Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguecloud
Just curious. I lost the weight and I was able to resume eating the foods that gained me the weight, just ate them in moderation. Do you guys do this diet for life or would you like to eat what you feel like eating--maybe some occasional ice cream or candy at the movies?

I probably could, but it's easier to LC. Obviously, if you return to eating foods that got you fat, you have to try a whole lot harder (mentally) to stay thin. My metabolism just doesn't work as well higher carb, blood sugar gets wacky, and of course the hunger is difficult to control.

I really don't want to eat high carb anyway. I pretty much eat whatever I want. Carb stuff I typically only want a little of it and then I get bored so there's no problems. LC foods are the only things I really want to eat in quantities .

It's not like I deprive myself. I just had a LC brownie (tastes exactly like a real brownie) and a creamy iced coffee. I don't see the point in eating real sugar and real flour, when I can use fake subs that taste great, and keep metabolism working .

Candy, tons of LC candy out there, I don't see the point of eating crap like snickers. A small square of dark chocolate with nuts is nice. As for ice cream... I really don't even like it. Although, lately, I have been craving it because of the summer, but I can have a bite and leave it at that. There are plenty of good LC ice creams anyway.
I wouldn't eat ice cream even if low carb, because it's not worth it calorie wise IMO (lots of much, much lower calorie and healthier things which are almost exactly the same as ice cream, like yogurts loaded with nuts & fruit, or my creamy iced coffee ).
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 21:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I still don't eat starch very much. I seldom eat bread and pasta. I have not eaten cereal in about 6 years. So I guess this is my life style. Starch got me in to this mess in the first place. I'm not about to tempt fate.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-02-06, 22:35
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Thumbs down

I'll never be able to eat "normally," unless you define low-carb as the "new normal." I know that now. I had delusions of granduer at first , but lost them over time.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 06:33

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

It's not worth it!

Yesterday at work the boss ordered in lunch for the whole office -- guilt, I think -- anyway it was all from a local restaurant: Breaded chicken strips (flour), various dipping sauces (you know there was HFCS in those), salad (that was okay), potato salad, and a frosted brownie thing that was at least 18 inches in diameter...and sweet tea of course (it IS the South, after all!).

I quietly went in at lunch, warmed up my pork BBQ left over from the day before, sliced up my tomato and drizzled some olive oil dressing over it, popped open my sugar-free coleslaw and proceeded to have a lunch that didn't set me up for a grouchy, moody, I-need-a-nap sort of afternoon. That brownie thing smelled great, but it wouldn't have been worth it.

*I did bring "my" share of the brownie home to my 6 & 8 year olds, though. They hardly ever get that kind of junk around here!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-04-06, 10:13
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Low-carb is now my 'normal' eating - my biggest fear is gaining my weight back and I am determined that will NOT happen! There is nothing that tastes good enough that would justify a risk in gaining my weight back - it's not worth it! There's so much more to life, and so many good LC options, I don't need high-carb crap!