Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 14:58

Plan: south beach
Stats: 112/103/100 Female 5'-1"
BF:
Progress:
Talking Scoop on Frito Lay's Edge Product line

I called Frito Lay after unsuccessfully trying to find the edge chips anywhere. I was told that they are being discontinued by the end of ’04 due to poor sales. She was unable to tell me if they are coming out with a new version of them. She also said that there is a place on the frito lay website called snackfinder where you can plug in your zip and select “edge” and it will tell you if there are stores near you still carrying them.
http://snackfinder.fritolay.com/

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-04, 08:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/274/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

you know i did actually find these yesterday at 1 supermarket. they were like 2 bucks a bag. looks like im going to have to stock up, but i am going to have to leave them at someone ELSES house. they are just TOO good.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-04, 12:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/250/199 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 54%

I gave up all low carb products....Im back to the meat and vegis....i keep getting sick from thos candies and what not...but i love thos dorito edge chips.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 00:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/270/160 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress:

I went to six different stores in two cities tonight, and the only place I found anything was Walmart, which had 5 bags of the Cheetos Edge. I am kicking myself - about 3 weeks ago I was in Giant Eagle and they had a few bags of Doritos Edge and Tostitos Edge on an endcap. I didn't buy them then, but of course when I was back in there about 3 days later, they were all gone.

The snackfinder thing on Frito Lay's site is useless...for every product I checked and every store I checked, it showed "Size Unknown - 100% Sure!". I don't know if that means they're 100% sure the store carries it, or they're 100% sure they don't know, or what, but it's confusing and I don't think it actually works regardless.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-04, 12:37
Keep on keepin' on

Plan: low carb
Stats: 130/113/110 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

OMG, I bought 20 bags today!!! I basically cleaned out the shelf haha. They should last me a year or more. Hopefully in about a year, something else will come out that will taste as great as these lc doritos.

~Trinity~
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 11:08

Plan: combined Atkins/South Bea
Stats: 230/211/195 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Doritos LC

I live in very rural northern New York and am still able to get these chips! Our Subway still has the small bags and our supermarket still carries the big bags! I guess there are some advantages to living out "in the sticks". :-)
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 11:49

Stats: 333/317/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

My local is now out as well. Strange about the low sales though. More often than not, my local store was out of one or more of the low carb variety chips. Seems they had a very hard time keeping them in stock.

In the end, it's probably good news though. Way too tempting to eat more than just 1 serving at a time.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 16:35

Plan: Atkins, Now Medical Weigh
Stats: 217/206.4/170 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 23%

I haven't been able to find them here in Michigan. Although, I did see the Dorito Ranch at Target. I should go back and pick up the remaining bags.

I'm craving salsa and tortilla chips so bad! I haven't never been able to find them in low carb. Are there any other brands that you would suggest? I don't want to cave and eat the carb filled ones.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-04, 18:40

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have you tried the Trader Joe's brand flax seed tortilla chips - they are amazing!!! crunchy, no soy, great flavor
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Dec-30-04, 21:22

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

The flax seed chips are good. My new favorite is one at HEB. I think it is "Garcia's Flax Seed Chips"
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 07:34

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

My Kroger still has tons of those terrible things.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 14:34
This is my Life...

Stats: 202/188/140 Female 67
BF:?
Progress: 23%

I can't find any where I live anymore, favorite being Tostida Edge. Guess my 'loss' may also be my 'gain' due to portion control issues! Ate my stash too quick!
Haven't found anything else I like. Guess I could try making some with LC tortillas if I get really desperate!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 07:18

if anybody wants these ill be glad to mail you some for $4 a bag (shipping included)
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 07:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Wouldn't you feel guilty supporting a company that churns out "those terrible things" ....what if the sudden surge in sales causes them to start again?
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
Wouldn't you feel guilty supporting a company that churns out "those terrible things" ....what if the sudden surge in sales causes them to start again?

yes, but none of these people in this thread seem to care.. so i figure if i have access to the chips, i might as well try to make some $$$ off of it.