Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 12:05

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

Did anyone taking this have any "die off" effects such as headache and flu like symptoms that are normal with combating candida? Starting to feel like this today and I started three days ago.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

2brickie, how many milligrams are in the capsules you're taking?
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 13:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

the one i take has 50 mg oregano oi, and 25mg flax oil. i asked the lady at the store i purchased these and she said it is a very pure wild oregano therefore you dont need to take more than one a day. it says one a day on the box. i have not had any die off symptoms, i actually have been feeling super.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 10:12

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Wondering if anyone can help with my question. I have read that the Atkins Essential Oils can help with weight loss and also has other benefits. Have any of you tried the essential oils and if so do you have any opinions of it vs the oil of oregano. Thanks, Maureen
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 10:29

Stats: 194/182.5/140 Female 63inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Wow the one I just bought is by Gaia Herbs. The label says that it contains 460 mg of Wild Mediterranean oregano leaf per 2 pills a day!! That's alot more than 50. Hmmmm
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:31

Stats: 221/221/190 Female 5'7"
BF:49.5%/48.5%/25%
Progress: 0%

Sounds like the one you bought is actually leaves, not the oil from them. Does the bottle say "Oil of Oregano", or just "Oregano"?
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:39

Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Mine's 150, and yes I've been feeling a little woozy/sleepy (where's the energy you all promised! Ha, ha!) like I've got some "die off" going on, but I've only been taking them 3 days.

Weird thing is, after 3-4 weeks battling the same pound, I'm down to my lowest today. Hmmm. Could be coincidence!

Sue
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 11:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

I agree with Luscious - I think it was the flax oil!
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 12:22

BF:

the dry i had was 150mg it worked but i had to take 2 or 3 a day.
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 12:34
Registered Member

Stats: 169/161/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 18%

I think brikie is on to something
allot of us take flaxseed oil and nothing happens then some start taking the oregano oil and it works
just give credit to the oregano and don't be so skeptical.

bye.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: self low carbing
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Don't know

I can't wait til my bottle comes in.
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:27

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks

Birddog - yes, I've been feeling great too and have had lots of energy. But it's not the kind of "wound up, caffeine" energy you get with some products. It's more of a wide awake feeling. Like yesterday, I was laying on the couch being a couch potato while doing laundry. I thought to myself, "maybe I'll lay here and take a nap". For the life of me, I couldn't keep my eyes closed. I finally got up and made some egg salad for this week and even got out the cauliflower and made a huge batch of the cauliflied rice! I wasn't buzzing, I was just keeping myself busy. It felt great!

Now, as for the weight loss, I'm sure this is QUITE coincidental, but I liked it nonetheless. I only started taking the oregano on Friday, so I'm quite sure it had nothing to do with anything.....OR DID IT???? Anyway, I woke up Saturday morning one pound down. I woke up Sunday morning one MORE pound down. WHAT???? NO WAY!!!! YES, WAY!!!! I haven't changed my eating habits. In fact, I had an individual Donato's pepperoni pizza for lunch on Friday! (That no-crust pizza they're advertising is way overrated, IMO.)

I dunno what's going on, but I'll tell you one thing. Oil of Oregano will continue to be on my list of vitamins and supplements I'm taking!

Good luck, everyone!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:43

BF:

i dont think its the flax oil, as i have taken 3000 mg of flax oil since the day i started atkins last year, and this has really helped me. i agree its not a diet people energy or caffiene its more like you just stay busy. i love it, and my house has never been so clean. haha. i even did baseboards this morning and that is a chore i put off as long as possible.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:52

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

Hi guys, I went to my health food store to buy the oregano oil this morning and the woman told me it was dangerous to take...she said it had the same effects as an antibiotic and should only be taken for 10 days in a row, not as a dietary supplement...has anyone else heard this? Also, I have not taken atkins essential oils and was wondering if you all recommend them?
Thanks, Jenn
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:56

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

[QUOTE=scorpio381]Birddog - yes, I've been feeling great too and have had lots of energy. But it's not the kind of "wound up, caffeine" energy you get with some products. It's more of a wide awake feeling. Like yesterday, I was laying on the couch being a couch potato while doing laundry. I thought to myself, "maybe I'll lay here and take a nap". For the life of me, I couldn't keep my eyes closed. I finally got up and made some egg salad for this week and even got out the cauliflower and made a huge batch of the cauliflied rice! I wasn't buzzing, I was just keeping myself busy. It felt great!

Now, as for the weight loss, I'm sure this is QUITE coincidental, but I liked it nonetheless. I only started taking the oregano on Friday, so I'm quite sure it had nothing to do with anything.....OR DID IT???? Anyway, I woke up Saturday morning one pound down. I woke up Sunday morning one MORE pound down. WHAT???? NO WAY!!!! YES, WAY!!!! I haven't changed my eating habits. In fact, I had an individual Donato's pepperoni pizza for lunch on Friday! (That no-crust pizza they're advertising is way overrated, IMO.)

I dunno what's going on, but I'll tell you one thing. Oil of Oregano will continue to be on my list of vitamins and supplements I'm taking!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are doing great. Kudos to you. I had a 1 lb drop. Like you said, coincidental....Maybe......maybe not.
I too started on Friday. The woe itself gives me tons of energy. So, I'm really never lacking in that area. You are right it is not like a caffeine rush. I tried to read a book on Sunday and could not concentrate. My mind kept wondering. I finally got up and made my lunch for today. I don't know if the oil of oregano had anything to do with it or maybe it is just me.