Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#616   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 13:58

Plan: Atkins...hp/hf
Stats: 333/313.2/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quad dominant workout w/ biceps:

back squats: 6x4~140lbs

lunges: 5x5~BW

SLDL: 4x12~100lbs

incline db curls: 6x4~ 22.5lbs

drag curls: 5x5~44lbs

hammer curls: 5x5~ 22.5lbs

whohoooooo!! i am so freakin psyched that i got all 6 sets of 4 squats in! last week i only got 4 sets before i had to lower! yay!! i did notice however, that my feet bruised after the squats. i have noticed this before...its like right at the top part of my foot about 2 inches down from the ankles...weird...somehow this part gets strained and bruises during these squats. course i am bloated as hell today too...ankles are swollen, so this all might be TOM related for all i know.

the lunges are getting easier! i feel confident soon i will get to start adding weighted dbs to them instead of only bodyweight! i no longer lose my balance on these....very kewl!

SLDL were the accessory hammie exercise for today...i love these! they really KILL my hammies! my forearms were screaming today too for some reason....by that last set of 12 i was in pain! wheeeeeeeee!

incline db curls were niiiiiice. i upped the weights on these today and really felt a great burn.

decided to do drag curls today...whoa i forgot how hard these were! man oh man! heheh crazy good!

last were hammer curls...i really thought these were a bicep exercise but i sure felt like i felt them more in my shoulders than in my biceps. ill have to go look them up again and make sure i am doing them on the right day.

i am STOKED!! feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okee dokeeeeee time to go get the kiddos!

Sponsored Links
  #617   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 10:05

BF:

HIIT done!! yay!
  #618   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 14:59

BF:

just finished my lifting! yay! heee

Verticle Push/Pull:
Back/shoulders (with calves)

pullups: 6x4~BW

bb rows: 6x4~114lbs ( first 3 pronated...last 3 suppinated)

db pullover: 4x6~45lbs

db military press: 6x5~30lbs

db side laterals: 1x5~15lbs, 4x5~10lbs

rear delt raises: 3 drop sets (8/4) ~ 10lbs/ 7.5lbs

seated calf raises: 1x20~BW 2x20~154lbs

man i feel great! the pullups werent REAL pullups of course...im still limited to doing them assisted on my toes...but i can really pull mostly with my arms now and i feel certain one of these days ill get these down!

i am excited about increasing on my bb rows...these felt great today!

the db pullover was really nice...i felt a great burn with these...i love them!

db military press went well....i used 30lb dbs and they felt just right...not too much of a strain like the 35lb db would have been....so i will stick with the 30lbs for a few weeks and then increase...i did feel a twinge in my right RC on the last rep of the last set of these though, so perhaps my form was wanning a little bit.

side db laterals make me feel like a woosey...hahhaa...i tried with the 15lb dbs but i didnt feel like i was going up high enough with these, PLUS i dont wanna hurt my RC...so i lowered to the 10lb dbs and finished all sets with these. the 10lbs felt a little light so maybe ill go up to 12.5lbs next time.

rear delt raises were next...i do 3 drop sets of these with 10lb and 7.5 dbs...really feel these in my rear delts..duhhhhh.....hahhaaa.....i like these a LOT...

last i did some seated calf raises...started doing 1 set of 20 with just bodyweight to see how my ankles were feeling...after this mornings HIIT they felt a little sore, but they were ok, so i loaded up the barbell and did 2 sets of 20 at 154lbs...and OMG my calfs are still burning....whew!!

so thats the workout! i am thrilled to say i think the Nitro Evolution gave me a second wind about half way through today...i dont usually get one and today i did...and the NE was the only thing different! yay!!

ill be back later...time to start the grill and get to cooking some burgers!
  #619   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 14:03

BF:

Hip/Hamstring dominanat workout w/ triceps:

SLDL 1x5~154lbs, 1x5~164lbs, 3x5~180lbs

leg curls: 5x5~47.5lbs

leg extentions: 4x12~75lbs ( quad accessory..lighter weights longer reps)

close grip bench press: 1x5~89lbs, 4x5~94lbs

db extentions: 5x5~20lbs

overhead barbell extentions: 4x6~44lbs
  #620   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 19:11

Plan: bfl
Stats: 179/119/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 102%

keep up the good work
  #621   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-05, 20:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesty
keep up the good work
thanks zesty!
  #622   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 02:33

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Heya Pammie! how you doing these days? Long time, no hear! Still haven't heard from that company I interviewed with in TX...

I did get reimbursed for travel expenses, however. If they ever get around to offering me a position, I don't think I'll take 'em up on it - they've *already* ticked me off!
  #623   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 02:33

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Repeat msg. edited out.

