Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 11:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile Glad you're back

First....let me say, your gym log is getting quite cluttered....would you prefer I wrote in your journal? I mostly only write about gym stuff, so I thought this would be the place to do it, but....it's getting to where it no longer looks like a gym log. So....either place is fine with me. Your call. I had a guy PM me yesterday so as not to clutter mine up, that's when it occured to me, that you might would rather I stay out of here except to see what your progress is. Now....I love the excuse "noble causes".....how can anyone hold whatever you did against you with that excuse. You really should throw more of those fancy words out there on occasion. On to the gym stuff.....I am taking Relora (it is my understanding that is basicly the same as Relacore, but without the DHEA, which I supplement.) I might break down and do the Relacore later. I know the size will come on down with the WOE and the lifting....I'd just like it to happen faster....so I whine and look for a magic bullet. Thank you for strokes on my increase in db weight.....interestingly I got my husband 40 pound dumbbells for Father's Day!! (Actually I chose the gift but my son is the giver of it.) I'm back to legs and shoulders today. Enjoy these relaxing days and get ready for Sunday's work-out! bye for now
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 11:57
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer
Red,

I can't remember whether you take l-glutamine just now or not..... If you don't, it might help, if you do....

I hate it when things like that happen with flat pack furniture Sometimes you'd have been just as well from a time/ money point of view buying a real thing rather than a lego kit from Ikea or somewhere...

I see what some people lift compared to me and I'm too... but it will all come in the end

And yeah, looking at my UBWO makes me feel tired too!

See ya!
I take it after my workout and before. Well before is just because I make just one shake and it's already in it.

I said I knew how to do that and why didn't you get the Ikea dudes to come and do it. She is like a tomboy real tough she can do anything so that's why. She's good at everything. It was fun though. She had a new toolkit with even tool thing you can imagine.

She also gave me a huge lecture (don't quote me in my journal because she visits it but doesn't post. About stopping being so umm overly strict with my eating, not counting carbs and me not losing anymore weight, eating more etc. She is concerned.

red
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-04, 06:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile You don't need Relacore!

I was just looking at your gallery, and was wondering.....why are you wasting your money on Relacore with that flat tummy of yours? Must just be for the relaxing effects it's suppose to have. You are really looking great! And that was a sweet picture of you and your dd when she was first born.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 08:46
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

WOW, the start of week 9 already

UBWO today... went great (although problems with getting there, pesky public transport!)... will post it soon
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 09:25

BF:

UBWO

71 minutes

Weights in kg (lbs)

Dumbell Bench Press 12 x 15 (33), 10 x 16 (35), 8 x 17 (37), 6 x 19 (42), 12 x 18 (39)

Woohoo, got the max up this time... I'll possibly go for another increase next time we'll see

Dumbell Flyes 10 x 12 (26) - still didn't complete the 12 but managed more than last time (only 8 last time) so I think I'll stick with that weight

Side Raises 12 x 4 (9), 10 x 5 (11), 6 1/2 x 7 (15), 6 x 6 (13), 9 1/2 x 6 (13) (had to go up to 7 earlier than planned due to availability of weights, ended up affecting the subsequent sets)

Shoulder Press 12 x 8 (18) - took the weight down a bit from last time so I could do a whole set... damn my shoulders are weak!

Wide Grip Pulldowns (different machine from normal) 12 x 35(77), 10 x 40(88), 8 x 45(99), 6 x 50(110), 12 x 45(99)

Assisted Dips - kept same weights as last time, managed closer to complete sets this time though

12 x 52.5 (116), 10 x 45 (99), 8 x 37.5 (83), 5 1/2 x 30 (66), 10 1/2 x 37.5 (83)

Tricep Extension 10 x 8 (18) - only managed 6 at that weight last time, my tris were crying for their mummy at the end of this

Hammer curls - was determined to go heavier (lol, I'm impatient!) so did it a bit differently to normal, basically did it till failure each set (hence strange numbers lol!):-

8 x 11 (24), 4 x 11(24), 5 x 10(22), 5 x 10(22), 7 x 8(18), 6 x 8(18)

Farmers walks 3 x 30 (66) - kept the weight the same, more for the safety of my toes than anything else but added an extra set. One day I might do these and not get funny looks from everyone else in the gym

I am the only person I've ever seen do farmers walks in my gym, and I've only ever seen one other person use the assisted dip machine (although he was using it to do non-assisted dips ) - and don't think I've seen anyone doing non-assisted dips on the standard bars (only bench dips)...... oh well, I like farmers walks and dips
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 18:25
"Natural Mystic"

Hi Doogie! Great workout huh. Whew, I got tired from reading your workout.
Quote:
One day I might do these and not get funny looks from everyone else in the gym
I can picture it.

