Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:36

Plan: My Own
Stats: 250/233.1/150 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 17%

If you highlight it and copy it from your e-mail you should be able to paste it into the reply box. I don't think you can use it as an attachemnt on this site, just copy and paste. Hope this helped.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 21:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/155/140 Female 5-1
BF:
Progress:
Default the ribs-yum yum in my tum tum

[QUOTE=Rosebud1]I have the article scanned but now I don't know what to do? I sent it to my email as an attachment and it worked great but this site won't let me do anything with it.If you know how I can get it to you, let me know. It was all about putting your meat covered in water with a quarter cup of salt for each cup of water and keep it in frig for 1 to 2 hours per pound.You can add garlic or other seasonings. She add a fruit 2 drink, peach or orange in place of some of the water. We didn't do that. My dh cooks the ribs first some in the oven covered and then finishes on the grill.
hi, rosebud let me give you my e-mail address and maybe you can send that way-apittman2~tampabay.rr.com,. well when I get up in the morning I will be starting my fast,I always hate getting through the first day so how are you doing? angela
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 10:23
Registered Member

Plan: Low carbs, healthy eating
Stats: 154/149/139 Female 5'8.5'
BF:
Progress: 33%

We had fried eggs and jimmy dean light sausage. Boy did I eat a lot. We have gone to church and my dh smoked the turkey legs and we are off to the arboretum to have a picnic. I also brought a hb egg and sf jello and a diet rootbeer and a bottle of water. We can do it. Keep in touch. I will send you the attachment when I get home before we go to our ballroom dance lessons at our church at 6. good luck!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 11:50
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default yes we can do it

[QUOTE=Rosebud1]We had fried eggs and jimmy dean light sausage. Boy did I eat a lot. We have gone to church and my dh smoked the turkey legs and we are off to the arboretum to have a picnic. I also brought a hb egg and sf jello and a diet rootbeer and a bottle of water. We can do it. Keep in touch. I will send you the attachment when I get home before we go to our ballroom dance lessons at our church at 6. good luck! well ,hello, I started my breakfast with about 5 strips of bacon and two hard boiled eggs for lunch i am having grilled chicken strips and dinner a big t-bone ,that does not sound like too much torture does it?,ha ha and it sounds like you are having a swell day with your food and activities too.Ya know this fast has really taught me a little more about that induction does not have to be that hard if you just make good choice,I lost on induction during the several times I went on it but not as much as most people do,around 2 to 4 pounds every time and I think I was eatting way to much cheese sometimes it is real hard for mr to know how many carbs I am getting because I go out to eat a good bit,say for instance I have a omlet a this pancake house called the "egg platter" and I always get the philly steak,now that thing is huge I mean hanging of the plate and about a inch thick,it has actkins acceptable items such as cheese , mushrooms,onions and meat,But how would you count that? I know its made with three eggs,but how much cheese? it could have 5 slices of cheese for all I know,That is the only part of induction that is aggervating to me. Does your dh diet with you? my husband is a walking bone but he is very supportive of my diet.I will probably weigh in the morning,I hope I lose as much as i did last time. when will you be finished with your fast? angela
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 12:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Baby!
Stats: 236/172/118 Female 5' 8
BF:Top Secret
Progress: 54%
Thumbs up Update

Hi Girls! We have been out and about all weekend, and it has been glorious outside. I want to tell you, I have been doing our meat/egg fast since Friday, and OMG!!! My stall is already broken. I stood on my scale this morning, and I was down 6 pounds. I am still in shock. If I knew how incredibly well my body would respond to meat, eggs and tons of water...I would have done this years ago.

I just can't beleive it. Four weeks of plateau struggling each day to loose anything and nothing budged. Then I do this eating for 3 days and bam! I am even thinking to incorporate this into my weekly life, maybe doing this for two days at the beginning of my week, just to fool my metabolism. Then back to my consistant low carb veggie life.

I have found if I switch my diet around a bit I continue to loose. But, if I stick to one thing for a long time, my body adjusts and I don't loose anything. Anybody heard about if that works for others?

The one thing I do miss is my low-carb treats. I have a sweet tooth like you wouldn't believe, and it's hard to give up my surgar-free gum at the very least. But I have heard that sugar alcohols can also slow your progress.

How is everybody doing with their first day? Hope it is going well.
Keep up the good work, this really does work!

- Jennifer
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 14:24
Registered Member

BF:
Default so far so good

I know the toughest time is tonight but I have had fun so far eating meat and eggs! I started yesterday just because we didn't have any major plans to eat out with friends or go to someones bday party. I did great and we had steak and smoked sausage last night with j-e-l-l-o. I lost about three quarters of a pound and I am real happy with that.Wow, JennyU, unbelieveable weight loss for you , congrats!! It's beautiful here too and I hope Florida is having pretty weather also. It really makes me want to go out and play- no tv on days like today. We just got back from looking at a zillion beautiful plants. It was so packed we had to park miles away and then we walked all around the park. That should be good for me. Anyway flipflop, I am the worse to ask about how to figure the carb counts when you go out to eat. That's probably why I don't do good on induction. I probably eat too many carbs. Anyway, I am sending you the article and it has a great recipe. Write soon. We have to make it through tonight. My dh won't tell me what we are having on my diet. He says its a surprise. He likes eating this way and he stays nice and thin but being 6'5" helps. By for now, nap time! Leesha
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 14:48
Registered Member

BF:
Default This site changes symbols

I have had to experiment to get your email address right. I think I have it now.

Last edited by Rosebud1 : Sun, Apr-03-05 at 14:50. Reason: need to delete, I found the answer
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 16:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Baby!
Stats: 236/172/118 Female 5' 8
BF:Top Secret
Progress: 54%
Wink Check In

Hi Girls - Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing on their fast. I have had amazing results, and am so glad I tried this.

Doing the fast with other people has helped too!
Jenny
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-05, 17:06
Registered Member

BF:
Default the end of it

Finished yesterday and was very weak this morning. I just had turkey soup last night. Been working too much and playing. I only lost a pound and a half this time but I had sf drinks and coffee and sf jello which I didn't have last time. I am happy to have lost some. We will see if I can get off the last few pounds now. Keep in touch.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-05, 05:00
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default I am finished!!!!

hi,rosebud and jenny,I am with you on that weak feeling,I had a rather rough time this time around as I was sooooo constipated I had not use the bathroom in three days ,and laxatives were not working so last night I took a handfull of several kinds of laxatives ,well my stomach hurt all night long but it did solve the problem,I weighed this morning and I only lost 1 lb last week and last time I lost 5 I do not understand why,Do yall think I did the diets to close together? I ate the same thing,but I ate chicken twice instead of the pork ribs and I did exercize this time as I did not last time(I joined a gym).ITs kind of mind blowing as I thought the exercize would help. I am still going to do this but only about once or twice a month as I was very tired on it the whole time.LEt me know what yall think about the 1 lb verus 5,at least we did lose something and jenny you did great,DO you plan to do it again soon?angela
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-05, 06:07

Plan: My Own
Stats: 250/233.1/150 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Checking in

As of this morning I am down 3 lbs! Yea. I am going to stay on induction level foods for the next few weeks and see if I can get myself started again.

Congrats to everyone else!

Flip flop - you can't expect your body to loose that much weight every week, espically since you are so close to your goal weight. Still, 1 lb is 1 more lb gone!