Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-18, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: LC, IF
Stats: 256/240/190 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

The last trip to Costco was a disappointment. I had a list of 5 items and they didn't have 3 of them.

They didn't have frozen organic cauliflower rice, but I had never looked for it before so maybe that store just doesn't carry it.

They no longer carry ground bison which they have had for at least 8-10 years. It was the only ground red meat I liked.

They no longer carry the 210-count Kleenex tissues.

To be perfectly honest, we have found the quality at Sam's Club getting a lot better, and we are buying more things there than we used to.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 03:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The organic cauliflower rice supplier changed for us...it was four nice sized bags together from Cascadian Farms, to one large frozen lump from Green Giant. Way less convenient so management and the Suggestion box heard from me. Store managers have some leeway on what to stock and do read those. They can tell you if something is just out of stock at warehouse (bison?) or gone for good. Which connects to another reason Costco has become a favorite...the staff at our store are amazing... helpful, knowledgeable, happy, friendly. Always willing to check stock, give advice, handle returns with a smile. When this new store opened applications to existing Costco employees, they got three times the number they could hire, so picked the best, many with years of service. It's reputation for treating its employees well shows in every visit.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 08:00
Registered Member

Plan: LC, IF
Stats: 256/240/190 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yes, husband checked on the last 2 I mentioned--they're gone for good. Oh well, life goes on.

I agree--one of the best things about Costco has been the quality of their employees--great people and always helpful.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-18, 10:44

Mentioned the KerryGold package and price change on a LC FB page, and learned that Kirkland has just added its own brand of European Style Butter, priced just above regular. So new poster hadn't tried it yet, and I wasnt looking for it. Will be interreesting where it is produced because even LandOLakes is doing a European style now with about 2% more fat.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-18, 05:20

Still do not have a Kirkland European style butter in NC, I use the organic for baking, and no manager sale on KerryGold so far this holiday season. But the underwear was back for $7...DH and I are now set for the season. The already prepared mashed cauliflower in heat n serve tray is back for the holidays but it does have additives and funky ingredients. There is a new dark brown beef bone broth in the dairy case...have not had the courage to try it yet. https://www.pressery.com/organic-bone-broth Our store now has Moon Cheese in addition to Whisps. And the Monday before Thanksgiving picked up a huge lush fresh greenery wreath, soaked it for days, and put it up on the weekend. Decorating done for $15.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-18, 11:08

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Found kerrygold at half price right before thanksgiving at most expensive grocery in the area: SHaws. Maybe they outbid costo co for a sale price.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-19, 21:37

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

My Costco sells avocado oil mayo - no need to make my own. The local Publix has "avocado oil mayo" but if you look at the ingredients it's the classic soybean oil, canola oil - with a little smidge of avocado oil. The Chosen Foods brand at Costco is 100% avocado oil.

And my favorite thing at Costco? Their langostino tails! Some of those with melted butter and I can feel like I'm having my adored lobster.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-19, 21:52

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

That's interesting that Costco has 100% Avocado and none of the bad oils.
Thanks for the tip Debbie!
Happy New Year too!!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-19, 04:22

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
My Costco sells avocado oil mayo - no need to make my own. The local Publix has "avocado oil mayo" but if you look at the ingredients it's the classic soybean oil, canola oil - with a little smidge of avocado oil. The Chosen Foods brand at Costco is 100% avocado oil.
This is great - thank you! I had stopped looking at the avocado oil may for that reason. This food label looks great - except for the organic honey - but it's fairly far down on the list.

https://i.imgur.com/6QtYFdM.png?1

https://i.imgur.com/ZAG6JNF.png?1
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-19, 05:35

We have the Chosen Foods brand too, but liter bottle of Avocado Oil is even better deal, just saying'
The recipe in post #1, whip it up in the same straight-sided jar that it stays in, only the immersion blender blade needs washing.

New coupon cycle starts today I hope those huge pallets stacked to the ceiling with candy and cookies are gone. Looking at the original list I have to say the sous vide grass-fed beef is darn convenient, esp. if tending to a carnivore diet. The package has two smaller sealed pouches, just pull out a few slices, leave at room temp to take off chill, and done.
Kristie Sullivan's Keto Gatherings book is supposed to be out today..it will be interesting to see what other "diet" books are on the table now.

6 weeks + since bought greenery door wreath and still looks perfect. Only once did I take it off door in a storm to let the rain re-fresh it for a bit. Poinsettias great too...always amazed with the vast quantities of fresh plants stacked up but in better shape than a local nursery.

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Jan-02-19 at 05:50.