Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 23:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/248/160 Female 5'4
BF:BigBallaFat
Progress: 2%

lkonzelman, I see what you are saying and you make a valid point.

lburnikell, I'm glad you are feeling better, and I'll make sure to watch my own carbs and get enough so I don't experience what you have gone through. Good Luck
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 04:06
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggiebro
lkonzelman, I see what you are saying and you make a valid point.

lburnikell, I'm glad you are feeling better, and I'll make sure to watch my own carbs and get enough so I don't experience what you have gone through. Good Luck

Thank you again for all your concern!! I feel great today I have bags of energy again, and I am full of excitment as I am gonna go buy tickets to see Iron Maiden in concert in Dec (yes I am an Old rocker at heart!!)

Im glad in a way I felt the way I did, it was obviously my body saying hey wot you doin!! Im glad it did it early enough before something bad really happended.
Hopefully froggiebro, others like you, will read this and realise although this is a low carb diet it isnt a no carb diet. I dont ever want people to go through what I did, or even worse!!

Good Luck with the rest of your diet!!

P.S I loved your quote about the frog Im still laughing now!!!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 09:01

Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

i'm sure glad to see you are feeling better, iburnikell...i was beginning to think you had some sort of viral infection from the sound of it...my son-in-law has that right now, and my pregnant daughter is still so i'm glad to be away from there!

i don't think i have any problem eating too little carbs! i eat way too much of everything, period! i am going to make that fried chicken with the pork rind breading tonight...if it's as good as it sounds, i'll be lucky not to eat all the chicken at one sitting!

..you sure can discover things about yourself when writing them down, huh?
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 09:37

Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I was really worried! (The only auto-immune thing I know about that would be affected by this diet is lupus, which can harm your kidneys, which have to work hard to deal with all the ketones: if your kidneys are compromised in any way, they won't be able to process the ketones and you could get sick).

Anyway, I am so, so relieved! Good to know all you needed was a few more carbs!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:26
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAtt
i'm sure glad to see you are feeling better, iburnikell...i was beginning to think you had some sort of viral infection from the sound of it...my son-in-law has that right now, and my pregnant daughter is still so i'm glad to be away from there!

i don't think i have any problem eating too little carbs! i eat way too much of everything, period! i am going to make that fried chicken with the pork rind breading tonight...if it's as good as it sounds, i'll be lucky not to eat all the chicken at one sitting!

..you sure can discover things about yourself when writing them down, huh?

Much better thanks!!, so your gonna be a gran by the looks of your picture you dont look old enough!!
You will have to tell me what the chicken and pork scratchings (rinds lol)taste like.
I am glad I have kept a journel because its amazing what you forget I sat and read it from the start, today and I thought did I feel like that, so hopefully the last fews days will be a hazy memory too!
Thanks for your concern hope to hear from you soon

Last edited by lburnikell : Tue, Jul-29-03 at 11:27.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 11:35
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaazz
I'm so glad you're feeling better! I was really worried! (The only auto-immune thing I know about that would be affected by this diet is lupus, which can harm your kidneys, which have to work hard to deal with all the ketones: if your kidneys are compromised in any way, they won't be able to process the ketones and you could get sick).

Anyway, I am so, so relieved! Good to know all you needed was a few more carbs!

Rhaazz a big thank you for all your help and support you have shown me!
Today i have been fine and I have eaten enough including carbs, so I think my little scare was my own fault and wont be repeated again in a hurry!!
If I do get ill again like that, and I know I have been eating my carbs I will def go to the Doc's to get my kidneys chequed out.
In the mean time here's to healthy eating the right way
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 22:01
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

You mentioned you had a gastric bypass... could that be contributing? I'm glad more carbs is helping, and maybe that was the only problem.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 02:51
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
You mentioned you had a gastric bypass... could that be contributing? I'm glad more carbs is helping, and maybe that was the only problem.

Hi Potatofree, I was wondering that myself, because I normaly cant handle greasy foods but I have found ways round it by grilling and oven cooking!
Its been 2 days now and I have been ok but I am keeping a close watch on things, because this diet seems to work for the first time in my life I feel in controll food is not ruling my life, I dont wake up 2 or 3 times a night wanting bread chocolate etc. I dont sit and eat after my last meal of the evening whilst watching telly. I have 3 meals a day and one little snack (a few macadama nuts) if I get peckish inbetween.
I wish I had found Atkins sooner, still better late than never eh!!
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 08:06

Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

when did you have the gastric by-pass done, iburnekill? i thought that was when you only have about 1/4 of your stomach left, and could only eat a small amount of food? isn't that what carnie wilson had?

do be careful, and please call your doc if you feel sick again...

yup...this is my first grandbaby and i am so excited!! i really never thought i would even want to own up to that one, but it's been a long wait! i am very happy for my daughter...she tried to get pregnant for a long time, and now that she is she is so sick she doesn't want to be that way any more! awww...she'll chance her mind...soon!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 09:13
Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAtt
when did you have the gastric by-pass done, iburnekill? i thought that was when you only have about 1/4 of your stomach left, and could only eat a small amount of food? isn't that what carnie wilson had?

do be careful, and please call your doc if you feel sick again...

yup...this is my first grandbaby and i am so excited!! i really never thought i would even want to own up to that one, but it's been a long wait! i am very happy for my daughter...she tried to get pregnant for a long time, and now that she is she is so sick she doesn't want to be that way any more! awww...she'll chance her mind...soon!

Hi MsAtt
yes I only have avery small stomach now so I do eat smaller meals, i think the reason I started to regain the weight was the fact I was grazing,instead of eating loads at once, I would eat leave it a little while until there was room to put more in, so even though I thought I wasnt eating a lot I was. The operation also didnt stop me eating the wrong things ie chocolate crisps jelly sweets etc, still I think I have found the answer and hopefuly the weight will come back off, and I will make Atkins my WOE so I never have to go up again.

Im glad your daughter has fell pregnant we have been trying since the end of sept to no avail, never mind we can have the fun trying!!!
I hope she dosent have the sickness for long and goes on to have a very healthy pregnancy, you will have to keeep me updated on her progress!!

Last edited by lburnikell : Wed, Jul-30-03 at 09:15.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 22:44
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'm glad you feel better! I'm also glad I'm past the pregnancy stage...(my babies are 12 and 18, couldn't have any more, but happy with the ones I have!) I'll be 43 when my son graduates, then plan on chasing shamefully young men and sleeping til noon.....lol
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 03:10
Yo-Yo

Default Why Sleep ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I'm glad you feel better! I'm also glad I'm past the pregnancy stage...(my babies are 12 and 18, couldn't have any more, but happy with the ones I have!) I'll be 43 when my son graduates, then plan on chasing shamefully young men and sleeping til noon.....lol

Oh potaofree you are shamless!! (but I like it)
What I wannna know is if you are gonna chase shamless young men, why sleep? If I had one in my bed Id be doing more than sleepin!!(nudge nuge wink wink )

P.s My appetite is back with a vengance god I had to try so hard last night not to stuff my face (and I managed it just!!) I was craving bloody jaffa cakes all night!!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 03:14

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

how is everyone got these nice pics and cheatfree logos
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 03:20

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

how is everyone setting their mini goals
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 10:10
Yo-Yo

Hi Gemma go to you profile then signature go to the little add image icon click on that type in this http://home.new.rr.com/kitanniweb/atkins/25.gif.
Change the number at the end to how many days you have been cheat free and once you have saved your signature it will pop up with the cheat free logo. You can also add your mini goals there just type them in as you would a normal post!!
Hope this helps