Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/122/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiqinglon
Everyday is a struggle for something...life is not easy. And then again, usually things that are worth anything aren't either. There will always be some kind of obstacle that will attempt to pull you down, make you quit the race, discourage you from the path, and so on. You can not let any of that win over you. No matter what happens, you must remember you have the power over yourself to decide how you want to continue to feel and act. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to be hurt, but you must move on. Allowing yourself to be stuck in one chapter of the book of your life is gonna get you no where. At times the struggle is hard and sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is so far that we may not even see it at all. But you can not allow yourself to falter, you must still believe that the light is still there ready to greet you even if you can't see it. Along way as you tackle the obstacles, there will people there with you. Some will help you, some will try to bring you down. Trust your heart and trust those who you believe will help you. You do not have to go through anything alone if you choose not to. Part of loving is being hurt sometimes, but you can not let the hurt win over you. You are a beautiful person, a beautiful friend, my confidant, and my best friend. Just know, I love you.

Thank you for making my life brighter.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 06:56

Plan: SB
Stats: 257/257/150 Female 62inches
BF:lots
Progress: 0%

Good Morning Am was thinking about you so I thought that I would just drop a little note. Take care of yourself. Tina
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 08:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/307/185 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:51%
Progress: 26%

Hi Am,
I hope that you are hanging in there. I just found this thread and wanted to add my penny's worth.
I have been dealing with major depression for the last 14 years or so. Prozac really has helped me.

Therapy has helped more.
In the Bay area, there will be places where you can get free or low-cost therapy, so I hope that you take advantage of the lovely place that you live.

Getting dumped hurts more than words can say. I was involved with my ex for six years, fully planning on spending the rest of my live committed to that person, and suddenly one day, realized that there was someone else that meant more to my ex than I did, and yup, within a week I was single again.

It hurts like hell, and it does not go away for awhile. I have finally begun to realize that I deserve a lot better than I had in that relationship, but sometimes I still wonder what was wrong with me that I got dumped.

While food is less destructive than drugs in the short term, please get help and figure out if there are any other reasons (besides all the current stress) that add to the mix.

No matter how badly we are hurt, it is possible to recover. The process may be slow, but your life can improve.

I am still recovering from my childhood. It has not been easy, but I am getting there. And this past weekend I actually spend a couple of days with the family I grew up with, and when I left I didn't binge!

This must be a first for me!

I hope this was helpful rather than just being all about me me me...
Please take care. Part of the problem with dependencies is they can convince you that they really are helping you. And it may be that in the short run they are.

You are strong enough to face whatever has happened to you in your life.

Good luck and hang in there.
Rena
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 08:51

BF:

I'm still hanging in there, another day, another step.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:17

Stats: 260/211/180 Male 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtuamor22
Thank you for making my life brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtuamor22
I'm still hanging in there, another day, another step.

#66   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 18:40

Plan: SB
Stats: 257/257/150 Female 62inches
BF:lots
Progress: 0%

Hi Am I haven't forgotten you please let us know how everything is?
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:47

BF:

I'm doing well, thanks for asking Tina-Mich