Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#646   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-18, 06:19

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm stranded today without a car, so home I'll be. My car is getting inspected, oil change and all that. We dropped it off last night after dinner. It's not like I don't have things to do here. I have to get the spare room ready for BIL's impending visit. He'll get here Saturday and stay till Tuesday I think.

I have Techs coming at some point to do the annual check on our water treatment system. That typically takes about 10 minutes, but shell out $$, you know?

As far as exercise today, I may be walking to pick up my car this afternoon. I think the weather will be decent with temp around 40, so I can easily walk the couple miles to get it. The only bad part is crossing a 4 lane busy highway, but there is a light with a crosswalk, so I don't get flattened! I still don't like crossing there, but it'll be fine. If the timing works out, DH may take me, but he has to take his cousin to pick up her new glasses this afternoon. It's all good.

Dinner last night was great. I had a 6 oz. filet with mushrooms, a salad, and loaded broccoli. Yum. I brought a small piece of the filet home along with 1/2 of DH's rack of ribs, so, YAY! leftovers.

Trig....hope today is a good one!

Blue...good plan to have some days where you work at organizing etc and then some days where you just chill. Day after day wears on you, as you know from your marathon of getting your house ready to sell.

Jaz...hope you still have that weight off your shoulders feeling today. You have some fun stuff ahead of you!

Nic....Oh man, your car story makes my blood boil. I cannot stand poor customer service. How hard is it to do what you say you're going to do and pay attention to detail? Sigh......I hope you can get your car fixed and back on the road soon.

Ok...more coffee coming my way!
Sponsored Links
  #647   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-18, 08:22

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Jaz- I think that is the "best of both worlds" decision. You can put things on hold and see how you feel after a break without losing ground. Very good news! Putting it on hold doesn't cause you to owe your company anything, right?
The activities you have chosen sound GREAT!!

Cauli Mac and cheese recipe here: https://staging.ketoconnect.net/rec...wer-mac-cheese/
I do four slices of thick cut bacon because BACON.

Blue- loved hearing about the I Love Lucy Thanksgiving complete with Mac and cheese. Just a great reminder that sometimes things going 'all wrong' turn out to be 'all right!' If only it was easy to remember that at the time.

Also liked hearing about how things are with you and hubby. You guys have a long and time tested marriage and there is comfort in that. You know the ebb and flow and the challenges that come and then are passed through.

Trig- Still thinking about you, dear one, and your sick self. Sounds like minor improvement with a ways to go. This definitely reminds me of when poor Blue got walloped with illness. Hang in there, you WILL get better.

Lori- Ah, we are both carless today! Me not as much as you because I am claiming DS16's car for half the day, to go to parent-teacher conferences and to pick up DS20 from college.

Glad you enjoyed your dinner out and have leftovers to boot. I freaking love leftovers! I just do not understand people who don't have them/ eat them!

•••••••••••

Are we all going to get smashed with record breaking cold on T-day this year? Or is it just certain regions? We are looking at a HIGH of only around 31 with a low of 18!! Dang that is cold for T-day, especially an early T-day like we are having this year. We will be bundled from head to toe to play flag football this year. I was waffling with playing but I likely will just because I will burn a few calories doing it before eating.

Warmish today, going up to 49, but WINDY with gusts up to 25 MPH. I can actually hear a tree branch scraping on the upper part of the house. Said tree is coming down, probably next week, along with one other. We have plenty of trees but these two are just too close to our house (and the neighbor's house too.)

DH and I dropped my car off last night so I can let DS16 sleep in for a while. The cleaning crew is coming today while I am gone (he will dodge them!) and so I can come back to a nice clean house for the holiday. Yay! The dogs have been bringing in so much fall debris and junk, even though we wipe their paws. DH is less than stellar at remembering this and it makes the house look so trashed!

So, not much else to report. Conferences, picking up DS20, on plan, not weighing but doing fine. End of story!
  #648   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-18, 10:15

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies - Whew- Do I feel like a new person who gets new beginnings!
Goodness where to begin- you all got stuff going!

Blue- I love the story of you and the hubby and your dad curled up watching LUCY- in front of fireplace with Mac and cheese! That is a super story! So smart of you not to go and infect everyone else as well!
Ahhhhhhhh yes the artist with two people playing on the same canvas! I love that analogy- it is SO true! I DO things WILL settle when you toss that last cardboard box in the trash. You need to make a date! Maybe a matinee and coffee or some wine or something like that!
When does the son come? He is coming for Thanksgiving or Christmas or both?

