Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 19:49

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%

so, my back is killing me.I swear if i bend over once i can't stand the shooting pain that lasts the rest of the day! Tylenol obviously won't touch it & am at my wits end. I was just praying to God after cussing up a storm to take the pain...it hurts so bad. Is this normal? i mean wtf
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 20:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

I've never experienced anything like it. Doesn't sound right, go see your doctor.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 21:33

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella_meow
I go for my 3 hr test on Monday & am trying to eat good and lower carb this week. Well, i'm going to try to do it all month, but I'm going to take it one week ~ a time.
Remember what Dr. Atkins says in his book about how many carbs to eat before your GTT, I think it's something like 150 grams per day, otherwise if you're too low carb right before the test, your body doesn't really know how to handle the carbs and you will get unfavorable (and not accurate) results.
Quote:
Am annoyed at night, can't get comfortable no matter what & am just not sleeping good!
I am not there yet, but have been and really feel for you!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 21:35

BF:

Quote:
so, my back is killing me.I swear if i bend over once i can't stand the shooting pain that lasts the rest of the day! Tylenol obviously won't touch it & am at my wits end. I was just praying to God after cussing up a storm to take the pain...it hurts so bad. Is this normal? i mean wtf
Could it be sciatica? I hope you're feelling better soon, and I agree, call the doctor.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 11:19

BF:

I forgot about the carb thing...like carb loading before the test. Hmmmm...maybe i'll just eat normal then, so my results are most true. I wouldn't want it to say I wasn't diabetic if I truly am...

I have an apt with Dr. on monday so i'll ask him then about my back.
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-09, 04:53

Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Welcome back to the States April

Bella, definitely speak to the Dr., and you might want to look at the stress you are under too and I know that contributes a lot to physical back pain in most cases. You have a new baby coming, the glucose test, and I'm sure much much more stress than you even realize. Lots of stress your brain is dealing with, and sometimes that comes out in a physical way in our bodies. There is a great book on Healing Back Pain by John Sarnow that might help as well if it gets worse (without using drugs).

Talk about nesting (and stress!), we are moving to a new house this week -- lots of work to do!! But I can't wait to move.
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Feb-21-09, 21:34

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

HI Everyone!

THank-you so much for sharing in my great news; i really appreciate all the congrats and warmth! Still can'T believe it is true and that we are so so blessed that all is well with the little woman. Yes, we have one main name we have really liked from the beginning but haven'T decided if we are keeping it secret or not, so i won'T say anything yet.

I keep gaining close to 2 pounds per week pretty consistently. Whatever. Just hope that i pass the glucose test - all these sweets might mean no. I think it is around 28 weeks and i am at 22.

Enjoying feeling the little flutters occasionally, but more regularly. SInce my placenta is in the front, they said it will take longer to feel it so i am not stressing about not having it for a few days but will call the doctor next week to know for sure.

SO I,m not the only one with sleep problems. SO weird bc it'S not bc I,m too big yet and although i wake up regularly, getting used to sleeping on side, i don'T call that sleeping problems. It is when i wake up for a few hours and can'T fall back to sleep - not like me. I know the anxiety about different tests is underlying but does not feel like the main thing. A friend told me she thinks it is hormones and that all pregnant woman she knows have sleep problems. ANyway, getting used to it, but man, we need to get cable! A carb meal like cereal and banana often helps me fall back to sleep.

Yes, getting more nesty and we need to especially bc baby'S room is 90% storage and 10% office right now. SO lots of work to do.

Good luck with the test, Bella and with the moves, Want2bskny and April!

Take care all and thanks again for the support.

Latté
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-09, 21:02

BF:

WELL, i passed my 3 hour! Thank the Lord, he is GREAT! I am so happy & pleased that God is taking care of my body, even when I don't seem to.

Congrats again Latte~i'm excited for you.I know what you mean about waking up and then having a tough time getting back to sleep. It's like I'm wide awake, odd. But oh well. I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay home & not work so I revel in that fact even if I have gotten no sleep. I don't actually have to function like most people the next day

Back pain is better these days, but if I try to mop the floor, it's all over! At least I'll get outta that chore!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 00:26

BF:

Quote:
WELL, i passed my 3 hour! Thank the Lord, he is GREAT! I am so happy & pleased that God is taking care of my body, even when I don't seem to.
Great news! Remember how important protein is for you and the baby now. (See Brewer Diet)
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 13:21

BF:

Yes and I need to up my protein, since my Iron is very low. I hope to get a supplement my next apt. (the 5th of March)

I can't believe how fast this is going....she'll be here soon!
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 15:33

That's great Bella, one less thing for you to worry about.

At least upping your iron levels is a simple thing compared to dealing with gestational diabetes.

6 weeks to go for me from today - the countdown is on!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-09, 12:24

BF:

Mermaiden~so cool! 6 weeks is nothing. can't remember if you told me or not, is this your first? This is my first 8 weeks left here I think...or maybe 8 weeks and some days whatever i'm excited
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-09, 15:03

Bella, 8 weeks to go on your first, so exhilirating. You must be nervous and so completely excited all at once. This is an amazing and special time.

As for me, no-this is my 4th but I only have 2 at home. The eldest is 17yrs and is out on her own (I was very young at the time). My other 2 at home are 4.5yrs and almost 3yrs. They are all girls so I am very excited that this one is actually a boy!
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-09, 10:06

BF:

How fun for you! We wanted a boy, but now we are thrilled that's it a girl. She's going to be such a "star" in our little town. lol

I'm very excited. Not really nervous ~ all, but anticipating her arrival.

I'm most excited about the baby shower! I can't wait!
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 13:09

BF:

Weigh in today ~ Dr.'s & am trying not to eat too much. Keep it low ya know! Had some oatmeal this morning with some Oj, and just had a SF Jello snack. Hoping to eat those until apt ~ 3:15, then eat some real food!