Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 04:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/180/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 34%
Angry Extremes????

I was looking at a picture of myself from two years ago, and I feel that I can tell that my face looks thinner now than it did back then. I was told that I look exactly the same now and I need to stop going to extremes to lose weight??? WTF?

Two years ago I went to Sono Bello and had lipo. If I had followed a diet and exercise plan afterwards as suggested, I would have lost weight and had an easier time keeping it off. It failed, because I did not follow the aftercare instructions. I was looking for an easy way to get rid of all this fat I carry around. I have since educated myself on my failure, and I know that the only way, for me, that I am going to truely lose the weight and feel good about myself is to take this one moment at a time, and stay strong, continuing to educate myself. I struggle with self-image, and I struggle with food, and I probably always will. But, I am learning, and teaching myself to make better choices. That comment just had me so down all weekend, I wanted to throw in the towel and eat my way through the rest of my life. I am proud to say that I am still plugging along one moment at a time.

How do you deal with negativity when it comes to your journey? I just wanted to hide in my room and cry all weekend.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 09:23

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/208/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 81%

Don't be so hard on yourself! Losing weight is hard!
Otherwise we would all have perfect little bodies....

By the way, welcome to the forum!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 15:54
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgost23
How do you deal with negativity when it comes to your journey? I just wanted to hide in my room and cry all weekend.

First, welcome. This is a great forum with helpful people who have "been there, done that" too.

Maybe the reason nobody notices a change in you is that they are too self-centered to care about others. Giving the person more credit than that, maybe you're one of those lucky people who carry the extra weight well. I'm like that. People usually think I weigh 20 lbs less than I actually weight. That doesn't help with my self esteem, though. When I used to have TOM (I'm post menopausal) my hormones determined lots of my emotional responses to nasty remarks by other people. I can't tell you how many times I either cried or ate my way through those weekends.

If you're really determined to adopt this WOeating as a WOlife, then you've come to the right place for ongoing, generous information and support.

Find a thread and read, decide on which specialty LC eating plan you want to try. Go for it!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 16:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgost23
I was told that I look exactly the same now and I need to stop going to extremes to lose weight??? WTF?

But, I am learning, and teaching myself to make better choices. That comment just had me so down all weekend, I wanted to throw in the towel and eat my way through the rest of my life. I am proud to say that I am still plugging along one moment at a time.

Congrats on making a life long decision to improve your health!

How to deal with the negativity... consider the source? Was it said out of love, concern or jealousy, envy? My advice, don't let it get to you and certainly DON'T let it make you eat OFF plan!

Wishing you continued success on your journey to a healthier YOU!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 17:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

When you view yourself with such negativity it is easy to succumb to temptation and bad habits. After all, you're not worthy of success in your eyes.

You need to learn how to turn that around and value yourself IMHO.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 21:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/180/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 34%

Thank you all. I know I need to work on my view of myself, and stop letting the negativity of others in. I have been bopping around this site, looking at other people's journals, and posts, and that has helped me feel less alone on this journey to a new me, and a new life. I am determined, and I WILL learn how to love myself better.