Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 17:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Happy Friday

Hello Ladies -

I'm in the office working on a Friday evening. Thought I'd check in and say hi. All is well in my corner of the world. 2 weeks in to working out almost everyday, I can definitely say I feel more energetic and in tune with my body. I feel muscles I haven't felt since I was a cheerleader or doing 'the wop' back in the day (how many of y'all out there know about that dance?) LOL I feel much better and look forward to seeing how different my body will be in 6 months.

I did my weight update today becase it's Friday. I am psyched even though I only lost 2 pounds. Why? Because 2 pounds is 2 pounds darn it!!! LOL That, and it's TOM. Nuff said. I am also weight training, and thus, building up muscle. Despite these facts I STILL lost!

Nadz - get your water intake on!

Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 17:43

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Enjoy the weekend all! I'm off to Jacksonville.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 20:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 322/294/222 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

May I join? I am 34 and have been doing LC since Memorial Day. Even though I have not updated my stats, I have lost 25 pounds since I started. I live in southeastern Virginia ( Near the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean) Beaches all around and this pleasantly plump gal has never been ready for swimsuit season. None of my friends are LC so I need some support because my girls don't understand why I can't have bread, macaroni and cheese and yeast rolls. I'm willing to help support you guys and please help me.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 20:38

BF:

Welcome Musicalk! You've come to the right place. Feel free to drop in and share with us. Why not start up a journal so that you can have even better support?
We're here for yah!
Nadz
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 19:00

Plan: the one that works for me
Stats: 220/214/180 Female tall
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Ladies! Just popping in to say hi. I changed my weight stats. I don't care anymore. I gained 14 pounds since starting this WOL, and I don't care! My clothes are looser, I feel so good, I'm seeing definition in my arms and legs. I exercise every day and when I just walk I can feel every muscle working. I don't believe in BMI anymore.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 20:32
Registered Member

Stats: 319/250/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hey Ladies!

Can another sistah join you all too? I am freaking out because I'm a size 26-28 and I'm trying to fit into a size 24 Bridesmaid dress before my brothers wedding on August 14. I have been doing sooooo many crunches and Tae-bo workouts. This is just my 4th day on STRICT Induction, but I started Monday, I haven't had any Diet Sodas, or sugar alcohols it is already hard, but I feel like I can do it if I try. I have no time to get the dress altered, but I think if I stay on this strict Induction, and keep exercising I can do it! Wish me luck ladies!
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 06:57

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default hey

im on a roll!!! down another pound today. i mustve pleased GOD somtime this week. thankya Jesus.....
anyway. today is cleaning day. going to get my washin on
luv jodi
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 11:23

Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Default What's good?

Hey Everybody,

Welcome MusicalK!

Hi Stajj, you can do it!! I'm here for you! I've been in enough weddings to know what that's all about. Strict iunduction can be very challenging, but it's worth it once you get going. Just take it one meal at a time and keep your workout up. You'll not only fit into the dress, you'll be toned up!

Congrats Soonslim you're doing it girl! Be blessed, stay focused and know that we're behind you!!!

Coolwater - I share your sentiments exactly. Get your workout on no matter WHAT the scale says!!! As long as I feel better in my clothes, hell - in my SKIN - I am good! I weigh in once a week, and last Friday it was my TOM, and I didn't care what the scale said! (2 lbs down) If this was the old me on LC, I would have been discouraged. I would have felt like, all of that work for this little bit? But knowing how my body holds water weight and that I was in this for the LONG HAUL. Like you...
I/don't/care!!!

Question: Has anyone started taking their measurements? I find it very rewarding to see my body shrinking inch by inch.

What's good Nadz?
Frodol - where ya ~ girl?

Happy Sunday
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 13:20
Registered Member

Stats: 319/250/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi Nasira, thanks for the welcome! I take my measurements at www.mybodycomp.com. I've lost 1 inch so far. I love inches more than pounds. Inches make you look smaller, they make your clothes fit better..I could care less about pounds, as long as I'm losing inches, I'm okay!
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 14:28

BF:

Hi all, I'm back. I hope everybody is doing well and surviving the weekend
Welcome Stajj!
Jodi, you're doing sooo well. I'm impressed!
Coolwater, you have the right attitude. Weight is not a true reflection of progress, inches are. So everyone, get out that that measuring tape and keep tabs on inches on the arms, bust, waist (belly button- umbilicus), waist (about 2inches below the bbutton), hips, thighs, calves, etc. That's where the true progress lies! You go CW!

Take care everyone!
Nadz

OMG! I just read the last part of your post Nasira! I didn't even know you asked about measurements! We're on a level girl!

Yup! Inches rule over lbs. Why?
We vary throughout the day with water weight, thus distrupting our weight.
Inches don't lie (except the occasional bloating in the belly due to carbs and/or salt)...No, our thighs don't bloat That's the real deal.
For all my sistas the weight train, you may get heavier BUT drop in dress sizes. Why? 'Cause muscle is built up, but takes up LESS space. The more muscle you have, the more fat that is LOST. Fat takes up space (don't we know it! ) So when we lose fat AND build muscle, we'll drop in dress sizes and look damn sexy!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all! And if anyone cheated on the weekend , forgive yourself, and let's get on with the good stuff!

Last edited by Nadz : Sun, Jul-18-04 at 14:34.
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 14:30

BF:

New Avatar, but still me

Last edited by Nadz : Sun, Jul-18-04 at 19:09.
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 19:17
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi everyone! Wow this thread is moving up in pages fast. I must have missed alot. Hope everyone is doing great! Welcome to all the newones. Glad you joined.

I went to St. Lucia for a few days (10) I got back on Tuesday past. It was a last minute trip. On the last few days I went off track so I am trying induction again. It's a struggle. I weigh 115 as of today. This has been a tough week for me--feel bloated, fat, miserable and sad. Think TOM is also going to come soon.

Inches by far rule!

Sweet dreams all.

red
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 06:56

Stats: 260/175/150 Female 5ft5in.
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello everyone, New members welcome! I am totally there on the measurement thing. I don't measure myself, but I do know that sometimes when I see a person who doesn't exercise and weighs 190 on t.v or in a magazine picture, I ask other people do I look like that, and they say no, you're not that heavy, when actually I'm a few pounds heavier. And then the person goes on to say that they they wear an 18 or something, and I'm able to wear 14 sometimes a 12, I know I have muscle weight. It all comes into perspective when you can wear that smaller size.

Good look everyone.

Last edited by elizabethr : Mon, Jul-19-04 at 07:04.
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 08:30

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default well

down to 195 today. does this mean im in for a stall. i hope not. but even so im ready for it. will switch up things. lost 6 lbs so far this month.
jodi
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 10:55

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH

Hello All!!

Congrats on your loss Slim!! That wonderful. I'm sure you won't be in for a stall.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I am doing exceptional I guess besides the fact that I would love to go home and sleep the rest of the day away. Well out of the fantasy my reality is I have tons to do after work today its just that I am missing the energy to do it. Does anyone have any good ideas on energy food/drink (caffiene free please)?? I nees something in a hurry or I may just pass out on my desk!!

Closed Thread