Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

jemig4ever- I really loved Rockingham. I was sorry to hear that they will not have anymore cup races there. We have had pit passes too (Texas, Kansas and Michigan) you are right, those guys are really little. That is why I would be afraid to go on a ride-along with any of them.... I would not be able to get my behind through that window opening! ha But I guess if Waltrip can make it through with his "hair" we should be able to too! ha

Anyway, this morning (my 4th of re-induction) I was down another pound. That is not bad considering these three days have included TOM and usually I gain about 5 lbs with it. So that is a total of six pounds in three full days. It is almost exciting to step on the scale in the morning again. I have not felt this excited about lcing in over a year. How are the rest of you doing?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:53

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 256/199/160 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 59%
Lori,

Congrats on your re-Induction weight loss. I've lost four pounds since Sunday, and I agree with you--it's kind of exciting to step on the bathroom scale again! I'll certainly enjoy this for as long as it lasts.

Keep up the good work,
Anicka65
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 14:16

Stats: 190/167/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Wow... you guys weigh in every day, eh? I can't bring myself to do it. Once a week is all I can handle. If my weight went up a lb or two one day I'd probably freak out. Although it would be nice to see a constant lowering of the scale.... hmm...

I started induction yesterday and slipped twice right off the bat. Once I nibbled a piece of candy cane, simply forgot about the sugar (shows you how long I've been off this WOL) and the other I was so cold at work I had to have a cup of tea, and there were no artificial sweeteners to put in it so I used a couple sugar cubes. I will buy some splenda packets to take to work ASAP.

One thing I was kind of concerned about was how hungry I was all day. I ate well... bacon and eggs in the morning, chicken ceasar salad for lunch, then some pork/mushroom/redpepper kebabs and steamed broccoli for dinner... but I was still starving. I allowed myself a snack of chicken and cheese cubes at about 9:45pm. I don't recall if I felt this way my first go round or not... is hunger in the first days normal? Is that just the carbs protesting their eviction from my system?
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 20:52

BF:

Anicka65 congrats to you on the weightloss too! I know this will come to an end. I believe it is just the "fluff" fat that is going (ya know, water and some of the recent indulges I had! ha).
BabsTLC- I have not been feeling any hunger pains but I did start feeling the icky taste in my mouth yesterday. So I am assuming I have hit ketosis. I will not test with a strip until Friday or Sat. because when I have TOM the test strips are only pale pink so I do not want to be dissappointed so I will stay away a couple of days yet.
I also have had to catch myself before I stuffed something in my mouth which is not legal for induction. But I think I have been ok. Good Luck. Lori
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 00:32

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

llabonte, race fan here too, but for me my major passion is Indy Car racing. As far as falling off the lowcarb wagon, "there but for the grace of God go I". I have been LC for 2 years and able to feed my cravings without losing control, but you never know, it could happen at any time. I'm pulling for ya girl.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 08:11

BF:

mickster- I like to watch Indy cars too. We have season tickets to the Kansas Speedway and in July they have the Indy cars. I don't think we will be able to make it this year because of a family wedding. And I think Bobby has a huge fan base because of his mild mannered personality. I have met him about five times and he is always so sweet. (So is Tony Stewart for that matter, which is contrary to how the press portrays him). But I have heard Bobby let the f-bombs fly when we listen on the in-car scanners at the track. But I am a diehard fan of his. He has an awesome butt you know! ha
Congrats on your weightloss. It will be two years in May that I have been lcing. I am just getting serious again.

Last edited by llabonte : Thu, Jan-06-05 at 08:13. Reason: misspelled words
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 10:16

BF:

Oh yeah .. I am down another pound this morning! Woo hoo!!! That makes it 7 pounds since Sunday! I pray this keeps up!
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 12:15
Registered Member

Stats: 252.6/250.2/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Making progress

Hi all!

Just wanted to post a little update!! As of this morning, I have lost 2 lbs since Monday! I am very excited!! Can't wait to see how the rest of this and next week go. I might loose most of my Christmas Craziness weight! LOL

Have a great day!!

Bethany
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 13:00

BF:

elmoreb congrats to you! There is nothing like the feeling of seeing that stupid scale say one less number. It is amazing how in inanimate object can cause so much emotion!!! ha
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 13:19
Registered Member

Stats: 252.6/250.2/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Thanks!!

