Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 09:05

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

wow, i guess I ate pretty healthy (maybe just too much of it?)

I do remember taking cheez whiz and dill pickle sandwiches to school for lunch.
and probably four times in my life, i've had the fries with chili, or cheese and bacon bits from DQ..

oh yeah, then there's that time me and my sister were baking when mom was at work and we were eating icing sugar right off a spoon..
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 09:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Quote:
i too loved kraft mac and cheese loaded with ketchup.. ( i still love it but dont eat it)

thought i was the only one that liked this!

I also loved to eat brownie batter-just the batter. Would mix it up and just eat it will a spoon. Sure it was good for me, right?
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 18:01

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn
I also loved to eat brownie batter-just the batter. Would mix it up and just eat it will a spoon. Sure it was good for me, right?

How can anything that tastes that good possibly be bad?!!

Not terribly weird, but favourites way back when were pancakes slathered with sour cream and topped with brown sugar, and a favourite sandwich was peanut butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on white bread. A real comfort food when we were under the weather was white bread, lots of butter, in a bowl with hot cocoa poured over.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 18:19
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

If I was not low carbing I would have to try the tuna, egg white bread sandwich with cheetos. That sounds right up my alley.

You could put the tuna and eggs on an oopsie roll. I am not sure about a substitute cheeto though....Surely someone creative can come up with something.

I think that a cream cheese/ butter mixture with a SF syrup flavoring would be a great substitute for the icing.

Then all those wonderful and unusual combinations would be real food
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jul-01-09, 19:27

Plan: general LC
Stats: 202/144/135 Female 62 inches
BF:grr, no i FF
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000
If I was not low carbing I would have to try the tuna, egg white bread sandwich with cheetos. That sounds right up my alley.

You could put the tuna and eggs on an oopsie roll. I am not sure about a substitute cheeto though....Surely someone creative can come up with something.

I think that a cream cheese/ butter mixture with a SF syrup flavoring would be a great substitute for the icing.

i'm telling you, that tuna/cheeto sandwich is the BOMB DIGGITY as far as foods that'll kill you go. i wonder if i could just make some cheddar crisps and put them on there? i haven't attempted an oppsie roll yet - folding ingredients in intimidates me.

and yes, cream cheese/butter/sf syrup IS like frosting. mmm. one of the things that keeps me on plan most of the time.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 19:06

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

My daughter dips her fries in mcdonalds shakes, and my brother inlaw puts freetos in a bowl and pours Buttermilk over them....yuck
I grew up putting catsup on taco's!
My sister dips cold chicken in catsup......I dip it in ranch....
I remember when we had left over potatoes, I would mash them and fry them and put syrup on them....I learned this from my Dad as a little girl. Poor mans pancakes.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 11:53

Plan: PaNu (lacto-paleo) & VLC
Stats: 267/235.2/195 Male 71 inches
BF:40/35/20
Progress: 44%

The usual suspects:

- French Fries dipped in chocolate shakes
- Biscuits N Sausage Gravy
- French Fries with Gravy
- Peanut Butter and Potato Chip sandwiches

But my favorite sandwich was (drum roll please) ...

Liverwurst, cream cheese, white onion and brown mustard on dark rye!

(I could probably still make a low carb version of that! mmm Yummy!)
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 12:32

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ooooohh...

definitely, frosting right of of the can; white bread sandwiches with potato chips smushed inside; whole loaves of bread dripping with butter; huge bags of potato chips dipped in full-fat sour cream (ketchup lays are the best, lol); pasta mixed with fried ground beef and smothered with butter and velveeta cheese; whole tubs of sugary whipping cream.....
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Oct-02-09, 04:37
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

When I was a proper student, I often ate a huge bowl of Ramen noodles in liquid with chopped ham, cheese and tomatoes.

I also used to buy the 'all day breakfast' in a tin -- baked beans, bacon, egg bites, sausage, all in one can!
Quote:
Baked beans in tomato sauce with sausages, button mushrooms, chopped pork and egg nuggets with cereal, and bacon.

