Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:16

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie 71
and now, i'll add...it'd be a contributing factor to a decision to drop his affiliation altogether.

for his sake...for personal & professional reasons, i really hope he does.

Um ... if you put yourself in the public eye you do subject yourself to criticism and Jimmy has a history of not handling criticism well, as does Kimmer. Hopefully all this has made Jimmy wise up.
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:17

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreddy
is someone busy working on a transcription? I dont really want to spend 45 minutes listening to Kim/Heidy/Wendy/Bob/George whoever she is....

well, as much i appreciated PJ's transcriptions ...when i finally got around to actually listening to the podcasts, i was glad i did. there's so much to glean from listening to a person's voice inflections, verbal pauses, etc.

plus, in yesterday' podcast, w/o listening for yourself, you'd miss out hearing her stumble over herself as she struggled to answer the question about her statement of kimkins being safe for all diabetics.
  #738   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandalayVA
Um ... if you put yourself in the public eye you do subject yourself to criticism and Jimmy has a history of not handling criticism well, as does Kimmer. Hopefully all this has made Jimmy wise up.

yes, i agree
  #739   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:21
~writes for Him~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
well, as much i appreciated PJ's transcriptions ...when i finally got around to actually listening to the podcasts, i was glad i did. there's so much to glean from listening to a person's voice inflections, verbal pauses, etc.

plus, in yesterday' podcast, w/o listening for yourself, you'd miss out hearing her stumble over herself as she struggled to answer the question about her statement of kimkins being safe for all diabetics.

I listened to yesterday's portion of it, too. And you are right, her pauses were interesting. Although I didn't listen to the very end--my dh came over and started saying how I was wasting my time. I didn't feel like explaining how much time I really have wasted on all this lately.
  #740   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:27

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

what did she say about all the phony pics?
  #741   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreddy
what did she say about all the phony pics?

she was asked why she took down the controversial pics if they were in fact, not phony.

she said that when she got new partners, they formalized a lot of things and sent out model releases to be signed. if they didn't get signed releases returned, then she took those people's pics down.

that all sounds good, but i've heard from several people now whose pics are up there or have been up there after all of that....who have all said that they never recieved any kind of "model release" paperwork to sign or send back in.

so...take that for it's worth.
  #742   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:37
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I will transcribe but it must wait till I have a break from work later today.
  #743   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:45

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
she was asked why she took down the controversial pics if they were in fact, not phony.

she said that when she got new partners, they formalized a lot of things and sent out model releases to be signed. if they didn't get signed releases returned, then she took those people's pics down.

that all sounds good, but i've heard from several people now whose pics are up there or have been up there after all of that....who have all said that they never recieved any kind of "model release" paperwork to sign or send back in.

Interesting. Because there is still a current picture that is obviously a forgery. Even someone who has no experience with photoshop or the like can tell that a head is "pasted" onto the before body of Ray.
  #744   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:47
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandalayVA

yes, i agree

If Jimmy does walk away and at least, even in some small way, admit some of the mistakes he made in this, I for one will give him another chance! He's been very good at providing some great interviews from real researchers, real scientists and real doctors in teh past and I'd hate to see him give all that up for this charlatan! I guess we'll have to wait until later today to see what this announcement is, but I'm hoping it's that he's done with this garbage and getting back to what he does instead of hawking a plan that's dangerous!
  #745   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:48
Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB
I listened to yesterday's portion of it, too. And you are right, her pauses were interesting. Although I didn't listen to the very end--my dh came over and started saying how I was wasting my time. I didn't feel like explaining how much time I really have wasted on all this lately.

I'm glad he finally just got it all out there - the dragging it out was annoying!

If her lack of forthrightness in the podcast didn't set off red flag alarms in him, I don't know what will.
  #746   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:50

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Quote:

I'm sorry, that clanging sound you just heard was my BS meter going off, sorry for the disturbance.
  #747   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 08:54
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Jimmy Moore was one of the first online LC people I had found when re-starting Atkins this year and looking for support and information. I emailed him right away and he wrote back to me full of encouragement, I was delighted!

That was only shortly before this Kimkins saga began to unfold.

I really do like him and enjoy his blog, aside from the kimmer garbage of course.

I would be thrilled to bits to see him drop the affiliation and stop all the kk cheerleading. Heck, I'd even offer him as much money as he made via kimkins just to stop promoting it.. but if he accepted that, that would only show how easily he could be bought. I'm still hoping, against hope, that his kk deal was not simply about money.

Kimmer replied to a comment of mine on his blog - in which she was trying, once again, to defend her statement that KK was safe for ALL diabetics, in a pitiful rebuttal to my claims which does not prove anything, in which she is wrong, of course. Sigh.

I hope Jimmy's announcement is an end to his partnership with KK and a return to positive, encouraging LC blogging. I could easily forgive the fact that he caved to the seduction of money and "hot topic itis" if he was to sever the ties and admit, once and for all, that he NEVER WAS DOING KIMKINS ANYWAY!

(I'd love to ask Kimmer of Chocoperfection bars, low carb breads and other frankenfoods are allowed on K/E -or any of her plans for that matter - given the fact that she has said not to alter her plan, and if you do, just call it Atkins instead)
  #748   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 09:25

Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMac
I hope Jimmy's announcement is an end to his partnership with KK and a return to positive, encouraging LC blogging.

I wonder if Kimmer told him to leave / cut his affiliation off? He ws never a good representative for her plan.
  #749   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 10:37
Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschaafsma
I wonder if Kimmer told him to leave / cut his affiliation off? He ws never a good representative for her plan.

Considering her comments today at his podcast comment area, sounds more like she's trying hard to keep him calm - keeps reminding him she supports him 100% type stuff - maybe she's worried he'll bail? Then again, she says in the KK forums that she knows of this announcement he's making and supports it 100%? So who knows?
  #750   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-07, 10:41

Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
Considering her comments today at his podcast comment area, sounds more like she's trying hard to keep him calm - keeps reminding him she supports him 100% type stuff - maybe she's worried he'll bail? Then again, she says in the KK forums that she knows of this announcement he's making and supports it 100%? So who knows?

Yes, I'm probably off base. Her "I support you" posts just sort of reminds me of when people where I work lose their jobs, there's a always a memo that says 'we support ____ in his/her future endeavors'. Sort of out of character for Heidi, though.