NIC- I too am very proud of how you reacted to a situation most of us would go postal! I agree with LORI- poor customer service - no excuse! - so the kids are coming home for Thanksgiving? Are you making the traditional meal- turkey?
How was your steak last night? I am going to have steak salad tonight. Have you every had that? THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE!!!!!!-
BTW- playing ball in the cold burns more calories!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Lori- You day sounds good! I am going to walk today too! Taking the dogger with me! I need to schedule an oil change too- thanks for the reminder!
You have some real COLD weather coming your way in the next couple days- so enjoy TODAY!!!!

Trig- I am glad you are feeling SOMEWHAT better! Good idea to half your meds- but being the good nurse I am I would tell you to be sure to take the full dose- maybe just in segments. You need to have that bug KILLED not just knocked down to get back up.
I would take it easy the rest of the week and just do what you need to do- no expectations! Think of BLUE's post- best memory- Mac n cheese watching reruns. You could to a burger- not carbs!
--------------------------------------------
It has taken me over and hour of stopping and starting - to get this post finished!
I am multi- tasking between this computer and work computer. I have them set up side by side in front of the fireplace! I needed to take the morning Chill off. Dogger laying ON my feet- better than slippers!

I woke up today feeling like a new person. I know yesterday- was bitter sweet in putting the brakes on school for right now. But I know in my gut- It was the RIGHT thing for me right now. It is a pause to give me time. I am feeling REALLY REALLY LIGHT! (not weight wise HA)- but in spirit. So I know it is the right thing to do.
I also know that the time I have spent in school and what I have learned is valuable and not wasted by any means! Just need some BALANCE as TRIG put it so well. Sometimes we all need to take that step back. So I did!

I would like to find a writing club- where like you said BLUE- creative meets creative. It would be a awesome thing for me. I also want to explore Toast Masters again. I now have the TIME! I am giddy with things now I can DO!!!!!- I know SLOW down!!!!

Beautiful today- Not a cloud in the sky- GA blues and high of 63. Getting a walk in here in the next 30 minutes!

Have a great day ladies
  #649   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-18, 06:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Ho Hum....another day. I'm getting into serious hibernation mode here. I sure am not a cold weather person. Yesterday I got the call at 2:30 that my car was finished, so I got dressed to walk to get it. I didn't know it was windy, but I soon found out. I was dressed warm enough, but I do hate the cold wind. It only took me about 25 minutes to walk the 1.6 miles, so not bad. Crossing the highway was a pain as I pushed the walk signal and had to wait what seemed like forever for the light to change as big trucks whizzed by.

Today is run day, so I'll head out around Noon or so. I think it'll be high 30's but still that darn wind. My cleaning lady is coming around 1, so maybe I'll wait till she gets here and then clear out while she does her thing. Dinner tonight will be leftover ribs for DH.....probably a burger for me. I made pizza chicken last night, it was quite tasty. I had 2 nice sized chicken breasts, dipped them in Rao's marinara sauce and the rolled them in a combo of freshly shredded parm cheese mixed with Italian seasonings. I baked them for 45 minutes at 350. Delish.

I haven't had my beloved BP coffee for a few days and still no loss on the scale. The heck with it.....I'm having one today! I've been having a couple cups of coffee with just a bit of cream instead of the butter & MCT oil powder along with the cream. Doesn't seem to make a difference to my body as far as losing weight so I'm going back to the good stuff! I only have 1 cup a day, so really didn't think that was the issue. Who knows what my body wants?

So Trig.....how are you feeling today? I hope you've started to turn the corner. Do you have this cold, windy weather too?

Blue...your I Love Lucy & Mac & Cheese T-giving sounds awesome to me. I love both!

Nic.....I have got to do the cauli mac & cheese. I think I could eat a whole pan of it myself!

Jaz...hope you got out and enjoyed the nice day yesterday. I forget what your plans are for tomorrow?

Ok....time for the aforementioned BP coffee. Have a good day!
  #650   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-18, 07:43

BF:

Wow- last post and first post?!?!?!?!
I am thinking I am cross posting with Lori or Trig it takes me a minutes to crank out a post the last few days! But I am on a time line this morning so I am not going to be multi-tasking!