Last edited by IdahoSpud : Wed, Sep-07-05 at 07:38.
  #624   ^
Old Wed, Sep-07-05, 15:29

BF:

WOW...kick ass workout for me today...i seriously didnt want it to end!!

Horizontal Push/Pull:

rack pulls: 6x4~200lbs

bb rows: 6x5~104lbs ( first 3 suppinated...last 3 pronated)

upright rows: 5x5~20lbs

incline db bench press: 35lbs

pushups: 5x8~BW

db flyes: 5x6~ 22.5lbs

whohoooo man thise rack pulls felt friggin awesome today! i am stoked!

on the barbell rows i intentionally lowered the weight by 10lbs and really concentrated on form...obviously i used both the suppinated and the pronated grip and i am really happy with the burn i got doing these today. sometimes i think lowering the weight just a tad and really concentrating on form is better than just trying to lift as much as possible at all times.

upright rows? duhhhh...wrong day on these but hwta the hell...hahah....i was halfway through before i realized i was doing the wrong thing....so i went with it...no biggie...i always like working my rear delts anyway....LOL....i need some really good back exercises to switch to though...all i ever do is rowing since i do not have access to a cable pulldown or anything like that...suggestions?

incline db bench press was next...i love these....since i gave up on the flat benches to save my shoulders from injury i am concentrating on the db presses....the 35lbs is difficult but not too much...i really need to buy some more little plates to add to my adjustable dumbbells...im all out and 35lbs per db is as high as i can go.

pushups were next....this was about the time that wonder NE second wind kicked in....man i am loving that stuff....i am obviously getting a great pump throughout my workouts and this second wind thing is new to me and i really really love it. i swear i added an extra set of pushups just because i was feeling so pumped! yeahhhhhh!!!!

db flyes were last...again the second wind was still riding and i took advantage of it and added an extra set to the mix here too....damn man i didnt want the workout to be over! but it was already 50 minutes and i needed to go get the kids from school, so i reluctantly turned off the tunes and stretched before jetting out the door....

i feel fantastic!

#625   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-05, 15:22

BF:

whohooooo i just finished my workout for today and i feel fanflippintastic!
no fever today or anything, so once i got all the groceries put away i got right to the workout and really enjoyed it so much! YAY!

heres the workout:

Quad dominant workout ( w/ biceps)

ATF squats: 6x4~140lbs

lunges: 6x5~BW

leg curls: 4x12~40lbs (hammie accessory...lighter weight, longer reps)

barbell curls: 2x5~44lbs 3x5~54lbs

db concentration curls: 5x5~22.5lbs

hammer curls: 1x5~ 22.5lbs, 1x5~ 15lbs, 1x5~17.5lbs, 2x5~20lbs

man oh man the ass to the floor squats went GREAT today! i ALMOST added on one more set today but then i decided to just do the routine and not add to it....i LOVE the way this NE makes me feel! gives me a lot of energy for the workout!

lunges were soooo much better today! i DID add on a set there, and next week i will start using db with weights on them instead of just my body weight! kewl!

hammie accessory were next....these i did with only 40lbs and OUCH...i really felt them in my hammies BIGTIME....i love love love that!

moved on to bicep stuff next....

i did 2 sets of barbell curls with 44lbs and then got that beautiful SECOND WIND, so i upped the weight by 10lbs and knocked out the last 3 sets with that. i am stoked about it!

db concentration curls were good....but im not so sure im a big fan of concentration curls...hahaha....i think maybe next week ill go back to drag curls or something....even though i got all my sets in these kinda hurt my wrists.

hammer curls were next....talk about hilarious....i started out too heavy i guess with the 22.5lbs, so i lowered after the first set to 15lbs...TOO LIGHT...so i upped for the next set...STILL TOO LIGHT...hahhaa...upped to 20lbs for the last 2 sets...JUST RIGHT....i felt kinda like goldilocks on this exercise...LMAO

and thats the workout for today!! yay!

i am so so sooooo happy to be feeling better. i am no good at being sick at all!

eating has been low carb today....i ate the top of a hamburger bun pre workout ( WITH a burger of course...hahaha) but other than that i havent had any carbs at all really....just a few in the cream in my coffee this morning....it'll be fun to see how things go with this LC eating.

ok! ill be back later!!!
  #626   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-05, 16:40

BF:

