Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-05, 08:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Wow Stacie!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!

Well, it's Friday and I've gotten in two of my four workouts for the week, so guess what I'm doing this weekend. I've remembered my supplements about 25% of the time, so I'd better get moving on that goal.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Debbie
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-05, 09:43

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

Stacie - WhooHoo! A 4-lb loss - that is SOOOO great! DEFINITELY worth staying on plan and on track for!

Debbie - Don't worry - you'll get those last two WO's done. As for the supplements, eh - just keep at it - I'm lucky I even remember to take my multi much less anything else! I've spent so much $$ on trying this supplement or that supplement, it's enough to make one's head ! lol

Dawn - Oh my! I was laughing sooo hard at your commentary about TRYING to go to the gym! Heck - just the effort of posting all that was probably a good workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLarge
I'm back, WHO IN THE HELL HAS BEEN IN MY JOURNAL!!!!!! Looks like you tried to clean up, but I found a beer bottle under the sofa, and it's not my brand. Not to mention the spring line of Victorias Secret that was left laying around. Okay, sorry, that was my little add in! A man can dream can't he???

Heh Heh! Well....at least we TRIED to clean up the mess! Oh, and remind me to send you my mailing address so you can send my lingerie back, 'k?! j/k

KIM - Hey you! We are having "colorful post withdrawals" over here! C'mon back sweetie!!!

Donna, Michelle, Akasha, Pink (oh I hope I didn't forget someone!) - How are you all doing? Remember, we don't ask for much - "walking & breathing" will do!

#93   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-05, 11:36
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

I have got in 2/3 days on the ab challenge and getting ready to get todays done. Here it is the weekend again already. Hope everyone has a good one!

Ellen- "Still walking and breathing" I am still here and always will be!
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-05, 12:52

Ab work is done for today! I'm 3/3 so far. I am most definitely declaring Saturday & Sunday as my "off" days! I find it to be somewhat more difficult to do ANY workouts on the weekends anymore - except for the usual housecleaning, etc.!

Have a great weekend everyone!

#95   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 09:17

Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Happy Monday!!!

I have to admit this weekend was tough for me, but I stayed on track. We had a huge family pig roast to go to on Saturday. So I ate before we left which helped a lot. There were lots of things there for me to eat like of course pig, but there were veggies as well. The only hard part was staying away from the salsa. I know salsa is ok to eat but chips combined make it a binge food for me. So I have to stay away from it all together. The whole time my DH kept trying to get me to try it (he knows how much I love salsa), but I knew if I took one bite it would be over. I am so proud of myself and of course I just feel better knowing I didn't cave.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 11:17

Plan: My Own, Reading Labels!
Stats: 322/259/223 Male 5' 10"
BF:???????
Progress: 64%
Default Hi Everyone...

How's your summer going? I've missed all of you and I'm thinking of coming back. This is the first time I've looked in here since July 5th. I can't believe Dawn started a challenge named "Peeps" LOL - when I first called you all "my peeps" I never knew it would stick so well!!

This challenge being all about exercise is right up my alley. I am in need of getting back on that treadmill and sticking to it. I never have a problem losing weight or staying on low carb when the treadmill is a big part of my week. That's my weakness which is kind of surprising seeing it's also something I absolutely love. I need to figure out why I fall away from it and stop blaming my lack of time on it.

As a matter of fact, later on today or tonight I will read the "rules" and post my goals but most immediately, I am going to get on the treadmill for my "lunch time" today! No more excuses!

Can't wait to catch up with all of you!! Hope all is well!

Dan
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 11:27

WhooHoo! We've got our OTHER slice of Manwich back!

Welcome back to the fold, Peepster Dan!!!

#98   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 12:33
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Wow look what the cat drug in!! Glad to have our "Manwich" back. Welcome back Dan and jump right in.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 22:30

Dawn & Donna - I sure hope you two got your ab work in today for our little mini-challenge 'cuz I sure didn't! *sigh* Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

#100   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 12:44

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

O.K. here I am. "Walking and Breathing" are about it for now. I am taking a vitamin every morning now, getting my water in, and have cut out the caffeine completely, and layed off the nuts for awhile. All positives. However that is NOT what the challenge is about and I am vowing to try and get into it. My problem is my day-- and finding a place to put in a workout-- seriously. This isn't a problem about me finding the couch and never moving again. Hell I haven't even been on the computer but once or twice a week lately.

