Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 13:04

Plan: My Own
Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 0%
Talking Am I too late to join in the fun??

Hey Yall!!

My name is Angel. I just got married and well I was loosing weight until we went on our honeymoon!! I think I gained like 10 pounds in my mid section alone. From planning to getting there to leaving to coming home I have put on a whopping 10lbs!! Now my loss of 25 has increased to 35.

I'm cool though. I just need to stay on track. I am not on any particular diet I am really just watching my carbs and trying to get my mile in of running a day!! (while fighting off my husband and his addiction to soulful dishes) I won't name them yall know what I'm talking about.

Anyways I would love to be a part of your group!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 13:17

Plan: Low carb & some Keto
Stats: 276/251/140 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:43.5%/34%/23%
Progress: 18%

WOW, this group sounds great.

I've decided to start low-carbing on Monday, July 19 2004. I know I shouldn't wait till Monday but I don't have any low carb food in the house and I don't want to do it half heartedly. I'll be able to go shopping over the weekend and I'll spend this week deciding what I'm going to need. I still haven't read all of my Dr. Atkins book but I'm going to keep trying to read it --at least the induction portion--so I'll be ready to roll on Monday.

I'm a 34 year old married black female from Ohio. I'm 5'1" and I weigh 230lbs, so I look like a bowling ball with "short" legs. I'm pretty much a loner. I don't have any friends male or female and I have a very dysfunctional family. I'm pretty much a homebody and I hate going out because I never have anything to wear and I always feel like everyone is looking down on me.

I've read about how a lot of people lose weight and become more self confident and outgoing and I hope that can happen to me. I congratulate all of you ladies on the progress that you've made and I'm hoping that I'll also have success.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 13:39

Plan: High Protein/LowCarb
Stats: 345/307/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey everybody!!! Glad to see some sista's I haven't met before.

I've been slacking a little on this WOE, but I'm getting better. It's like this TOM was the worse ever and my cravings have been crazy. But nevertheless, I'm still around!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 14:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Default Wasuup E'rebody?

It's nice to see the convo increase on this thread. Frodo girl, join us and find some of that much needed support!!! My suggestion is read that book cover to cover before next Monday. Then there will be no surprises, and you will truly be informed about this WOL. While my stats may not show it - yet - I have been successful on Atkins before. Come on in, the water is fine and I'll be your friend

Shout outs to all the rest of you lovely ladies.

Anyone got some good recipies to share? I'm always looking for something new.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 17:05

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

Hi Frodo and Misskoli, welcome,

Hey Nasira I took a LC cooking class I have some great recipes, what types of food do you like, I am always happy to share, also take a peak at my menus in my journal and I'll give you the recipes if there is anything your intrested in. Some of it lately is a little tame, but my husband is often a big baby!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 18:21

Plan: the one that works for me
Stats: 220/214/180 Female tall
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Ladies! I'm not African American, I'm an Afro-Caribbean-Canadian! Ahhh, the global village... Yes it's good that this thread's been founded, sistah- support! I find that much of our 'cultural' foods are so carb-heavy! Eating LC makes me feel sometimes as if I'm divorcing myself from my Jamaican heritage. No more hardo bread, dumplings (boiled or fried), yams, pumpkin, green banana (and ripe), plaintains, fritters, rice & peas, rum cake, grater cake (a coconut and sugar concoction), cornmeal pudding...oh lord let me stop! I swear though, I don't think I can stop myself from heading to the nearest mango tree the next time I go down!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 18:29

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

I know what you mean coolwater, whenever I go down south I switch to cad, maybe you could try it, manogs have 35g carbs just for the record, if your on maintenance you could have half a one :-)
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 21:10

Plan: the one that works for me
Stats: 220/214/180 Female tall
BF:
Progress: 15%

yeah...half a mango... I think I would be able to limit myself to one a day. We have these East Indian mangos that are as big as your head, think they're also called John Belly Full, for obvious reasons. I have many a fond childhood memory of sitting under a mango tree filling my belly. They do sell mangoes here in Toronto, and I've been able to avoid temptation, so maybe I wouldn't do so bad if I went back home, I think it's an emotional thing.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 21:27

Plan: My Own Thang....
Stats: 190/190/160 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Default hello ladies!!!!!

