Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 11:15

Plan: Not sure right now
Stats: 241/234/175 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 11%

I love you already Adding you to my buddy list.. We won't fail.. Failure isn't an option.. It doesn't matter how many times you fall. It matters how many times you get up
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/198/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Just figured out how to add you to mine...
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 13:49

Stats: 270/238.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinformed
I love you already Adding you to my buddy list.. We won't fail.. Failure isn't an option.. It doesn't matter how many times you fall. It matters how many times you get up

Amen, sweetie! I know you can do it! We will not fail! A little bit of positive energy goes a long way!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 13:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brblight
This could be my story, but I just started Atkins, following the book exactly, because I really am brand new to this WOE, I think that one of the reasons that it takes us so long to get started, is actually seeing a number on the scale go down, even when the signs are there that we are getting better. Maybe so many years of hanging on to the weight, [I have been sitting between 210 and 220 for 3 yrs now] we just need to be patient and wait for our bodies to heal first. I notice so many people lose so quickly in the beginning, that it is almost depressing when I don't see the same success. I even let it all go this weekend and ate lots of holiday goodies...:sad:
But I am just going to let that go and continue on, (not start over) because all I did was slip, not fall.
Lets not give up together....

You are awesome!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 13:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/218/149 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lets do this!!! Time for this weight to go!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 13:56

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

You should put the scale in the shed...most people lose inches first and weighing yourself seems only to depress you. Just stay on the diet and try some recipes on this site. I only weigh myself once a month a few days after TOM. Forget those cheat days it just messes with your metablism. I put 3 very obese people on this woe and thier doing great, because I have them using recipes so they don't feel deprived...very important cause it stops cheating. If you need any help, I would happy to help you.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-11, 23:04

BF:

thnx dmarie I think I have it figured out. My damn macros were all wrong for a long time. I was eating WAY too much protein and not enough fat. Now that I've upped my fat, I seem to be losing pretty consistantly. I've even started going to the gym.. I'm very proud of myself for that one because I was not at ALL active before and it's not something I typically enjoy unless I've been doing it for a few months. I know this "I hate exercise" feeling will go away soon if I keep plugging at it, but right now, it definitely isn't something I look forward to at all.. Luckily, it's only January and I've been at this since October 31st and am down 13 lbs. I hope to take off at least 40 by my birthday in April.. I just need to stay focused.. If anyone wants a weight loss "buddy" to keep each other motivated, I'm down!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 06:59
Registered Member

Stats: 217/198/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Happy New Years, I know I have not been here for a bit, but too much family around all the time. So no computer for me.... but it was a good holiday, had a few slips but the thing is that I have not jumped on the scale since before then, and I realized that I don't need to get on the scale. So I have not yet, my cloths are feeling great and I have tons of energy. So that is how I am going to base myself now. No more scale for me...

If I do the right thing for myself, my body is bound to follow...
That is going to be my new motto, or mantra whatever you want to call it...here is to 2012, can you feel it...its gonna be our year..
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 09:28

BF:

It TOTALLY is going to be our year! I had a bit of a slip up over the weekend. Kicked off New Years Eve by stopping by Jack in the Box and eating a FULL meal WITH bread, fries and a shake thinking it would be my last bad meal of 2011. It totally tasted like CRAP and I was excited! The thing I DIDN'T realize was that would set off a string of sugar cravings that I wasn't able to contain through yesterday .. I was back on track ALL day yesterday and then at the end of the night ended up making a protein shake with half of a banana (which I've been craving the entire time I started Atkins) and then ate one of the peanut butter cookies I made for the family.. I was so disappointed in myself. I WAS up 3 lbs yesterday morning, but happy to report that I woke up down one pound this morning. So total I only gained 2 lbs. I'm back on track and focused now though, so hopefully this next month (which I plan on doing in induction before moving on to OWL) will be easy breezy.. Happy to hear you are strong and staying away from the scale. You have much more will power than I do. I've lost 14 lbs and my clothes fit almost exactly the same.. go figure.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 00:07

BF:

I made some meatballs and scraped off the sauce...I put some butter on it. It was pretty good. I feel like I am not losing at all, but I am going to take another pic here soon. I just had my B/P done today...117/78. Good stuff! They did it three times...I gained weight from steroids and what not, so I may look fat on the outside, but I am healthy. Now I gotta get this outside looking like my inside. I ordered a scale that does water weight, fat and muscle weight. I will start my Atkins Journal as soon as it gets here. Take Care, everyone!!!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 00:20

BF:

Heyy fungusgirl! Meatballs sound pretty good.. I have one of those scales too. I just haven't done the fat percentage for a long time. I should check it. My blood pressure, sugar levels, hormones have never been a problem so I don't have anything to compare with, but YAY! YOURS IS LOW!!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 00:25

BF:

My blood pressure and blood levels were ALWAYS good with Atkins, also. I just thought it was funny when a doctor I never saw before checked my blood pressure 3 times with a manual cup after the electric one said the same thing. Heart rate was ticking right along, also. I said I may be in a fat suit, but I am healthy-ish. Need to get the weight off.
I just bought a leg of lamb and I bought HUGE pork tenderloins that were on sale for a psycho cheap price! Each loin was over 8 pounds and I paid 17 bucks for them!!!! I am going to take a shot at smoking one on my own! The leg of lamb on the other hand, was 70 bucks, but will be worth it.
Now, if only I could find some venison! How are you doing, Msinformed?
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 00:26

BF:

17 bucks for each pork tenderloin...woops! I also found my old journal and am wondering if I should start a new one.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 01:22

BF:

You can share my journal if you want
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-12, 09:40

BF:

I'll have to pop on your Journal and check everything out!!!! I am trying to figure out how to add pics to everything....