I am meeting my mom at Kohl's to go coat shopping. I don't have a winter coat. I had been using her old one and it disappeared last week. I left in when I went out- but when I called back it was gone. My fault entirely. I was thinking I will just use sweaters until it doesn't get THAT cold here. But my mom found out I "lost" the coat and she said nothing. I was expecting a snotty comment. Instead she called yesterday and said that she saw a London fog on a Black Friday Deal - I might like as my Christmas gift. WTF?!?!?! I think she was so flattered I signed us up for a glass blowing class she wanted to do something nice back. Hey I will take NICE and go with it. Plus she is very happy that I am spending Thanksgiving with her and her husband. My kids are going to see my aunt in Charlotte and then my son will make an appearance on Fri and stay through Sun. So it will be a awesome but low key holiday.
I am not sure when I am going to see my DD and the grandkids - My SIL's sister and boyfriend are coming to see them from Ohio. So they are busy for a minute! But the good part is that I can hop in the car and be there in less that 2 hours. I am also hopeful I will have more time to do just that!

Whats on my Thanksgiving Menu? Fresh Steelhead trout, steamed broccoli- and stuffed mushrooms with sausage and cream cheese (no bread crumbs). Shrimp and deviled eggs appetizer. All good. There will be a pecan pie I will take a pass on. Thank goodness I am not a sweet tooth. That is one blessing. I know people who are SO addicted to SWEET.
That being said- there isn't a potato I wouldn't eat. Just saying.

I need to touch up the and sweep before the son gets here. Ya know sweep up DOG hair! It don't bother me as much- I just sorta look the other direction these days - but I guess I will haul out the vacuum.

Lori/ Trig- are you putting up a tree this year? I am with Blue and Nic- something about twinkling lights that just perks up the mood! Magical in a way. I didn't always put up a tree. I did the entire time I was married with kids. Then after I go divorced it was like 5 years before I put up a tree. Then I bought a crappy Charlie Brown tree at a thrift store and used that for a couple years. Then I bought on on a Black Friday sale and started buying ornaments from Pier One- love their ornaments.

Eats for today? Not sure- errands and I am sure the stores are going to be PACKED! - I do need to hit up the grocery! I am out of about everything. I have been doing smaller shops and wasting less and eating out of my fridge before I go back!
So I will hit up the fish counter and see- I am thinking crab legs- or scallops. My son wants snapper and asparagus. He don't eat carbs. not that he is a huge LC fan. He has a medical condition that doesn't break down carbs well. So he is on my diet naturally. And you want to know something- he is THIN- I mean very thin! Me............ MEN!!!!!!! I swear!

I am thinking about Christmas now- and what to get the kids. I am pretty practical with gifts. I got the DD some nice flashlights so far. I love shopping on line- huge fan. Now that I finally got on board with PRIME- HAHAHAHAHAH- took me a minute!

BLUE- you are getting SNOW?????? I see that- it will give you a beautiful back drop to your Christmas room! It is screened in right? I love how you decorated it! You are right- it is like an extension to your living room! Has anyone else commented on your room? I bet people stop and look up at your balcony!!! I sure would.

Trig- I am sure hopeful you and the family are feeling better!!!!
Boy that bug got ahold of you- but you are a strong gal!

Lori- out for a run today? What are you taking to your SIL? Are you staying all day? How far of a ride is it? -

Nic- I know you are right in your element today! What is on your menu?
------------------------------
Gotta run- one last thing- did you hear about the latest Romaine outbreak. CDC- says toss ANYTHING that contains romaine- even wash the area it TOUCHED!

Be safe!
  #651   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-18, 16:42

BF:

Annnddd........we're back! I did have to go to the main forum page in order to access our forum though. Usually I just go to UserCP and go to my subscriptions....that way around didn't work...maybe next time?

A day spent watching the icy rain outside and football. Ice hanging from trees and wires..ugly. Right around 30 degrees...perfect for ice forming. It's a shame since it was "Small business Saturday" and the cute boutiques etc in our little town were hoping for a good business day. I was planning to go walk around the stores, but the weather just did not cooperate.

BIL is coming tomorrow morning and will be here until Tuesday morning. No cooking for me, other than breakfast, as they are planning to go out.

On Monday I have a Christmas party to go to with some of my golfing buddies and our long ago dissolved Red Hat group. It's a nice group of ladies. There are usually 15 or 20 of us. I didn't get to go last year since I was working the part-time gig, so looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday.

Tomorrow I have to get out to the grocery store and also hit the streets for a run. I've been a lazy slug for 4 days now! ACK!! Enough of that! Looking forward to getting back to Yoga on Tuesday morning.

