Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 20:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthquake
Eating a wendys "baconator" without the bun gets some funny looks.

Just ordering burgers and breakfast sandwiches from fast food places always gets the weird looks. Half the time they have no idea how to serve that to you either. And sometimes when traveling, when they look at me all weird I say, "The aliens told me not to eat buns and bread, makes space travel less stressful."
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 20:29

Plan: mindful eating
Stats: 184.5/178.5/140 Female 66
BF:41/40/25
Progress: 13%

I'm sure this will probably gross out even a low carber but one of my favorite snacks is a slice of american cheese(natural type not in the celophane wrapper thing) topped with about 1/2 inch of butter and then peanut butter then another slice of cheese to make a sandwich. It may sound gross but all I can say is try it!

My boyfriend is also a low carber and he really grosses people out by eating baker's chocolate. Also, he eats chicken bones. He will bite the ends off and chew them up and then suck out the marrow and then break then in half and scrape the remaining marrow out with his teeth. Even I think that is kinda nasty.

Who in their right mind would think heavy cream in coffee is gross. Talk about brainwashed!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 20:30
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I just tried my natural peanut butter lathered on a slice of marble cheese.

YUMMO!

Lisa
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 20:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/255/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfGumby
"I always used to yell at my dogs in my best Fat Bastard voice, " I'm higher on the foooood chain!"

Haha, nice!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 23:00
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 247/236.5/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Ok, I just started true lowcarbing on Jan 1st. Going out on a limb here, but I have never been able to handle the fat on meat, if I ever accidentally eat it, I have to spit it out. And chicken skin?? Oh no. And mayo, I've never been a mayo eater, I have to have 3x the mustard if I eat mayo. In fact, on my chicken breast today, I slathered it in mustard. That picture of suet really freaks me out. I rarely eat butter since I don't really care for the taste. I do heavy cream or half and half in my coffee and I cook everything in olive oil. I eat cheese and nuts every day. I also have started to use pork skins in cooking and for snacks. I need to re-read about fat intake. I've been more focused on getting the protein in.

(I think I am going to have nightmares about that suet... )
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 01:42

Plan: My own lc plan
Stats: 169/167/135 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolie30
I have never been able to handle the fat on meat, if I ever accidentally eat it, I have to spit it out. And chicken skin?? Oh no. And mayo, I've never been a mayo eater, I have to have 3x the mustard if I eat mayo. In fact, on my chicken breast today, I slathered it in mustard. That picture of suet really freaks me out. I rarely eat butter since I don't really care for the taste. I do heavy cream or half and half in my coffee and I cook everything in olive oil. I eat cheese and nuts every day.

Oh, I feel exactly the same way. I'm fine with the idea of fat, but actually eating it is a bit of a problem for me. I have to trim all visible fat from steak. I can't handle the weird texture when I bite into it. When I have coffee with cream, I can see little pools of oil on the surface and try not to look at it while I drink. Peanut butter, oils, coconut milk are fine, but I gotta pass on the butter and suet.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 06:35
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 180/135/135 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 100%

Pork Rinds
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 07:00
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeJoi
I'm sure this will probably gross out even a low carber but one of my favorite snacks is a slice of american cheese(natural type not in the celophane wrapper thing) topped with about 1/2 inch of butter and then peanut butter then another slice of cheese to make a sandwich. It may sound gross but all I can say is try it!

That is just like those snack crackers that are orange (cheese flavored) with peanut butter in the middle..

Cheese and nuts go really well together...add in some wine and I am in semi low carb heaven...
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 07:21

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Sardines. My DH hates the smell, and you eat the whole thing. Little spine, fin and tail. In my higher carb days I used to eat them with saltines, now I eat them with pork rinds.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 07:54

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

It took me 5 years to try chicken skin or the fat on my meat. Loved them both. When I did low fat I used to say I hated mayo, truth was I was scared of mayo, lol.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 08:07
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

I don't like chewy fat from meat if that makes sense. If it is really cooked and crispy then I love it.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 08:17

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000
I don't like chewy fat from meat if that makes sense. If it is really cooked and crispy then I love it.

I agree. It has to be translucent and crispy on the edges. If it's opaque white, I don't like it.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 247/236.5/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea
It took me 5 years to try chicken skin or the fat on my meat. Loved them both. When I did low fat I used to say I hated mayo, truth was I was scared of mayo, lol.

I think I am scared of mayo. I found a recipe for an olive oil mayo that I am going to try.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 12:01

Plan: Ketogenic paleo
Stats: 186/167/125 Female 5'4"
BF:trying to quit
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeJoi
Also, he eats chicken bones. He will bite the ends off and chew them up and then suck out the marrow and then break then in half and scrape the remaining marrow out with his teeth. Even I think that is kinda nasty.

Who in their right mind would think heavy cream in coffee is gross. Talk about brainwashed!

Okay confession time...I do that also when I'm at home alone. It's tasty and my teeth are sparkling clean afterward! I read somewhere that eating meat off of the bones of chicken and beef also gets a little extra mineral content into you from the bones...don't know how much. Maybe the paleo people can answer that one.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 12:08
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLC
I agree. It has to be translucent and crispy on the edges. If it's opaque white, I don't like it.
Yeah, that's why I re-fry beef fat in bacon drippings or lard Ill have to ask at the market for some brisket trimmings (for my dog of course)

All this talk about peanut butter 'n cheese sandwitches sounds yummy. A friend advised me "to catch a mouse, always bait the trap with peanut butter and cheese" -- it works