Here's a day in my life:
5:30 up and getting ready for day, get kids up, feed them, send them off to school as daycare children begin to arrive, work with my daycare kids until 5:00 PM (only about 1/2 hour of that time is "naps" where everyone is asleep and I use that time to communicate with parents via email and do paperwork-- and of course try and sneak in here), then I have to be at school by 5:30 and that goes until 10:00 pm, get home and pack lunches, make sure everyone has clean clothes for the next day, put in a little study time and by then it's like 12 or 1 and I drop dead into bed!

So-- no more excuses I don't care how busy my day is. Dan said it best- I feel best when I exercise, and eat best then. Also I have more energy and need less sleep. I have to think less about fitting in an hour class and spend 10 minutes here and there on abs or weights and then use weekend time (although as busy!) with the cardio. Then that would leave one day a week to try and fit another cardio into my crazed schedule. Could be do'able.

Although I failed miserably in the abs challenge (yes, I know I was the one that created it! ) I'd like to try it again. Anyone up to trying again for the next week? We'd start tomorrow and get 2 off days of our choice and finish next Tuesday. That would be 5 days of abs within 7 days. If you not up for the mini challenge not a problem... anyone want to be my concience and hold me accountable to get it done??

Anyone tried leaving Kim a personal message? Hope she is O.K. If we don't hear from her soon I will try and leave her one this weekend. Missing a few others also, but know some of you are just swamped and really only pop in on occation. Come see us! Kim let us know you're alive- K?

Have a great day guys... and whoever it was who stayed away from the salsa...can't remember who posted that I had alot to catch up on...YOU ARE MY IDOL!!!! I LOVE the stuff and added it back in after I reached goal, but boy does it trigger the cravings!
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 13:04

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Ok, so I am totally bombing on this challenge! I have not gotten to the gym all week and now I'm heading out of town again. I was not anticipating this! I haven't been cheating, that's a good thing! But my workout and water consumption have been seriously lacking. So with my head hung low I declare I am failing this challenge, but I do plan to stick to it gung ho when I get back from my trip to San Francisco next week. Monday 10/3 is D-day, I will deliver myself into the gym! Meanwhile, I hope all of you are having a great week and making your goals! I know what a great feeling that is and I want it back!
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 19:54

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

Dan - welcome! Nice to see you visit! how've you been? We'd love to have you here, us girls want our Manwich back!!!!!!!!! LOL

My life is still crazy, as it has been for the past several weeks. Shows no signs of slowing down either. I'm moving, found a new job, not making it to the gym like i want to, ........

There's so much going on, see my journal for more details. I'm struggling wthi myself and not making it to the gym. I'm feeling really guilty about it, and not happy wiht myself. ARGH!

I don't know how much i'll be on in the next few weeks. Moving takes up a lot of time when you are just moving quickly from one job to another full time job. As well as having wednesday night practice, thursday night league pool, and somewhere in there,.... a life....

At least i'm still eating on track!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 05:25

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkclouds
Ok, so I am totally bombing on this challenge! I have not gotten to the gym all week and now I'm heading out of town again. I was not anticipating this! I haven't been cheating, that's a good thing! But my workout and water consumption have been seriously lacking. So with my head hung low I declare I am failing this challenge, but I do plan to stick to it gung ho when I get back from my trip to San Francisco next week. Monday 10/3 is D-day, I will deliver myself into the gym! Meanwhile, I hope all of you are having a great week and making your goals! I know what a great feeling that is and I want it back!

Well, I hate to say "misery loves company" but, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one bombing out on the challenge! I only did 2 out of my required 4 workouts last week, and I haven't done anything at all this week. Taking my supplements is not going very well either. I guess doing something is better than my previous nothing, but what I am doing now is certainly not enough. I'm not going to give up, though! Obviously I need to fgure out how to make these changes, since I really need physical activity to become a normal part of my lifestyle. (Plus, I haven't lost even a smidgen of weight, and that's bummer!)
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 05:59

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I am way way way behing reading here! I'm still keeping to my exercise program and that is it. I will be weighing in this weekend.
Sorry I'm not commenting to anyone but I've got to read first!
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 08:17

Stats: 158/142/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi all....Last night I started to get sugar cravings again, but I stopped them. I just drank tons of water and read a book. Before I knew it my cravings were gone. I just wonder why after 3 weeks cheat free would I be having sugar cravings? Oh well I beat the evil so why ponder.

Today:
B~ 2 hard boiled eggs

Sn~ String cheese

L~ Chicken caesar salad

D~ An omelett w/ cheese, ham & jalapenos

Water~ 100oz.

Exercise~ 7 flights of stairs twice