Later!
  #652   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-18, 19:50

BF:

So glad to be back- Total football and food fest today. Total reboot tomorrow!- It was COLD and Raining here 40 and raining. ACK- Like you Lori- I needed to move- instead I took a 2 hour nap when the 2nd game came on- I curled up in front of the fireplace with pillows- and nested with a comforter, on a plush rug and bam 2 hours later...........

Here I was giving advice to BLUE- hey we have all fallen. But you know what makes us strong? We don't GIVE up- we get back up and try again!!!!!- I wasn't over the top (rice)- with roast- but still, I over ate it!
Tomorrow a new day- not like was a binge- it wasn't. But I am SO CONDITIONED that any carb is WRONG. I just don't know if that is a healthy way of thinking. I am in a total re-evaul right now. I am not looking for a comment. Just making one. -

I did personals on my email! - Back in full form tomorrow- fully awake after a 2 hour NAP!!!!!!!!!-
BTW- Buckeyes WON- Kicked ............ oh yea........

Have a great night
  #653   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 05:26

BF:

Good Morning!

I hear you on the reboot Jaz......I'm in an exercise reboot! I didn't necessarily overeat the past couple days, just ate some things I don't usually. Yesterday DH went to a local church that makes kettle cooked soups once a year and OMG.....they are so good. He got chicken corn & Ham & bean. I had some of both yesterday.....can you say carbs?? Not stressing. I was strict LC for 3 weeks and lost nothing, so what can it hurt?

Oh, and Jaz....I love the sound of your nest in front of the fire! How cozy!

I heard from my sister yesterday.....they are home from their Disney cruise. She said SO many screaming kids! She said the parents just left the kids run wild and she was almost knocked over on more than one occasion! She missed out on going to Disney on the day they were docked at Port Canaveral as she was dealing with the symptoms of a bladder infection. She had antibiotics along, so she was able to nip it in the bud. She just knew she couldn't ride on a bus for 2 hours to get to Disney World and then walk around all day. As it turns out, the kids walked over 9 miles that day, so she was glad she decided to stay on the ship. She did say it was a lonely day for her.

DH's brother will be here in a couple hours. Our son & Grandson are coming to go to breakfast with them. I'll cook tomorrow morning, but they can go out today! I have to go to the grocery store and stock up on some things and then get out for some exercise.

Hope it's been a good weekend for you all.
  #654   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 08:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho everyone!

Man, I swear it has been days since I have known what day of the week it is. Every day feels like Saturday or Sunday!

Things have been good here. Not on the WOE but in life and if I had to choose...! Now I know I can have both, yep, but man I do love me some Thanksgiving food that comes once a year. Delish!

T-day was great. Family, flag football, great food, kids singing around the piano etc. Just a wonderful day from start to finish.

Friday we hung out for the morning and then the 7 of us went to go see Ralph Breaks the Internet. We liked it overall, there were a couple of super funny scenes that had us all rolling. DS20 is a total softie too and he found it very sentimental. Theater was very crowded though- to get 7 seats together we had to sit on the second row. K and B went home after that and the rest of us (including DS20GF) went to a Korean BBQ place called Honey Pig. The boys love that place!

DS20 had some HS friends over Friday night, then DD and I left at 9:15 to go to the big Festival of Trees that we go to every year. We had a really nice time.

It's quiet here this morning. I've got laundry going- I have several loads to do. The boys spent the night at a friend's house last night but will be here later. DS16 has some work to do and a practice ACT test to take, and DS20 will watch Ravens with us and then he needs to be taken back to college. BUT he will be home in about three weeks time and for a whole month!

I can't tell if I told you guys about DS20's internship he was offered on Tuesday. Did I? If not, tell me because it's a pretty big deal and I want to share it with all of you!

Hugs hugs and more hugs. I know this was all about me but I wanted to check in since I haven't in a few days. xoooxxox
  #655   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 09:44

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco glad you enjoyed your holiday.
I don't remember your mentioning this internship...let us know. Sounds exciting for him.

Lori, bless her for going, no one could ever convince me to do a cruise with kids. ain't ever happening for this old gal HAHA
Sounds like you are gearing up for a lot of holiday fun etc. coming your way. I hear ya on the lazy. I am going on like a month of moving so slow and not giving one flying furball about anything at all. No interest in anything and I kinda don't care about that even LOL. Feeling more of slug tho than ever.

