Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 19:31
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I really like it. It hasn't caused me problems, but I started having only a piece a couple times a week. I had also been on Atkins for a few months first.

I think you will like it.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 19:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/154.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll try some tomorrow...I am too hungry for bread right now to trust myself with "just one" slice.
Thanks agan!
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 23:45

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I bought a loaf of Orowheat bread the other day and I eat it for breakfast with 2 eggs. It is very tasty and has only 5 1/2 grams of carbs per slice. It is a little thinner than the average slice of bread but it does not take anything different from whole grain bread. It does have some bad sweeteners but hey, 5 1/2 grams!!! I am hooked and eat no more than 1 slice per day. Pepperidge Farm is also getting on the low carb wagon. Watch for it in YOUR neighborhood.

Black57
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 11:59
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Nature's Own bread makes a version called "Wheat and Fiber" or "Bread and Fiber" or something like that. It's available in Super Wal-Marts for like $1.88 a loaf.

It tastes just like regular wheat bread, and has only 5 net carbs per slice. Lots of fiber, too! I have maybe two or three slices a week -- keep the loaf in the fridge and just thaw out a piece as you need it.
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by woode
...They are labeled as having 2g of carbs, although the "Hidden Carbs Calculator" somehow translates it into 13g. I guess that I don't understand the logic of the calculator. In any case, I used them regularly throughout the Atkins induction phase & lost 30 pounds in a month, so they can't be too bad! ...
Water Bagel
Ingredients: Unbleached Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast
Net Wt. (each) 84g
Serving size - 1 bagel
Amount per serving
Calories: 70
Calories from fat: 4
Total Fat: 0g
Sat Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 10mg
Total Carbs: 2g
Fiber: <1g
Sugar: 1g
Protein: 2g
Reg. PA Dept. Agri

You just plain got lucky! Those senstitive to carbs wouldn't have had as much luck.

There are 70 calories in there and only 2 grams of Protein, 2 grams of Carbs and 0 grams of fat (as declared). There is definitely and without a doubt an error in the label because there are 62 calories not accounted for, that must be carbs because FLOUR is the majority ingredient in the Ingredient List. Wheat Flour, 90% Starch (yeah, carbs).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings for anybody else who might want to eat these but shouldn't.
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 19:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I don't know what part of Virginia you live in but if you're close to Winston-Salem or Greensboro there are two great healthfood stores that carry great bread. LowCarbDepot has a Rye bread that's delicious. Also, CHEATERS brand has a great cinnamon/raisin and "toaster" bread.
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 05:48

Stats: 150/143.3/138 Female 5'5"
BF:27.9
Progress: 56%
Default Keto Quick Bread

I made the Keto Quick Bread - Banana Flavor. It makes one 9.5 inch loaf but I made it in 3 mini loaf pans so I could freeze two to keep it fresher. It's a good thing I did! The first mini loaf I ate lasted 3 days. On the 3rd day, it had gone rancid! Nowhere on the label does it say to store in the frig. I didn't think I was in danger since it's fall here now and fairly cool and dry. When I thaw the remaining loaves, I will do so in the frig and keep them in there.

About taste; its a bit rubbery like most L/C breads. Kind of like eating a banana flavored sponge. I can deal with that. I spread soft cream cheese on the slices for breakfast. It was fine until this morning when it went bad.
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 06:43
Contributing Member

Plan: Protein Power (loosly)
Stats: 165/158/158 Female 5'8"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 100%

Hi everyone, I still find that the store bought bread I found is the best since I hate all the one's you make yourself. The home made benifits are not that great over this: "Nature's own" Wheat 'n Fiber bread.
Per slice:
Total Carbohydrate...7g
Dietary Fiber...........2g
Sugars.......0g
Protein........6g

web site: www.naturesownbread.com

This bread is made by
"Flowers foods Bakeries
1925 Flowers Circle
Thomasville, GA 31757

I don't know if you could request that your grocer stock it or not, but it's just great tasting and you can't tell it from other breads.
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 16:23
Registered Member

Plan: Sugarbusters
Stats: 215/130/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

I just wanted to let you guys know about my experience with Synergydiet.com. Maybe you can spare yourselves the headaches my dealing with them caused me. I ordered from them using a coupon code. I followed the directions on the coupon, which required ordering over $65 worth of products and even bypassing the free shipping for the 2 day shipping. The coupon said that the doubling of items (which is what the coupon was for) would not appear on the invoice and not to worry when it's not on there.

