Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

LOL - I see your point, but I guess my username isn't helping with that attitude ;-) I was just saying on one of the other boards that now that I've lost 75 pounds it is probably accurate - at my starting point I would have been "2 moderately overweight chicks" or maybe "3 kind of anorexic chicks" ;-)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 18:57
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Wow, thanks everyone for taking the time and for the great responses I really appreciate everyone's thoughts on the matter, support and letting me vent on the subject.

I just came back from dinner at my local restaurant I am sort of like a "Norm" from the Show Cheers. They all know me and always are very warm and engaging when hubby and I come.

One waitress there is very sweet to me. She is a skinny 5'4 italian girl. had two boys and went back down to her weight. completely envious of her in that respect

She noticed I lost weight several weeks back. And I told her. She asked how with genuine interest. I told her about it. And she said she got gestational diabetes. And the doctors where yelling at her to cut out the carbs or she stay that way permenantly.

And she is like GOd love ya I surely couldn't do what you have to do. I tried and I couldn't hack it.

So tonight we went in again for dinner. And she stood talking to us about my weight loss, just amazed by it and what I am doing and how much strength it takes to do it. And that I didn't have to have surgery. Told me about two friends that had the gasteric done. How one has just about gained most of her weight back. And how the other lost a bunch of weight, gained a little back and is now holding steady.

And iterated to me again, that there is no way she could ever do what I am doing with how I am having to eat.

That made me feel real good. But I think she is of a select few to know what struggle one of her two friends went through and then also had the experience of temp diabetes.

Again thanks so much for your stories and thoughts It is truly appreciated
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Well, she can't do it now. However the day may come and when she thinks about it she may think "Well if lovinita can do it maybe I can too." You are a good positive example.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 19:15
Triple digit loss

BF:
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
3 Pugs!? Wow! Very cool!! I all dogs!

Just for you Judy, I uploaded a pick of them, as they are doing a pug pile.

Quote:
I had to get past the fact that how I look had transformed dramatically and that most people would have a dramatic reaction when they saw me first time after the loss. Many did not know who I was! :yikes:

I am going home to Ohio for my parents anniversary. My dad says to me how will we recognize you Miss Skinny? I said well dad my loud voice/laugh has never changed. He just laughed.

Quote:
I know that I inspired others to take action. That made me feel great!

That is truly amazing to know your weight loss not only effect your self but had an effect on the world around you!

Quote:
its also learning a whole new aspect of being in life. Its not always wonderful but its a whole lot easier than being so big.

Never really thought about it that way.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 19:18
Triple digit loss

BF:

Very true inflammable, I just hope the day never comes for her. She is a very beautiful women with a terrific body.

I hope she never has her gestational diabetes reoccur on her in permament form.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-13, 20:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
Just for you Judy, I uploaded a pick of them, as they are doing a pug pile.

I am going home to Ohio for my parents anniversary. My dad says to me how will we recognize you Miss Skinny? I said well dad my loud voice/laugh has never changed. He just laughed.

That is truly amazing to know your weight loss not only effect your self but had an effect on the world around you!

Never really thought about it that way.

LOVE the pug pile!

Your parents will be so proud of you and happy for you!!

ps- it drives me nuts when those who are clearly not fat obsess about their imagined fat!!