Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 06:58

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Good morning Kristy,

Well, I have a confession. Someone took us "home to mother's" after church. The only LC food there was very dried out roast. I just ate what I wanted and then went back to my WOE when I got back home. It caused a 3lb jump and what a carbohydrate hangover today!!!

I really need to remember how it really feels afterward for the momentary pleasure of forbidden foods. I wanted to be strong and go without, but I kind of panic thinking about restricting my food intake. It's bizarre and I need to overcome it.

I'll be real strict today and go very LC and high fat.

The soup kitchen at your church sounds wonderful. I'm so glad to hear that you are serving the community around you. I will keep that in mind as I pray about what God wants me to do.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 10:44
Fit and Happy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I'm sorry you had such bad physical results from cheating, but don't worry! You are back on plan! Keep it up!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 13:34
Fit and Happy

How're you doing today, Randi?
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 20:41

BF:

Hi Kristy,

I've been so busy that I haven't gotten out to the mssg board. We're doing well.

DH got a job offer today - working at a woodshop near Taylorsville. He's still waiting to hear about the one in Newton, and the man there really wants to hire him also. But DH prayerfully thinks the job closer to home is the one God has for him for now.

I'm happy to be unemployed for a little while longer. I'm pleased to be working on the house during the day. When that's done or almost done, I will be ready and willing to get to work. I am still earnestly seeking though, and will happily go to work whenever a job comes my way.

I still haven't recovered from my cheat this weekend. I now crave sweets and am stuck at 238. I guess it's still creeping down, but I haven't done very well for the last 1.5 weeks. But I feel great, so I can live with it.

How are you doing?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 09:46
Fit and Happy

You'll recover!

I'm doing well. I lost 2.5 pounds last week and I'm happy with that, although I get impatient waiting for that scale to MOVE!

Please pray for me this week! I have a potential job that is dependent on budget approval, so please pray I get this job. Thanks!

Last edited by KristyC : Thu, Jul-31-03 at 09:47.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 10:04

BF:

I sure will pray. I didn't know that you were looking. Assumed you were a happy at home mom working as college professor PT.

Cheatfree 31 days! congratulations. I sure respect you for your self control in doing that.

Say, did you get hard hit during the storms a couple of days ago. I know Newton got slammed pretty hard. DH was there at the time, but he and the truck got home just fine. Everything bypassed us here in Taylorsville.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 19:35
Fit and Happy

I am trying to teach full time now! I used to, and loved it.

Yes, we had some bad storms here! We had some large tree branches down.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 10:18

BF:

Kristy,

Glad to hear no serious damage to your family or home.

I have good news. DH started his job today. He's happy about it. I'm anxious to see him after work and hear how it went.

I received a call today about an HR assistant job I sent my resume in for. Turns out it was to a temp service. But the job is permanent. It's PT - 3 days per week, has full benefits and pays well. I'm quite excited about it. They are sending my resume to the employer and I should hear something by the middle of next week.

I'm thinking this would be a great job to have and it would give me flexibility to work on starting the ministry I've been thinking about. Came up with a name for it: New Life Christian Ministries. Even created a logo, worked on business plan, and lots of other misc. stuff. I was up working until about 4am. Back up before 8am, and I feel great!! I'm just so excited about God and His goodness toward us.

Keep me posted about your job. I certainly will pray for you.

I'm still losing. Not fast but the scale keeps moving downward. Hit 237 today.

DD and friends will be in the area for softball world series the end of August. She plays ball with an old co-worker of mine. I'm about 50 pounds heavier than she last saw me. So I'd sure like to get another 20 off before I see her - that's vein, I know!! :-) But a good motivator.
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 13:09
Fit and Happy

Hi Randi! I hope your dh likes his new job. Did he end up taking the one in Newton instead of the one in Taylorsville?

I hope you also get your HR job. That sounds like a good opportunity!

Good for you for working on your new organization! That is something to admire. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Yes, that IS a good motivator. How old is she?
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 20:22

BF:

Kristy:

HD took the job in Taylorsville. But the man in Newton liked him so well he called him back today to say he will still hire him if anything changes with this job. He wanted to make him a supervisor. It was quite a compliment.

DD is 22. I miss her a lot. We were/are very close. My whole family is close, so it's hard on all of us to be apart. I'm so thankful for cell phones with free evening and weekend minutes. I talk for hours every weekend!!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 18:46
Fit and Happy

I'm sure you miss her very much! I am very close with my family, too. My siblings are spread out over this state and in SC, so I miss them very much, too.

I had a really busy day today! Went grocery shopping and then out to lunch with my sister. I had a grilled chicken breast with swiss cheese and bacon on top! YUM!! It was great. I also had a salad with bleu cheese dressing.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 22:32

BF:

great, glad to hear you had a nice day.

I always get nervous when I think about eating out. I'm used to being a glutton and also eating whatever sounds good at the time.

I've been feeling a little bored with my eating. Since we've both been unemployed we're watching our spending. So no steak and fun foods like I'm used to - lots of ground beef, tuna, salads, and eggs. I miss the steaks the most.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 14:21
Fit and Happy

I know what you mean, Randi! We don't get to eat steaks much, either, due to financial constraints right now. We eat a lot of chicken, tuna, ground beef, canned green beans, salad, etc. I miss thos yummy steaks, too!

Hope you're having a nice Sunday!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 19:34

Stats: 253/198/175 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 71%

My fellow North Carolinians might find this thread interesting.

Sam
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:26

BF:

smchan: checked out the link. thanks. Your welcome to pop in here once in a while and say Hi. What city are you from?