Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 09:17

Plan: Atkins OWL or abouts...
Stats: 195/188/165 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 23%

Yeah I'm round about a day-14-. Dh and I were gonn do 10, 12 14, but last night wasn't a good night so i think maybe we'll just wait and hit it on day 14.
DH's counts tend to be a bit on the low side anyways. So when he goes in to do his analysis tests they ask him to wait 3-4 days to let the sperm build back up. So we'll see...

I'm gonna keep an eye on the CM as well...that is usually a good indicator that I'm ovulating.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 10:22
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson65
Yeah I'm round about a day-14-. Dh and I were gonn do 10, 12 14, but last night wasn't a good night so i think maybe we'll just wait and hit it on day 14.
DH's counts tend to be a bit on the low side anyways. So when he goes in to do his analysis tests they ask him to wait 3-4 days to let the sperm build back up. So we'll see...

I'm gonna keep an eye on the CM as well...that is usually a good indicator that I'm ovulating.

Good luck!

Sounds like you have the right idea...might as well make the time together count and work for you. No sense pressing on when it's not going to and "wasting" the count, if you know what I mean. BTW, I think I told you (but I'll say again) that the last time I was tracking (and CM is an EXCELLENT indicator) I also used one of the First Response Ovulation sticks just to confirm my suspicions. I didn't use all five, but rather waited until I thought the timing was right and used it to confirm (which it did). You might want to consider that just to fine-tune the timing!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 12:11

BF:

Thanks Lisa, i think that's what i'll do. I told DH that he "owed me" cause he wants to (or called rather this AM asking) if he can go away and go fishing with a buddy this weekend.

He's like, "OK!" Sometimes you have to use "motivation" to get em in the mood! HA!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 13:44
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson65
Thanks Lisa, i think that's what i'll do. I told DH that he "owed me" cause he wants to (or called rather this AM asking) if he can go away and go fishing with a buddy this weekend.

He's like, "OK!" Sometimes you have to use "motivation" to get em in the mood! HA!
Oh yeah, totally! There's nothing like letting them do the things that make them happy to keep them happy with you, right?
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 15:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well according my chart at Fertility friend, I ovulated on the 14th. So now I guess I am just waiting to see if we are pregnant. I have bachelorette party to go to this weekend so I am offering to be the designated driver, woohoo.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 16:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adukart
Well according my chart at Fertility friend, I ovulated on the 14th. So now I guess I am just waiting to see if we are pregnant. I have bachelorette party to go to this weekend so I am offering to be the designated driver, woohoo.

What a great idea! You know what's funny? The last time I got pregnant, I was on a cruise and craving OF ALL THINGS a bannana daquiri!!

Ha! Go figure!

Good luck, we are waiting for the same news....crossing fingers!!!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 08:56

BF:

Well it's day 30, and no period, and all negative tests. I am going out with the girls tonight and the doctor is prescribing Aygestin again for me. The funny thing is that my Progesterone came back 58.6, and 15 is normal for a medicated cycle. So I thought for sure I would get my period.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 10:13

BF:

Are they sure you aren't pregnant??? I would hate to have them "start your cycle" if you are...

I would wait I think...
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 08:26

BF:

Well, I got my period on the 1st. and took the clomid on 5th-9th. Now we are waiting for ovulation again.

I was so upset, I was supposed to get a puppy, but the owners got turned in for abuse, she ended up having 14 fractures. They will probably put her to sleep, but are willing to try and let her heal first.

I told my sister, and cried. Fisrt, we have problems with getting pregnant and now I can't even get a dog. I am still upset about the whole thing.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 08:29

BF:

Oh, yeah and I was seeing the NP(nurse practitioner) for all my fertility issues. But she was preggo(notice I say "was"). So now I am seeing the OBGYN. I find it funny how when I wanted to see him in Jan. they told me I couldn't get in until March, but now that he wants to see me it's on the 30th.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 08:38

BF:

I'm sorry. I didn't get pregnant either this month and I have to admit it was very difficult to take.

Keep your chin up, i'm there with you!

#42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 10:22
Registered Member

Stats: 260.1/260.1/169 Female 5'9.5"
BF:

I TTC for over a year (post 1+ yrs. lupron for severe endometriosis) before my OB told me that my filopian tubes were shot during my 3rd laparoscopy. Anywho I'm going the IVF route now and eventhough my 1st 2 attempts did not work my doc is putting me on lupron for 3 mos. at the end of 1/09 to help with the endo and try ivf again 5/09. Between 1/09-5/09 I'm going to try to get as close to 170# (healthy 25 BMI for my height) so that 1) I have a better chance at conceiving due to the decreased weight and 2) my decreased weight might shift one of my ovaries so the doc can get to it's eggs next time. So needless to say I feel for you and understand how hard it can be but what a blessing.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 10:48

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Amy, I am sorry you have had so much trouble. I hope your endo doesn't hurt too much.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 14:02

BF:

Yes! Good luck! I know one thing that helped us was to just "enjoy each other". When there is all that stress involved not only isn't it that great but it affects sperm counts and stuff.

Losing weight also helped me as well. It's like the thing I heard the other day, "Its like when you don't want to get pregnant that and you are at a great place in your life, great weight, that that little stick seems to grow 2 lines!"

LOL

GOOD LUCK!
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-09, 14:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/259/175 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

Amy, stay focused on you first get your mind, body and spirit in tune and everything else will follow. I was TTC for 10 years and had a difficult depressing time of it. I was over weight and had irregular cycles for 10+++ years. I tired it all, fertility drugs, povera for a regular cycle u name it. It wasn't until I lost the weight and got my body in shape. I started the low carb diet then 2 weeks later I started working out. I went from a size 24 to a 14. I was at a 14 for about 2 mos. then I found out i was pregnant, and after all the years of trying, I wasn't even trying this time, and didn't take the fertility pills either. Once I lost the first 40-45lbs, my cycle begin to regulate itself. I actually had a regular cycle for 6 months prior to conceiving. Give yourself and body time, the main thing is to get started and not stress. I knew God will answer my prayer one day, but faith without works is dead. So I had to do my part and also realize like most things in life it's a process. A journey that I will never forget, my daughter is now 3 and she was worth it all. Now I am an 18 and starting over again, not to get pregnant but to be healthier. My goal is to get down to a 10/12 so I want to loose another 75 pounds. Keep in touch let me know how you are doing. I hope this has helped you in some way.