Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 19:50

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Hey Tabitha
Good work!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 18:16

Plan: low carb
Stats: 205/173/150 Female 5' 6''
BF:38.79/38.13/30
Progress: 58%

Welcome everyone!

Sunday: 50 min treadmill
tuesday: 45 treadmill
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 19:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%
Question Need some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariAnna
Kelly rest and get better! You will be twice as motivated and ready when you are healthy enough to return! How long before you can safely return to exercising?

I have been doing the intervals too, I will do 3 min running then fast walking. I don't time the intervals but get 3-4 burst in a 45min. WhenI i run I can get my hr to 160 but it takes about 1 minute to drop it back to under 130. When I first started exercising I couldn't run at all and could stay in my target hr with a fast walk. Glad to know I am getting fitter but feel slightly punished by having to work harder !

Sunday: 50 min treadmill

Hi there, you are my hero right now, I'm working my butt off and it's killing me, but I will NOT give up. I was wondering if you had any advice for blisters on your feet, I have 4 pair of running shoes that I alternate but each shoe gives me different blisters. I have a big one under my big toe, both feet have blisters on the back of the ankles and generally my feet are sore!! Guess that is the price to pay for being so overweight.
My next question is about how to change my routine on the treadmill, presently I am walking at a 2 incline- 3miles in 60 min every other day. I was wondering if you knew what would be best to change: incline to 3, speed or length(although I don't know if I could do more than 1 hour) I also just bought a rebounder that I will be starting tomorrow, so I will be doing that every other day. My right leg is fused so I have limited possibilities excersise wise.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-12, 21:25

Are your shoes too small? I used to teach clinics at a running club and we always advocated getting a professional fitting.
I have found that there are only a few shoes that fit me well because my heel is narrow but my toes swell when I walk or run so I need a wider toe bed. I was always getting black toe nails till a good shoe guy put me in the right shoe.
Just my 2 cents
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: Own
Stats: 276/274/140 Female 5'6''
BF:57/57/30
Progress: 1%

wow KariAnna, two days in and nearly a complete two hours already!

Robyn, I don't have any tips...though I agree with Kelly about the professional fitting...I also have a narrow heel (very narrow) and a very wide ball of foot...I wear vibram five finger shoes (they adjust to fit your foot perfectly) because there are very few traditional shoes that fit me! I want to encourage you and say that I am proud of you for doing what you can and not giving in to the pain! You go girl!!

Yesterday I got a 20 minute jog, my calves were locking up, I need to spend more time warming up! Today I went for a brisk walk (3mph) for 20 minutes with my pups. I think I strongly prefer the outdoor activity (even in all the pollen) to indoor treadmilling. Sunlight is so nice I am gonna go with the pups from now on as long as weather is permitting.

70 minutes out of 120 minutes for the week
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 18:53

Plan: low carb
Stats: 205/173/150 Female 5' 6''
BF:38.79/38.13/30
Progress: 58%

Way to go everyone! I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas on monday...so I am super motivated right now!

I invested in running shoes and those helped a lot with blisters and sore shins. I purchased them online, on clearance. Guessed on size and got lucky but the extra support of the 'running' shoes seemed to make a difference. There is a product call 'mole skin' that is supposed to be great for preventing blisters. Never used it, but have seen it a few dept stores in foot care section. Acts like a second skin to prevent blisters.
http://www.drugstore.com/dr-scholls...x-3-38/qxp14287

I don't have a routine. I aim for 40 min of something and then do what ever I can to keep from getting bored. Run for a minute, walk for a few, run for a bit, walk with high incline. Sometimes I have the energy to push sometimes not. I just tell myself to do something and move!

I ran outside today 25 min run/walk. Lungs were burning a bit. I find it so much harder to regulate breathing running outside then on the treadmill.
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 19:09

Thank you so much for the kind words, it means alot to me All In and Karianna and I will go and get me some moleskin and some better sneakers.
Did my first time on the rebounder today (10 min.) and LOVE it, outside in the sun bouncing like a kid!! Feel a whole bunch of different sore muscles this evening though, guess that's a good thing.
Bahamas!?! I am so jelous, have fun, do everything and post some pics when you get back! You soooo deserve it!!

Last edited by robynsnest : Wed, Mar-21-12 at 20:55.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 20:52

Boy, a cruise to the Bahamas sounds great right now. We are expecting snow tonight . Very, very jealous Karianna!

I did 20 min on the Spin cycle tonight. I found that as long as I leaned forward it didn't hurt so I figured it would be okay.

Everone if doing so well. How's the HIIT working for you Becky?
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 07:19
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Pretty good, lost another 1/2 pound today. But my knees were sore so I had to lay off for a couple of days. They fell pretty good today so I should be able to get in some more time today.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 14:28

Hi All, wow, if you have not tried rebounding, I highly recommend it! I was supposed to walk on the treadmill today, but the weather was so amazing here that I could not make myself go to that dark torture chamber in the basement so I opted to bounce instead. I have muscles I had no idea were even there, in fact I'm sure they had forgotten they were there.
So I bounced for 15 min, feel great, and it's giving my feet a chance to heal a bit until I get a bit of cash together for good shoes. So I'm up to 1 1/2...
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 16:26
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Mon. 30 mins. HIIT in the pool
Thurs 35 mins. HIIT in the pool
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 16:27

Becky, congrats on the loss. For your knees maybe try RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) I do that for my ankles when they act up. I hate the ice part because it makes me cold all over but I usually only do it for 15 min.

Hey Robyn, glad to hear you are enjoying your trampoline. I wonder if it’s "finding" those muscles because it's working on your core strength? It might be worth me looking into it if it helps strengthen the core because my balance is awful.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 19:32

Hey Robyn, glad to hear you are enjoying your trampoline. I wonder if it’s "finding" those muscles because it's working on your core strength? It might be worth me looking into it if it helps strengthen the core because my balance is awful.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes Kelly, I have not felt the muscles in my stomach for ...I do tonight!! since my right leg is fused I don't have alot of excercise options, I did a whole lot of research and it is low impact, high velocity and something else, all I know is that within a few minutes my heart is pumping and I am having fun bouncing away!!
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 10:15

Almost 2 hours this week, just 10 min short. Tailbone is feeling better every week.

Weights Sun, Mar 25, 2012 11:06 AM 15:00

Walking Sat, Mar 24, 2012 10:30 AM 30:00

Spin Wed, Mar 21, 2012 5:57 PM 22:00

Weights Tue, Mar 20, 2012 5:55 PM 15:00

Walking Tue, Mar 20, 2012 4:50 PM 30:00

#75   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-12, 21:23

Way to go Kelly, I know all about the coxis thing, did that a couple of years ago and I can feel your pain, glad it's getting better and you're not letting it get you down or in the way of your success, you should be very proud of you!
I did nothing this weekend, too much running around, but I did get around to buying some moleskin,new shoes and some good socks, so I'm ready for a new week of moving!!