Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 64%

I'm in again... although I've been on a stall for some time, I'm scared to death to cheat, I'm afraid I'll start gaining. although, I did gain 1 1/2 in sept, I don't know why, if I were cheating... I shudder to think of it, I'm back on total induction, and have been ading exercise to my schedule 3 times per week, when I can make it, One would think 4 grandchildren would be enough exercise, but evidently that's not true, so back in the challenge I am. chris
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 18:02
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Smile *perk* Diet Vanilla coke?

oh roche... I LOVE YOU!!!! I fell in love with the taste of the vanilla coke that coca-cola brought out, and was really sad that there was never a diet version... I am NOT a fan of nutrasweet, and I DON"T drink a lot of diet pop, but the sugar is just so detrimental to my body in so many ways... so I will pick up the ingredients for it, and have it as a treat!
Today makes my 14th day on Induction. I picked up these hot dogs at the store, Louis Rich turkey franks with CHEESE in! They have 2 carbs a piece in, but they are tasty.
Reading all of your posts, helps to learn more about this w/o/e, and seeing how others approach challenges and *road bumps*, is filed in my brain for future reference... according to Atkins, I could go off of Induction... but I am going to stay on it for a little while longer.I don't mind being on it... I have been on stricter diets than this, and I like the freedom I am allowed on this. Even tho, I am limited on my foods, there is not a menu for each meal, or like that.
I bought extra hamburger when I was at the store,it was only 98 cents a lb. Hubby delegated it for meatloaf... He is gonna have to stop this ... earlier in the week I brought home a 1/2 lb. of precooked meatballs and he delegated them for spaghetti sauce!I had thought they'd be good nuked with cheese grated on them,some allowed extras in there... I don't say anything about his high carb/sugar treats and even get them for him at the store on those rare occasions when I go... we are just going to have to come to an understanding on this Well, KaeLyn has PTS-PreTeething Syndrome,and is being fussy, so she wants mom's comfort... so see ya all later~

Last edited by suze_c : Thu, Oct-03-02 at 18:20.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 18:56
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Wow, I've been out late to nights in a row and haven't been able to post. I'm going to bed at 7m tonight. I've only gotten about 12 hours total sleep since Sunday Night... It's not the norm for me, and It has cought up with me. I have done so so on my eating.... I've had sugar free pudding 2 days in a row made with half/and/half. I was still under my 50 gms of carbs, but I think it still did something to me, I've been feeling hungry...so I will lay off the stuff and see what happend.

I started exercising on Tuesday. I did 6 minutes on a stair master... oh my gosh that took a lot out of me, but maintenece people were in the bike room at my lunch time and the treadmills were all full. So the next day I walked 20 minutes at lunch with a co-worker and 20 minutes by myself at lunch today. I still need 74 minutes of exercise to meet my weekly quota. My weeks run from Tuesday through Tuesday though.

I went back and read all the posts on this thread... and I decided I too want to go back to induction for 2 weeks. I think I might be eating too many carbs... at my weigh in Tuesday night I had gained 1.75 pounds for the week... I need to take a good look at what I'm doing, and I think 2 weeks of induction will be good for me.

Thanks for letting me join this group..it's helping me stay focused.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 19:02
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Wink WOWZERS Some Induction buddies!

Y'all are going thru induction again... I choose to stay on it... let's ride that induction train together!!! Whhhhoooooooooooooo---wwhhhhooooooooooo
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 19:33

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/155/140 Female 65"
BF:43%/30%/20%
Progress: 81%

wow, 6 pages already, I was all ready to sign up but I figured I better read what everyone had to say. I lost 1lb for September, so maybe I can lose a few more this month. Not going to be able to go to the gym all that much this month, it is our busiest of the year.

Jessica
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 19:54

Plan: General Lowcarbing
Stats: 188/185/150
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am so glad about this No Cheat Challenge. I have not had one nibble of cereal, one sip of milk, or one bite of the pasta and rice I have been feeding my family. Aside from induction, I did not know that I could regain control. (But don't ask me about redoing induction, NO THANKYOU!) Tonight we had ham, broccoli, and french bread (I varied from what my original post said we would have), and I also made Rice&Roni Cheesy Rice (my kids love it). I just had the ham and broccoli and if I hadn't joined this Challenge I would have kind of just "grazed" on the rice. Posting in my own journal is great, but knowing that there are several non-cheaters out there who are eyeballing your posts helps keep me in line, BIG TIME!! I DID put some more cereal in my mouth today and again realized what I was doing, so I spit it out again.

Hey Suze! Glad to hear you are excited about the Diet Cream Coke. I used the SF Davinci Vanilla Syrup---I found mine in the coffee aisle of SuperWalmart. Davinci carries regular and sugarfree, so make sure to check the label. If you don't have a Superwalmart nearby, perhaps the coffee aisle of any supermarket will carry it. I also know what it is like to have your family eyeballing your lc food. My kids love chicken wings and meatballs and I find myself covertly eating so that they won't ask for any.

Roche
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 21:12

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%

Hello Everyone

Well I am gonna be gone for a couple of days. Going to a cabin with the family, but don't worry I am PREPARED!! And my family has vowed not to tempt me~~now if I can jsut stay away from the roasted marshmellows, smores and b-day cake!! I know I will be good cuz i have a date on monday!! Would like to be in the 250's by then. More for peice of mind than anything.