well look at us!! just growin and growin. i hope we can be of great help to each other. let me tell u...i had four chocoalte chip cookies today and dont i feel a hot mess!! but just finished my cardio a few minutes agao. so i feel better. cool water u dont know the half of it! i am a bahamian/american(south)/cuban child of God and u dont wanna know what goes on in this here kitchen! chile please. i have to avoid goin to my mama house on sunday. aint that a trip? but im still chuggin ya'll im crazy. anyway i gotta get ready for school tomorrow. stay positive.
jodi
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-13-04, 21:38

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi I am Mary, 47 year old mom of 3 grown brats ( my baby is 16 ). I am married to my second husband who makes a great stepdad. Everyone is very supportive of my low carb lifestyle. As a matter of fact, they read labels and watch news reports and commercials on low carb issues as much as I do. Diabetes runs in my family so this is a diet that I was born to be on. When I was a kid I was as thin as a rail and hated bread, pasta, rice etc. I didn't really begin liking breads, rice etc until after I had my children. I began having symptoms of hypoglycemia although I was never diagnosed. My lab work always came back negative. I know that I am hypoglycemic regardless of the lab work, because my symptoms are gone after I began low carbing. My appetite is contrilloed and my hunger is alot calmer. I have been doing this for a year and 7 months now and I have not looked back. I am looking ahead to that 2 piece bathing suit.

I have not posted here in a while and lost all the Sistahs threads.

Black57
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:00

Stats: 190/190/165 Female 62
BF:TOO MUCH

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Hello again. I hope everyone is doing well today! I am doing acceptionally well concidering I had a peanut butter cookie yesterday!! (I feel you Soonslim). I am having some out of this world cravings but I will do my best to keep them under control. Right now I am craving bananas, the funny thing is I don't even like real bananas!! Anyhow I hope your day is as wonderful as mine is going to be!!!

#27   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:12

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

WOW, I'm pleased to see how this thread has grown! (I've been lurking ).
Hello everyone! I've been LCing on and off for over a year. I totally believe it is the BEST way to live, once you find the right balance. I'm very interested in health: nutrition and exercise. I'm currently doing a CAD trial and trying to balance marriage, work, studies, life, eating etc. But that's how things go.

I'm not African-American. I'm Afro-Caribbean living in SC. I LOVE this forum and I hope I can be good support to anyone I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwater
Hi Ladies! I'm not African American, I'm an Afro-Caribbean-Canadian! Ahhh, the global village... Yes it's good that this thread's been founded, sistah- support! I find that much of our 'cultural' foods are so carb-heavy! Eating LC makes me feel sometimes as if I'm divorcing myself from my Jamaican heritage. No more hardo bread, dumplings (boiled or fried), yams, pumpkin, green banana (and ripe), plaintains, fritters, rice & peas, rum cake, grater cake (a coconut and sugar concoction), cornmeal pudding...oh lord let me stop! I swear though, I don't think I can stop myself from heading to the nearest mango tree the next time I go down!

I'm from Ja, so don't I know it! Why did you have to mention hardo bread?!!

take care everyone, I'll be back,
Nadz
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:37

Stats: 356.8/335/190 Female 5' 9"
BF:huh?...what?..%#$~
Progress: 13%

Hello everyone, My name is Kish, and I would love to join you. I'm trying to stay on track and get this weight off. I'm getting married on November 6th and I want to be a slim bride by that time. I'm holding off on buying my dress because I want to lose more weight. The weekends are so hard for me every friday I tell myself I'm going to do well this weekend and I always find a way to mess up. Well as of today I'm on strict induction. So I need you guys help to get through this
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:52
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I want to join too.

I am glad you started the thread Nasira. We had one before but it got lost somewhere. Hey Black, Soonslim, Angel, Coolwater, Elizabeth, Frodo, John Doe, Holly, Kish, MissKolie, Nadz. (Hope I didn't forget a name).

I'm also from the Caribbean. I live in Toronto. I started Atkins on Feb 19, 2003. Right now I'm concentrating on weightlifting.

Hugs
red
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 08:05

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%

Kish- We're here for yah. You can do it. And you've got support!

Hey Red! I didn't know you're from the C'bbean? Where from? How's TKD?

Closed Thread