Verticle Push/Pull:

pullups: 6x4~BW

db pullover: 6x5~45lbs

bb rows: 6x5~119lbs ( first 3 sets pronated...last 3 suppinated)

db military press: 6x6~30lbs

upright rows: 5x6~25lbs

cubans: 5x5~40lbs

ok...first were the pullups...i still cant do these unassisted...i have to stay on my toes still but i am getting stronger and stronger and i use VERY SLOW negatives on these....i really feel these in my back by my shoulder blades...is that where i should feel em? and lemme tell ya...i honestly push myself on these as much as i can...i use my ARMS...NOT my toes to lift...i feel certain i am well on my way to eventually doing one of these bitches on my own...hahaha

db pullover was next...i use the 45lb db and really REALLY felt it today....i even added on a set cuz i was feeling so pumped up and energetic...

bb rows were next...i upped my weights on these since my girl D is rowing 120lbs...i cant let her get too far up on me...hahhaa...holy gawd these were difficult, but i did em dammit and i feel great about it!

db military press was next...i use two 30lb db for these and i added a rep and an extra set today so i think next time i will try with the 35lb dbs. no shoulder pain today!

upright rows were next...i forgot that these kinda hurt my wrists when i do them, but i had already started so i stuck with them...LOL....got that wonderful NE second wind into the 3rd set...very very kewl~!

cubans were last today....these are always quite a challenging exercise for me since i have to THINK when i am doing them....but i like them....cant go too heavy on these...but youre not spozed to...so its all good! they felt NICE!

oops almost forgot to do my calf raises....brb

hahahaa...ok...ok...did 5x5 standing one legged calf raises with BW since i almost forgot them....roflmao....hey at least i got them in...i think i forgot them last time too....

yay! i feel stoked!

#627   ^
Old Tue, Sep-13-05, 15:41

BF:

man what a kick ass workout i had today!i really got a kick ass pump in my quads today while i was doing my quad accessory exercise. i did 4 sets of 12 lunges and holy gawd i SWEAR i finally SAW and FELT my quads under that fat!! heheheheee....this motivated the hell outta me! as a matter of fact, the entire freaking workout motivated me so much i honestly can say i wasnt ready to be finished when i was finished...LOL....THATS AWESOME!

Hip/Hamstring dominant workout w/ triceps:

good mornings: 6x5~104lbs
(cleaned and pressed each time)

laying leg curls: 6x5~ 47.5lbs

lunges: 4x12~BW (quad accessory)

close grip bench press: 6x5~94lbs

bench dips: 6x5~BW

laying triceps extentions: 1x5~44lbs 5x5~54lbs

ok...started with the standing barbell good mornings....i decided to clean and press the barbell each time today so i got in a good little workout just doing that...but DAYUM...i havent done good mornings in awhile and i had forgotten how well they hit the hammies! BURN BABY BURN!! i was extremely pleased with these today...i think the last time i tried them a few months ago i was only at 80lbs...so this is a nice little increase.

next were the laying leg curls....i used the 47.5 lbs instead of the 50lbs today so i could keep my toes pointed and pull my feet all the way up to my ass and hold for a sec....with the 50lbs i cant keep my toes pointed and by the end of the sets i am unable to pull all the way to my ass, so id rather lower a little and keep my form than do it half assed...LOL

quad accessory lunges were next....these were quite challenging! i did really well for the first 2 sets and then those last 2 were REALLY HARD...but i kept telling myself i was doing this for ME and no one else so i stuck with it and was really really proud AND pumped when i made it through. interestingly my quads were BULGING when i was done with these today...kinda made me walk funny even....lol...i have to say this is a first...i could see the quads and feel the quads....damn i wanted to KISS the quads....hahahhahahaaaaa....this motivated me to no end honestly! i almost wanted to cry i was so excited!

ok..ok...triceps stuff...

close grip bench presses were next...these were nice! i am happy doing these with the 94lbs...challenging! ( how the HELL do you use 120lbs on these D? GEEZ!) i keep my elbows in and close to my body, bar down to my chest and back up without flaring elbows and i always almost reach failure at the 94lbs and my triceps SCREAM for mercy!

bench dips were next...by now i had reached my second wind...i am getting accustomed to this second wind and look for it about this time in my workout now...there it was...i did all 6 sets of 5 easily and i think i will start trying to add weight or something soon!

laying triceps extentions were next...i started with the 44lbs but after the first set i knew i was way too pumped up to be happy with that...hahha...so i added 10lbs and WOW! these were also extremely challenging for me...but i made it through and by the end my triceps were bulging and my body was quivering and i was sweating buckets!

