Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 08:34

Plan: warrior diet
Stats: 133/130/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

oh man! i ate a lot of candy last night. it was disgusting. i never eat candy. i got FULL off sour patch kids, runts and smarties. yuck. i felt like a little kid getting sick off too much sugar. well, it reminded me why i hate sugar! i'm getting my body fat tested tomorrow....yikes! i wanna be a hard body by january! Any tips?
yeah, i've just stopped drinking. i just turned 21 in august, but i've finally not been binge drinking all the time. i went a whole month, had a 2 day relapse-BAD-and that was oct 17th, and i've not touched it again. i have problems with alcohol...it gets out of control. it's definitely never done anything good for me, but i can think of hundreds of bad things it has brought upon me.
well, besides a bit of a tummy ache, i'm back on track, about to bag up all this leftover candy and give it away. it's the first of the month! new beginning. have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/145 Female 70"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hiya Stacyface
I am a recovering alki, so glad to hear you're off the booze, and from a diet stand point you would not believe the amount of sugar the stuff contains, I quit drinking almost 5 years ago with the help of a 12 step program, and went from 235 down to 142, which is great for a 5'10" chick, gained back about 25/30lbs when I quit smoking and had some surgery, now I am back on track toward 142. Binging on food for me is kinda like binging on the booze, felt great at the time, but would feel like heck the next day. Good luck to you on your journey!
Tammie
  #363   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 21:01

Plan: warrior
Stats: 128/128/115 Female 163cm
BF:more than i want

oh good god speaking of candy...here's a girlie question.

does the time of the month throw anyone else off balance while on warrior? i've been happily doing warrior for about 4 wks now but last wk and this wk i started getting sugar cravings during the day. if i don't eat much during the day i almost never get afternoon slumps or emergency sugar demands but for the past 2 wks i feel a bit out of wack. it's 2pm now + i've eaten 5 wethers toffees (so far!!) + normally i don't like eating gooey sweet things + definitely not when it's hot like today.

but yeah have been craving sugar for past 2 wks + it is the time of the month...but am wondering if cravings are more psychological???
  #364   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 07:27

Stats: 192/182/140 Male 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 19%

belueiris - That's great. It takes courage and strength to fight the dragons you have fought.

Stacyface - You are a wise woman. At 21 you are able to recognize that liquor is not something that "agrees" with you. Down the road you may find yourself able to have a glass of wine with friends (I do), but you also may decide that you are better off without it at all. When I think back on my late teens, 20's, and even early 30's I feel embarassed by how much of the time I was out of control with booze...(and pot for me).

Way to go Stacy!
  #365   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 08:29

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Okay, so I've been doing this for just over 4 weeks now and things are going great. I'm down 12 lbs so far! Hurrah! It's really working for me, I have so much energy during the day. I've still been having coffe sometimes during the day, but lately I've been really likely the yerbamate. It may be a coffee day today we'll see. Now to add in the exercise. I walk but I have the T Tapping work out on DVD I need to start, hopefully it will step up the weight loss even mroe.
  #366   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 10:50

Plan: warrior diet
Stats: 133/130/125 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thanks for everyones support! yes, i've battled with alcohol, pot, and cigarettes. i'm serious about it now. or, i guess i always was, but turned to booze to numb myself. i have other bad ways as well which I'm working on in therapy. i trade addictions. on halloween i smoked a bit of pot (it hurt so bad b/c i hadn't smoked cigarettes or pot in like 3 weeks!) i think that definitely helped the candy overload. i think i'm just gonna stay away from pot too. it's not that great. i thought maybe on this diet when i went on an eating rampage it wouldn't matter so much, but binges are never a good idea for me. this diet is helping me control them actually. anyway...thanks again, it's tough in a town that revolves around drinking. i mean, halloween was a 5 day weekend! plus, my room is at the front of the house and i hear drunks walk by all night. i think "god, that is exactly how i am when i drink"-actually i was way worse. ok, i'll stop blabbering.

skitso-i find myself hungrier a bit before my period. i also get kind of more depressed...i feel fat and all that fun stuff and crave sugar and junk, then when i get my period i'm like "oh, ok, yay! it was all in my head/hormonal, and i get back on track. i think a lot of it is psychological. plus, if you do have sugar, your body wants it again. well, mine does. like yesterday, i had that 'food hangover' and was craving junk and was super lethargic. i didn't workout...i had a bad day for a while b/c i always get so mad/disappointed in myself. i am so mean to myself, definitely my own worst enemy. i'm trying to change that. suggestions-maybe drink more water, make some coffee drinks or smoothies with splenda (diet coke with Splenda is delicious!-i quit using aspartame and i hope splenda is as safe as they say) i know your metabolism speeds up a bit during this time, i mean there's some crazy stuff going on in there! so, a little more food isn't so bad. you can eat healthy sweet stuff...

jaybird- exercising will definitely step up your weightloss, and you will feel a sense of accomplishment. and endorphins.

ps- out of all the things i've tried to quit using (or have) i can't stop coffee or soda! mmmm.
  #367   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 12:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/137/130 Female 66.8 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Quote:
does the time of the month throw anyone else off balance while on warrior? i've been happily doing warrior for about 4 wks now but last wk and this wk i started getting sugar cravings during the day. if i don't eat much during the day i almost never get afternoon slumps or emergency sugar demands but for the past 2 wks i feel a bit out of wack. it's 2pm now + i've eaten 5 wethers toffees (so far!!) + normally i don't like eating gooey sweet things + definitely not when it's hot like today.