Jaz, I hear ya on the food plan. zero carb IS the way to go but can one sustain it. The science is super sound....but in this day and age of food can we hold this type of eating? I am wavering. Not cause I think a carb is healthy in any way, I just want some damn food back But for me, if I 'allow' this or that, it will only be a moment before I allow it all back uncontrolled. I can't control on carbs in my body. Point blank...YET I am still thinking of always finding ways to make that work. I don't want back damn broccoli or a friggin' 1/2 cup of rice. That is torture. I want back ice cream. French fries. Fried fish. Real NY bagels. A big BLT on toast.

One thing that is killing me and I have NO IDEA how to get this truly as a 'real thing' in my life is to accept the way I eat as all I need? Ya know? Like some never think about food or have a plan that they can easily love and do every day and not think twice. I think twice all the time Packing on some lbs and going off plan and fighting now with food again after quitting smoking....I am in a fight again point blank and don't know really how to fight anymore. My mojo is gone. Backsliding and gaining back is the easier path and I want easy now....ugh.
Eating so diff. than the family. ugh. Eating out is a nightmare for me. I pay top dollar for less food when I can eat it all at home for 1/4 the price I pay to eat out. Drives me bonkers. Then to always be with eaters who eat whatever they want and I 'stick' to my plan. Even tho tasty I am getting more and more jealous. Hubbyn home and he makes my food focus change a lot more now? What to do? I have no idea? I am in limbo kinda thing right now. Not sure to step left or right and not even wanting to bother with doing that kinda. I am hitting into a 'I don't give a shi* mode' and that is not a good place to be but I am there kinda.

I will think more on it. I this is 100% me. Not one other can truly help me make changes and hold to them. I just wish I could shut my eyes and say 'change to this way of eating' and never give it a thought again and I can't get there. I am SO over food being a focus in my life. Yet I am on that hamster wheel right now. Just circling with no clue.

Not an over the top I am dead to my plan type chat LOL I am holding on but a lot of food issues are coming up for me again and driving me batty and all the while I am losing mojo even.

don't panic reading this anyone, I go thru cycles of crazy on my food plan etc. but with allowing crap back while quitting smoking--I am now one of those who is having trouble going back to what does work and make me feel best. I will get there tho!!! Some damn way I will get a grip One thing I know is I have to do XYZ to feel good so.....

just blowing off steam on this damn food issue for me again. ugh

easy day

don't feel like doing a darn thing

great day all
  #656   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 09:58

BF:

Good New Morning!

Lori- What are kettle soups? Soups cooked in those big black kettles that serve hundreds of people? I have always wondered how those turn out? How do they SPICE those? Buckets of spice? WOW!
I will say though that strict LC and not losing a pound for 3 weeks would be hard to deal with especially since you work out as much as you do. However, I am UP 10 pounds over this time last year. An entire YEAR of no lose- and a gain instead!

Lets look at this though- You did a Marathon in Scotland no less!!!!! I think you are dealing with MUSCLE my friend! Lets not forgot you are back into running. - You are struggling with the last 5-10 pounds. Don't sweat the SMALL stuff! You are doing GREAT!
Lets commit to 30 minutes of SOMETHING today- I am going to just take a walk! - I gotta start somewhere. I am not running a Marathon just yet (wink). BTW- I am happy you have not changed your STATS- gives me hope! Think about from where you came FROM!!!!!
How long is your BIL staying? Is he the one that roams at night? Glad your sister for the most part getting out. I would have not been able to walk 9 fern miles either!

BLUE-- Is your weekend winding down? Can't wait to hear how your holiday went? I hope I didn't offend you about your kitchen. I just know how hard it is to stay on track. I am glad though that you are using the clothing test- it's a good one. I am hopeful that you are rounding the corner and can finally settle in and BREATHE!!!!

NIC - When do the kids all depart? Are the littles there as well? I can tell you are super busy! Looking forward to a post!!!!

TRIG-
- I bet you are feeling a bit better- I am hopeful!!!!!!
Is the hubby back yet from his hunting trip? Are you prepping for your Savannah trip? I am glad you get look forward to something coming up in 4 weeks!!!!
How is your WOE going? - Being sick for as long as you have can really wreck havoc on your body! UPDATE!
-----------------------------------------------------
Well, one holiday down- 2 to go. Although to be honest I don't do last on New Years Eve- or New Years day for that matter. That is usually a football day and I am cleaning for the new year!

I am headed out to help a c-worker put up her tree. I told her I would help he. She has lost both parents recently and her beloved dog and is an only child! - WOW- So I am am going to sorta help with that. I'm not staying long.
then I have to prep for the upcoming work week. I have to be downtown by 8 am tomorrow for a new employee coming in and needs set up! Busy week ahead.