GAWD DAMN i love LIFTING! heheheeeee.....

tonight theres a buncha good stuff on TV so i plan on sacking out and watching the boob tube until 10pm or so. i will be back online after that as long as i can keep my eyes open! hehehe

have a great evening
  #628   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 16:41

BF:

whohooo baby I AM BACK! The bitch i was for the last 3 days is GONE...whohooooooo! hahahahaa

I got to my workout just a little while ago and I feel FANTASTIC!

Horizontal Push/Pull:
back, chest and calves

Rack pulls: 1x4~220lbs, 5x4~204lbs

T-bar rows: 5x5~140lbs

db rows: 4x6~45lbs

flat db bench press: 5x6~35lbs

pushups: 5x8~BW

flat db flyes: 4x6~25lbs

standing calf raises: 1x5~144lbs, 4x5~124lbs

Ok...started with the rack pulls...didnt realize i had loaded up the barbell wrong so the first set of 4 was with 220lbs...GAWD no wonder i thought i was weak as hell today! hahahaaa....but i got that set in.....but decided to lower to 204lbs so i could really keep my form and i am glad i did...they felt wonderful....

today was the very first time i have ever tried T-bar rows with the barbell....i LOVED THEM! i wedged the barbell end under the kitchen cabinet and then put plates on either side of the end so it wouldnt slide...straddled the barbell, grabbed the front top of it above where the weights were and lifted....these were kewl...i will definitely do them again next week.

db rows were next...i used 45lb dbs and honestly i think i can up the weight to 50lb dbs...i REALLY need to buy some more plates for these dbs....anyhooo they went great and i really felt a fabulous burn.

flat db bench press was next...i used 35lb dbs for these...upped the reps from 5 to 6 and they were challenging! that last set was VERY challenging...but i kept telling myself " ok this is the last set of 3 and 3...." hahahha....made it.....very kewl.

pushups were next....man oh man these were good....my wrists kinda hurt afterwards but nothing serious.

db flat flyes were next...these seemed almost easy today...hmmm....last time i think i said the 22.5lbs was difficult...perhaps i am improving? yay!

last i did my standing calf raises. loaded up the barbell with 144lbs for the first set, but i couldnt HOLD atthe top like i wanted, so i lowered the weight to 124lbs and was able to have solid form and hold at the top and bottom of these off the block.

YAY! it feels fantastic to be back to normal and lifting again!
eating is fine too...although i am finding its kinda difficlut for me to stay as low carb as i thought i could...maybe i need to tweak my eating and try to just eat clean and wrap my carbs around each workout.....we will see....

i will be back later to post my macros! have a fab evening all
  #629   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-05, 16:12

BF:

Quad dominant legs w/ biceps:

ATF squats: 6x4~140lbs

leg extentions: 5x5~110lbs

leg curls: 4x12~40lbs ( hammie accessory)

barbell curls: 6x5~54lbs

hammer curls: 5x6~20lbs

db curls: 5x5~20lbs

started with the squats of course....i was a little distracted because hubby was home and laying on the couch watching me, but i zoned him out and soon he got up and went into the bedroom to watch football...guess my grunting was distracting HIM from the game...bwhahahahaa....i am really happy with my squats today...i felt SOLID and never once doubted that i would make the rep.

decided to do leg extentions today...used 110lbs and they felt great! no prollems there either!

leg curls as my hammie accessory today...did the 4 sets of 12 with pointed toes and held at the ass for a sec....by the 4th set my hammies were screaming for mercy! very very kewl!

moved into bicep curls next...used 54lbs and was able to complete all 6 sets of 5, although that last set was EXTREMELY difficult and i have to admit i cheated a tiny bit by swinging my arms a little on the last 2 reps...LOL

hammer curls went perfect...i lie these...seems like i feel these in my biceps AND my rear delts....

last i did db curls...i was feeling great by now and these actually felt easy!! YAY! hahahahha

i am pleased as pie to have gotten in this workout today...after all the cleaning i did this morning i was a little tired, and then hubby came home and i almost didnt workout...but i took my dose of NE and felt that natural energy come on me about an hour later and decided what the hell...hehehehe....im so glad!!

tomorrow will be a rest day/low carb day...hubby is off and we will have a lunch date....yippeeeee! FUN!

hope everyone is doing great! ill be back later to snoop around...right now i wanna go have a shower and try on these new boxer briefs i bought for myself! theyre SO CUTE...i hope they fit!
  #630   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 12:44

Plan: ummmm....
Stats: 000/000/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:yes/it's/fat
Progress: 0%

hey girl
here's a stupid question for ya!
you know i recently bought a bar and some dumbells for home. the bar weighs 12.2 lbs.
when you state the weight you're lifting or record it, are you including the poundage of the bar or DBs in that number? or is that the number the plates add up to?
i know...
thanks in advance!!