Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-09, 18:35

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Wonderful posts today.
I love the idea of naming that inner voice. I think I'll jump on the wagon and give mine a name. I'm thinking Prissy Sissie PS for short. My family's nick name for me is sis but I'm not Prissy at all. And I think its that prissy part that works on me. Always want to be right, knows best. I think it fits.

Judy is so right about remembering/thinking about all the good things we get to eat. I've always liked spicy foods and have added more spices now.
I use garlic like most people use salt. I'll be safe from vampires since I eat so much garlic.

Well time to say Good Nite Gracie.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 05:28

Well its the start of an another Wonderful Day.
Just like to share something with you.....This is a great saying from one of my Grandma's. I'd call her to check in with her and see how she was doing a couple times a week. I'd always say Gram how are doing today or hows your day.
Her reply was always the same.....Its a Wonderful Day I woke up.

I have a lot planned for today, so need to get a move on.
Making a quick trip to Wally World then back home. Yes I plan to stay home.
And keep PS in check!

So My Friends have A Wonderful Day.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 06:45

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/182.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Thought I would bring this over to tell you all how my mother is doing, it is remarkable what 1 week on South Beach has done for her! Even with a few slips and mistakes the difference in her thinking and attitude are such a joy to me I can not even start to describe how good I feel that she is feeling good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
My mom is doing extremely well, she has gone from 200.4 last week to 196.2 today, that's 4 lbs in a week which is amazing, she has made a few mistakes like eating some cranberry sauce (which is literally berries and sugar which is definitely off plan )and steak instead of the lean meat they suggest for the first two weeks.

I dropped into see her this morning and she was so "clear headed" for before 9 in the morning that it was like I was talking to a different person. She was eating a ham slice wrapped in cheese with several almonds and a glass of V8, she looked at me and said I never thought I would eat this for breakfast, which means she is not only willing to change, she really wants to change.

I complimented her on her weight loss, and told her how good she looked and discussed what was working for her and what wasn't, she is bending the rules a bit but she has come so far that I think it will be ok. She even mentioned that she didn't realize how much sugar there was in beets, which means she is reading and finding out information on her own, I told her I guess that is why they call them "sugar beets" and we both laughed. She is actually starting to laugh again.

This is remarkable progress, I am so happy I could just bust.

There are a few things that she is doing that I have let slide, you are supposed to stay away from luncheon meats, but I assumed the sliced ham she was eating did not have "fillers" in it like others might, I will check though, and I don't really think that light chives and herb garlic cream cheese is allowed in phase one, but these are such small things I'm sure it will be fine even though she may lose less quickly. She is going to have pan seared scallops for supper tonight with asparagus, which means she is really starting to plan ahead, another step in the right direction, she also mentioned that after she eats all her veggies at supper that she is not interested in eating anything else after supper.....not even desert. All I can say is "Go Momma".

I hope you are having a wonderful day, it is a good day to be alive!
Jo-Ann
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 09:00

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/182.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Just hand a wonderful omelet with red bell pepper, mushroom, scallion and less than an oz. of aged white cheddar, I pan fried the veggies in a little evo before I added them to the omelet, I also had a 1/2 glass of V8, so I think I got the lunch right.
I am thirsty again today, maybe the vegetable stock in my cauliflower soup last night had a bit too much salt, it didn't taste salty though and since I only get salt from that and in my dairy I can usually taste it, oh well, I'll drink more water and that is not a bad thing. LOL

I am going to have haddock for supper and veg's, I am down a pound in the last two days, 0.8 yesterday and 0.2 today so I am very pleased, a new low!

Hope everyone is having a great day on the Beach.
Jo-Ann
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 11:14

Plan: DSP
Stats: 232/197/150 Female 5'2"
BF:lots of it
Progress: 43%

ScotiaGirl~
Thanks for sharing that post about your mom's progress. You brought up some really good points, especially about how she seems more clear headed. I find that when I start cheating with too many carbs that I can't think clearly and start to feel depressed.

Today I woke up at 5am with a horrible tummy ache which lead to throwing up. This would have been my 3rd day on Phase I, but I ended up eatting some saltines and a piece of toast. Also took a percocet for some shoulder pain. Feeling a bit loopy. Hoping I can make it through the rest of the day sticking to plan.

"Pudgy" tried to talk to me last night but I just ignored her.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 15:48
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee4LC
ScotiaGirl~
Thanks for sharing that post about your mom's progress. You brought up some really good points, especially about how she seems more clear headed. I find that when I start cheating with too many carbs that I can't think clearly and start to feel depressed.

Today I woke up at 5am with a horrible tummy ache which lead to throwing up. This would have been my 3rd day on Phase I, but I ended up eatting some saltines and a piece of toast. Also took a percocet for some shoulder pain. Feeling a bit loopy. Hoping I can make it through the rest of the day sticking to plan.

"Pudgy" tried to talk to me last night but I just ignored her.

Sorry you're not feeling well Renee!
I've found that now when I have a sick tummy, a bowl of oatmeal and a banana goes a long way in helping my tummy feel better. and its good choices too!!
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 19:28

Jo-Ann, that is wonderful news about your mom.

Renee, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Be sure to get enough fluids.

I had a great day, got a lot done, kept busy all day. I'm feeling so good.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 06:57

Just wanted to say goodbye to this post.

Phase 1 is designed to get started, not as a lifestyle. So for me its time to move one

I'm moving on and adding in phase 2 foods. My goal was to clean up my eating, get portions under control. And start posting here again.
I've achived those goals. I know it will always be a struggle for me.

Thank you Everyone for sticking with me while I struggled.

Have a Wonderful Day, Live Life to the Fullest.