Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 15:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/143.2/129 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Paddy, you are near me. I live in Stafford Va and work in the Alington Alexandria area. My note was basically saying that I can not remember how long it took but, it took at least the first two full weeks and probably the week after that because I did not do strict strict induction. I drink wine and or vodka almost everyday. Spare the lecture but it is my only vice left!! So, it could go faster for you. I did not worry about calories at all. I ate salads too and I like a lot of dressing I get Annies Green Goddess 2 carbs per tablespoon. This week I have been bad about logging my foods but have stuck to the same stuff. I have been having bologna slices for breakfast, a basic salad for lunch like just romaine and tomato and cukes with a several tablespoons of dressing and dinner has been steak or hamburger or shrimp or buffalo wings, anything that is allowed and pretty basic. I also eat a lot of cheese so sometimes for a day or two I try to lighten up on the cheese. I have also been doing and Atkins or low carb slim fast shake almost everyday kind of like a snack. Here is my fitday log on, kellyd43 password trader. I have been bad about logging the past few days! If you have more questions afer looking through it please ask. I hope I am doing it correctly, some things I guess at, like if I eat 5 meatballs, I just take each ingredient and guess at the amount of each ingredient. I also think that afer the first two weeks you have to throw a couple of carbs in, just to shake things up. Like a low carb tortilla or two. But, that is just me. Again, if you have any questions after looking through let me know. But, it is too early! Do not give up!! It definately happens after day 6 , you need the whole two weeks! You will see! I promise!! Post your menus for others to see. Sometimes they find hidden carbs for you! Kelly
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 15:44

BF:

Sorry so many posts but it occured to me that the you asked about the first week. The first week I ate a lot. And I mean a lot!! I ate 3 egg omelettes with mushrooms and cheese and spinach and green peppers, I ate egg salad with mayo for lunches and tuna salad with mayo and bacon and sausage and pork rinds when I needed something crunchy and the sf jello with whipped cream and cheese and anything that was allowed and I mean anything! I knew it was important for me not to deprive myself. I stil drank my coffee with low sugar (they used to call it low carb) international delight vanilla creamer and I use a lot of cream too! After all that, things calm down cuz you just get full and you automatically start to cut down. But, trust me,,I ate and ate. As long as it was on the list!! Crazy huh??Kelly

Last edited by KellyD : Fri, May-19-06 at 15:46. Reason: spelling fingers tired!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 17:53

Plan: Dr. Berg/Atkins
Stats: 157/153/135 Female 5'8"
BF:not sure now
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShamrock
Go buy diet Liptin Citrus Green Tea. Zero carbs but tastes like regualar sweet tea. No artificial sweatners. It's beyond amazing. It's one of them drinks where you run up to strangers and say "Try this." and they say "YUM! Weirdo" I'm super cereal. Go buy a bottle and drink it and if you don't like it I will let you kick me in the nuts.

DJShamrock-
How much have you dropped so far? Update your stats. Word

Okay - I just bought sugar free jello and the tea you recommened. It is that powder kind that you put in a water bottle and shake up. It is green tea with mango and something, but it is lipton.

I'm still not going pink! I like to think that it is pink, but my husband claims it is tan. He is a scientist, so his expertise rules over mine. Okay, I had a diet coke with spelda, (okay 2) yesterday and today. Plus, I think mustard has carbs - I don't care what anyone says. Are you guys using any sauces at all? Maybe I should just eat stuff dry?

I HAVE TO DO THIS - I KNOW I'M CLOSE TO GETTING INTO THE MODE.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 17:56

KellyD-
I work in Alexandria - off Seminary Rd and 395. I mess with my settings so I can get email. Thanks for the fitday login. I'll check out your stats while I drink my green tea.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 00:12

Stats: 252/198/190 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddypower
DJShamrock-
How much have you dropped so far? Update your stats. Word

Okay - I just bought sugar free jello and the tea you recommened. It is that powder kind that you put in a water bottle and shake up. It is green tea with mango and something, but it is lipton.

I'm still not going pink! I like to think that it is pink, but my husband claims it is tan. He is a scientist, so his expertise rules over mine. Okay, I had a diet coke with spelda, (okay 2) yesterday and today. Plus, I think mustard has carbs - I don't care what anyone says. Are you guys using any sauces at all? Maybe I should just eat stuff dry?

I HAVE TO DO THIS - I KNOW I'M CLOSE TO GETTING INTO THE MODE.

I started around 245lbs. I now weigh from 233-236, but not about that. Usually saturday morning are when I see a big change. My strips were beet purple. I was like "grooovy" I justdid my first cheat. I probably have had about 10 grams of carbs if that today. So I went into the freezer and there was a Breyers low carb ice cream bar. Vanilla with chocolate shell.

It said on thre label 9 grams of carbs. But the NET Carbs were only 5. So, my brain tricks me with retarded logic like, "Yo do so good mon, have one small treat tis month. You are activiliy counting cards, and that ice cream will fit in threre, enjoy mon."

I say no rastafarian liviing in my brain INI, always giving me advice. You the reason I got fat in the first place. I should have never listened when you said weed is great, the munchies killed me.

