Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-09, 16:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/203.6/170 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

DAUUUUMMM, Samantha... that looks sooooooo good!! I think I'll make it again soon, too!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 22:20

Plan: Moderate Protein Atkins
Stats: 175/160/165 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 150%

Can I make riced cauliflower without a microwave oven ?
  #108   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 09:31
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianJ
Can I make riced cauliflower without a microwave oven ?

I don't use the microwave for mine.
I boil mine for 6-8 minutes on the stove, then I either grate it or put it in the food processor.
  #109   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 05:35

Plan: Moderate Protein Atkins
Stats: 175/160/165 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 150%

Do you think grating it when it's raw and cooking it later would work the same?
  #110   ^
Old Sat, May-23-09, 13:45

Plan: Greysheet
Stats: 170/170/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for this one!
  #111   ^
Old Sun, May-24-09, 18:27

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

I'm salivating over here. Can't wait to try these.
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Jun-06-09, 08:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/209/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I made one last night, I used frozen cauli and then grated it once cooked. I put the mixture on greaseproof paper, but it stuck quite badly, so wouldnt recomend this. I flipped it to cook the other side too. I used mozarella, pizza sauce and pepperoni for the top. Was pretty tasty, but quite cheese-heavy, could only eat half.

I guess a good recipe if you are missing pizza!! Although my fav part was probably the bread lol!!

Think I might try it next time with a pesto sauce and chicken topping...
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Jun-13-09, 16:31

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I just made this for dinner tonight. I wish I had been able to figure out how to flip the crust and cook on the other side without having the whole thing come to pieces. I cooked it about 20 minutes for a single recipe (not doubled) but the crust still came out a bit on the floppy side so I had to use a fork and could not hold it.

Other than not nearly enough oregano it was totally awesome in taste though. But now I know I need to go heavier on the oregano next time to get the taste I'm used to from pizza places around here.
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Jun-13-09, 16:36
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Don't mind me, just subscribing to this thread.
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-10, 11:18
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

I came back to find this recipe. My entire family loves it. They have no clue that it's made w/ cauli.

Bumping this for anybody who's looking for a great LC pizza recipe.
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-10, 18:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/167/155 Female 5'9"
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 84%

I made this tonight with zuchini. OMG So. Good. I've made in the past with cauliflower, But I might like the zuchini better...except I ate the whole thing. Might be too much cheese, but YUMMMMMMMY.
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 19:41
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Have you guys tried the stuffed crust version, too?

Are you a fan of Pizza Hut's Stuffed Crust but left it by the wayside when you began your Atkins journey?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y7...pg?t=1242423133 <--stupid image won't upload.

Cauliflower Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
Parmesan cheese
3-4 packets of string cheese (individual)
pizza or alfredo sauce**
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press out evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe). Remove from oven while pizza is golden but without turning edges dark.

Remove the pan from the oven. Allow to cool slightly (say, 15 minutes. This is important; you don't want to melt the cheese). Run a metal spatula around the outside edge of the crust to loosen it from the pan.

Working with string cheese, peel each into 3-4 strips. Take each strip and place them around the perimeter of the crust, making sure all strips are touching (for a thicker edge, use half to an entire piece of cheese per section). Carefully, roll the edge of the crust over to cover the cheese, and press down into the top of the crust. Continue working around the pan until the entire pizza's edges have been folded and pressed over the cheese.

Place pizza in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool completely.
After removing the crust from the refrigerator, and prior to baking, add sauce, toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **. Remove the pizza from the oven and slice through the center only, halving the pizza (you'll see why in a moment).

At this point the cheese in the crust will not be melted.

Reheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Bake pizza for 10 more minutes. Check to see if crust cheese is gooey by lifting up slightly near the cut line with a spatula. Bake until cheese in crust is melted and goo effect is achieved through the spatula lift test (should take no longer than 15 minutes). With practice, you won't need to cut the pizza anymore.

Serve warm. Can be reheated perfectly, and the cheese re-melts.

Serves: 8

Nutritional Information for 4-pieces string cheese around edge: 207 calories, 13 grams fat, 3 net carbs, 1.5 grams fiber, 18.5 grams protein.

Nutritional Information for 8-pieces string cheese around edge: 279 calories, 17 grams fat, 4 net carbs, 1.5 grams fiber, 24 grams protein.

Notes:

*I use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater (you can use a food processor), and then measure for the recipe. (Don't pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.)

** The pizza sauce I use is Great Value Pizza sauce from Wal-Mart. At only 4 net carbs per quarter cup, you get a lot of punch for little carbohydrate pow.

More tips.
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 21:14
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Oh look, it's the lovely Cleo back with more lovely food!

Wait till my 13 year old sees this. I bet I can get a week of good behavior out of the promise of one pizza.
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 22:18
Registered Member

Plan: low carb.
Stats: 191.5/155/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 116%

I made this for the first time tonight (well technically the second time I did try yesterday but didn’t use parchment paper and it stuck to my pan to much for it to be edible) and I can't believe how good it was! I made the crust as thin as possible and just put pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese on it and it was amazing! I used paper towel to soak up all the extra moisture before cooking to make it crisper.

I avoided trying the recipe for a long time because I hated all the other pizza crusts I've tried (flax seed, pork rinds ect.) and now I regret not trying this recipe years ago!

I ate mine dipped in ranch dressing just like I used to with 'normal' pizza and I didn't even miss the flour crust!
Definitely a keeper for me.
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 23:31
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi, PJ! I miss you even though we're on Facebook together! It's good to be in touch.

Aldrina, I'm so glad it was a hit! I love the cauliflower and the zucchini bases.