Thanks so much llabonte! I can't believe how well we are all doing!! Your weight loss is amazing! 7 lbs since Sunday! Fabulous!!!!
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 13:35

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%
Default Joining the club

Hello all...I allowed myself a binge over the last 2 weeks of December, and I gained 6 pounds. I had slipped into mainenance over the past year though I am still far from goal, but I decided to keep up with the workouts (which I have been progressing amazingly at - have been going to the gym religiously 4-6 times a week for over a year now) and eat lo-carb and just see where it took me. Well, it took me nowhere - I lost nothing - in fact, even with the strenuous workouts I managed to gain back up to 205 from my low point of 195 - and my Christmas binge added another 6 up to 211 - but after beginning strict (ok, I'm eating all the right foods for induction but I'm STARVING and therefore eating too much) induction I've lost 3 pounds since Tuesday - I didn't have the heart to step on the scales on Monday. So 208 looks better today than it would have a month ago, but I'm determined to lose steadily over the next 6 months - my goal is to be 160 by the end of June - that's a realistic 2 pounds a week. I have just taken my Personal Trainer certification course, and passed the theory exam with 88% - still have to do my practical exam in the next month or so, but after that I will be able to train people in fitness! And I will need to look like a professional, and that means constant improvement for myself if I want to help others achieve their goals. So let's all do it together...we can! But OMG I am sooooo hungry after my "binge" - I hope that goes away soon.

Best of luck to everyone!

Aj
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 19:15

BF:

I am happy we have each other on this site to be able to confess our sins. I too just kind of started eating a few chips (my favorite snack of yesteryear! ) and then right before TOM I tossed everything to the wind and bought a whole bag and ate the whole thing (it was one of those grab bag sizes). I only let that happen twice but I could see myself snitching more and more and that is when I decided that January 1 I was making a new start. SO here we all are! You people are great! Lori
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 20:01
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 185/175/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking I'm right ther with ya'll!

Hi all- Good t hear everyone's first week back in the swing is going well. Mine is too. I'm down 5 pounds since Monday. I had a small cheat but I guess it didn't catch up with me. As far as what the poster(sorry can't remember the name right now) said about being so hungry....I'm finding that if I drink lots of water,it's really helping. Also i have been eating smaller portions when I do eat so that I can eat more often. I am really seeing what mistakes i made last time and why and I feel that I now have an upper hand. Doing Atkins more than once kinda gives you an edge cuz you know what your body reacts to...i.e. nuts,heavy cream,too much cheese,sodium,etc. I'm noticing that I'm losing faster without having alot of the breakfast foods. Before I was eating a whole lot of bacon, eggs,and sausage and deli meat. I've only had bacon once this week. I haven't really had any eggs. I've limited my cheese intake this week too. I really like the turkey and cream cheese roll-up snacks. I put every veggie imaginable(acceptable of course) in my salad and I eat half of it at lunch and save the other half for whatever meat I'm eating at dinner. If I'm still hungry after dinner time. I drink a big glass of water,pray,read a book,and fall asleep. Sleep is the best thing when you're hungry. Close your eyes,start thinking about how good you wanna look by summer and think about what happened before and press through it,fall asleep. I also find that the more time I spend actually cooking, the less hungry I am when it's time for me to eat. I don't know if it's the smell or what but it alsokinda keeps me occupied so I'm not eating. Another big thing is to keep coming to the site...especially when it gets rough. I stopped coming and slowly starting inching back up....oh and letting people's compliments go to my head...that was another big one for me. I'd rather people not say too much until I'm like 10 pounds from goal! Well enuf of my chatter. Be blessed all!
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 12:04

Stats: 155/155/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone! This is my first post. I'm starting over again too. Quit smoking 2 months ago, can't say I starting eating much more but the weight has come back - atleast 10 lbs, afraid to step on the scale 'cos it'll just freak me more, my clothes are my true indicator. Anyhow, starting to workout again and focus on healthy eating & lc. I'm also going to through in some carb cycling to see if it'll boost my metabolism - ie eat 20 g for several days until no loss for a few days in a row, then up carbs & cals up slightly for a couple days - makes sense.

Wish me luck!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 14:30

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 256/199/160 Female 5 feet, 8 inches
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 59%
Hi, Strummer ~

Welcome to the forum...and welcome to the club. There are a lot of us here, ready to start the new year right! Best wishes on your low-carb journey!

~ Anicka65