Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 13:57

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%

Donald, that's so funny......and true!
Quote:
...you find yourself washing the same pots and pans 5 or 6 times a day because you're cooking so much.

AND.....no matter how many times you do the dishes there's always dirty measuring cups, spoons, and/or scales in the sink.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 15:46

Plan: Organic, Raw Foods
Stats: 176/138/117 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Cool

LOVED your post Donald!

Boy, can I relate to the vitamins! Every time I finish reading a new book, I add something. I think chromium (glucose tolerance factor) will be next (but I'm having trouble finding it).

Kathy
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins hybrid
Stats: 210/183/163
BF:
Progress: 57%

Or how about the company sponsored dinners where the boss pays at a fancy restaurant? Our low fat friends (the ones who tried to stick to their diets) ordered the fish and a baked potatoe without sour cream or cheese or bacon or enough butter to flavor it. What did we order? The fillet mignon ala Oscar, with a huge salad topped with (you guessed it) all the stuff your co-workers would have liked to put on their potatoe. Don't forget the snow crab claws or the shrimp. And dessert? I doubt that ANYONE could have eaten dessert if they had eaten as much as everything I ordered that night.
LC RULES!

Pepper
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 07:44

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%
Wink You know you're an LCer when....

1. one of your friends who is not LC'ing looks over a pamphlet for a new juice bar, sees the nutrional info and immediately says "Wow, these drinks all have a lot of carbs"

2. You are about to get your teeth polished at the dentist with a raspberry flavoured polish and you ask "Is there sugar in that?"

Alena.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 11:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/148/128
BF:
Progress: 66%

You grab a hardboiled egg and a few tablespoons of olive oil for a quick breakfast or lunch.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 13:07

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Acronyms...

ROTFLMRO!!!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 16:24
Registered Member

BF:

Well no, I haven't heard you sing, but I DO eat an egg and olive oil, on the run or when I just don't feel like eating.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 17:48

BF:

Beautiful Ravin;

Yah, that's like my dash to the train station every morning to catch my train at 5:AM, my DW cooks a three egg and cheese omlette with four saugage links all rolled together and on a plate cut up like a small childs meal served on a plater as she drives, 10 minutes to the station I bolt the food down and off I go to another day in the Burback Studios, but it just cought me funny, sounds good but... it's still a two hour commute.

I'm a Bass Singer for a Southern Gospel Quartet... "JERICHO". We are singing and ministering in the So. California area; Bakersfield to El Cajon, near San Diego.

Wish you well. Jim

Last edited by Jimsgems : Sat, Sep-07-02 at 17:57.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 20:25
Registered Member

BF:

Years ago I lived in downtown San Diego, right at 1240 C St. I don't think that block is there anymore, as I was there a few years ago, and the city has changed much. The Gaslight Quarter wasn't there when I lived there, it was kind of a not so nice part of town then. I've been through El Cajon. I only lived there for a short time, about a year. I know, the photo of me is odd, but I hate having a photo taken, and finally allowed my grandson to take some. He had complained that there are no photos of me anywhere. So this is only a few days ago that it was taken. Anyway, sounds like you have a very busy life out there. Hey, I have taken a train there too, I remember the train station, very pretty isn't it? Or am I thinking of the one in Los Angleles? Maybe both? I'm remembering Spanish type tiles, or something.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 20:54

BF:

Raven;

I grew up in Cardiff just up the coast a bit, I love the San Diego area, but my wife doesn’t so I live in Orange, in Orange County. You are right about The Gaslight Quarter before it’s development, pretty seedy. I think your grandson did a great job and you are so pretty.

I’m having a tough time right now and something has got to go. I was out of work here for six months, my longest time out of work ever and it truly set us back, my wife is unable to work and on disability, so she is home schooling two of our grandkids (we have 10!) so we are busy. But I’ve been working 3 months now and looking for something closer in.

My church and unrelated music ministry is taking a lot of my time too, between rehearsal and meetings my day goes from 4:AM until 9:30 PM. 4 days a weel and weekend performances, like The House of Blue's Gospel Brunch. I an old dog and I’m getting tired.

The San Diego Station is very beautiful as is most of the ones on the line and Los Angles is very nice too all tile roofs and Spanish style architecture is very period looking.

What took you to the other side of the continent? Maine is also very beautiful and steeped in history. I hope you are well and having fun, keep LCing you look great. Jim
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 21:24
Registered Member

BF:

I grew up here in Portland Maine, I went to San Diego right after graduation in 1969 and married my boyfriend of 5 years. He was then in the Marine Corp, stationed at MCRD in SD. Then we divorced after about 2 years, and I married a childhood friend, and we have been married for 30 years now. Have 4 grown children, and 3 grands. Joe and I are raising the oldest two by our second daughter, she had them in her teens, and I took care of them while she went back and finished school and then went to college. Now, she sees them, but they live with us, this has been their home since they were born. They are 8 and 11. The other grand is less than a year, and lives with her mother and my son, her dad. It has all worked out well. I wouldn't change a thing. So I am still involved in school, and go rollerblading and sledding in the winter, and ice skating of course, with the grands. Maybe it keeps me young. When I lived in CA, I worked at a theater called the Balboa Theater, out front in the cashiers offcie.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 00:13
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Bernstein/general LC
Stats: 170/155/133 Female 5'1 1/4"
BF:31.5%/28.5%/24.8%
Progress: 41%

You know you're an LC-er when:

* You're thinking of adding your LC experience and savoir-faire with weights and measures to your resumé;

* You give away bread and cereal taking up space in your cupboard and freezer and (almost) feel guilty - now am I being a friend to that person;

* Keep measuring spoons and cups 3-4 feet away from counter where you use them, to increase exercise level.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 22:23

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default I knew I was a LC'er when...

I started snapping at everyone, my favorite LC mantra...

"Fat doesn't make you fat...SUGAR makes you fat!!!".

and, making friends with the other gals in Walmart also reaching to buy the "Pure DeLite" chocolate bars! Those LC'ers are such nice people! So caring and willing to share tips.

Carianne
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 01:31

Stats: 290/275/150
BF:
Progress: 11%

You know you are a hard-core LC'er when:

...members of PETA picket your house
...the dog growls when you walk past his dish
...you get hungry watching the lions hunt on the Discovery Channel
...you try to look up how many carbs there are in toothpaste
...cream cheese is an entree
...you wish pork rinds came in chocolate
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 07:21
Registered Member

BF:

I just love all these posts guys, this is a nice site, will try to get on more often. Been very distracted recently. This is a good thread. I'll try to think up some more. I think these are worthy of a "Letterman" moment.