Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-01-06, 19:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Funny, my exercise is walking also. I walk to work. I live 2 miles away from work, I have become a familiar sight to my coworkrs on the way to and back from work. I work at a big university with a gym. I made a half hearted attempt at first, but I hated working out. I found I got just as much done fitness wise and still getting to work.

I know I should not say this because of the "well, it's alright for YOU to say", but there are many people that have kept off the weight for over five years and more. I know someone who has kept it off over 12 years now. Her diet was Weight Watchers. I've been thin since 1999, but my husband has stayed thin longer.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-06, 23:55

Stats: 194/131/135 Female 63 inches
BF:Too/Much/Fluff!
Progress: 107%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelratz
I know I should not say this because of the "well, it's alright for YOU to say", but there are many people that have kept off the weight for over five years and more. I know someone who has kept it off over 12 years now. Her diet was Weight Watchers. I've been thin since 1999, but my husband has stayed thin longer.

It's really good to hear you say this, because sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed by everyone talking about all the statistics that predict almost all of us will regain our weight.

So far (about 10 months) maintenance has not really been all that difficult for me. I start to wonder if maybe I am missing something- it should be harder, because so many people say it is, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? And maybe that "something" that I'm not doing will somehow cause me to fall off the wagon and regain my weight??!!

It's like I'm thinking there is going to be some sort of sneak attack one of these days that clobbers me and takes my weight loss away- turning me into one of the statistics of people who regain their weight!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-06, 06:38

Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Actually, maintenance should not be that difficult at all. By the time you get to your goal, you know what eating habits work for you, not what anyone else says you should do. It's not that bloody hard. What can be a problem is staying active. Both diet and excersice work hand in hand. Can't have one without the other. Don't think in your head "well I ate a little too much of this or the other, so I guess I will have to double the running, etc" Just stay loose. Stress ony hurts you.

Another thing is your attitude. You constantly see around you people who lose and gain more. Keep blinders on! Just because they did not do it, does not mean you can't. I think it makes you want it more, to show you can do it.