Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 05:11

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone....sorry I haven't been checking in....don't ask....but super busy. I got gestational diabetes, and have started taking insulin.....first time for me. But considering that this is baby # 5, I can't complain.

Surprise, surprise, I found out that this baby is going to be our first little boy! YAY! A little man around to set all us women straight!

My labour will be induced now, somewhere around the 2nd week of May, maybe a little sooner. The diabetes has thrown me for a little loop, I was really scared when I first found out.

Baby is kicking away inside, and my stomach is HUGE this time.....they don't measure ur uterus here, but I bet mine is about 2 weeks too big, too!! I wonder if I asked my DR if she would measure? Things are different here in Egypt, with the way they DR you.....but I love it....I had 2 of the 4 girls here, and liked it much better than Canada.

That's about it for now......
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 13:13

Plan: Dr. Atkin's
Stats: 216/206.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

congratulations safa! a boy! sorry to hear about the gd. my dr thought i might have that too, since i was measuring so large, but i don't. hope everything goes well with the induced delivery.
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 23:01

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

yay Safa.... super glad for the lil boy as the new addition !!! i was beginning to worry about you ! but i can't only imagine how busy you are with 4 lil ones already hahaha.

well i will be having a c-section on the 26th of this month. i am scared .... more scared than last time. send prayers my way please!

other than that doing very well ! feeling good..although the tiredness is back ! booo !! hahaha!

hope you ladies are well !
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 10:26

BF:

Lots of prayers and love to all the mommies.....
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Feb-10-07, 14:30

BF:

thanks safa! the same to you. hope you ladies are all having a great weekend!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-07, 18:12

BF:

doing well.......only 12 more days left. i have lots to do this weekend........ including relaxing......hahah yeah right!

hope everyone had a great V-Day !!
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 16:49
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

It's been awhile since I popped in here...probably because although I'm interested in becoming pregnant later this year, right now I'm not and didn't feel I had much to add! But I'm currently charting and gearing up to TTC. Anyhow, I digress! The reason I'm posting is I wanted to send out some prayers and good vibes to all the mommies-to-be here! This spring is arriving before you know it, right? Take care - much health and happiness to you all!
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Mar-03-07, 22:24

BF:

he is here and oh so cute !!!

Zane Michael arrived Monday, Feb. 26th at 8:14 am. he weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs and 6 oz....and measured 20 1/4 inches long...

so glad he is here and is healthy !!!

hope all of you are doing fine !! keep us updated .... i am cheering for you all !
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 23:54

BF:

congratulations, amy!! can't WAIT til my munchkin gets here too!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 03:48

BF:

WOW AMY! COngratulations! Looks like Hulagrrl is next in line.....I had my OB/GYN appt on Monday...baby looks fine.....I did some reading online about the effects of gestational diabetes on the baby and it scared the bejesus outta me. I gotta start taking care of myself!
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 13:25

BF:

YES! i am next in line. i CAN'T WAIT. these last few weeks have been torturous. i got so hormonal and emotional - i've been crying for no reason at all. my pencil will break and i'll start tearing up! gosh...what's wrong with me? also, the cravings had come back with a vengeance.

i seem to have leveled off some now though.

safa ~ yes, do take care of yourself! don't be like me and just go buck-wild with the sugar and carbies. i gained SOOO much in the beginning. i wish i had been better...

good luck to all you mommies to be!!
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-07, 07:59
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I checked in. Everything is going ok except I am having a hard time watching that weight creep up. I am ready for this to be over, but I know I have to be patient.

Safa - my sis-in-law had GD and it didn't sound like fun. I think I take the test next week so hopefully I'll pass it. Congrats on the boy.

Amy - congrats! Hope you are liking new mommyhood.

Shauna - just a little while to go. I will pray that you're not late. I went over a week with my first and thought it was torture!
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-07, 13:56

BF:

thanks atiaran! and i can totally sympathize with you about the weight creeping up and how frustrating it is. i'm just glad that it will be over.

you know what's been bugging me? when i tell people that i can't wait to give birth and that i don't really enjoy being pregnant. they look at me like i'm inhuman or an unnatural mother or something. they don't understand that i just LOVE my son and wouldn't trade him for the world, but i JUST DON'T LIKE BEING PREGGOS!! they can't seem to see that loving pregnancy does not equal loving my son.

frustrated....

but it will all be over soon and i'll be holding my little man!
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-07, 15:36

BF:

still thinking of you girls.....

pics of the lil one in my journal if you want to see him

hang in there ..... not like you have a lot of choice hahaha!
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 04:14

BF:

Slowly moving along with the pregnancy.....why does the first months finish so quickly and then BAM! U drag out the last couple of months?

I'm with you Hula....I'm tired of being pregnant. I enjoyed the other pregnancies so much....but I just wanna get this over with, u know? SIGH! You are almost down to counting the minutes now!

I've been feeling good.....got a spurt of energy these last few days, getting things organized and cleaned up. I don't think I should be driving anymore. My stomach was touching the steering wheel, so I had to move the chair back....and now my feet JUST hit the pedals. It's a standard, so I've been stalling cause I'm not pushing the clutch far enough down. Come April, I won't drive anymore.

I've been feeling big and clumsy...Here's some things I can't wait for........

*can't wait to feel like the old me. Oh ya.....can of energy anyone?
*can't wait to have the baby in my hands....
*can't wait to sleep on my stomach again.....
*can't wait to sleep and not have to wake up to roll over
*can't wait to be able to hold some urine in my bladder.....and maybe just for once, cough and not worry that I might pee myself!! LOLOL!!!
*can't wait to wear my heels again and put my rings back on

There's prolly more.....it'll come to me.....