Sweet Dreams.
red
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 00:32

BF:

Just up an about to go so 20MAS running in the park again..... hopefully I wont this time either
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 02:11

BF:

No but just about
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 16:05
"Natural Mystic"

You didn't

Hi Doogie! Hope you had a great Sunday and didn't feel too sad. I hate Mondays, good thing this one is over.

Tomorrow Legs for you, huh?

Hugs
red
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 23:53

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

great job doog! hell you know if you almost puke you reached your 10s for sure! GREAT JOB!

great UBW yesterday! what do you do for biceps? the hammer curls? i was trying to see where you are getting so much time accumulated....you do do your CHEST- the db bench press and the flyes right?....BACK-wide grip pulldowns and what?......SHOULDERS-side raises and shoulder press.....BICEPS? the hammer curls and what?....triceps are the dips and extentions right? im just trying to get a perspective so i can help you knock this workout down to 45 minutes or less sweetie!

talk to you soon!!!!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 06:03

BF:

LBWO today.

52 mins

Planned to do squats and up the weight but rack was occupied... probably just as well given my leg press performance! Last time I did leg presses, got up to 240, so planned to get 260 today, but during my 220 set I got to 9 and my legs gave way..... thank goodness the leg press is a safe fail thing, which I know now but I did get a little panicky when the sled kept coming at me before it hit the bumpers... and there was much swearing in surprise... And of course I had to empty the sled before I could get it back into position for the next set!

kg (lbs)

Leg Press 12 x 200 (441), 9 x 220 (485), 8 x 220 (485), 6 x 240 (529), 12 x 200 (441) - could've probably gone 220 on the last set but didn't want to push it after the embarassment from before

Leg Extension 12 x 40 (88) - think I'll take that up next time

Straight Leg DeadLift (Dumbell) 12 x 14 (31), 10 x 15 (33), 8 x 16 (35), 6 x 17 (37), 12 x 17 (37) - all up this time but will probably put up next time again

Leg Curl 10 x 35(77), 2 x 30 (66) - still couldn't manage all 12 at initial weight, but more than last time

Standing calf raises 12 x 127.5 (281), 10 x 135 (298), 8 x 142.5 (314), 6 x 150 (331), 8 x 142.5 (314) - weights up again although last set kicked my ass!

Seated Calf raises 12 x 40 (88) - I was almost screaming at the end of this I haven't got the weight up on this for ages, but it always kicks my ass after my standings. Literally had to sit on machine with legs loosely hanging for about a minute afterwards before I could put a foot on the floor!

I wish my calves would normally look like they do after a workout!

Did 2 x 12 hanging leg raises for a change since my upper abs are coming along not bad, but lower still suck (although a lot of this is to do with fat! )

then 2 x 12 oblique crunches on stability ball and 2 x 12 incline crunches with legs on stability ball.

Legs nice and wobbly trying to walk down the stairs in the gym
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 09:33

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

great job on the LBW! i know just what you mean about the nice wobbly legs! i dont workout on a machine....just my barbell and trap bar for everything ( with the weight bench)...and after a good workout i cannot walk either! feels great aye?

Quote:

At the moment I've just been doing hammer curls for the biceps... sometimes I do hammers and normal curls, but sometimes just hammers. For back I'm currently only doing wide grip pulldowns... I was doing reverse grip as well but was feeling it was hitting my tris too much, and I wanted to save my tris for the dips and extensions.

ok now doooog....you KNOW the BFL routine....you need TWO exercises per body part....the first for the long set of reps and the second for the final 12 reps! why not try reverse curls for the biceps sometime? they really work well for me!

i do bent over rows with the barbell for my back too and OMGGGGG does it burn baby! you gotta find a second exercise for your back too!

youre doing great! just thought id throw some stuff at ya!

love ya doogdawg
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 17:11
"Natural Mystic"

Hi Doogie! Thank God for safety attachments.

Yeah, when it's light enought I can lidt them but if the are too heavy and above my height I can't take them down so I have to go bug the front desk to get someone to do it.

Great workout. Congrats on surpassing your weights for Leg press. I can't wait to do legs again.

Hugs
red
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 00:05

BF:

Ugh.... just got up to do 20MAS in the park and it's ridiculously windy and raining.

Do I

A) Suck it up, don't be a pussy and get out there
B) Dig out the treadmill from the cupboard (although it's a cheap manual treadmill, not an electric one)
C) Play DDR instead
D) Sit on my fat ass and skip 20MAS today

LOL!
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 00:26

BF:

Ugh..... it's that really fine rain that soaks you through

I think I'll go for C Alex.