So I ate one ice cream 5 net carb snack. Does this mean it's over for me. It's been a month on Atkins and I only cheated that one time.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 03:23

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

It's only over if you decide it is, DJS!
Just carry on with your Atkins eating according to the plan.

BTW did you check the list of ingredients on your ice cream bar to make sure all are also on the allowed list of induction-legal foods?

Be prepared to experience cravings for other sweet foods after a 'sweet cheat' by making sure you have plenty of legal highfat snacks available if the munchies strike!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 09:31

BF:

I woke up and did a ketone strip and it was darker and more purple than ever. I just that ice cream wasn't that bad.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 11:01

DJShamrock-
I am still tan and I haven't lost any weight this week. I went over my carb amount Friday - I was hungry as hell. But instead of giving up, I went back to the book and read the chapter on resistance. I have some issues (won't go into detail) but I ran out this morning and bought all the suppliements he recommends for people who have a hard time. Unlike you, I am a girl who has dieted since the 8th grade. I love food. When I was 13 I beat out 20 teenages (most older boys) in an ice cream eating contest. Eating fast is my greatest natural talent. What a gift.

I considered doing the fat fast, but I know that my push me over the edge, so I'm going meat and egg with some lettuce, but that is it. No dairy and vinegar base stuff.

The tea rocks! No nut kicking for you.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 11:20

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

Dj u make me laugh, ur doing great, and the focus is great, but leave the scale for a week, and really try to keep your carbs at 20, u don't want you body to read that you starving it, and u will keep losing, and pinkish, it good for ketone count, and keep drinking water, remember 1/2 our body weight in ounces is the key to water consumption.
  #40   ^
Old Sun, May-21-06, 12:25

Default Pink!

Finally, this morning after hitting the gym I went to pink. Thank God. One thing I know is that I can't have any sugar free drinks or jello unless it is made with splenda.

Too afraid to weigh this morning - had a bad feeling. I'll wait until Tuesday morning.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-22-06, 19:37

BF:

Awww Paddy! You rock girl. Just stick with it. Do your best. I know, we all know this is tough. But nothing you want in life is easy. You are pink! You are burning fat. Rock, rock on. It's science. Fat is going away, even while you sleep. When you weigh yourself only do it in the morning. Trust.

And now my favorite subject, ME!

Today has been my one month anniversary since I have started the Atkins. I really haven't cheated once. Except for the 5 gram ice cream bar. I am still at 233 lbs. (oh I am 6' 2" btw) I am in my 3-4 week stall. But it's cool. It's normal and part of what I knew would happen. I am not discouraged, it's natural.

Today at work someone asked me if I lost weight! I was like, "Alittle." See I go home to NY once a year to visit my family. I am a graphic designer in Bristol TN btw. I am leaving July 1 and I haven't told anybody I am doing this diet. I want to surprise my friends and family. Even if I lose only 5 more lbs in the next month that's cool. It's better than gaining 5 pounds ya dig?

The one thing I am sweating is the NY pizza. Pizza tastes like ass here. Really good ass, now that I think about it. Actually ass pizza served in a bucket of ass makes my mouth water on this diet. Whenever I go home I hit this one awesome pizza joint. I guess this year I can only eat the toppings. Yeah, just the toppings. Maybe next year I'll have a whole slice. A slice of ass. That would be a good band name.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-22-06, 22:21
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

DJ...you are hilarious. And sick. I like that in my friends. Pizza that tastes like ass? I don't want to know.

I'll just echo what everyone here has said. Stick with it - don't overdo the low-carb treats like LC icecream. Drink loads of water. And don't freak if you stall. I stalled for four months last fall, but finally came out of it in January and have lost 20 lbs since then. It will come off if you stick to it!!!!!!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, May-22-06, 22:48

BF:

Oh and I got a follow up question. I learned today that I must drink half of my weight in water. I tried it today and long story short I am banned from Sea World.
(rimshot)

Ok my question is this. Everyone take out their No. 2 pencils.

Okay are we ready? Begin.

Hey LilaCotten I see you cheating. Don't make me read that note to the rest of the class.

OK now here is my question.

If a bottle of water comming from Chicago on a train going 70 mph, and it's water bottle says it has .5L (1PT, .9 FL OZ) And bottled by Nestle Pure Life, and the train is going to Pittsburgh where there are no French to translate, how many Ounces of water are in the bottle.

The winner gets an HD-TV!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 04:42
Registered Member

Plan: induction
Stats: 239/190/165 Male 5,7
BF:huh/what/where
Progress: 66%
Default hey schmuck

u got 2 b kidding
  #45   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 04:44

BF:

You are a riot! Hi guys. Back from Maine and busy as hellllll. Leaving for the Outerbanks on Friday for 4 days of being a vegetable on the ocean with the hubby and the two fur kids. Can not wait!! Trying out the new slideout camper!! Woo Hooo!!!
137, lost one pound on crazy trip to Maine will have to post that one in my journal so you all can have a great laugh. Will try to do it tonight.
Paddy, I have serveral clients on seminary. Coke, IDA, and CTA on Mark Center Drive. The fountains (assisted living place on fillmore and best friend off of beaureguard. Too busy to fix spelling and caps. Must go to work. Kelly