Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 11:19

Plan: OWL - Induction Carbs
Stats: 385/321/225 Male 75 inches
BF:BMI 48.1/40.1/28.1
Progress: 40%
Thumbs up Fitday easily fits on a "flashdrive"

I have everything looged from Jan. 27, 2004 through today and am only using 14.9 MB for the complete install on my 128MB flashdrive. The central database file "common.fdb" has always remained the same size of 8,228 KB. My additions to the database, the "your name.fdy" file, is currently at 424 KB. And I have a lot of custom entries and logged activities, measurements, weights, etc.

I am sure that a 256MB drive would be more than adequate. Besides, if this thing ever did get to large to fit, it is a simple matter to move the core files to a larger drive, if needed, and go from there.

This program runs like a champ on a flash drive. I love it.

Hope this helps!

JFF

Last edited by JustForFun : Tue, Apr-13-04 at 11:47. Reason: Date of Jan.1 was incorrect - changed to Jan.27
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 11:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%

Thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Looks like I'll be buying a flash drive tonight.
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 15:13

Plan: i dunno yet
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Some questions

Hi everyone! I'm new and I have a lot of questions about the Fitday PC version. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me.

1) Can you enter amounts of vitamins any other way than % of RDA? I live in Europe and our RDAs are different, and the amounts are reported as mg not as % of RDA.

2) Can you enter the amount of all vitamins etc? In the Internet version you can't enter selenium and some other nutrient that I can't remember just now. Very frustrating as selenium happens to be a nutrient I tend to run low in and I've been trying to add custom food rich in selenium, but it doesn't help since I can't fill in the amounts.

3) Can you copy-paste foods/meals from one day to another?

4) Can you enter foods you eat every single day so that they'd show up automatically? I know this could be done with custom recipies but is there another way?

I guess that's all for now. Thanks in advance for your replies! (I tried emailing Fitday but got no answer...)

Last edited by sinappi : Wed, Apr-14-04 at 15:38.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 19:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi sinappi,
If I understand question one correctly the answer is "yes". You create a custom food by clicking on custom food and then selecting the tab "Total Nutrition" rather than "%RDA" tab and then you can enter in mgs
I think that may answer " 2 as well.
I think the answer to 3 is yes.
Don't know about 4 yet.
To find items that have selenium go to the "Nutri-Search" tab on the right side of the screen and from the drop down menus select item "high" in "selenium".
Hope that is some help!
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 03:52

Plan: i dunno yet
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks ever so much Archie! Sounds great!

The problem with selenium is that I've added some custom foods high in selenium and couldn't fill in the amount of selenium at all. But if that's fixed, that's just great

Now I just wish I could try the software for free. A week would be enough. Or even a day!
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 08:34

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Does anyone know how you can track the number of exercises you do, rather than the time spent? For example, I would like to track that I did 30 curls rather than the number of minutes it takes me to do them. Is there any way to do this? Thanks!
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 09:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Diemde

I just looked at mine and you can set up custom fitness activities - it still asks for the number of calories burned and time spent - but I guess if you figured out how many calories 30 curls burned or even just approximately you could name the activity "30 curls" if you did a different number each day though you would have to make a new activity or edit the current one.

There is a diary feature though if you wanted to use that to record how many of each exercise you did - would that help?
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 03:34

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Thanks koko. I think that changing it every day would be difficult. It would be nice if you could list the specific exercises. Oh well, maybe that is an enhancement for on down the road. I guess for now I'll have to learn to track the time I spend.

I really do like the new software though. I'm finding that tracking the calorie deficit along with the carb/fat/protein percentages is helping tremendously. For me, it's a matter of keeping those percentages in line and keeping the calories low enough to have a decent deficit.