Worked out for the 3rd day this week. I ran 4 miles and did some fitball exercises and 30 mins on the elipitcal trainer. NTo sure were all the energy came from but I took advantage of it!!

I will miss you all and I hope everyone has a great low carb weekend

Sonja
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 21:23
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi All-
Well I just finished a 16 hr work day after a 14 hr work day. Anyone who says teachers have it easy are nuts! The dedicated ones put their heart and soul in it and sacrifice a lot of personal time. I will get off my soap box now...

I hardly at today, having some ground beef and cheese now. The only thing I had all day besides this was a cucumber I "stole" from the cafeteria, and a few almonds another teacher had in the frige (hope she doesnt notice! ) I am eating washing up and getting t bed. Water and exercise have been a no go so far. This schedule has me messed. I promise I will work to get on track this weekend.

See you tomorrow!
~Michelle
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 21:45

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like this thread is EXPLODING! I can hardly keep up.

Where in the world is that WOOSH Fairy??? She needs to get over here and kick that ChocoCake Montser's butt! My birthday is next Friday and he better be long gone by then. I'm so on the fence about splurging that day. I guess it depends on how depressed I am (emotional eater syndrome!). 31's no big deal...unless my husband FORGETS!

I have been good. I guess when I see that some of you only lost 1 pound in September I can't be too upset about losing only 5! In the beginning I thought I'd lose 10 pounds every month EASY! HA! RIGHT!

Does anyone have that Tony Little "Gazelle"? That thing looks like so much fun! If I had more room in my house I would get one. Wish I could trade back my tread (dread) mill for one of those!!hehe. I like fun. Fun is good. I've replaces night time eating with night time surfing. It keeps my hand busy!

Have a great CHEAT FREE weekend everyone!
Carianne
  #85   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 05:57

Plan: Organic, Raw Foods
Stats: 176/138/117 Female 5'2"
BF:
Unhappy Promise not to laugh....

I've got a really weird question. I have had a sore neck (from behind my right ear all the way down to my right shoulder) for months. For the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out the cause. I've switched pillows and sleeping positions. Now, the more I think about it, I think it could be computer-related. I use my right hand a lot to work the mouse. I really began using the computer A LOT last spring. The sore neck started shortly thereafter. Is there any connection!?! Am I crazy!?!?!? Anyone else who uses computers in their jobs a lot had this problem? You hear about carpal tunnel all the time, can you have neck tunnel!?!??!

Enough of my weird ailments! I EXERCISED yesterday. It's a start anyway. It has been a tough week work-wise. I haven't been getting home from school until supper time and then there's the house stuff to do (not to mention dinner). Been dropping into bed wiped out about 9:30. Food takes longer to prepare these days--can't just pop a donut or pizza into my mouth . I don't mind a bit because I feel so much better

Everyone have a fantastic Friday

Kathy
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 06:54

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%

HI Kathy

I know what pain you are referrign to and it is very common of people who are extended mouse users. You need to make sure that your arm is not extended to reach the mouse, you shoould have a bend inthe elbow that is comfortable. You can try ice to aleviate the pain. Also I would suggest getting a therapeutic massage, usually something like that can be worked out in a 1/2 hour session. It may take a couple. Also make sure the therapist works both the front and back of the neck. As it sounds like alot of your pain comes from the scalenes.

Good Luck with that and if you have any other questions regarding stretches and what not let me know. I am a registered massage therapist in WI

Sonja
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 07:23

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Lightbulb Carianne's Birthday

Carianne - you can have a fabulous low-carb birthday if you set your mind to it! I was all worried because my Canadian Thanksgiving (aka carbfest) is looming in a couple of weeks,but then I found lowcarbluxury.com, go to the recipes and make yourself a rich and sinful but still lowcarb birthday treat - either cheesecake or cake!!! I think this is a good plan!!!

Kathryn
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 10:17

Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:

Hi, I'm just checking in, not cheating, but I need a litle advise. I'm taking a plain nex Saturday, going to Puerta plata for a week. Shall I ask for a special food plate, and if so, what should I ask for? Thanks to all the frequent flyers. chris
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 11:31

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20

Hi everyone,
phew! it took a while to read all of the posts. Everyone is doing so well.
I've been sick with a bad cold. Just got back to work today. For now, I'm off l/c, back to induction this weekend. It all started when I couldn't find no sugar neo citran. And, whenever I get a cold I absolutely crave oraange juice. so, I'm watching what I eat, not going overboard, but not l/c either.
Part of it because it's been so hard to lose any weight. We'll see what happens at the end of this month, I may be changing plans from Atkins to PP. Have to get the book from the library. I'm following the plan but not losing.
Hate being sick too. L/c has not changed that for me either.
Okay, pity party over now.

Everyone have a great weekend and have a great l/c day.

Alena.
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 12:02

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default hi there :)

Hi all well here i am............I thought i better join this and get with it all again....
Even though i think i did the worst of anyone last month.....well here goes........
Hope you all are doing well....I am going back to read this whole thread.....wooooooooooooooo....its a long one.....
take care all
maggie