Ingredients:
Water, Haricot Beans (22%), Tomatoes (20%), Pork Sausage (13%) [Pork (49%), Water, Pork Fat, Rusk [Wheat Flour, Salt], Pork Rind, Cardamom, Ginger, Mustard Powder, Pepper, Flavourings), Mushrooms (6%), Bacon & Egg Bites (5%) [Pork (28%), Egg (23%), Rusk [Wheat Flour, Salt], Pork Fat, Smoked Pork, Preservatives (Sodium Nitrite, Potassium Nitrite), Water, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Potato Starch, Dextrose, Spices, Modified Maize Starch, Stabiliser (Disodium Diphosohate), Potato, Dried Skimmed Milk, Vegetable Fibre, Tapioca Starch, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Wheat Flour, Pepper Extract, Herb Extract, Lactose (from Milk), Milk Protein, Onion, Colour (Conchineal), Flavouring, Spice Extract, Pepper], Bacon Slice (3%) [Pork (80%), Water, Antioxidant (Potassium Lactate), Salt, Potassium Chloride, Glucose Syrup, Stabiliser (Sodium Diphosphate), Preservative (Sodium Nitrite), Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate)], Sugar, Salt, Modified Maize Starch, Onion, Paprika, Rapeseed Oil, Clove Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Paprika Extract, Flavouring, Capsicum Extract, Garlic Oil.

Of course, there was the occasional spaghetti hoops on toast.

And one of my favourites; plastic cheese in buttered cheap white bread. I would squish the sandwich between my fingers so it was about 4mm thick. For some reason it tasted better that way!

I would buy a packet of stuffed pasta (for two people), cooking it all with the intention of eating half and saving the rest for another meal. This was impossible. After eating two thirds, I would finish the rest off and be stuffed but craving for more and probably eating a packet of biscuits for dessert.

Mashed potato. Not one potato. Not two potatoes, but several potatoes in a massive bowl. With butter, cream and gravy.

Boil in the bag white rice (for two people)! The whole lot, smothered in butter.

Chocolate biscuits. A whole packet of digestives or Hobnobs would disappear without me even thinking what I was doing.

Unbelievable!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Oct-27-09, 13:28

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 154/150/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I used to eat a huge bagel with cream cheese and a 16 oz. coffee every single morning for breakfast for 2 years. . . and I wondered why I gained 20 lbs!
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-09, 06:16

Plan: PaNu (lacto-paleo) & VLC
Stats: 267/235.2/195 Male 71 inches
BF:40/35/20
Progress: 44%

Oh, and the Best Snack Food (salty) is:

Fritos Scoops with a dollop of sour cream and a jalapeno slice in the center of the sour cream!

Old El Paso pickled jalapeno slices work best for me (hot but not too hot)

The tuna/cheetos thing sounds really yummy! Maybe when I get to goal I'll try it.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-09, 14:50

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

white bread, margarine, white sugar sprinkled on top
french fries dipped in chocolate milk shakes
popcorn in the mouth quickly followed by a gulp of milk
as well as pretty much all of the other combos posted already, Yikes.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-09, 19:59

Plan: My own
Stats: 100/100/100 Male approx 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

How about waffles composed mainly of white flour, sugar, brown sugar, preservatives, and artificial flavors? This topped with trans-fat infested margarine, peaches slathered in high fructose corn syrup, Cool-Whip, and high fructose corn syrup with a bit of artificial maple flavoring?
When you think about it, one wonders why my mother didn't just feed me a bowl of sugar and a glass of HFCS.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 14:25

Plan: My own
Stats: 165/144/135 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessnut
The usual suspects:

- French Fries dipped in chocolate shakes
- Biscuits N Sausage Gravy
- French Fries with Gravy
- Peanut Butter and Potato Chip sandwiches

But my favorite sandwich was (drum roll please) ...

Liverwurst, cream cheese, white onion and brown mustard on dark rye!

(I could probably still make a low carb version of that! mmm Yummy!)

Ooohhhh, what a fun thread! Kind of making me hungry though. I don't know what's wrong with all you people who think french fries with gravy and ketchup, and vinegar for that matter are gross. Also the bomb is french fries with mayo. I was also a big fan of pb and potato chip sandwiches. Chips with French Onion dip (the whole bag and the whole tub of dip) was a staple of mine. When I was young, my favourite Saturday lunch was crusty baguette covered in butter and dipped in...wait for it...a huge lake of Dijon mustard. Mmmmmm....
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 02:16

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Chocolate cake with icing was a favored breakfast when I was 12...