Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Jul-31-09, 18:38

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Any you've made excellent progress. You've worked really hard and it sure shows!! Your back and legs are getting so defined, your hips are smaller, and your delts bigger. VERY nice!! Oh, and...you look great in those shorts!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Aug-01-09, 09:18

Plan: Lean protein-veggies
Stats: 150/112.2/115 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 108%

Hi Deb!!!! Thanks sooo much for your encouragment!!!...it don't want to sound vain...but I have to admit that I have made great progress since jan....I am working very hard on my shoulders and legs..and I am happy to see results...

I know that I would look much better ( with less body fat % ) if I had been more strict with my diet and with cardio....but it is real life...and perfection is only in our minds...

thanks again for your comments!!
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 19:18

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

My August picture.....I've got a lot of fat to get rid of to get back to my 2006 self, but I also actually have more muscle now as well. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_njBljrZd4...0-h/8-11-09.jpg
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 11:33

Plan: LC/LF + weights & cardio
Stats: 158.0/138.8/135.0 Female 5'7 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

I commented in your journal, but I'll put it here too:

I think your whole upper body looks smaller, your shoulders look muscular, and I see an hourglass shape happening, (sexy! )
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 10:17

BF:

OK, here it is- my August/ 40th birthday progress picture! Needless to say, I'm nowhere near where I had hoped to be by now, but it's been more due to some major life changes & stuff, rather than out of sheer laziness or binging, (haven't binged or overeaten in a really long time now!) Remember, I promised I'd wear shorts for this one, so try really hard not to barf, you guys! As you can see I've gained enough pudge to cover the nice quads I'm developing, and my abs aren't nearly as defined as they were back in May. Oh well, I've gotten a few of the pounds back off again and I'm headed back down the scale now, so my next pics will be WAY better!

#96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 10:22

BF:

WOW Lena!!! You have made excellent progress! Your legs look GREAT! And your upper body is filling out and balancing your entire body so well. EXCELLENT, excellent progress! These are the best pictures of you yet!

I might have to start running again after all.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 10:25

BF:

THANKS, Deb! Yeah, I've been working really hard on losing the bowling pin shape, (so many push-ups, rows, flies, presses and attempted pull-ups)...

Oh- and even though I've gained weight, my cellulite has diminished a great deal!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 12:33

BF:

You look so much harder and defined. Very good progress.

#99   ^
Old Wed, Aug-19-09, 12:38

BF:

HEEEEEEY, not too shabby, huh? (Tan helps too)...

Ha ha, look- In one pic you can see my bad leg tattoo & in the other pic you can't! I was posting my pics in my family blog before, and I cover my tattoos in them because I don't want certain family members to freak out on me...

Last edited by iwantwings : Wed, Aug-19-09 at 17:37.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 13:23

BF:

Hi Ladies!!!

WOWWW Lena great progress!!! your legs look slimer and more muscular...your inner thighs look smaller and your arms look great as always!!!!

I think that having such as great progress is the best way to celebrate your 40s....

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 15:18

BF:

Eeek! 140.6 I'm feeling quite ashamed of myself.

#102   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 18:39

BF:

Deb I just want to say: I wish I could look as beautiful, slim and muscular as you look at 140 pounds!!!!

I think you look beautiful, you have a perfect shape...I love your muscles... and I can not see the " fat" in your legs...where is it????....

Ok I will take my progress pic right now...Deb when is your birthday? as you I want to have some progress for that date...
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 19:47

BF:

Firt of all : sorry for the bad quality of the pics...I had to take the pics with my cell phone..because I did not have my cam here....and as I said before.. I made just a little progress since our last pics...but I am sure I am going to make much more progress for our next progress pics!!!

My biceps don't grow ....maybe because I just lift 15 pounds dumbells...I don't know why but I can't curl with more weight...

By the other hand my abs are improving...even though I don't train them as I should ...

In general terms my legs look fine...my biggest problem are my inner thights and hamstrings...but I am working very hard on that!!!

#104   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 20:40

BF:

Wow Any....you managed to find some very nice things to say about my awful picture! Thank-you!

I know you look great from those recent pictures you posted while on your vacation. Even in the bad lighting, those fine abs of yours are still showing!
We'll have better pictures next month (Sept.22) when we post for my birthday

I know that's not far away...but I'm going to work VERY hard to get some fat OFF!

How many reps are you doing in your sets for biceps? And what exercises?
Next work-out you get the 20s and even if you have to swing them up for 4 or 5 reps of hammer curls, that is what I would suggest you do.
I've been training my mother who is 81 years old, and she could do 26 reps with 10s, but would fuss anytime I tried to get her to use the 15s....she's using the 15s now. She went from 4 to 6 reps in a week!
So...you go into that gym next bicep work-out and you tell yourself that you're not going to let some 81 year old woman curl more than you.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 10:51

BF:

Deb- WOW, gosh, your arms are AMAZING!!!

You know, it's so funny to me how we're we're made so miserable by the "stuff" we don't like about our bodies, and we feel like we're in a constant, terrible, losing battle with it. It becomes larger than life in our heads, but in actuality, when you really look at our pics, it's SO LITTLE! It's really just a month or two worth of buckling-down and working on it, and it would be completely gone!

Any- OMG, your abs are looking SO AWESOME!!!!

Everyone is doing great- let's keep going! Onward to Deb's B-Day now!!!