than fluid. They are saying people who have had this have some lung damage like fibrosis if they are predisposed which he is with Asthma. I am "watching" him pretty closely. Lucky they closed the base and he has been working from home now for the last 2 days.

POSITIVE: everything is in bloom here- all the flowering trees and bushes! It is just beautiful here. Today is the FIRST day of Spring! So even though there is so much uncertainty - the Earth is bringing forth color and life!!!!!! I will take a minute to enjoy it!

Stay well and safe!
Spring is a time of renewing!
  #565   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 13:05

BF:

Just back from a 4+ mile walk. An hour & 20 minutes. I just walked and walked and listened to podcasts. I did get caught in a couple rain showers, but had a rain jacket tied around my waist, so no worries. I didn't melt!

I was walking down an alley and ahead of me, I saw an elderly couple. I would say in their 80's. He was tall, a bit stooped with a full head of white hair & a beard. She was short, a bit round, and wearing a jaunty beret. They were holding hands and talking....I would see her look up at him when responding to something he said. He was carrying a bag probably with their take out lunch, or maybe items from the pharmacy. I just found it tugging at my heart. What must they be thinking? Are they afraid? Do they have family? I turned down another street so as not to get close or try to pass them.

Anyway, had a nice, hot shower and now I'm going to make dinner and get thru another day. Feeling a bit sad and anxious.....the walk didn't help today.

Be well.
  #566   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 16:16

BF:

Lori-
I loved your couples story! LOVED IT - sighhhhhhhhh mature love....

How cute. You know my grandparents loved each other dearly but now thinking about it I never saw them PDA- ever. I knew they loved each other. But thinking about it now I never saw them hold hands, kiss or even walk together. Hummmmmmmmm
Maybe it was just their generation. They would be in their 100's now

Good on you to get so a great walk in despite the rain drops. It will do you body good!
It is hard though to keep watching the news- don't care what channel, none of it cheery. The Stock Market is crazy low. I guess now would be the time to buy. But if one is out of work and wondering how to put food on the table they aren't buying stock!

So my funny story: genus me decides to go hit up the wasp nest outside my back door in the middle of the day. I didn't think about the fact that now the wasps have nothing to do but fly around the back yard.
URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WOE- sucked today- wanted comfort food. Although it was an OMAD day- it was a comfort food day, and a nap. Yea..........

Going to hit up some Netflix tonight.

Hope you are all well, and keeping busy

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Mar-20-20 at 20:56.
  #567   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 04:06

BF:

Lori, the walk didn't help too much? Usually for me just being outside gives me a boost Have you started jogging yet or is it still too cold to bother just yet?

Jaz, yea we are blooming like crazy here now. Love it, means my hot weather is on its heels!

Hey Nicco and Blue...and Blue I have that pinched lever-action type pain just like you mentioned when walking.....I am walking bad and thought of you HAHA stinks to the max. time for this to be over but it is just hanging longer this time. ugh

hey all, fast one

still walking like a pretzel. woke up and my butt aches big time, my legs are weak. Just won't go away just yet LOL driving me batty. I can't go full speed and oh boy I don't like that.

hunger is low. just not wanting much to eat. which is helping the scale....hey take any loss thru sickness or whatever right HAHA

Got a big pork chop for later today. One of those thick cut ones. Not sure if I will eat it or just defrost a ribeye for dinner. Brunch time I might just do tuna. Not in the mood to eat a lot, or bother cooking cause I am such in a blah zone.

have to mow today big time. been mowing for a bit now but with rain around it has been putting us off....need to hit the lawn and now!

didn't go to Barb's house. She has to deal with mother in laws house. Did I mention it. Her mother in law is 95 going on 96 and in ICU for bowel troubles. Not looking good at all so she went over to her house and emptied the refrig etc. It doesn't look like she will be coming home. Surgery for bowel might be needed, they are wait and see but at nearly 100 yrs old, well, you all know. So I just stayed home and did little things around the house. Barb and me picked a day to get together next week and chill a bit. Of course all depends on what goes down later for them.

other than that, just crippling along and kinda bored I can't go full speed. Nerve pain has taken me down a good bit so just going slow, taking it easy, doing nothing much and so on

kid says she is too tired to go shopping with me...tired? are ya friggin' kidding me LOL Heading out to the mall later. Will drag hubby with me. Need a few pairs of shorts and a few nicer shirts for public. Nothing much. See what stores are closed and what are open. Just to get out of the house a bit. He is in snoring right now but will give him a bit more time, wake him up and off we go Kid says I can drag her out next week for new shorts and Ts if she ain't too tired....shoot me please here

Bro Rich who is VP of computer company got me the big screen Mac Pro. 1 yr old off lease purchase. He checked it with a fine tooth comb and upgraded the memory, and more and says it is superior. Sells for around 2K being 1 yr old...I am getting it for only 1300. Hey that is GOOD enough Mac for this teen! Top of the line computer for a kid who doesn't really need it, crap she knows how to ask for a high end birthday present HAHA

Seems Canada to Toronto might just get cancelled. Do next year. No use trying to maneuver in June or July thru this mess of biz closes and all on a longer trip. Border closures and more. No biggie....got 10 days booked at the beach in July I am hoping pans out and then I can book smaller trips to fill it all in and be able to goof around thru summer. Play by ear on it all.

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Mar-21-20 at 06:07.
  #568   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 06:06

BF:

Good Saturday Morning

I had to set my alarm and will be out the door by 8am. I am heading to Greenville for the last time for a while. I got a desperate call from my DD last night that they are out of much needed supplies they need especially with our preemie.

