Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#9286   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 17:38

Plan: semi-low carb
Stats: 127/127/114 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Yeah Stacy!

I love the cowboy roping! Fun!

Congrats on the 10 pounds off! It must feel spectacular!
Sponsored Links
  #9287   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 20:24
Always Shining

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

WOOO HOOOO, Stacy!!! Congratulations!
  #9288   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 20:25

Plan: Low carb/low fat
Stats: 234/209/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:43%
Progress: 30%
Unhappy Ooooohhhhh Noooooooo!!

Well, today I am NOT MOMD ANYTHING! Well as you know I had my cheat on Sunday and my friend was making my favorite german chocolate cake and she was suppose to bring me some by or either I would meet up with her. I didn't want to make my own for fear of eating it all week.

Well, she was very busy and bought me a piece today at work. All I thought of was that rich, lucious cake and it didn't dawn on me to later on...I had not called a cheat for today! So now I have to start all over!

And to make matters worse, my tummy felt like it had bricks in it all day.

Well, I hope everyone's had more discipline than me. Tomorrow I wll be back to the old drawing board of day one. Well, at least I'm able to get right back on track, which I did after I ate my cake very early in the morning.

Stacy...Wtg girl! Keep up the good work!

Well, have to get in bed for work tomorrow.
Will try and pop in tomorrow between jobs.
  #9289   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 21:45

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

MOMD Day 0

I had to re-set the counter. On Saturday went over to a family gathering & was quite good *execept* for the slice of cheesecake that I thought was made w/ no sugar, but was told was made w/ "only" 1/4 cup of sugar. Grrr.

But, I should have just avoided it entirely.

Then, on Sunday went out to eat w/ my friend & her kids and had some fried stuff that had breading (yeah, I tried to scrape some off, but still) and also ate the toppings off of a couple of slices of pizza. Sunday night slurped a bit on the cheese sauce I made for the kids pasta (whole wheat flour in the sauce, but flour none-the-less) and then ate a single piece of pasta to test if it were cooked enough because I just didn't care.

Yesterday was so-so the 5 roast chestnuts that I ate w/ DH. I just checked on fitday - wow plenty o'carbs - plus the hummus, and some of the beets altogether a day of 130 carbs plus.

So, I was not wildly out of control & if I were more lenient would not have re-set the counter, but at the same time I was not a true maestra of my domain. I have allowed myself to get a bit sloppy & the scale showed it.

Wish me luck as I get more strict.
  #9290   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 21:56
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!

WOOHOO Stacey!! WTG on your mini goal.
Honey.. I am MOMD TWO day sbecause I thought I was actually going to do easter dinner cheat free (it was Saturday night)... but nope.. a couple crescent rolls JUMPED into my mouth.. sigh.. followed by a pint of ice cream. However, I DID hop right back on the wagon and was good Sunday AND Monday.. WOOHOO to me!! ...now you get right back on track y'hear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by who knows anatomy better than nurses
Mike I think you should go for it and park the cars. When I was in nursing school another life time we all made a pact that if we failed we were going to druck driving school. Now we changed it to 1-900 CAL-NURSE

*quickly runs off to find pencil and paper*

Glad you're feeling better Erin.. did ya look for any cake decorating classes yet? I gotta tell you. A couple of years ago I decided to try some new things. One of those things ended up being dance... and it has become a true passion... but even if I had not found a true passion, the search has been fun.

Take care everyone.. don't know how much I'll be on between now and next Tuesday. Gotta do taxes and a few other things before leaving to a bed and breakfast in the Hill Country this weekend.

Mike
  #9291   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 22:17

Stats: 185.5/172.0/134 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/29%/25%
Progress: 26%

Dear Gang,

Stacy and Liddie and all the rest of you BRIGHT BUNNIES, go go go.

As for me, once again SETTING MYSELF BACK 0. Like Daddio, I had part of a cinnamon roll leap from the fridge into the icing (groan) and THEN into my mouth late last night. WHY oh WHY??

Wait wait -- don't tell me...I KNOW WHY. Cause when DS and his DH left last week, I didn't THROW THE ~#$%^& thing away, despite knowing I am a total sucker for cinnamon buns.
Actually, cinnamon ANYTHING.

Grrr....at least I walked about 6 miles today. But I just cannot get on that scale tomorrow morning, though it is weigh in day. Gotta give it another week.

Had spinach souffle and Greek salad for supper. YUM.

Erin - glad you are doing better. And you are there for US too, hon. And we count on your kindness and support.

Everyone else -- be well. I am off to lift weights and watch NEAT on Discovery HOME channel. My favorite program: DECLUTTERING!!

Ruth

WONJ#22

"May ALL your DREAMS come true..."
  #9292   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 05:08

BF:
Default Oh cinnamon does sound divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlamb
As for me, once again SETTING MYSELF BACK 0. Like Daddio, I had part of a cinnamon roll leap from the fridge into the icing (groan) and THEN into my mouth late last night. WHY oh WHY??

Wait wait -- don't tell me...I KNOW WHY. Cause when DS and his DH left last week, I didn't THROW THE ~#$%^& thing away, despite knowing I am a total sucker for cinnamon buns.
Actually, cinnamon ANYTHING.

Grrr....at least I walked about 6 miles today. But I just cannot get on that scale tomorrow morning, though it is weigh in day. Gotta give it another week.

Had spinach souffle and Greek salad for supper. YUM.

