Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 17:17
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

i'm..with..U..ladies..prob..is..meat..and..eggs..just..not..too..appetiz ing. When..I..do.eat..meat..and..veggies..I..have..no..desire..to..eat..and.. just..think..eating..is..blah.
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 09:26

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Pinkquinn,
Yeah, I gained fast at first but it did slow down. I think it's because I didn't eat much friut before then when I found out I was pregnant i started eating more friut which lead to my sugar cravings. I'm the type that should probably stay away from friut if I want to lose because of my sweet tooth. But least I was able to give up my coffee. Which it isn't as bad as sweets.

I'm just trying not to gain too much, I never weighed this much before so I hate getting on the scale. 25 pounds on a 5 ft person is alot. When your this short I don't think your supposed to gain as much as someone whose much taller. But I haven't found that any where. But I do know that I probably I won't be having a 9 or 10 pound baby.
  #393   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 09:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophotia
When..I..do.eat..meat..and..veggies..I..have..no..desire..to..eat..and.. just..think..eating..is..blah.

Wow Sophotia, you don't have an appetite yet. I constantly eat, it's rare that I don't feel like eating. Especially when I had PMS or now that I'm pregnant I'm also like that. I think it came from when I used to have a high metabolism.
  #394   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 21:35

Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

Hi all! Sorry for just barging in, but I am in my 10th week and I have been avoiding the forum since I found out I was pg about 5 weeks ago. I lurked around the LC and Pregnancy boards and learned I needed to get out of ketosis, which was difficult. I finally got out of ketosis and did very well on maintenance levels of Atkins until last Friday when I went in for my first OB appointment (my doc wont see you till you're between 8-10 weeks). I hadn't gained any weight, an d my appointment was very positive. I had my first ultrasound and DH and I cried as we saw our little peanut swimming about. It was a joyous day, and par for the course with me, I celebrated with food. It started with spicy Thai for lunch that day, and I haven't looked back in a week. I've eaten everything in sight! Aggghhh! OB told me LC was good, and lean meats, fruits and veggies was perfect. Then, he said, "put the scale away an don't get on it and don't beat yourself up if you don't eat perfect everyday.....just try to do your best each day." Well, I guess I subconsciencly took that as a free ticket on the "eat anything you want train" cause that's what I've done all week. I've eaten bad food and LOTS of it. I went from drinking well over 100oz of H20 a day, to hardly any. I know I need to regain control, and quite frankly, not posting on the forum daily has allowed me to "hide" what I've been eating from myself. I hope you don't mind if I join the posts here, but I really need the support and more importantly, the accountability. I absoultely, at 240, cannot afford to lose control anymore. It will only put my precious baby in jeopardy. So, right now, I pledge to get focused, suck it up and ignore my aversions to veggies and meats, and get moving again - literally. I think I'll feel better. Right now I feel like a slug! So, I'm toasting with a glass of water to my recommitment and hope you will bear with me if I stop by and ramble. Cheers!
  #395   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-06, 10:44

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

Tiodnaci

dont feel bad, I went on a 15 week bender and gained a pound a week which pretty much shot all my pregnany goals to heck.

Its great that you are here now, every day is new day. I'm here to recommit with you!!!
  #396   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-06, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: mixin' it up
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

I have totally given in....I had pancakes and fresh strawberries this morning. I have to admit that I am only slightly carb concious. I need to get back on it!
  #397   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-06, 02:30

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

ooh, that sounds very good

but you don't have to skip pancakes altogether, you can make them using only a bit of flour and whey protein for the rest - they are good too, even if not as fluffy

I'm trying to get back on track after Easter, so this morning I started right, with my whey smoothie... my current favorite:
- 1/2 cup organic plain yogurt + a bit of water
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp organic, salt/sugar-free almond butter
- 1/2 scoop stevia-sweetened chocolate whey
- 2 Tbsp unflavored whey protein
- 1 Tbsp toasted and ground flaxseeds

Not low carb, but also not a bad combination taste and nutrition wise. It keeps me happy for a few hours, and it's something I can make quickly in the morning and drink without gagging... and the fiber from the flaxseeds helps me stay, ehm... "unclogged"
  #398   ^
Old Sun, Apr-23-06, 19:53

Plan: Neandergirl
Stats: 145/131/122 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:36/34/19
Progress: 61%

jessmama I would be lying if I said I didnt envy every last bite you had of pancakes and strawberries.