Roast left over- need a new head of regular lettus- no romaine here.

Ok- I am doing 30 of walking today!!!!!!- If nothing else!

Have a great day all
  #657   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 12:28

BF:

Hi again!

Just in from my run/walk. After 4 days of being lazy, it was a bit of a struggle, but it's done.

Trig.....sorry you're having the mental battles right now. I'm right there with you. All we can do is our best every day. I get so sick of worrying about every damn morsel I put in my mouth. Especially when I stick to it and see no results. I am so in the same mindset as you right now.

Jaz....I can beat that. I just looked at my records and I'm up 15 or 16 lbs from what I was last November. And even then, I wanted 10 more pounds off, so that means I'm looking at 25 lbs!! I am beyond depressed. My downfall started last March when we went to Key West and I gained 5 or 6 lbs. Then trained for the Scotland 10k(not marathon!!), and didn't lose an ounce and maybe gained a few more. Then we go on the month long vacation/cruise in October and add another 7 or 8 lbs and here I am. I spent 3 solid weeks of November keeping track on My Fitness Pal, and staying strictly low carb and made zero progress. It is really a bit scary.

I was just out running and listening to a podcast about giving up calorie or carb counting and just listening to your body. Yeah...easy to say. It's the eat when you're truly hungry and not just bored or whatever and stop when you are satisfied. I think my "switch" is broken. I know I always eat past being satisfied. I'm sure I also eat when I'm bored or just because it's dinner time.

I know one of my biggest problems is cheese. Even if I only eat 2 or 3 ounces a day, I think it must be too much. Although, I have been doing that for years and could lose? When I think about giving up cheese, I have to wonder if it's worth it. It's not like I eat pounds of it a day! ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic......sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with lots of good family time. You did mention a little bit about your son's internship, but tell us more! What a great opportunity made possible by all his hard work!

Blue....missing you. Hope you pop back in here soon.

Time to hit the shower. I'm feeling cold now that I've cooled down from my run.
  #658   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 12:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I really think 'those who were leaner and thinner and healthier in the body mass index' type life was WAY BACK when.

before food 24/7
drive thru
order and deliver
food stores/vendors/restuarants ON EVERY single corner near our routes
boredom in life from not have to 'survive and grow food' and thrive for 'more' etc

so many stinking reasons we are F'D up to the max on food issues! Health issues! and so much more horrible from this 'techno, no want or need to fullfill' as a must in our lives.

ok, stop ranting.
holy heck I see it as a big picture of F'd up lifestyle and society and more but how in the heck do you navigate thru it all? Just saying I want change is one thing, doing is another and meaning it to last as a 'real thing' in one's life?????

opened a can of worms to think too much about this crap for myself now HAHA

off I go to get outside in the sun, milder weather so out is best for me and away from the puter….lol

Lori that listening to your body?? LOL I can't do it cause mind comes over that real fast when sniffing great food the other's are eating How much insanity can we take?? Where do we draw the line? SO personal a question I guess
  #659   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 20:04

BF:

Oh GREAT HONEST REAL DEAL POSTS!!!!!!!!!!

It screams addicts and honesty! I'm serious! It makes me want to cry so frekin honest the struggles we deal with. It doesn't "seem" fair some people skate though life and never worry- or they lose the weight and and great and never gain it back!
I hear you all so loud and clear - EVERYONE of us is not in a good eating place compared to last year. NIC- sorta was the best sounding- but on a slippery slope that could turn in a heart beat too( sorry being honest).

ALL of us!!!!- Being honest here as well- HELLO MY NAME IS JAZ and I LOVE FRIES- and could eat them every day. I could. You know I could easily weight 300 pounds. I know I could. It is just the daily fight that keeps me from it. I would never body shame someone for their weight- that could be me in a red hot second. And for some people they look at ME and think- dam, I would NEVER get that big.

Truth be told, after I lost all my weight and kept it off for 6 years- NEVER NEVER NEVER in a thousand years would I picture myself over the 200 mark AGAIN- EVER EVER!!!!!!! EVER- yet here I sit in struggle.

TRIG- I loved your post. I know it was hard to write and maybe now you wish you could go in and erase it. I do that too. I write stuff out and get it all out- and bam post then pray nobody sees it and edit it. But you know what- I'm glad you let it out there for us. Why? Because you said what we are all feeling.
What worked last year is not working now.
CARBS- we agree, the garbage is not healthy. CARBS CARBS AND MORE carbs is a recipe for disaster and DIABETES for at least ME, being so carb intolerant. It would not take much for me to cross over. I don't want that.