Everyone else -- be well. I am off to lift weights and watch NEAT on Discovery HOME channel. My favorite program: DECLUTTERING!!

Great job working it off with the 6 miles though!

Spinach souffle and Greek salad sound much better! I love spinach!

Ruth, we could be kindred spirits. Those shows are the best! Now if I could just live like that! Some day!
  #9293   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 06:23
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Good Morning, all. I am MOMD 16 days, and I didn't use the cheat I called for Easter.

Heading to Florida, my flight leaves this afternoon. Looking forward to my week down there, especially since it's snowing (again) this morning. I have called a cheat for the entire week, but do not plan to use it. I will be getting a lot of walking in, though, and I've got the pedometer already packed. I'll also be spending time in my sister's pool, and we'll be going to the beach as well.

I am taking my computer and will try to check in when I can.

As Great Scott would say - Have a great Tooozday!
  #9294   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 06:33

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Good Morning everyone!!! I am MOMD 3 days.

#6 - Have fun in Fla!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflowr6
As Great Scott would say - Have a great Tooozday!
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

#2BB - out!
  #9295   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 07:06

Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much

Good Morning Everyone
I AM MOMD cheat free day #14 I believe

Mike Yes I found a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby not far from my house. The next one is the 23rd and I am going to sign up this weekend. Can't wait.

HoneyRose Get right back on the horse. You can do it. Don't beat yourself up you deserve a time here and there. Hugs

Barbara Have a wonderful time in Florida.

Ruth Now I need to get on to a workout plan like you have. Spinach Souffle sounds wonderful. I always ask why I sabotage myself. Sometimes I don't know why

We had pastries from my favorite bakery. OMG they looked heavenly. BUT I opened the box and hesitate and thought i am worth more than this. If I eat this it will set me spinning out of control. I didn't realize it but I said it outloud. Our secretary said way to go Erin I am going to think that way when i want to cheat. So i walked away feeling I had won

My GF dragged me out to a new wine and mingling for singles. Never never again. Men hung on the skinny blonde. she got phone numbers from 3 men. I ended up having red wine spilled on me. The whole experience was disheartening. I felt fat frumpy and plain unactractive. when I left my house I felt cute. Yes it was the first one they offered but I won't go back. One man shouted across the bar enjoy being single. I don't quite know why he said it. We had a nice conversation.

So, tonight I will go to the gym. My goal is 3 miles.

Erin
  #9296   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 11:54

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Oh, Erin. Look at it this way. You probably would have found you didn't like him anyway. I was a bartender for a while, a *cough* few years ago. And basically, he sounds like he was looking for a one night stand. Not a relationship. Or even a friendship. So, he's only so much dust you need to brush off. Really.. You dodged a bullet!
  #9297   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 13:51

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 214/185/114 Female 5 feet
BF:53/48/20
Progress: 29%

Hm-mmm... I took his remark as ENJOY WHERE YOU ARE IN LIFE... I heard, this am, Erin, that we feel inferior to others/others comments as WE ALLOW OURSELVES to FEEL... YOU'VE got it goin' on, Girl... YOU'VE just got to BELIEVE it!

Way to go, Stace! YEE-HAW is right!

No surgery for at least two more weeks... they want to see if a round of meds will help it. They make me INCREDIBLY TIRED, so don't expect to see too much of me, although, more than likely, I'm readin'!

Sherry
day TWO
  #9298   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 14:13

BF:
Default Erin: Are you sure? Wine and mingling sounds fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRN
My GF dragged me out to a new wine and mingling for singles. Never never again. Men hung on the skinny blonde. she got phone numbers from 3 men. I ended up having red wine spilled on me. The whole experience was disheartening. I felt fat frumpy and plain unactractive. when I left my house I felt cute. Yes it was the first one they offered but I won't go back. One man shouted across the bar enjoy being single. I don't quite know why he said it. We had a nice conversation.

So, tonight I will go to the gym. My goal is 3 miles.

Erin

The comment from the guy is odd. He may just be odd. I wouldn't know how to read that comment. IT could be taken a couple ways. But, no point in wasting time over an odd stranger.

Out to lunch today and had a quality burger (no bun), with a side salad w/ olive oil and vinegar. Burger had salsa (pico de gallo?), tomato, and avocado. I don't know why, but I am so uneasy eating out or at a function where you can't count things.
  #9299   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 14:16
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Welcome back Sherry!!

Erin.. after reading Sherry's comment.. and rereading yours.. I have an alternative motivation for his comment.

You had a good conversation.. right? Maybe he looked accross the bar, and you seemed unhappy.. wanting to change that, he shouted out.. hey.. ENJOY being single. Not everyone is adept at delivering messages... just ask DW .. I'm sure she could explain my faults in that dept. in detail.

Sherry IS right about believing in yourself though... I made that transformation a couple of years ago. I'm not as happy with my LIFE at this moment as a result, but I'm happier with ME than I've been in years and years (and I didn't change that much.. just started believing in me again)... and actually I owe a lot of that to some individuals on this forum.

Mike
  #9300   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 14:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 214/185/114 Female 5 feet
BF:53/48/20
Progress: 29%

Thanks for the welcome, Mike... I miss you, too!
Quote:
I'm happier with ME than I've been in years and years
THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout, and that is PRICELESS!!! (This I KNOW, 'cause I, too, have had the same epiphany!)

Sherry, who's going back to the couch!
Closed Thread