Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 11:03

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default stuck, stuck stuck stuck! :(

Arghhh! I need some encouragement please

I've been doing induction for 3 months, and I've only lost 4 lbs!! The last 4 weeks have been CKD, which is induction during the week, with a 36 hr carb load on Fri night/Sat. I've been monitoring fat loss, and even though I've only lost 4 lbs of 'weight', I've lost a good 4% body fat. Intellectually, I know this means I am not "stuck", but I'm having a hard time getting any emotional satisfaction out of such a small number move. Stepping on the scale and seeing the numbers just not budge is so very disheartening.

I was doing 2000 calories, 120 g protein, less than 20 carbs (mostly greens and veggies) and the rest of the calories from fat as per CKD instructions. I have indeed seen some nice size changes, am wearing pants I couldn't get into a month ago, and I've seen some nice energy and strength increases. I just want it all to happen FASTER!!!

I'm currently upping my water, reducing my cals to about 1500 and keeping the carb/protien grams as they are. I've also limited the carb-up to about 6 hours on Friday night, and I'm doing it with mostly good food - no junk. Work-out wise, I go to the gym 4 days a week, with 40 mins rotated weight training and 20 mns cardio.

Does anyone have any encouragement or suggestions? I know I'm being silly and short-sighted, but I could sure use a boost of support. <weak grin>

Cheers!

FridayEyes
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 16:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/179/150
BF:45.1/43.3/??
Progress: 51%
Smile

Hi Fridayeyes
I also lose very very slowly most of the time only a lb every 2 weeks. I did find I had to up my calories and my carbs to 25-30grams and I do better. I try to get my calories up to 10-12x my weight. I don't dare go off or I have a gain. I am only on Atkins and that doesn't allow going on higher carbs on weekends. I do have a thyroid problem that is taken care of with meds, but that doesn't help weight lose. You might try not doing the weekend carb over load. that might be stalling you.
Bev
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 16:24

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there......

I wrote an entry in my journal today about this very subject. The scale has been sticking for me for the last month, and I really felt a need to make a list of reasons why I don't need to let that be a problem.

You are wise to look to the forum for support....and might I suggest that you start a journal. That will give the rest of us a place to visit you and offer inspiration and information.

If you know that you are eating right and you are getting exercise, something has got to give eventually! Hang in there.....and don't give up.

Marlaine
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 18:58

BF:
Talking Woo HOO!

How prophetic that something had to give! <wink>

217 last night and 214.5 this morning! <dances and cheers!>

I'm flabbergasted that one day can have made so much difference. I cut out cheese, diet soda, aspartame and Carb Solutions bars. I limited this week's carb-up to one Heller hour on Friday and another for Sat breakfast (I either never left ketosis or was back in by Sat night), kept my calories under 2K and limited my Carb Solutions shakes to two per day.

I'll stick with getting rid of the soda, aspartame, carb bars and cheese, and with keeping the cals in the 1750 range. I'll also watch the Carb shakes and monitor the Friday night carb up to see if I stall again. I'd forego it altogether and gladly, but I do notice that it impacts my workouts the more I limit it.

I also discovered Fitday.com and all I can say is WOW. I'm going to make my journal there public.

Thanks bunches to both of you for posting when I needed it most. I was getting pretty near the end of my rope frustration-wise.

Cheers!

FridayEyes
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 19:12

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Friday, good to hear that things are improving Have you had a look through the CKD forum ? You might find some good tips/hints there to help you further. You might also try posting some of your question there as well - both Fern and Trainderdan follow the CKD and I am sure they could help you out immensely.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 22:07

BF:

Hi, Nat!

I did post over in CKD about 2 weeks ago, but no responses as of yet. I'm pretty happy with the work-out side of things, and my brother is a trainer, so I can always go to him. The caveat there is that I have to put up with LC bashing if I do. :P

That's ok, tho, when he's married, 40 and our family genetics catch up with him, I'll just hand him my copy of Atkins and smile.

Cheers,

Friday
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 10:11

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

*lol* Friday

If you haven't received an answer, try bumping your post up to the top of for forum.

Nat
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 13:00

BF:

Here's a link to my journal over at fitday.com

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...2&Month=5&Day=3

Cheers!

Friday
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 07:24

BF:

:::does a happy dance a la Tom Cruise in Risky Business::::

Another pound gone - 213 this morning!!

My protein was very high yesterday. Will try to hit that again today and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Friday