She needs sanitizer, cleaning supplies and paper product and they are out in the country and everything is sold out. She has been going out to try to find stuff but is not taking the kids because the little one is severely immune compromised so she can only go when the hubby isn't working. Long story short- I have supplies and happy to share.

So we spent a good 30 minutes making sure we are all healthy. Also she and I both agreed that once I start the hospital I will stay away for awhile. I would hate to bring anything to those kids, even though kids seem pretty good , our little would not fair well.

I can foresee that GA will be one of those shelter in place states. We are ranking 10th and climbing by the day! Atlanta is no place to be right now. But I will tell ya my DD is very Rural and her resources are very limited and she can't get anything online right either.

It will be sweet to see the kids. She assured me they have not been anywhere in weeks. They had colds 3 weeks ago, it was truly a cold and they are over it by weeks. This is bad- she is scared of me and I am scared of them. This sucks. There will be no kissing this trip!

I will meet them at the botanical gardens- outside and take a walk with them. It will be a short trip.

Yesterday was a bad day for me. The sun was out, it was 80 and I didn't care. I had a case of the blahs.

Woe- was out the window yesterday as well and I had a carb nap. I was wanting comfort food and didn't care. Today however is a new day!
Back on plan. I know the very best thing we can do is take care of ourself- mentality and physically- that includes healthy eating

Ohhhhhhhhh- so outta time-

back later with personals
  #569   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 08:42

BF:

Good Morning!

I slept in until 6 o'clock since Gabby chose to be outside last night. It was so warm last evening that she just wanted to stay out. She was ready to come in for breakfast when I got up. Now she's asleep on her perch...she has quite the life.

I woke up thinking about that cute elderly couple I saw yesterday(see previous post). They seemed so happy together just strolling along. I hope they are well.

I'll be taking today off walking as it is windy & cold. Better weather coming tomorrow, so I'll try to get out then. Monday looks like a miserable day of rain/snow/wind...ugh.

I'm trying to think of a local restaurant to order from tonight to help them out. I have food here, but would like to do something to help.

DH went to check on Betty and take her the morning paper. The take out deli where we get a lot of her favorite foods from has closed. At 91 she knows what she likes and doesn't take well to "different" things. I can always try to make recipes, but it's a crap shoot as to whether she'll eat it. We'll do our best.

I did ok with my eating yesterday, but today is not starting out well. I go back and forth between not wanting to care about what I eat and being afraid not to. I sure don't want to gain a bunch of weight thru all this mess.

Jaz.....I hope you enjoy your quick trip to see the kids. It will be hard for them to understand the no kissing policy. I hope you have good weather for a nice walk.

Trig..so sorry about your back/hip/legs. This is sure hanging on for you. I can only imagine how miserable you are. How on earth are you going to mow? Be careful!

It sounds funny to me to hear you say that you're going to the mall or other clothing stores. NOTHING is open here except grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations......only essential services.

Nic.....are you heading home soon, or have you decided to extend your stay?

Blue....hope your son and his roommates continue to be ok. What a tough situation. Hope you find some good TV/movies to pass time this weekend.

Take care all.
  #570   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 16:02

BF:

Jaz it is great you can help with what they need. Grandma to the rescue LOL

Lori, yea our mall is open. In fact we hit some great sales. I got a nice white 'furry' lightweight vest with a zipper. Get this, $54 on total discount down to $6.00----WEE....might wear it a few times next winter maybe HAha
Got 2 smaller pairs of sweatpants.....$3.00 each. got blue and black and I needed these, my sweats are all to big and baggy so heck now I wished I bought 4 pairs.

Hubby got 3 Tshirts, nice ones, $4.50 each....down from $25 each.

I tell ya the store closing was just great. Out of biz means deep sales but sad the stores aren't making it. I wish I knew earlier I would have gone shop crazy on 70-80% off

Pants, jeans. OMG so many great ones. I could not try on any. I could not lift my leg like that to even attempt to try on pants. I sure wanted to but passed. Beautiful jeans of all sorts and colors, like $7-8 a pair....wow what a deal but I couldn't try on anything. No way on this back trouble LOL

almost bought a $60 purse for like $10 but I didn't like it enough, but darn I love sales like this Hubby and I scored well tho for what we could get.

by the time we hit Academy Sports for some air needles for pump I was walking crooked. They were open but their counterpart Dicks is permanent closed to further notice.

My store I wanted....H&M Fashion, sign said closed til April 2. Will remain closed etc til further notice. Bummer, that is the store I like to get tops darn it.

stores are open fine here, hit and miss tho. a lot closed at mall but many still open. Acadmey had a lot of people. Then we hit Dollar Tree for some cheap stuff I needed and that was in and out cause by then....I was a pretzel and back hurt a lot.

Oh we hit Lowe's. omg the people shopping there going out with tons of wood, dog fencing, gates and more. people are spring building here for sure. A lot of people buying flowers and more. Nothing is going slow around here yet LOL Bought house filters we needed and some paper towels there. They had loads of them on the shelf.

yea we are functioning down here but a lot is closed so we have to call and check etc. but so far me and hubby had a good day. People are out and about and doing their biz as usual.

hubby is mowing now. I ain't and he needs to fix my mower....the smaller one, his bigger one is working.

Felt great to get out and about. In fact those people we saw and chatted with all were in good spirits etc.

ate a ribeye yum. chicken tonight. took a monster 800mg Ibuprofen...helping a bit but I hate them cause they tear up my gut. 1 tonight also and see how I do in the morning.

over and out all.....so shopping and all is ok in my neck of the woods. People out and about.

but hey I took one of my kids mini hand sanitizer bottles in my purse....see I used it a few times too LOL I hate that stuff but I thought, why not...handle some junk, use a squirt

over and out

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Mar-21-20 at 17:08.