Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 22:32
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 248/236/158 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Well I am sad that i wasnt here when you started this sixty day thing! lol but hopefully I can get in on the next one.

Kara, I think the page you made with your success and pictures is wonderful! thats the best way for inspiration!

Gracia, Thats a great idea on the weight chart, I am too lazy and tired to mess around with excel, can you tell me how to change the weight ranges? I tried to PM you but it wouldnt let me.

Thanks to everyone, you are all a huge inspiration!

Keep up the great work

Beth, Ah, maybe I should introduce myself: I am 36 married for almost 18 years, have two boys (12 and 13) and own and run a childcare. FOOD FOOD Everywhere..........
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 06:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Beth! Welcome to the countdown

Thanks for looking at my pictures, I do have to admit, the last one was June of last year, when I was on Atkins before.
But I weigh the same now as I did in the last picture (though I'm a bit bigger due to shifting weight somehow!) I'm going to update the pictures soon.

Have you started a journal yet? I find it invaluable to my progress. If you go to
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...une=&forumid=83
It tells you how to do it .

I think you can't PM until you've been a member for so long, not sure though.

Take care
Kara
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 07:34
Registered Member

BF:

Kara Thanks for the welcome! I havent started a journal yet, GUILTY. I have read other peoples and have read several times how to do it, but I am afraid that once i start one i will never go back to it?
I cant believe the stories of success I have read here, its totally amazing to me.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 11:51

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

happy new year to all and welcome beth. kara your pictures are inspiring,keep going.

i just got back from vancouver bc and must admit i didn't stay on plan. i found it difficult while sitting at my father's bedside in the hospital and eating in cafeterias and restaurants. i did take the buns off of burgers and said no fries but at other times i ordered dessert or used the vending machine (yuck!!) my water intake wasn't what it usually is either. i weighed this morn and i am up 8lbs, not good but i am back on plan today. i have to return to vancouver feb 15 for the memorial service but i will only be there 3 days this time and i will be prepared and take legal snacks that can be kept in the hotel fridge. my goal of course is to lose the extra 8 before i have to leave again.
hope everyone is back in the groove after the holidays and working toward their goals.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 14:19
Registered Member

BF:

jesdorka, Thank you for the welcome! It is definitely hard to stick to a plan when you are out of your element. I have faith in you that you can get rid of those 8 pounds before you have to leave again!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 08:24

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 192/167/145 Female 5 ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Jesdorka, Welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
I know how hard and stress times like this can be. The important thing
is to take care of yourself and your family.... everyday is a new day on this way of eating. I also have faith that you will lose those 8 pounds... some of it is probably water anyway.

Take care.
Kara
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 22:05
Registered Member

BF:

Great pictures Kara! Thanks for sharing, I LOVE lookin at everyones pics!
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 11:35

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

good morning everyone, i hope everyone is doing well.
i have lost a pound and am back in ketosis. i am feeling so much better now that i am back on my "normal" food plan. i have been walking but haven't got back to the aerobics and the bike yet,got to get back to it and will have to check my bp at the mall this weekend.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 17:26

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Alive but barely...

Hi all.

I'm still alive! (barely)

I spent Christmas eating, eating and more eating. I couldn't come back and I've just recently (this week) jumped back on the waggon again.

I came back to this specific post to beg for forgiveness... I started you all on this 60 day thing, and I couldn't even stick to it myself

Why is it that I can't kick myself in the butt like most people? Well I'm not having a pitty party so lets forget about that question.

If you're all still willing, I'd like to re-join this forum