When I got my shipment I saw the company had not honored the coupon doubling my order. When I called the manager at their store I was dissapointed when she was rude and verging on hostile towards me. She told me the coupon was no longer valid. When I asked her why it was still online then, she told me "someone must have forgotten to take it off." Stunned I told her that as a reputable company they should honor any coupons with no expiration date listed. She basically told me, 'tough, you're out of luck'. When I asked her why someone didn't contact me when they saw the coupon code on my order to tell me they wouldn't be honoring the coupon she told me in a nasty tone that "the manager probably didn't have time to call." At this point I told her it was their responsability to take enough time to provide good service to their customers. I told her I wanted the coupon honored, or at the very least, to honor it up to $10 which is what I paid extra for the shipping just so I could use the coupon. She refused both, her tone impatiant and rude. She further told me returning (even if I drove it up that day, which I was tempted to do despite the distance because I was so upset) was not an option. Overall, the manager was rude and hostile and never once apologized for the mistake. I would never order from them again.

Just thouht I share my experience. Maybe one of you will order your low carb products elsewhere and avoid similar hassles.
  #130   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 23:19
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up At Hannaford, Arnold Lower Carb bread

I am rather excited about this. Today at the store on an end cap, was a sign saying low carb bread. Well of course, that caught my eye! I looked at one called low carb bread but it had 12 grams of carbs in it. Then I saw Arnold Lower Carb Mult-Grain Bread, with 6 net carbs! (3 fiber). Then I looked at the price only $2.99 for a full loaf, I'm talking the size of a normal loaf of bread! Sliced! Well I bought it and brought it home.
I of course ran it through the hidden carb detector, it was accurate!

Heres the label:

Calories 60
Total Fat 1g (unsaturated)
Sodium 125mg
Total Carbs: 9
Fiber 3g
Protein 4 g

Now the important thing, taste. It tastes like slightly buttered bread. It has a bit more spongy texture but tasty. What's nice is that you can have a sandwhich again. My roommate wants to make french toast, I'll let you know how it went.
  #131   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protien power
Stats: 164/149/130
BF:
Progress: 44%
Thumbs up

At Hannaford also (NH Claremont Area) Country Kitchen brand bread had a red sticker that said "lo carb only 8 grms". Actually it was less cause that was the carbs before subtracting the fiber. It was the oat bread and was the same size and slice size as the lo fat breads.
I ate so much of what we called the skinny bread that I am used to the thinner slices. The taste of the one that had the sticker is equal to the other. I am pleasantly pleased.
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 11:35

Stats: 245/215/195 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress:

LifeStyle Bread has a wholesome whole wheat flavor, is full of fiber and has a near perfect texture! Only 4 net carbs per slice...

This bread is the newest bread for low carbers.

I love it.

http://www/lifestylebread.com

Nutrition facts:
http://www.lifestylebread.com/image...t/nutrition.gif
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 13:43

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Demoulas has it too (and lots of other LC items)
  #134   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 16:08
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 169/156/140 Female 5 ft 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

hi all! I just bought a new bread today it is called golden crunch lo-carb bread by natural ovens bakery. I live in michigan and got it at a store called nino salvaggio. It has only 3 g. net carb perslice!!!!! I really like it it is quite a treat!!! for those of you that do not like seeds in your bread this one has them. I just had a piece with real butter all over it and it was great! the only downfall? 5 dollars a loaf but to have guilt free bread for me it is worth it! I just keep it in the freezer and pull it out as I need it. The wonderful thing about this bread was that it was fresh not frozen.
becky
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 20:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%
Default Arnolds "lower carb" bread

has anyone tried it? only 6g net carbs per slice, tastes like real bread, unlike other low carb breads. comes in white, whole wheat, 7 grain, raison