My cravings are killing me, killing me, killing me............I cant afford to gain anymore fat or my back an knees will pay around month 7.

Oh...if I could only get to the cheesecake factory and get their 6 carb cheese cake with fresh strawberries maybe these horrid craving would abate.
  #399   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 06:52
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well each appt I have gained 10lbs so its been a total of 25lbs from my first "pregnancy" appt but 30lb overall. *sigh* I have been doing really well maintaining my weight the last week but this past week fiance' and I have eaten rather horribly (deliciously) but in no way low carb. So I'm eating the rest of my left overs this morning for breakfast...walking at lunch..and the rest of my day and week will be low carb. I just feel so proud of myself and when I'm in control of what I'm eating.
  #400   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 01:04

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

pinkquinn -

In my experience cravings always signify a need for something, especially during pregnancy - the trick is to know what they stand for, for instance I don't think there's an absolute need for chocolate for the baby to grow healthy

I can give you some examples, based on the differences I noticed in cravings (and subsequent weight gain) this time around as oppsed to my first pregnancy:
- fatty foods (french fries and cheese fondue were mine usually): essential fatty acids, particularly fish oil with high DHA content or straight DHA supplements
- chocolate: magnesium
- chocolate, caffeine, sugar: adrenal support, more sleep, better stress management
- sugary, high-carb foods: see above and also protein - I coulnd't eat much meat for most of my pregnancy this time so I made smoothies at least twice a day, with whey protein, 1 portion of fruit, sometimes spirulina...

HTH
  #401   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 02:17
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I couldnt' eat meat for the first several mos, or greens either. They made me want to vomit.
I ate a lot of eggnog with raw milk+eggs

A lot of raw nuts with coconut oil and raw honey - looked like a nut muesli + a little milk

A nice filling smoothie was fresh coconut meat, 1/2 an apple, coconut water, a drop of stevia and I liked raw egg yolks though I don't suppose any of you will be indulging in that deliciousness
  #402   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 11:04

Stats: 302/298.2/250 Female 5.6
BF:Oh My!
Progress: 7%

So, I've been doing better but not perfectly LC. I've incorporated milk into my diet for early morning and a little high fiber, controlled carb cereal for breakfast. I'm eating low sugar fruits throughout the day, but I am still really struggling with the meats and veggies. I just have no taste for them and would rather not eat if that's my choice of food. I can eat salads with veggies, but to eat broccoli, brussell sprouts, etc., just makes my tummy churn. In any event, I've worked myself back up to 80oz of H20 a day, despite having to pee every three minutes, and my girlfriend and I walked 2.5 miles after work yesterday. Sunday after church, I deep cleaned my entire house from base boards to ceiling and planted flowers, and I'm counting that as my exercise since I was exhausted when I hit the bed at 10:30 after a non stop day. My friend and I are planning to walk again after work today. My strides are small, but I'm trying hard to regain my focus. Will eat a greek salad for lunch today with grilled chicken on top.
  #403   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 11:15

BF:

Tiodnaci,
No need to appolgize. We all joined this thread late too. The more the merrier. BTW Congrats on your pregnancy.
That's really good that you cleaned the whole house, I don't think I did any house cleaning in the first trimester, I was so tired,just the basics like Laundry & dishes stove top & counters. But nothing major. Every time I go walking I'd have to cut it short because I'd have to go pee.

I've noticed with most people don't want much meat in the 1 st trimester. I felt so bad about that & come to find out that it's common.

Thanks Elisa, about cravings & what they mean. What does salt cravings mean? I never craved salt until I got pregnant. I do get alot of cheese & fruit cravings.
  #404   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 13:53

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I have been craving fruit, yogurt, cereal, granola, and my old downfalls such as pizza and bread.

I don't feel too bad about my eating as I don't feel I have been over eating necessarily. When I eat bread, I still eat low carb or whole grain at least. ALl in all though I am eating WAY more carbs than I have in years.

I haven't been weighed since March 24th and as of them I hadn't gained mroe than a couple lbs so we will see what my next appt May 4th holds in store for me. I guarantee I have gained some weight since the last appt !
  #405   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 17:54
Registered Member

Stats: 265/238/150 Female 60 inches
BF:Too much
Progress: 23%

I've been absolutely craving blueberries and pine nuts with cream on top. Meat I was always ok with but I've always been a meat eater.. thats never changed. What I absolutely cannot stand the smell of and dh eats from time to time are the ichiban noodles.. onion flavour. I gag every time.