Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 21:31

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

re: frustration.

My sister has fought her weight all her life just like I have. Last year she decided to set aside one day a week and give herself permission to eat whatever she wanted. The other six days she ate fresh veggies, lean meats, fruit, complex carbs, you know the drill.

Well, she lost 20 pounds in about four months. She has another 20 to lose but I think she's going to make it. By just knowing that she can have anything she wants on Sunday, she never feels too frustrated or deprived to "behave" the rest of the week. She found what works for her.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: ss
Stats: 206/205/150 Female 5feet 3inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quincy,

No need to appologize. Do you have a journal?
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 12:56

Plan: The G.I. Diet
Stats: 205/185/165 Male 71 inches
BF:29%/26%/23%
Progress: 50%

re: journal.
I have never kept a journal, but I think it would be good to start one. Thanks for the suggestion.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Just a thought, fungirl, but you mentioned "0 carbs" while Atkins, which is not recommended. It's a case of carbs too low makes some people not lose.
And since you only gave it a week, and didn't follow the Induction Plan which allows 20 carbs, it's hard to tell what did and didn't work for you.
Everyone has to find a plan that works for them, but I would say it takes longer than a week.
Heck, it took me 5 days to get over my withdrawal symptoms. It wasn't until week two that I started really feeling the energy.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 18:58

Plan: anti-fungal, atkins
Stats: 165/125/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey just one thing to add about atkins...if you read the book it tells you not to do zero carbs!! infact the only really really low carb is during the induction and that is still 20 carbs a day. then you slowly increase. and I did induction without eating cheeses or heavy meats!! i did it with turkey ,chicken and salads( as veggies are very important on the atkins diet )
Not trying to be rude but just stating truths.

I tried sommerizing..it just didn't work for me tried it for several months and lost like 5 pounds! with atkins im in week 5 and have lost 10 pounds..may not sound speedy but my body has very slow metabolism..
and I have never felt so healthy...I am not hungry, i don't snack like I used to and I am eating more veggies in one day than I use to in a week!! plus I don't have to count calories

ok enough of atkins...I just wanted to really say find a plan that works for you and stick to it and put everything into it and it will work!!

I wish you the best of luck!!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:04

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I have been doing Atkins for over a year. I had 40 lbs to lose. The most important low carb food I had was a snack called, patience. When I combined patience with consistancy, I discovered weightloss success. This is by far longer than a week.

It took a period of 14 years for me to put on 40 lbs. I did not check my weight gain on a daily basis to make sure that I was gaining ok. But with patience and consistancy ( and a hearty appetite ) I gained. Now with this same patience and consistancy I have lost weight and improved my health. It is important to realize that your body is only going to do what it is capable of doing. It takes a tad longer than a week to see any kind of a pattern. According to Atkins, if you have not lost any weight in 2 weeks, there might be an underlying problem like thyroid disease. Give the diet and your body the time that it needs to communicate to you what it needs and how it works.