Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 08:59

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

i'm addicted to chicken wings lately, i could have them for dinner every night wwith a mayo/hotsauce dipper...

I cnat have cheese anymore but there was a recipe for heroin wings that i used to make that was to die for...
forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=6391775

Last edited by walnut : Sun, Aug-21-11 at 09:04. Reason: added link for heroin wings
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 11:19

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1492
...I have started buying these 10lb boxes of pre-made 6oz beef patties..The box is 2.39$ a lb and the meat is delicious!! Really flavorful 85/15 mix...

Thomas, where do you get these boxes? (I'm in OR too). This sounds like such an economical and efficient way to be prepared, and I'm trying to keep track of my protein as well. Thanks!!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Tonight its baked bone-in chicken breast with a "fiesta ranch" type powder shaken on them.

Quote:
i'm addicted to chicken wings lately, i could have them for dinner every night wwith a mayo/hotsauce dipper...

Had those last night-yumo
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 19:05

Stats: 307/222/177 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Chicken broccoli bake! I'd forgotten all about how simple and good this dish is, but came across the recipe in a book I used to keep. It's so simple! Two cups of cooked (cubed) chicken breast, 8 oz. steamed broccoli in a 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo mix with shredded cheese on top baked in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. I added some garlic herb seasoning to the "batter" and it came out fantastically. Meant to save some to take for lunch tomorrow, but the husband and I accidentally ate it all
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 07:29

Plan: Back to Atkins Induction
Stats: 276/213/146 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZigeuner
Thomas, where do you get these boxes? (I'm in OR too). This sounds like such an economical and efficient way to be prepared, and I'm trying to keep track of my protein as well. Thanks!!

We buy them at Cash and Carry.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 09:27

Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Two cups of cooked (cubed) chicken breast, 8 oz. steamed broccoli in a 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayo mix with shredded cheese on top baked in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. I added some garlic herb seasoning to the "batter" and it came out fantastically. Meant to save some to take for lunch tomorrow, but the husband and I accidentally ate it all

This sounds great. i am always looking for ways to use up leftover chicken. We eat so much chicken because its the one protein ALL the kids will eat without argument. I just love chicken myself, have had it two nights in a row. I am going to try to make a note of this an remember to make it-i have leftover chicken in the fridge right now.

I'm going to grill some hotdogs-jalapeno and cheddar ones. The rest of the family is having chili dogs. I have a can of chili that I'm using for everyone else.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 10:06

Stats: 307/222/177 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn
This sounds great. i am always looking for ways to use up leftover chicken. We eat so much chicken because its the one protein ALL the kids will eat without argument. I just love chicken myself, have had it two nights in a row. I am going to try to make a note of this an remember to make it-i have leftover chicken in the fridge right now.

It would be fantastic with leftover chicken, and I betcha money your kids would love it too! You could extend this recipe SO easily if you needed to. If you wanted to throw carbs at the kiddies for whatever reason, you could make half the pan with breadcrumbs added and leave half the pan without for yourself.

Gotta love easy, all-in-one meals!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 20:05

Plan: ZULCA!
Stats: 353/279.2/175 Female 64 in.
BF: For now...
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelBB
We buy them at Cash and Carry.

Thanks!

Dinner tonight:
Cheese burgers with LC catsup, mayo, and habanero-dill relish. Optional side salad.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 20:44

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

l/c teriyaki baked chicken ( bone in w/skin) jicama, broc, carrot, snap peas, celery w/ ranch...husb had watermelon....
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 20:51

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

taco salad! Yummm ground beef with spices over lettuce a bit of grated carrot, diced tomato, sliced green onion and salsa. I'm amazed at how tasty it is without dairy.

last night we had curry stirfry: thinly sliced beef, lots of cabbage cut into ribbons a bit of onion and lots of curry powder. It doesnt sound like much but the way my husband makes it is delicious!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 20:59

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

authentic carnitas tostada with tomatillo salsa & mexican creama

Last edited by 2007 : Mon, Aug-22-11 at 21:17.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-11, 03:31

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Leftover hot Italian sausage cooked in marinara with lots of green peppers and some red onion. Hits the spot!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-11, 05:42

Stats: 218/181/130 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 42%

This is the best post! I've gotten so many great ideas from it. I love reading what other people are eating. I seem to be boring - so this is helpful!

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-11, 09:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn
Tonight, I am making bacon wrapped chicken. You take a roaster or frying chicken, rub it with about 2 tbsp butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper (any other herbs you want) then you lay bacon across the chicken and roast it in the oven. The bacon grease cooks into that chicken and it all gets crispy. If it gets too crispy before chicken is cooked i cover it with foil.

gotta try this YUM
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-11, 10:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Rib-eye drenched in butter and a nice green salad. Two big strawberries for dessert.

ok Im drooling!