Hey Skitso, this is exactly what I'm going through at the moment - and TOM is a week away. I'm finding it difficult to stick to eating only a small breakfast, and now have to eat a small lunch as well. I do count calories, so try and stick to the same amount as before, but I am definitely getting hungry during the day.

But, as we girls know - these things pass in time.... What helps me with sugar cravings is to make a Peanut Butter, Cocoa, Splenda and Cream whip - just a small amount does the trick!
  #368   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 23:42
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Hi guy's, don't forget to cheat now and than!

I took the evening before yesterday 5 pieces of large cookie at the same time. Just ate what there was. Sunday evening with visitors (and the rest of the week) I took none. Both because I eat intuitively .

Because I drank too much in general I quit drinking at all a couple of years ago. I met in the vacation this guy who had stopped because he couldn't control how much he drank. That put me in a thinking mode for some months. I found I had actually the same problem, and his way was an example of what to do. So I tried and found it way easier not to drink at all than try to moderate. I also found my contact with people and life went to a deeper, more spiritual level.

Since that I am an enthousiast believer that you can change any habit, learn to or learn not to, whatever you want. But gradually is sometimes the solution, and other times you have to quit at once and at all.
  #369   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-05, 04:48

thanks Stylus + Stacy for your tips!
yes the dreaded 'food hangover'. i also get some sort of a sugar cough if i eat too much lollies at once (eg: jollyranchers).
hmmm but yeah splenda is actually quite good.

still sometimes i can't help but think that it would be quite liberating to never feel hungry/the need to eat/replenish...
but then i guess that would mean missing out on the social/ritual blah blah blah associations with food. but i still think it could be very liberating.

not a very realistic thought though!
  #370   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 04:20
Registered Member

It is amazing and sad that where I did this from day one on without any problem (excepting passing some frustrating time while getting a much, much better bodycomposition) the rest seem not be able to make it work for themselves?

What happened?
  #371   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 23:01

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I am making it work mostly. I am more warrior-"ish" right now. I am eating more than others might during the day but the majority of calories are being consumed in the late part of my day. I actually really enjoy drinking my chai tea or coffee throughout the day with a splash of cream and stevia and eating small amounts of food. I am plenty busy with my 7 week old baby girl and my almost 3 yr old boy. I definitely have a good amount of energy. I've kind of gotten discouraged a little bit though because my scale was showing a gain when I had been perfect with both the warrior philosophy and also with low carbing. It was very discouraging and led me to stray off a little bit from eating well. But I threw away the scale last week and took measurements. I will measure myself again at the end of the month and possibly weigh myself at the grocery store. I do feel like my clothes are fitting me better so that is a good sign and is giving me incentive to continue despite not knowing if I'm losing weight (I miss the scale, I guess I had become obsessed with it) and also having a tooth ache all week. Once I go to the dentist and get rid of this pain I can kick up the exercise a notch...I'm afraid to jar my body around too much because my mouth is already pulsating with pain.

So that's what's happening here. Not warrior-ing perfectly but warrior-ing none-the-less.
  #372   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I'm not sure if it's because I'm nursing, or because I'm not consuming enough liquids in the morning but I find that by 1pm I am ready to EAT!!!
I love eating most of my food in the afternoon/evening, I just need to cut out the beer, pretzles and leibkuchen Not easy when you're in Germany and organic high quality dark beer gets delivered to your appartment on Saturdays heheh. I think I should probably quit eating before it gets too late as well, just to cut back on the total amount of food eaten.
  #373   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 05:48
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird
I've kind of gotten discouraged a little bit though because my scale was showing a gain when I had been perfect with both the warrior philosophy and also with low carbing
I do feel like my clothes are fitting me better so that is a good sign and is giving me incentive to continue despite not knowing if I'm losing weight (I miss the scale, I guess I had become obsessed with it)

Hello Jaybird, nice to hear from you!

Have you thought about how you can have a better bodycomposition while getting heavier and more slim??

If you burn fat and build muscle, your whole body goes in the ' model' direction , that seems to be what happened with you having better fitting clothes.
  #374   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 05:50
Registered Member

Hi Meg,

What about eating a can of fish at noon? That sure fills me op enough, add some oil/mayo, herbs and spices and it is great fun to do this warrior/paleo type of diet
  #375   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 03:33

hey everyone
hmm have been out of sorts for past few wks. usually lunch is not important to me at all but lately work has been more stressful since it's nearly end of the year + i've found myself looking fwd to lunch + being somewhat 'disappointed' that it's only cucumber+ ham + cheese (things i like but not exactly mind blowingly exciting). so instead i start thinking about what i can have for dinner which is not good as the thoughts build up + the food taste a lot better in my mind than in reality so i feel let down when i actually eat it (it's very silly i know!!). i guess another thing that is a bit annoying is that we have lunch together in the office (it's a small company + there's nowhere to go for a walk outside the office.) at the moment i am planning to add a small portion of continental fruit loaf to jazz up lunch a bit/to take a bit of focus away from dinner....