Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-16, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - 1st rung induct.
Stats: 142.8/130.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 69%

GreekRibs,
I'm eating more fat than protein on a daily basis but since I have not yet added nuts back into my diet. I may never add them because they are a trigger food for me and I can eat them by the handful (bagful) & never stop.

I have been eating marbled beef, pork with skin, sardines, tuna and other fatty foods to fill up though.

I eat an early dinner, around 5:30 pm. Maybe I should just try pushing meal time a bit later, too....

NE Marvin: Check out Pukra Cinnamon tea. It's got a natural sweet taste and sipping it at night helps me because I have a good taste in my mouth and the warmth makes me feel full

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-16, 09:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyotv
ps: I just wish my hunger pangs at night would go away. I got habituated to snacking then and now i'm regularly hungry at 9:30/10pm. I really want to break that habit/association.

Go to bed earlier! :-) That works for me.

Also, try eating more at dinner. Maybe you're just not eating enough at any one given meal time to make it to the next without a snack. Or you could try including more fat, because that and protein are really satisfying.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 11:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Nancy makes a great point about eating enough at meal times.

Quote:
I have not yet added nuts back into my diet. I may never add them because they are a trigger food for me and I can eat them by the handful (bagful) & never stop.

Try unsalted nuts... for most people, it's the salt that's the trigger, not necessarily the nuts.

Do you have a Trader Joes? I like their unsalted macadamias... very high-fat so they're filling. And expensive enough that I don't want to eat more than a few anyway.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 06:43

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMarvin
I'm going to experiment with a tablespoon or two of the apple cider vinegar diluted in water instead. Yes...it is nowhere near the same thing. But I've read somewhere that ACV can have an effect of stimulating the right enzymes to help feel satisfied, and is also supposed to help with Fasting Blood Glucose readings.

I'll report back.

I'm drinking this with every meal, so far I really like the effect. Seem to stay fuller, longer, and my sleep is really good.

I would see if going to sleep earlier helps. Sleep is when we lose weight!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-16, 09:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I love the suggestion for cinnamon tea! I drink one called rooibos flavored market spice sweet cinnamon, from teadesire.com.

We got a small bag of it in a sampler for Feb from Tea Sparrow, and I loved it so much I ordered some. Tea Desire is in Canada, so I ordered enough to not need to get it too often!

Rooibos is naturally caffeine free, so I can drink it before bed with some HWC.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-16, 23:57
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

If I find LC food filling, but it still doesn't slake the cravings then I have gotten out of ketosis somehow -- usually too frequent off-plan, reward meals or carb creep. It goes away in a week or two though along with the dreams of carbage foods