Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-05, 13:58

Plan: general lowcarb
Stats: 247/149/120 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

You know whats so weird is that I havent actually sat down and watched a movie since I've begun this new woe. For me food goes with tv. Because when I've always snacked mindlessly in front of the tv. SO what happens is I just put on the tv for sound really and then go about cleaning or whatever. I'm too scared to actually sit down and watch tv because it brings upon triggers for me.Weird huh? Or if I absolutely have to watch something I'll crochet to keep my hands busy.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 00:02

BF:

Hows everyone doing? Staying strong I hope.. Gosh today I've had so many cravings its not even funny. Why couldnt there just be fruit, veggies, and meat. No processed food. Ah well, today I've been in a cleaning mood. I think to ward off my cravings. Nothing like the smell of good ol clorox to supress your appetite, oh and I have to tell you this. I have always bit my nails since I was a little girl, and I decided to buy some of that no bite stuff. Well, I forgot I had it on and then I put my fingers to my mouth and BLECH!! That taste stays in your mouth for a long time. Even when I tried to wash it down with something to drink. Theres another appetite suppressant for you to try
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 02:21

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 193/172/135 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

it makes me feel better to know that other people have the same problems with nightime/tv eating that i do - it's easier to work on things when you know you're in good company. judy, i try to do the saving up thing too - i feel like it's nice having the cushion of being able to have that stuff at the end of the day (although sometimes if i save it up i feel like i HAVE to have it). pete, i definitely know what you mean about doing something to keep your hands busy! usually when i'm watching tv i'm also on the computer or i have a pen and paper in my hand just so that i don't get food grabby.

today has been good! i was at my friend's house tonight and i didn't have any of the sour gummy worms sitting on her kitchen table (they're my favorite) so i was happy - but i find that i tend not to cheat around people (like her) who know that i'm on south beach, so i guess that helped. so
a cheat-free and under-control day i hope things are going well for everyone!!

Last edited by freshman15 : Sun, Jul-03-05 at 02:38.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 07:33

Plan: SBD
Stats: 159/147.6/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Oh my goodness girls!! I know what you mean about nite time snacking!!
That's why I buy the SF popsicles!
I did read an article that talks about the fact that people who watch a lot of TV do have a tendency to be overweight
So DH and I were talking about this and decided we needed to get some new hobbies- ie: bike riding etc. I find that now that we work out in the evening, that also helps b/c less time is spent watching TV and the activity quells any hunger pangs I might have!

I wanted to report I've pretty much had a cheat free week. DH and I are going for our little mini-anniversary trip today, so I can't promise anything good for dinner tonite!

Hope those who celebrate have a fun and cheat-free 4th!
XO
B.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 11:22

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

nights are the worst for me too....i get lonely and i eat....
sugar free fudgesicles and the popsicles do help a lot.....also i make myself drink a bottle of water before i can have a snack....
sometimes i think it is water we really need when we think we are hungry.

hugs
gina
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 13:04

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

It's Sunday at 3pm..and so far CHEAT FREE since Friday! yahoo..I feel better (and scale is rewarding me)..back down to 164! Keep up the good work, ladies..I KNOW we can do it!!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 13:46

BF:

thats so great that the scale is being nice to you! Yay! I'm waiting until tomorrow to weigh myself. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-05, 19:46

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 149/147/133 Female 5ft2
BF:dont know/32%/25%
Progress: 13%

hey guys ok i made it through the cook out at my mother in laws house , no one really gave me much grief about bringing my own food either.hope you guys have a great 4 th and i wish us all the best of luck!!!! i know we can do this!!!!!!!! tommrow will be worst temptation. my sisters cook out. i must be strong!!! ok a word about night eating, i have found its not really tv that makes me feel the need to munch ,but the fact that my hubby is munching sitting 2 feet from me.when he has a bowl of snack i want to snack too. im with belinda on the sugar free pops they have helped me many times , if i could only stop at one id be ok.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 00:51

BF:

Okay, I messed up... I had a bunless hotdog at the fireworks, and thought I would leave it at that but I saw funnel cakes, and got one for my son. So of course I had to try it considering I hadnt tasted them in years and before you know it it was in my tummy...Ah well...C'est la vie..Hope you all had better luck than me
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 04:16
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Hope you all had better luck than me

Listen Pete...its not a matter of luck although I know that you meant that as just a figure of speech. Its a matter of choices. You had several when you saw that funnel cake.
1- you could've said NO! that food is not on my list of things I eat today.
2- you could've invoked the 3 bite rule!(or 4 bites )
3- you could've eaten the whole thing!

There are always a few choices when facing foods that we don't eat today. I ate out the other night and had 3 bites of dessert!! It was fun and I don't consider it a cheat because it was planned and portion controlled...its all about the behavior more than it is about the food itself....know what I mean sweetie?

Today is a new day and I know that you'll have a better food day today.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 08:32

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

ok..well, so maybe this thread should be called the ALMOST no cheat week challenge..I did REALLY good...until I was bored and hungry, and caved JUST A BIT...so, back on track today for the remaining NO CHEAT WEEK (which, btw, ends on saturday)..so, I still have 4 more days to be GOOD!!!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 09:24

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 149/147/133 Female 5ft2
BF:dont know/32%/25%
Progress: 13%

i didnt cheat but i ate waaaay to much stuff that was legal. weight not up or down. stayed the same.im on my tom so it was a bad night for me. but i have to do this. my family gave me a real hard time about not eating the food they prepared .they were down right nasty to me when i refused the dessert my mother made. but i dont care.i was kinda mad last night but oh well, they dont know any better.after hours of "oh come on just one night off your plan wont hurt ya" i went home.i would have been happy with what i ate. the food they had didnt really even apeal to me.but the fact that they didnt care that it was important to me to stay cheat free made them want to temp me even more.this is MY body and its my choice of what i want to put in it.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 09:34

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I'll do a Phase I cheat free week, starting today 7/5/05

I'll check back daily for accountability-

So far so good!
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 12:07
Wanna Be A Loser!

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 216.4/212/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 8%
I'm starting today with my Phase I ~ cheat-free week!!!! Count me in, starting today, uh, after 12 noon. I started Phase I after noon today. Better late today, than tomorrow, eh?
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 17:47

BF:

Okay gals, I admit to not taking this challenge seriously. If I had I dont think I would have eaten that funnel cake but I am looking on the plus side of things I didnt come home and binge after the fireworks, which other times I would have because I would have figured I messed up anyways so why not eat the whole house up. So I'm here again for the start of another week cheat free. The scale is going to be good on Monday by god!! I did feel sorry for myself when I woke up because surely I couldnt have done anything good for my body but you know what todays a new day and I'm gonna do good. I believe in myself,and everybody here that we can do this.And if you do mess up-know that we are all here to support you