But what I am doing isn't working either. I am going to be super honest here. The thought of another dead piece of flesh on my plate isn't working. I no longer will eat a meat leftover. It's dead and dry and unappealing. I will admit the gravy is helping some on night one of a meal. After that- it gets pitched. I have been doing alot of salad, and fresh chicken and fish more than anything else.

Stir fry if fresh. I am so limited that dairy is off the table for me. Makes me less and less tolerant. I love cheese too. If I could do cheese sauce and cream this WOE would be so much more tolerant. So I am more tomato based stuff.

But - honesty here- my labs suck- and I am up 10 pounds from last year and tired of eating the same stuff day in da out. So I have added in a small bit of low carb veggies, kale, broccoli, slaw, cabbage, every now and again Brussel sprouts with spegetti squash. I have noticed I have seen more "processed" foods creeping into my foods- riced cali, salsa, frozen veggies.....

I am re-thinking what I am going to do. I know that I just can't and WILL not put on another pound. My clothes are so tight I am busting out of them or now wearing yoga pants when I am at home. Nothing tight. I am actually worried- that after Thanksgiving I need to put on a dress and go to the office tomorrow.

Trig- like you I am worried that if I give myself leeway- it will be a hog wilder. I am already gaining without the hog wilder.

Lori- I noticed you chimed in as well. But I will say that envy speaks when I say I would change places with you in a red hot second. But after doing this for as long as I have, its about being comfortable in your skin. It is relative. Does it bother you that your hubby is a meat and potatoes guy? Is that a temptation? I know you are exploring your options too!

BLUE- feel free to jump in here. No judgment here. I know I talked about your kitchen. I still feel it does give an edge rather than going out. But you too are looking at what might work for you going forward. Any thoughts?

Nic- not to leave you out- but you are sorta doing your version of LC???
-----------------------------------
What I DO KNOW is that we can and will get through this together. So in honesty- I have 60 pounds to get to goal- that is inconceivable to me.

Lori said she wanted to lose 25
I am not sure about BLUE/ TRIG- but I do know that we need to still keep coming here and being supportive.
In that vain- remember we are LC OUR way. I feel that what might work for me may not work for anyone else. I think that we now all have new goals- and are in a losing mode. It's what works for us. I think we are all in a somewhat fragile state and understanding and honesty as we work through our struggles is what brought us together to begin with. I am saying as we tweak and adjust we need grace first and foremost with ourself, and then with each other.

It has been a really hard year- looking back.Not to say I want to be stuck in past. But it has been a hard year for most of us. Harder than the year before.
So as we look ahead- I say we re-commit to ourself, each other and move to make positive changes in our life for next year.
I think that as long as we have breath there is potential for finding that place that finds us in a peaceful place that works.

It looks different for each of us. I know for me I need to make peace with the fact I have taken a pause from school, knowing I really have no desire right now to go back. I just don't. The older I get I know that everyday is a gift. The last thing I want to say when I go into the next life is - dam I wish I could have spent MORE time writing APA papers. NOT.

Ok- getting some hard thinking here and don't wish to dump a deep post. But- ya know maybe it is just the right time for new beginnings. It is never to late as long as we are not 6 feet under. Studies have shone that 90 year old men in a study were given a gym and a trainer and lost fat and gained flexibility and muscle. It doesn't matter.
NOW is the time! I know I am thinking about going back to my weight loss roots. It was low carb- 20 and under- but also 1600 calories and I worked out 30-60 minutes a day. I also didn't have cheats at all- I mean NONE. But is that workable now? I am asking myself that.

Thanks TRIG- for starting this conversation.

I might check in later tomorrow- need to be in the office at 8 am downtown.

JAZ

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Nov-25-18 at 20:19.
  #660   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 22:29

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals!

Man, such good posts, so much to say. Will do personals and then speak to all.

Trigger---I have watched you cycle thru these tough woe times many times. The fact that you stay on plan and as strictly as you do thru most of it is so admirable to me.

Just want to remind you that you HAVE been very happy on this woe, as have all of us at one time or another, and for extended amounts of time. Seems to me that maybe it's not only cyclical for you, but seasonal as well. You really struggle w/the winter months, even though to this northern gal what you guys call winter we call early spring.

But we are all effected by the lack of light this time of year, and for you I think, the lack of travel---jumping in your beloved RV and heading for the shore, fancy free. Of course you know, there is a name for this and appropriately it is SAD---Seasonal Affect Disorder. Do you think you suffer from this and if so, do you think it also messes with how you feel about food? Seems to me there may be a correlation there, in that when we have less of the things we love going on, food becomes a bigger player.

Jaz---You and Trigger seem to stay more strictly on plan more of the time than the rest of us, no offense to the rest of us. So I understand not getting the rewards of dropping pounds and feeling slimmer feels like a real kick in the A**.

I totally cheer you adding some variety to your woe. And the things you listed are healthy foods. They may not keep you zero carb, but they may keep you very low carb or just plain old low carb. And really, I think that's the best ticket in town, which I'll talk about below.

Seems to me you have been stressed out of your mind in this last year, but you're such a pip and such a fighter you have just been your own best cheer leader, pom-pommed yourself thru it all. But y'know, that stress is there and sometimes even growing while you try to stuff it under the bed. Hello cortisol extravaganza. I absolutely think that's a good part of the weight you've put on.

Really hoping for you that w/school gone for now, and the crazy hair tugger in bad boss time out forever, that you not only have more time for yourself, but more down time, more serenity. Serenity is such a fab thing, and so hard to get to.

Lori---I'm with you girl, I've got "a broken switch" too. But to be fair to us I think it's about how we define "satisfied." Seems to me, there's TWO levels of satisfied. One is, am I still hungry, do I need more food? The other level is, am I done enjoying the taste of this yet? For me, I've eaten enough considerably before I'm ready to give up the pleasure of the taste and the sensation of eating.

Not everyone is like this. I know people for whom the "two hungers" sync much more closely together, and when they're body full, they're all taste full. Portion control, and I hear you---it is absolutely my biggest eating issue.

Nic---First things first, move aside woe! I'm "mama proud" for you and with you. I so remember when your son was applying for colleges and all the work and effort and hope and sometimes disappointment that came with that process for him. But then just look at everything that has happened since then!

He's at an excellent and beautiful university, and he is excelling there like crazy, this internship the latest experience and reward, and I'm sure far from the last. Feels to me like he is exactly where he should be and running with ball like no one's business. You dang well should be proud of him to bursting.

On the woe thing, you seem very accepting to me of the ups and downs of this process...which doesn't mean I think you like it. Just that you kind of ride the waves as they come and can let it be a bit more than some of us. That's a good thing I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...hahahahahaha, all THAT said from the gal who hasn't been on plan AT ALL for weeks and weeks. What nerve, huh?!

Seriously though gals, I do empathize, I do remember these feelings, and I do expect to feel almost everything you gals are talking about again.

And yes Jaz, you're right, I could be back on plan right now doing the things you have suggested. I have tried to explain why that's not happening, but I realize I have concentrated on the current logistics of our kitchen in explaining how I feel (which are absolutely a big part of the story) but I need to say this part: I'm not ready to do that!

We have been thru no end of stress and work and adjustment and adaptation for months and months and NO, I'm not ready to wrestle with a pan or a crockpot, no counter space and boxes all around, (and ALWAYS something you need you can't find,) AND jump back on the woe like I never left it. I'm still pretty exhausted from these last months, and the work to get settled is not done and I'm not ready, to put an honest effort forward, and I don't want to bum myself out w/a bunch of false starts. Dang it feels good to say that.

I'm OK with choosing my time to re-committ and I'm Ok with saying I don't know exactly when that will be as of this very moment.

Here's what I DO know is true for me. I must go back to a low carb life but defining "low carb" as I go will be my focus. I may re-start as I did almost 6 years ago: 50 net carbs a day, focus on water. Then work myself down to less as it feels more comfortable. Jumping from off plan to strict plan is a deprivation pot hole for me, particularly at this point in time, and after the rigors of this last year, which I am still recovering from.

Here's what else I know. Carbs seem like the answer to happiness till you allow yourself to have them without a guard at the door. And there are moments of happiness when you can eat what you dream of eating. But then you feel bloaty and uncomfortable. You have less energy. You gain weight and can't wear the clothes you love. You have additional health problems caused by weight gain---doesn't have to be diabetes 2 or high blood pressure, can be as simple as more weight on your joints---like your knees for instance, and that begins to take its toll.

So gals, there's got to be an in-between here. All or nothing rarely works. Seems to me we're all looking for what's going to work for us now. Things change, sweet zones don't stay sweet, but rather need adjustments, something let out a bit here, taken in a bit there.

I'm n search of my new LC life. Seems like we kind of all are right now.
Closed Thread